The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEPA Get Together  (Read 20014 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Re: NEPA Get Together
« Reply #240 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:52 PM »
hey do you have that phone number tried looking it up but couldnt find it

I never found one either.....I thought I had it somewhere but I guess not

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #241 on: Jan 23, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Since there's going to be so many people there do we want to change the date to Feb 2nd so we don't interfer with the derbies and take a spot someone who's paying to fish may want to fish?  Also is there going to be enough parking for everyone since some people are coming in cars and can't bust into the snow and make a parking spot without getting stuck.  Like Chez said it's going to be a busy lake and how are is our gang going to know where our group is?  By the way what part of the lake do we want to fish?  My thought is to move it to Feb 2nd to make it easier for everyone.  What does everyone think?

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #242 on: Jan 24, 2013, 05:11 AM »
I second. Feb 2nd  :thumbsup: the parking area is small.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #243 on: Jan 24, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Why don't you guys just pick another lake? There's got to be a decent alternate in your area.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #244 on: Jan 24, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Sounds good to me and a wise choice.  Feb 2nd it is.  I'll let Chez know, I just hope he doesn't eat all the polish shrimp and if he does they can make enough to resupply him.  LOL

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #245 on: Jan 24, 2013, 12:47 PM »
I won't be able to make it the 2nd, I will be up on Bomoseen and Champlain.....have some fun for me, take some pictures, and catch some fish for me too guys ! I am sure that one day our paths will cross...

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #246 on: Jan 24, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Feb 2 it is. I'm staying local this weekend. Revised plans in place. I'll see everybody next weekend. Mark
im with you mark. i got the full blown flew.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #247 on: Jan 24, 2013, 05:37 PM »
probably wont be there the second but still planning on fishing there this weekend or maybe belmont if anyone is interested in meeting up or has any suggestions?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #248 on: Jan 24, 2013, 06:56 PM »
I never fished Belmont before but might go there Sunday. 

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #249 on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:00 PM »
chris sounds good to me ill more then likely end up there sunday unless the fishing was really good saturday wherever i fish

Offline beeverfishingscatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDWATER CHICK :)
« Reply #250 on: Jan 26, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Well..... hoping the invite still stands...... pretty sure I'm off again next weekend.....n seeing that once again the one i thought was going to take me out has thrown me away again.....n still noone out here has offered to allow me to tag along........ so guess i will drive hours to meet ppl nice enough to allow someone like me to tag along... plz keep me posted.........i really wanted to go out today like he said but as i said he threw me away again
one old fisherman's catch of a lifetime ;) 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>   HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

Offline beeverfishingscatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDWATER CHICK :)
« Reply #251 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Hey chris.....how is all this warm weather gonna effect the ice for saturday.....not wanting to drive 4 hrs if the ice isnt gonna b fishable/safe n such :(
one old fisherman's catch of a lifetime ;) 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>   HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #252 on: Jan 30, 2013, 05:10 AM »
The ice will be fine.  I fished White Oaks which is close by on Sunday and there was around 10 inches of clear ice with about an inch or two of snow on top.  The warm weather and rain will take off the snow and melt some ice but from Thursday on it's going to be cold again so any water on top will freeze up.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #253 on: Jan 30, 2013, 11:42 AM »
chris i fished prompton sunday and there wasnt that much ice there im worried about edges coming  apart thats a lot of rain and high temps not  to mention the wind pushing the water across the top hopefully somebody can check it before saturday

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #254 on: Jan 30, 2013, 04:09 PM »
I hope that band of heavy rain stays out in central PA  they could see up to 4 inches of rain.  we are still in the 1-2 inch area.  It could eat up some ice if that rain sits on top and gets blown around shaving it away, that would do the most damage.  I think we are still under a high wind warning for tonight and tomorrow. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #255 on: Jan 30, 2013, 04:23 PM »
yes certainly are under high wind and flash flood warning last time i checked the app on my phone been checking it nonstop last 2 weeks and calling for 3" of rain last i looked for town of prompton

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #256 on: Jan 30, 2013, 04:55 PM »
I was up to prompton last sat. There was about 6-7 inches with snow on top. & NO derbies. of course  :o

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #257 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Fastribs85, how much ice did you measure there when you were fishing it on Sunday?  I fished a lake near there and there was 10 inches of clear ice. The edged may soften up some but with the cold temps on Thursday and Friday they will harden up fast.   I'll be there Saturday around 900 or 930.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #258 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:42 PM »
chris i think there was 7 maybe 8 estimated guess by size of fish some fish i pulled out (8" hole gill fit just over but didnt clear bottom of ice with lips at the top of hole) and according to weather as of right now at 10:41 pm wed night its 51 and  raining in prompton wherever they moniter it there. with flood warning and high wind till tomorrow. also a high of 40 with high winds then snow forcasted for friday so has me a little nervous as to it holding up

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #259 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:49 PM »
I checked Lakawanna State Park today since I was in the area for work and the shore line is opened up.  I wanted to get to Prompton today but couldn't do it with work.  I'm not sure how the ice is but would think it's not much worse than Lackawanna State Park and if the shore is open with the cold temps tonight through Saturday morning I'd bet the shore line will refreeze and we'll be fine but then again that's only my guess.  What happens opposed to my guess could be worlds apart.  Does anyone know someone who can give us a report tomorrow?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #260 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:18 PM »
I just saw on another site that there is six feet of open water between the shore and the ice.  I don't know if this report is accurate or not, can any confirm the conditions?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #261 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:21 AM »
I am here now at the boat launch and there is about a dozen cars and about two dozen guys on the ice.  No problem gettin on.  Hope to see everyone here.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #262 on: Feb 02, 2013, 12:46 PM »
I just got home from Prompton.  There were some pressure heaves along shore but I had no problem getting on or off at the boat launch.  There was 10 inches of clear ice with a dusting of snow on top.  I maked some fish but they were all lookers.  There was about 24 other people there and the vast majority were using tip-ups with very few flags from what I saw.  I didn't recognize anyone from the site so maybe someone showed up but went their own way, don't know.  I was fishing about half way across the lake toward what looks like a brushy island with Popular trees on it.  Oh well, I didn't meet anyone but at least I got out on the ice for a few hours.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #263 on: Feb 02, 2013, 01:23 PM »
Well chris I was not sure if the get together was a go or a no go due to the recent warm up. And lack f reports. So was it today ? or next week?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #264 on: Feb 02, 2013, 03:12 PM »
It was today.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #265 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:17 PM »
guys thinking i might be up at prompton or belmont net weekend not sure what day yet if you guys want to meet let me know

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #266 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:15 PM »
CHRIS  you did a lot better with us tonite than yesterday at the gettogether.you will be cleaning fish late tonite.thanks to that MAMUSHKA JIG.they will eat great.you had a banner nite.talk to ya latter.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #267 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:48 PM »
couldnt make the get togeather due to work,but I will be at lackawanna state park tomorow if anybody wants to meet up,i'll be in a clam summit shelter most likely to the right of the main boat launch

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #268 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:55 PM »
You didn't miss anything at the get together.  I didn't see anyone I recognized from the site and am leaning toward the idea that I was the only one who showed up.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #269 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:05 PM »
come on up to the park if you can make I'll be there all day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.