The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: what make you mad the most on ice. (a place to vent)  (Read 7133 times)

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well i was out yeaster day and was next to two guys that left thier dip or " chewing tabaco"  right on the ice that they spit out.   that and the guy throwing dink fish like 4-5 inch tail to lip fish on the ice to keep and eat. if i was going to keep them i would go for a 10-12 inch gills. there in the lake cought them before. if the lake was not that public  i would not say any thing but it is a public lake.  any ways they shold know to pick up the trash and most of all the 60-80 year old guy keepping those small gills you know you old enought to know better. :o   any ways i will let you michigan guys vent a little any ways best of luck to you guys that pick up your trash etc...and best of luck to those that help out pick up the others trash. 

Offline Boots

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: what make you mad the most on ice. (a place to vent)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:13 AM »
Trash on the Ice ! and 3-4 perch left on the ice..

FRESHBAIT

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:26 AM »
This will be my first year fishing in Michigan.  So I have yet to experience how it is on the ice here, but back home its the guy that shows up at 10am and wants to drill in the middle if my spread, when I've been there since before sun up.  Also snowmobiles using my tip ups as there slalom course,  trash on the ice.   

One promise I'll make for Michigan is to not throw my yellow perch on the ice,  in Maine we consider them trash fish and eagle food.With no size and bag limits there, no matter how many dink perch we throw on the ice they never seem to get Much bigger than 8",  although a few I've seen up to 14" but those are very scarce.   I'll toss them back down the hole here in Michigan.

Offline IceBucky

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • DONT SETTLE FIND THE FISH
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:31 AM »
ther is nothing wrong to keep 4 to 5 inch if your gonna cleen and eat them. more power too him

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:33 AM »
Trash left on the ice is my number one complaint! If you bring it out there, take it back with you. We can all picture what their homes must look like.

Offline KURT SCHELL

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My wife say's I tune out even the little voices.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:36 AM »
throwing trash, my ultimate  pet pev.  I would love to send those people to Siberia!
PLEASE NO DISTRACTIONS, FISHING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Offline carpslayer93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:37 AM »
Trash and the peeps who see ya catching fish and come spud holes around ya!!
Tight lines...fish on!!

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I would have waited.......
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:43 AM »
Trash for sure.

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Trash is always a big one. Had some big problems on Gull with it last year. I started keeping a black trash bag in my sled.

It also ticks me off when I drill a dozen holes or so and its pretty obvious that Im hole hoping between them and someone decides they want to plop there bucket down and sit in the middle of them when the whole lake is open.

I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline Machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2013, 10:12 AM »
 :'( Leaving anything on the ice other than tracks is my pet pieve. I am a big enough guy to tell anyone to pick their garbage up. And by the way I am not that big. I also will pick up garbage that others leave.  We are blessed to live and fish in Michigan. Pick your garbage up.]
Life is tough, Its tougher when you're stupid

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2013, 10:27 AM »
ther is nothing wrong to keep 4 to 5 inch if your gonna cleen and eat them. more power too him
you got that right and some guys that all some guys can catch and they want to eat fish nothing wrong with that.Also better to keep smaller ones and let bigger ones go to spawn.I imagine your talking redears for 10 -12 inches as not too many lakes in Michigan you can catch a straight out bluegill 12 inches long.But I do hate trash,people throwing little ones on the ice and leaving the and abig one is to be only guy on ice and you;ve drilled a few holes in an area and someone comes right out to your area and starts using holes you just augered without augering one hole himself.I know their not anyones holes but at least start out augering your own hole.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2013, 10:53 AM »
Hate: just trash and wasting small fish on the ice or just plane teaching bad ethics to the youngins

Like: Others to come over and fish near me and BS with them (enough fish for everyone) and family's and kids having fun, be it dad or any family..........I just saw a mom out on the ice with her daughter and grandma with no dad for what ever reason

Offline mud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2013, 10:55 AM »
trash and the 2-3 idiots who drink 12 pack by 9 am and cant say two words without droppint the f-bomb. it's ok if you keep it in the shanty but these belligerent fools have to yell it across the lake.  :cookoo:

Offline pikefishmen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2013, 10:59 AM »
bing to far form there tip ups. and not checking there tip up for hours with flag up.

Offline JES_934

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Trash, trash, trash!!!! Can't stand it. I'll pick up any trash I see (to an extent) but not without a curse under my breathe for those that left it.
Fish On!!!!

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Trash,foulmouthed idiots,and people smoking weed.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline tippy269

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Trash both on lake and parkinglots
a trash dumper just feet away and they thow it on ground.
dogs running all around..keep a eye on your dog if you bring one along..

Offline marblemike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:26 AM »
Trash and everything Higgins and Mud said also

Offline pzoch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Anyone who doesnt realise all the lakes are for my private use only!!!lol
The litterers,fouls mouths and space invaders.also people who can't handle their
buzz.

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:39 AM »
greedy people who think they should have twenty five acres of holes and tipups all over to keep people away. garbage is what wardens should be going after. make it a one thousand dollar fine and five year loss of license. wasting of any fish anywhere by throwing on ice or shore should be the same. want not waste not. shame the cheaters and garbage throwers with names in the news papers and cleaning sidewalks for the the elderly and the community with orange tee shirts or vests saying in big letters what your crime was. if you shame people they will most likely change. state speed limits for all vehicles on the ice and handheld radar for all law enforcement off fish and game.

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:54 AM »
On lk neppesing, last year, end of season, I found a whole junk pile of stuff left. 2 barbecues, a smoker, and even a floor jack along of course with pretzel bags, lp tanks and blocks of wood. I think they went out, took down their litlle village, and left all their junk. I filled my sled up with crap,  and walked to the landing. Very hard to regulate stupid

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:56 AM »
  Trash, but especially cigarette butts.  I'm a smoker and smoke on the ice, it's not hard to put them out and into the tub of a flip over shanty or in a pop bottle.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #22 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:12 PM »
well i was out yeaster day and was next to two guys that left thier dip or " chewing tabaco"  right on the ice that they spit out.   that and the guy throwing dink fish like 4-5 inch tail to lip fish on the ice to keep and eat. if i was going to keep them i would go for a 10-12 inch gills. there in the lake cought them before. if the lake was not that public  i would not say any thing but it is a public lake.  any ways they shold know to pick up the trash and most of all the 60-80 year old guy keepping those small gills you know you old enought to know better. :o   any ways i will let you michigan guys vent a little any ways best of luck to you guys that pick up your trash etc...and best of luck to those that help out pick up the others trash.
I don't think chew spit or leftover chew is a big deal. I chew, not often but usually do so when icefishing and spit on the ice. Is it gross? Yeah but it's no different than someone urinating on the ice. It's better than finding bottles full of spit. Because then I end up having to pick them up. As far as keeping dinks, go for it. That's just one less dink for me to catch! Lol. If they are to be eaten, it's no big deal. There is no size limit on panfish. But I would hafta say trash is by far the biggest pet peeve of mine. And guys that remain silent and don't even acknowledge you when you ask them how the fish are biting.  I can understand some people don't like giving up all their secrets but come on communicate at least and say even a single word to let me know you aren"t dead!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
« Reply #23 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:59 PM »
Slobs take the cake on what I hate... With less n less access spots around got to keep it clean

I also hate power augers doing 100 holes in a small canal or small area.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2013, 01:05 PM »
Slobs take the cake on what I hate... With less n less access spots around got to keep it clean

I also hate power augers doing 100 holes in a small canal or small area.
How about power augers on 3 inches of ice? More work in starting the darn thing than if you just drilled a hole with a hand auger.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline wilsonmi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 01, 2013, 01:10 PM »
Trash! butts on the ice included!  Swearing when there are kids out there.  Unfriendly people,  braggers, People that tell you that tires have been slashed around here lately when they haven't seen you before and don't want you fishing "their" lake.

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #26 on: Jan 01, 2013, 01:17 PM »
Non hole drilling mooches, people who believe they are entitled to a specific area and all others should just fish the shoreline.  Not to mention the trash oh how the shoreline just glistens with the morning sunlight reflecting off the myriad of spent bags of combos and slim jims.  I'm looking for fish just like the next guy well guess what if my search of the lake leads me near you all I can say is "Hi Diddly Ho Neighbor"as I drill my next hole.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline furg79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:08 PM »
Trespassers on a private lake!

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
« Reply #28 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:44 PM »
How about power augers on 3 inches of ice? More work in starting the darn thing than if you just drilled a hole with a hand auger.
That's awesome I got a buddy who does that he actually fell through the ice with it, it was that thin. He also brought a gallon of gas with him lol like the full tank on the auger is not enough

Offline bandit1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:45 PM »
snowmobiles buzzing  by  my tip-ups at 100mph
I'm goin where the water tastes like wine,,,,,,   

don't tell me this town aint got no heart.....ya just gotta poke around........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.