Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2014  (Read 74078 times)

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2014
« Reply #540 on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:24 PM »
...  I'm taking mine Saturday from Wellington, from there I drive to Jonesy and Ladybugs house (check on it) and then across the lake to my bobhouse....

Jiggin, good to hear you are still at it and giving CH a chance to win - thought after your fall you might be packing it in for the season.  Hoping to make one more visit to the circus sometime in the next week or so... sounds like the ice should hold.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #541 on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Yes there is plenty of ice still on the lake.....it will be awhile before it's all gone. Wish we could fish it after April 1 on the ice.

CH has had a good season and I'd hate to ruin it for her. Still not going to give her a chance to beat me, she has to earn it.

It would be great to see or hear you out there! Bring a radio and give a holler out.

Saturday we are holding a meeting on Channel 5.5 on the lake to discuss what we are going to give the eagle for a handle. Lately we've been feeding an Osprey so we've thought it was....turns out we were wrong and most likely an immature eagle. Feeding it sucker carcasses. It's been awesome to see it swoop down and take it fairly close to us. Great to watch and the talons are amazing, can cut a sucker carcass in half with no problems. There's some footage taken here and there if someone wants to post em up.
If this Eagle wants to be a part of the Circus, it will need a handle. Keep in mind we are actually terrible giving out handles (many fails), but with all of us together we should be able to come up with something.

All that are out there are welcome to join in as always.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #542 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:08 PM »

I doubt I'll make the meeting but good luck naming the sucker scooping eagle - I am sure you'll find something. If I make it back before the 1st I'll be sure to have a radio with me... and maybe a spare sucker for the eagle!

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #543 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Yes there is plenty of ice still on the lake.....it will be awhile before it's all gone. Wish we could fish it after April 1 on the ice.

CH has had a good season and I'd hate to ruin it for her. Still not going to give her a chance to beat me, she has to earn it.

It would be great to see or hear you out there! Bring a radio and give a holler out.

Saturday we are holding a meeting on Channel 5.5 on the lake to discuss what we are going to give the eagle for a handle. Lately we've been feeding an Osprey so we've thought it was....turns out we were wrong and most likely an immature eagle. Feeding it sucker carcasses. It's been awesome to see it swoop down and take it fairly close to us. Great to watch and the talons are amazing, can cut a sucker carcass in half with no problems. There's some footage taken here and there if someone wants to post em up.
If this Eagle wants to be a part of the Circus, it will need a handle. Keep in mind we are actually terrible giving out handles (many fails), but with all of us together we should be able to come up with something.

All that are out there are welcome to join in as always.

I would like to throw a handle in the hat for the eagle, "SUKRPLUKR" @)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #544 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:37 PM »
i do have a video....still trying to learn this smahht phone...hope to have it up soon..
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #545 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:41 PM »
Good one, Riverat! I second that name.

I might try to get out for a couple of hours after work tomorrow, myself. I haven't gotten nearly as much fishing in this year as I usually do, and with the prospect of my house going on the market, I'm hanging it up on the 31st and getting all the gear put away.

I'm not sure where I'd go yet (ya never know on my magical Mystery Tour lol) but I may run into some of you guys out there.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #546 on: Mar 20, 2014, 07:15 PM »
o.k.....here is the newfound circus 2014 mascot in action.....
click image for video

ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #547 on: Mar 20, 2014, 07:25 PM »
Awesome!
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Fishfinder81

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good luck to anyone who wets a line
« Reply #548 on: Mar 21, 2014, 08:02 AM »
It does look like an immature eagle. However they r not usually that light on the belly. I have seen many eagle families from Maine to Pennsylvania and any immatures I've seen had all dark bodies. But it looks huge makes me think it is. Ill be out there Saturday off Wellington around 2:00 pm hope to see and talk to u there
Tight lines to all!

Offline Fishfinder81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #549 on: Mar 22, 2014, 10:01 AM »
Leaving for the lake momentarily. Picked up a midland two way radio, however it has 22 channels none of which are 5.5. Will we be able to connect to u guys. Also it states that i have to have an FCC license what is that about
Tight lines to all!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #550 on: Mar 22, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Picked up a midland two way radio, however it has 22 channels none of which are 5.5. Will we be able to connect to u guys. Also it states that i have to have an FCC license what is that about

You might be able to hear the conversations but won't be able to take part. They all say you need an FCC license but I haven't been arrested in 25 years.  ;)2  Motorola's would be the best option.

Offline backdraft

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #551 on: Mar 22, 2014, 03:15 PM »
What are you in for.......murder.  And you?  Grand larceny.  What about you boy?  Well, uh, I used a two way radio....without  a licence!!!!!    You sicko, what ever possessed you?  Life without parole......

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #552 on: Mar 22, 2014, 04:15 PM »
What are you in for.......murder.  And you?  Grand larceny.  What about you boy?  Well, uh, I used a two way radio....without  a licence!!!!!    You sicko, what ever possessed you?  Life without parole......
Aye! To the plank with ya!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #553 on: Mar 22, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Aye! To the plank with ya!

"No, really, next time I'll get the license"

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #554 on: Mar 22, 2014, 07:25 PM »
03/22/2014

Got up real early so we could take our time getting set up.

Travel conditions on the lake for a snowmobile were ideal. No problem for wheelers. Overcast, snowed and then some moments of sun.

Slow day for fishing. Psycho's crew did well today with each of the four of them catching a laker.
Tippin controlled the board I believe then I heard something about Bearbait with 3 or so. Not sure who controlled it, I know it wasnt me.
Laker Taker went home with a Skunk. He said his brother Slimey was bad luck.

We had our 5.5 meeting today in trying to give the "bird" a handle. In usual Circus fashion, We really didn't get anywhere.
We're still in query about what kind of bird it actually is.
Some things we know:
We know it's a bird. 
That's as far as we got. Either an Osprey or Immature Eagle. We spent most of the meeting trying to decide how to tell what it is. Nothing that is viable.
Some handles that came up as suggestions:
Steve
Ospagle
Sprigle
EagleSpray
Dinner

Again, another fail.

I ended the day with only 1 laker. Without thinking, I had a hit on my jig stick and ended up setting the hook with my right arm, then realized my shoulder still isn't quite right yet. I got the laker but I looked like a T-Rex dinosaur bringing it up with short  arms. Took FOREVER bringing it up from only 40 fow.
Vicodins after that.

CH got nothing today so that puts me 1 ahead of her for the season. My Ka-hoona's have returned! I am man again.

Going to bed now.....I hurt.

Owwwwww.....

A look across the lake

Sunrise....

Sunrise....

Offline Fishfinder81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #555 on: Mar 23, 2014, 05:03 AM »
Well thats true i could hear you guys fine. Why couldn't I hear u guys kind of stupid?
Tight lines to all!

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #556 on: Mar 23, 2014, 05:24 AM »
 Cool pic of the Laker with all that reel pretty fish candy hangin behind it !! You guys sound like you may have waaaaaaay to much fun up there on your circus lake !!   :woot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #557 on: Mar 23, 2014, 08:48 AM »
Some days you gotta throw everything at em....some days you dont.

03/23/2014

Didn't make it out there today....think I threw my arm at em yesterday.

Offline Fishfinder81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #558 on: Mar 23, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Well wish I could have transmitted to guys out there. Wish I knew why i couldn't, but it was fun listening to you for awhile. We didnt have a very successful trip only one cusk not big. And nothin on the jig or the tipups:( oh well that's why it s called fishing and not catching. Good luck to all
Tight lines to all!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #559 on: Mar 23, 2014, 12:26 PM »
Friday night I got something scratched off my bucket list, although I can't wait to do it again!

I finally stayed overnight in a bobhouse! And I finally caught a fish, to boot! I caught an 18" cusk at stupid o'clock (one of my daughter's sayings). I was up till 5:30 when I finally settled in for a nap, and woke back up at 8. Bummer, because I was hoping to catch Jiggin just getting on to the lake to surprise him...."What? Guinea is on a lake earlier than me? The end is near! It has frozen over!"

Here I am in my jammies the next morning, holding dinner. I jigged in my jammies! I've always wanted to do that.  :)

And now I have resigned as President of the Skunk Club. Motorola Slayer's dad (who I just call Dad, so good handle if it's free?)has taken my place.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #560 on: Mar 23, 2014, 05:52 PM »
Friday night I got something scratched off my bucket list, although I can't wait to do it again!

I finally stayed overnight in a bobhouse! And I finally caught a fish, to boot! I caught an 18" cusk at stupid o'clock (one of my daughter's sayings). I was up till 5:30 when I finally settled in for a nap, and woke back up at 8. Bummer, because I was hoping to catch Jiggin just getting on to the lake to surprise him...."What? Guinea is on a lake earlier than me? The end is near! It has frozen over!"

Here I am in my jammies the next morning, holding dinner. I jigged in my jammies! I've always wanted to do that.  :) @) :tipup:

And now I have resigned as President of the Skunk Club. Motorola Slayer's dad (who I just call Dad, so good handle if it's free?)has taken my place.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #561 on: Mar 23, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Nice Job Guinea! Proud of you as always plus that's a sexy morning pose with that cusk....

It's always fun sleeping out in a bobhouse. Not having to get set up in the morning, rolling outta bed and your fishing. Laying around or fishing in your jammies instead of your heavy clothes.....I really enjoy it too.

Congrats on your cusk, breaking your skunk streak and crossing another item off your bucket list.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #562 on: Mar 24, 2014, 05:24 AM »
I had a great day fishing there sat for my first time lake trout jigging...post here with lots of pics:) might be coming back this saturday morning!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=290381.0

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #563 on: Mar 24, 2014, 06:13 AM »
Congrats to you and your buddy!

Newfound is a fun lake. Glad your first time out and first experience was successful....got ya hooked now. Welcome to the club.

Next time bring a radio with you, go to channel 5.5 and holler out to the rest of the Circus.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #564 on: Mar 24, 2014, 07:08 AM »

Here I am in my jammies the next morning, holding dinner. I jigged in my jammies! I've always wanted to do that.  :)

That is a picture for the ages. Nice cusk. I jigged in my jammies a few times when I was younger.   :unsure:

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #565 on: Mar 24, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Guinea and you wonder why I stalk you

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #566 on: Mar 24, 2014, 08:17 PM »
It must be the provocative clothes, Art.  ;)

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #567 on: Mar 26, 2014, 04:31 PM »
It's the eyes...  :o

Those are "bob house" eyes, Stephanie.  :) ;)

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #568 on: Mar 26, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Those are "bob house" eyes, Stephanie.  :) ;)

I've been trying real hard not to comment about this but that's funny.  >:D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #569 on: Mar 26, 2014, 05:12 PM »

Come hither young fisherman....for I have Cusk for you.... *batting eyelashes*

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.