Author Topic: Northern Sask  (Read 13987 times)

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Northern Sask
« Reply #90 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Thanks for the info on the Lake conditions, Will let you know how we make out. Some nice northerns will be good..

Offline BIRCH HILLS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Perch Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Mar 03, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Hey Walleye-Militia, are you home this weekend? Still haven't heard about my sled yet. Might head up to St. Brieux, but have not heard how the bite is. Talk to you on the weekend.

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Mar 04, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Back from Devils, Yes there is lots of slush, you have got to be careful where you stop. Got in  there about 3:30 , after all arrived, Fished off the south end  of the island and did not catch that many. I caught a real nice Northern, 4 trys to get it up and the last spit and he gone, three more big bites after that, but nothing for supper. I guess the ride in and the exprience is what we will take away from it today. Tomorrow we hope for bigger things at Oskikebuk. More reports tomorrow.

>:( :-\

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Mar 06, 2011, 07:23 PM »
As the fishing seasons is slowly coming to an end, It has been a good year. Yesterdays trip to Oskikebuk Lake was another one for the memory bank. Nice to see the Kids catch fish. Couple nice Northerns to fry up for supper and a limit of Eyes. Lots of snow and the trail is rough but nice scenery. The trip was ended by a tow for the last six miles, well I guess I got till Decemeber to get that sled going again. More updates as they come in from the North... :) :) :)

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Mar 07, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Hey Ashcol just wondering if you tried fishing deschambeaut at all?  I imagine the only way to get around there is with a sled unless Garry ploughed a road.

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Mar 07, 2011, 01:15 PM »
I will look into that and see if the road is open but last report I heard that it was open.

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Mar 19, 2011, 10:21 PM »
WOW  ,,, What A day, unbelivable weather, Walleye fishing like you have never seen, and awesome companionship, Makes for just another day of fishing in the north.  The group of 10 new friends and old friends, made our way across the big ice of  Deschambualt Lake thru the portages and to a very hot fishing hole, with great luck we returned hrs later  with story to remember for years to come.  Stay posted for new fishing adventures for the north....

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Mar 24, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Only 7 days left of fishing for another great season. There was so many wonderful memories and even more new friends on the ice. See you all next year and I will return with the most up to date info from the north. Stay tune and always enjoy fishing. As one of our new friends would say " You got to LOVE Nature"

And Colin " I am not Gay " LOL

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Mar 26, 2011, 12:54 PM »
Anyone know what the ice thickness and snow conditions are like for the narrow hills?

Going up on sunday and would like to know what we're in for, thanks in advance.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Mar 26, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Still Tons of snow. drove by yesterday. didnt check ice, snow hasnt sunk yet anyways. 

good luck

Cheers

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:02 PM »
Hows Mr.Safety doing,Hows Pelican been treating you. Almost done in the north. It was a great year of fishing, have to get together maybe next year to dip the line. Maybe see you at the mine. Take care.

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:34 PM »
Doin good. thanks for askin.   I had an instructor in Pelican for the 7 weeks so never made it up to fish.  Startin another Mine prep program in Deschaum May 1 so hoping to get there for a few days to "check on my instructor" lol and get a little spring fishin in. 
Cheers

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Sounds like you had a great year of fish.  good to hear  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.