Author Topic: Northern Sask  (Read 13984 times)

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
Northern Sask
« on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Was down on Deschambault Lake and drilled  :)a hole to check on the ice conditions and was surpised to see that there was 13 inches of good ice, I was about 50 yards of the shore, will do some more testing this week.. very little snow so the ice should be going down steadily.  Stay posted

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Northern Sask
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:34 PM »
did you try it out??\do you live up that way?

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:48 PM »
very interested in conditions around deschambault/oskikibuk and limestone, want spend some time up there around x-mas. please PM or post any info if available. thnx

Offline btet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Is this who i think it is,has anyone been catching yet, i heard at the mouth of the Puskaukwa, how is the house coming?

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2010, 05:15 PM »
oh yes,this is who you think it is, is this who i think it is.. Will check it out more and get back to you, will have to sled across to oseka buck this winter, To cold and Nosa doesnt like the long ride...Keep in touch   

Offline btet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:20 AM »
I was out on the weekend, good thing we had steaks, no fish

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Just updating the ice conditions around Deschambault lake, there fishing at the Puskawa river, Willow Island and the Ballantyne. A few pressure ridges but access is open. Fishing was good up until the cloudy weather, but will soon return. Limestone also has some activity on it, No fishing news, will be checking out around christmas, been getting some snow so hopefully the road to Osekabuck will be getting close. Stay in touch more info..

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Just back from Limestone , 2hrs fishing 5 walleye and 5 Northern Pike , Just a great day away from work. Looks like there maybe action over at oskebuck, slow at the Puskawa today, lots of people over at Willow Island no reports yet..Have a great day. Keep posted for the most up to date fishing info from the north part of the Hanson Lake Road...

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2010, 10:12 PM »
thanks  great info
usually get up there a few times a yr.

do you work up there?
great area.
any wolves around?

been to big sandy at all?

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Yes, I work at the south east tip of Hanson lake at a open pit mine. Been living at Deschambault for a few years now. If your coming up get ahold of me and I can set you up with some great accomadations, I will keep post up as I will be check out the lakes right after Christmas. Sent a message on my e-mail and I will give you more info. The snow is starting to add up, but still no problems going anywhere.. till we talk again

Offline btet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:50 AM »
Just back from Limestone , 2hrs fishing 5 walleye and 5 Northern Pike , Just a great day away from work. Looks like there maybe action over at oskebuck, slow at the Puskawa today, lots of people over at Willow Island no reports yet..Have a great day. Keep posted for the most up to date fishing info from the north part of the Hanson Lake Road...

It would be nice to hit Limestone over the holidays but  we have only got a couple days off, did you drive or sled on Limestone?

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Btet, you are such a hard worker, your company is lucky to have such a devoted employee who works over the holdays.

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Hey there btet, nosa and I are back on the 27th and will likey be hitting one of the local lakes then or on the 28th, what days are you off, give me a shout and see if some thing works out. We drove out on Limestone there was about 18 inches of ice. Just went around the corner, but think we will take off to the hottest spot we found this summer. If it is half as good as this summer,it will be a blast. Should think about going across to the buck on sleds some time, usually have days off around the 16th and the 1st of every month, at that time there are no fish that are safe. Heard they are driving to the mouth of the Ballantyne also, that also could be very interesting. Let me know whats up and maybe if it works spend a night or two.  And this whole thing about being a devoted employee whats up with that,,HAHha

Offline btet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2010, 04:11 PM »
That Beachcomber smartalec works for the same company, hopefully we can find some time that works

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2010, 09:44 PM »
That Beachcomber smartalec works for the same company, hopefully we can find some time that works

Yes btet,anytime you got time off get your ass up here, going to be a busy march, getting lots of calls for the loft, but thats what its all about, friendship and fishing, Spare bedroom in the house is finished up stairs in the house, so got lots of room, still lots of work to go, some day be done, Fickin Rome wasnt built in a day!!!!

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2010, 01:43 PM »
any current updates on the action on decshambault lake? trucks or sleds and any fish? really wanna head up on 26th for a few days! any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:21 AM »
Hey Ash.  Its your favorite Safety Trainer. lol  hows the fishin been?  sounds like i'm back up sometime in feb.  have to get u to show me a good spot to catch a walleye  ;D

Have a Merry Christmas!

Cheers

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:22 PM »
You bet If your up here in Feb we will try to hook up, Favorite safety trainer? didnt know I had one!!! Going out tomorrow so should have a good idea whats up after that..

Offline btet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Yes btet,anytime you got time off get your ass up here, going to be a busy march, getting lots of calls for the loft, but thats what its all about, friendship and fishing, Spare bedroom in the house is finished up stairs in the house, so got lots of room, still lots of work to go, some day be done, Fickin Rome wasnt built in a day!!!!

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:18 PM »
Fishing  has been good lately at the Ballantyne Bay for Walleye and at Limestone for Northern pike, Weather is cooling off here tonight, maybe bring in some good fishing again, will keep you updated as I get more reports from the local fishermen and my friends, Keep Posted

Offline noluckjoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:25 PM »
The last time I was up at Des. was 15yrs ago and we stayed at Bloomfields camp. and he use to grade a road across the ice so you could drive over to where the walleye were. Does anyone happen to  know if they still make an iceroad over there? If they do I think I will rent a place and do a little walleye fishing.

Offline SK Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:22 AM »
I as well would like to know if there are any winter roads across Deschambault or Limestone.  I know there has been roads in the past for 3D seismic or Oil & Gas exploration (or mining??).  We have used these roads to get in a bit deeper and then head of on the sleds from there.  There was a great road across Deschambault that we used last year to get closer to some new teritory.  Any information would help and alos if anyone knows which exploration companies that are plowing these roads I would call them to ask for so info - i.e. locations and if fisherman can use these roads, thanks.

Offline SK Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:03 AM »
Thnaks for the reply - that is some great information.  We are planning to head up mid to late February.  Is the fishing any good in the west arm of Deshambault?

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:21 PM »
I think the fishing is always good in the west arm, keep in touch as I spend alot of my free time fishing and some of my friends are coming up in February and we will be going that way,and other spots. if you are looking for a place to stay just let me know and I will give you a e-mail address to get a hold of me. Likely got 6 inches of fresh snow over the past 24hrs.
Keep in touch..for more info on fishing in the north

Offline duke17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2011, 02:30 PM »
ashcol,

Appreciate your updates on the fishing around Deschambault.  We were up at the resort Dec. 27-30.  Quite windy, but the fishing was decent.  We have been going up there for 20+ years now.  We started out years ago near the Puskwakau River, then as we started using sleds, we went into the other lakes.

If you have a place to rent, I would certainly be interested in learning more about where it is and a few more details.

I am from Saskatoon.  We usually have a group of 3-5 guys and we sled into Oskikibuk, Alsmith and occasionally Brownell and Maynard.

If you're not intersted, no problem.

Thanks.

Offline duke17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 08, 2011, 01:59 PM »
ashcol,
Not allowed to send personal messages on this forum.  Maybe I am too new a member?

If you would send me another personal message with your email, I could respond with mine.

Thanks again.

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2011, 02:26 PM »
ashcol,
Not allowed to send personal messages on this forum.  Maybe I am too new a member?

If you would send me another personal message with your email, I could respond with mine.

Thanks again.

You likely need 5 posts or so to get that feature, so just make a few posts and you should be good.

Offline duke17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:57 AM »
I figured it was something like that, thanks.

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Lots of fresh snow at the deschambault lake in past little while will make trail better for awhile till gets pounded out,going out to the Ballantyne Bay tomorrow to try our luck. will report on lake conditions and the fishing tomorrow night.

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Well, here it is, walleye fishin was good and a few Northerns and a couple Perch, little more snow but still drive anywhere with 4x4, will have first hand report of the trail to Oskikbuck on monday, will post

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.