Author Topic: when you went ice fishing what went down the hole that wasnt supposed to !!  (Read 4573 times)

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
 well 1st  ofF my police scanner was in water it didnt go far I grabed it before it went far  but had to dry it out .!!
# 2    my underwater cams battary  went in  also  my sons  buddy had his cell phone drop into the hole as he bent over  today   in another state

so you see S#### happens  also  when your haveing fun
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
thanks DUDE  >:( >:( >:(

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
my pole last winter,my pliers for removing hooks and my lighter this year

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
thanks keny      the other guy was  a smartallick  it also was reworded the topic
 ^& so on rookie  teeing me off \

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Just this week the kids dropped two skimmers down the hole.My Buddy lost his prized  surgical clamps.they were 10'' long.awesome for hook removal

walleye_master90

My friend lost his jacknife and i lost my pole holder down the hole! :(

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
This year: 1 skimmer and 1 flashlight.

Last Year: Vex battery, flashlight

2 years ago: glasses

The guys constantly harrass me about losing things down the hole.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline numbtoes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • numbtoes
Today I bent over the hole to pick up a fish and my old Jon-e handwarmer slid out of its red cover in my shirt pocket and went down the hole. I can still see that shiny thing slowly sinking. I had grown attached to that old thing, just not attached enough I guess.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
Well, usually when icefishing I haven't lost anything but fish down the hole. But one time in the gunnison river gorge, our friend jim lost his glasses in the water (very clear water, but extremely thick weeds, so impossible to see) it was late july but the water temp in the gorge is always low-mid 40's F. Here is the picture, he didn't find his glasses this time, but when we did a float almost a month later he found them!

Well, I can't find the picture at the moment but when I find it, I will post it!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

MikeThePike

Big fish & my sanity.....wait....los t that a long time ago... ;D

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lost my glasses down the hole ....About an hour later I saw them in my Aqua-view..Oh Well .

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
The fish I just caught.
I didn't even get a chance to kiss it good by  :-[  (as I reached down the hole up to my armpit after it).  :'(

-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline hardysf

• Team IceShanty Regular
i lost my leatherman a 70 dollar tool down the hole/drain

Offline mikeyk101

• IceShanty Rookie
  • not a big one but at least i got a fish
2 years ago we were out spearing with no luck but instead of going home we decided to stay and fish for walleyes the rest of the night however the shanty next to us also had no luck so they decided to move the shack before they went home so it would be ready for the next morning.  so there was a 2foot by 8 foot hole cut out of the ice well first flag of the night my buddy takes off running out of the shack and i guess he thought it would be easier to swim to the flag than run and right in the hole he went.  now if that wasn't enough about 40 minutes later we see a truck barreling across the ice right twords our shack the next thing we know water explodes out of our hole flooding our shack and soaking the guy that just dried off from his recent swim we run out of the shack to see what the heck happened and sure enough a kid put the front tires of his dads new truck right in the hole if that wasn't bad enough when we got back to our shack with a wrecker for the kid the truck was gone the 12 inches of ice couldn't take the slam of the truck when the front tires went threw and a 20 by 20 piece broke loose under the truck and she sank like a cell phone.  and if that wasn't enough when we went back into our shack to dry things off there were 2 sturgeons swimming under our hole the headlights of the sunk truck were lighting up the water under our shack. the lights on that truck stayed on for almost 2 hours i couldn't believe it.  I'll try to find the pics i got of them pulling it out and post them.
the a bad day of ice fishing is better that a good day at work

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
brand new 5'' swedish pimple had just added the yellow flipper and changed the crappy treble over to a blood red single hook ,was hooking it on my swivel and dropped it.it took one bounce and landed right in the hole!! :'(

FishTrapr

Several years ago, before I got my Jiffy ice auger and went hard core about ice fishing, I was chopping holes the old fashioned way with an ice spud.  I was a volunteer Big Brother at the time and it was an outing to take my new 'little brother' ice fishing.
  After a long walk to get out to the fishing spot, wading through several feet of snow, he wanted to start chiseling holes, as I set up the shelter.  I forgot to tell him to use the wrist loop, and the second he punched through the spud went in... 80ft of water, goodbye! 
  He was so embarrassed, and thought I was going to get mad, but it was an accident so I just laughed about it.  We had no other means of getting a hole through the ice so had no choice but to pack up and trudge back home.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Lost my glasses down the hole ....About an hour later I saw them in my Aqua-view..Oh Well .

How do you know you saw them on the Aqua-View?  After all, you couldn't see without them on. One of the great conundrims of mankind.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Lost alot of fish and a pair of pliers.  Haven't lost anything of much value yet.  Im sure I will sooner or later ;D

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
Hmm, let's see... 3 adjustable wrenches (for the propane tank), 1 pair of sunglasses, and a Mag lite..
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline tinboat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishing rules!
Gregg

MikeThePike

Just finished drying out my cell phone from when I fell in & its shot. So I dropped me down a hole & lost a cell phone, well sorta.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
I lost my gerber knife, and my cellphone, and a nice walleye today :-\
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
I lost my gerber knife, and my cellphone, and a nice walleye today :-\

Sounds like we could rename this topic "The Ones That Got Away" 

-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline ice-chaser

• IceShanty Rookie
wedding band went down the hole once hand got cold and ring went bye bye :o :o
True ice fisherman start preparing in July LOL!!!

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac

That's not a good sign!  I'll bet she was happy about that.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
A couple of weeks ago I lost an antique ice rod with a baitcasting reel. I had it in the rod holder with a minnow on. I went to check my tipups, and then I ended up walking over to talk to a few guys. When I came back, the rod holder was there but the rod was gone.

Basshuntah

my mind ??? and a few tokin' utensils ;D

Offline ice-chaser

• IceShanty Rookie

That's not a good sign!  I'll bet she was happy about that.
Made me sleep in the back of the truck for days :o :ogood thing it has a cap and I carry a warm sleeping bag in it ;) ;) she got over it but wont let me wear the new one on the ice :pinch: :roflmao: :roflmao:
True ice fisherman start preparing in July LOL!!!

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
well I seem to be loosing depth finders as quick as I can buy them this year.    Think I have lost at leaste 4 so far.   
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.