The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEPA Get Together  (Read 20013 times)

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NEPA Get Together
« Reply #60 on: Nov 30, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Just FYI  the crews keep Rt. 487 up the mountain to Lake Jean in good shape.  I've been on Jean til 2am with lots of snow falling and the crews were actually out plowing at that hour.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:07 PM »
I never fished Lake Jean and would need directions.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:12 PM »
you can go with me brother.just do you dont bring your cousin DON J.LOL.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #63 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Awww come on Chez, I thought you'd want your Brother Don to go so he could put you on tv. ;D

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 01, 2012, 10:37 AM »
mark. DON J. is chris s cousin.they look a lot alike but chris is  a little taller maybe a foot or so.lol.me im a dodge man. my work vehicle is a jeep. still mopar.i have luck with dodge.im not worried about getting up the hill at lake jean. its comming down after the gettogether with too many cocktails.lol.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 01, 2012, 06:40 PM »
chris taught don a lot.he even taught him to run that side by side.i think chris would drown him for real if they ever went fishing.lol.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Dec 02, 2012, 09:23 AM »
Watch it.  No worries about me drowning him, I wouldn't take him or even tell him where we're going.  Well on second though I'd tell him, just a spot about 50 miles in the opposite direction.   ;D  Oh by the way Don really is Chez's brother with an assumed name. 

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #67 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:29 PM »
has Don J.  taught anybody his secrets to bear hunting.   

WNEP is not the same anymore with K. H.  I very rarely watch it anymore

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #68 on: Dec 02, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Don's secret to bear hunting is to hunt over bait and when tipped off the Game Commission is coming to hid the rifle and say you're just sitting in the tree to get a bear on film.  Yes this is 100% true, happened about nine or ten years ago at a camp he was a guest at.

MarkD, yeah that will work.  Now where is CJ hiding.   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Dec 02, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Don's secret to bear hunting is to hunt over bait and when tipped off the Game Commission is coming to hid the rifle and say you're just sitting in the tree to get a bear on film.  Yes this is 100% true, happened about nine or ten years ago at a camp he was a guest at.

MarkD, yeah that will work.  Now where is CJ hiding.   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah I had heard from to many people for it not to be....  I did not know if anybody would remember.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I can say from first hand knowledge it's is ABSOLUTELY true.  Other members of this camp got arrested for hunting over bait but he weaseled his way out of it.  What really burns my feathers is this goof, and that's an insult to the goofs, still manages to keep his job and go on tv and be so high and mighty like he's some kind of super outdoorsman.  I can't stand the site of that guy and wish they'd get rid of him.  It sure would be a major improvement to the show, heck I might even start watching it again.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Dec 02, 2012, 09:11 PM »
i guess it does not matter which lake it is......its just one ........  is more over fished then the other.  If you go to the over fished one.  why not make it on the day that big buck has his benifit tourney and atleast support something when the pannies are comming out.   

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:56 AM »
im for jean.about 1 hr. from my house.i can meet chris and his cousin DJ. THEY CAN RIDE WITH US OR FOLLOW ME.JUST SO THEY BRING THE DOUGHNUTS.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #73 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:14 PM »
The official NE/NC PA Get Together has already been to Lake Jean.  It was the second lake in its 6 year history.  I have already spoken to other hosts of the get together,  and we are thinking either Black Moshannon or possibly Colyer this year if it looks like we are going to have a good ice season.
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #74 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:40 PM »
there should be a lake already picked out for this year . that should have been done at last years get together
I know that is what we typically do John, but with only 3 of us there last year at Walker, we didn't have someone to "pass the torch" to.  You've already hosted, coolj has hosted, and I have hosted.  Digger was at Walker last year, but he lives by Rose Valley and we have already been there.  The idea was to go to a NEW lake every year.  All of you voting for Lake Jean, sorry, we have been there.  I like the idea of Black Mo, but it is too far away for me to host it.  Would Skipper be willing to host???  Who among us lives by Colyer that would be willing to host our annual event.  It would be better to be hosted by someone who has actually attended at least 1 of the last 6 get togethers.  So, if you have actually attended the NE/NC PA Get Together in one of the last six seasons, are interested in hosting on your "home" lake and the get together has not been on that lake, speak up. 
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #75 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:07 PM »
I know that is what we typically do John, but with only 3 of us there last year at Walker, we didn't have someone to "pass the torch" to.  You've already hosted, coolj has hosted, and I have hosted.  Digger was at Walker last year, but he lives by Rose Valley and we have already been there.  The idea was to go to a NEW lake every year.  All of you voting for Lake Jean, sorry, we have been there.  I like the idea of Black Mo, but it is too far away for me to host it.  Would Skipper be willing to host???  Who among us lives by Colyer that would be willing to host our annual event.  It would be better to be hosted by someone who has actually attended at least 1 of the last 6 get togethers.  So, if you have actually attended the NE/NC PA Get Together in one of the last six seasons, are interested in hosting on your "home" lake and the get together has not been on that lake, speak up.

We are and have been talking about planning on places to go with open invitations to anyone who wants to come fish and meet other members.  We're not trying to step on one's toes or bruise their egos.  This conversation was never ment to be any official shin dig, just setting up some dates for certain lakes for other members to know where other members will be fishing and when if they want to show up and meet other members. 

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:08 PM »
im for jean.about 1 hr. from my house.i can meet chris and his cousin DJ. THEY CAN RIDE WITH US OR FOLLOW ME.JUST SO THEY BRING THE DOUGHNUTS.

Hey Chez A.K.A. CJ, keep that up and it'll be rice cakes for you..........remember your diet.   ;D

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:14 PM »
The official NE/NC PA Get Together has already been to Lake Jean.

We already know this.....  with times being tuff on every one us guys up here in the northeast were wanting to get together some where we could get to with out a huge cost to us. 

Both coyler andthe black would be 4 hour drives at best for us up here not to mention alot of gas.  if there was to be only one meeting for everybody going to these lakes would be like us insisting you guys travel to prompton or duck harbor

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #78 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:49 PM »
Well said, I couldn't agree more. 

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:41 AM »
Hey Chez A.K.A. CJ, keep that up and it'll be rice cakes for you..........remember your diet.   ;D
   BUDDY. I CHEATED SATURDAY NITE. I HAD 6 BEERS AND A BAG OF [polish shrimps] thats cheese jax to you.im all for the gettogeather to meet some of the guys.i dont mind going a hour an a half but thats about it.it seems to be a major problem what lake.we should do a few lakes on the same day.that way that way everyone would be out on the same day but at lakes near them. just a idea.send my love to D.J.      PS. IS HE HUNTING WITH YOU TODAY?CHECK TO SEE IF HE HAS DOUGHNUTS.TELL HIM TO LEAVE THEM IN THE TRUCK.GOOD LUCK TODAY.

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:33 PM »
I have never made it to one of the get togethers, so I wont  get too involved in picking out the place.  I  will go if I  can and if its in the poconos or lake jean or  somewhere  in Centre county ---    I doesnt matter to me.   

The year it was  at Montour preserve  the word was  that the fishing   was no good there.  So  our gang  went somewhere  else that  weekend.    Last year  was Walker  but there was no ice,  so we went up to Hills Creek that weekend.   

So the only suggestion I would make  would  be to try to  pick a lake that has a good bite going --- even if you have to decide  later after   we have  had a chance to  fish a while ??    We  dont get many weeks to fish anymore ---- no sense wasting it  fishing a dead lake, eh ?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:55 PM »
   BUDDY. I CHEATED SATURDAY NITE. I HAD 6 BEERS AND A BAG OF [polish shrimps] thats cheese jax to you.im all for the gettogeather to meet some of the guys.i dont mind going a hour an a half but thats about it.it seems to be a major problem what lake.we should do a few lakes on the same day.that way that way everyone would be out on the same day but at lakes near them. just a idea.send my love to D.J.      PS. IS HE HUNTING WITH YOU TODAY?CHECK TO SEE IF HE HAS DOUGHNUTS.TELL HIM TO LEAVE THEM IN THE TRUCK.GOOD LUCK TODAY.

Nope you're Brother doesn't hunt with me.  After your week you deserve a cheat day but an entire bag of polish shrimp, you couldn't have gotten a good pizza instead?  Don't worry CJ I'll get you some good donuts when we go fishing.

MarkD, I think you have a good idea about starting a new topic and naming it the informal NEPA get together or something like that.  I agree a few different places on different days to give everyone a shot at getting out and meeting members at a local or semilocal lake.  Times are tough for everyone so I think that's the best way to do this, I know for me going more than a hour or so is pretty much my limit.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:01 PM »
they already have a thread for their get together....  its the one that is entitled 2012 the gathering or something. 

I would think the title of ours is alright since it says NEPA........  (north east PA)

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:47 AM »
I bet   we could get a gang  to come over  to the poconos to fish someday and  meet you guys --- whether it is some kind of  "official" meeting day  or not.  We just like to fish and if you guys have  early ice you dont mind sharing, then we  dont mind driving !!!     

Later on in the winter if you guys want to try a different lake then  we would have plenty we could show you !

--- except  for chickenwsl    ---  Was that  a ravens  banner under your post ?   We might have to show up waving our terrible towels after last sunday's win !     ( just kidding)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Dec 05, 2012, 06:53 AM »
No big deal...the NE get together as noted was just an informal day to meet fellow IS members. I prefer something closer to NE Pa. (not that I don't care to meet you central state guys) It is just easier to drive and spend more time on the ice. So we can start another thread for an informal NE IS day on the ice to avoid confusion with the official get together thread. Mark
IM WITH YOU MARK. AN INFORMAL DAY.CLOSE TO THE POCONOS.GREAT IDEA.IM FOR ANYWHERE IN WAYNE COUNTY.IT SEEMS THAT AREA ALWAYS GETS FIRST ICE AND LAST THE LONGEST.

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:56 AM »
 No dog in this ,,, but it seems to me that the boys out west have had their shindig at lake Arthur for the past few years. It also seems it's more of a gathering than a fishing thing(although I'm sure ice is hoped for). Lake Arthur looks like it is centrally located so that people in the N have to drive S and vice versa. To me that seems like the right idea, meet up say from 10-? late lunch at x:xx.  One guy gets to play "host" and oversees the group site. Others may come and go exploring, fishing , or whatever just be back at x:xx for lunch. The "host" will stay on site till after lunch. Of course the "host" would be rotated every year unless we find a sucker a great guy willing to do it  ;D
  Way too late for this year but something to think about, west has theirs, central picks a lake and east does the same...........We could still try to have an on ice "offical"  traveling get together IF WINTER EVER COMES BACK or even mini meet+greets.........just some thoughts

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #86 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:25 PM »
IM WITH YOU MARK. AN INFORMAL DAY.CLOSE TO THE POCONOS.GREAT IDEA.IM FOR ANYWHERE IN WAYNE COUNTY.IT SEEMS THAT AREA ALWAYS GETS FIRST ICE AND LAST THE LONGEST.

Count me in on this idea, just need to figure out when and where.  Nothing formal or scheduled, other than the date and location, and if people want to fish, talk and fish, or just talk who cares it's a chance to get out on the ice and meet the other members.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #87 on: Dec 06, 2012, 09:45 PM »
MAYBE TWO GATHERINGS.so that most guys interested in going can make it.split the state east and west.i know a bunch of guys from NY would go to one in the wayne county area. PROMPTON, DUCK HARBOR,or BELLMONT maybe.all pretty nice lakes, and all of these lakes usally have ice early and the last to melt.JUST AN IDEA.

Parking wise, Prompton has more room ...I would pick either there or Duck Harbor.....Belmont's driveway can get a bit tricky in the winter, and it like a whole different world there in the winter...

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #88 on: Dec 10, 2012, 05:49 PM »
What does everyone think of going to Prompton for a day and which day would be better, a Saturday or Sunday?  Please post your ideas so we can start to figure this out.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Dec 11, 2012, 07:35 AM »
GREAT IDEA. I LIKE SATURDAYS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.