Author Topic: when you went ice fishing what went down the hole that wasnt supposed to !!  (Read 4574 times)

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
I once kicked a $50 Gerber Multi - Tool down the hole while ice fishing for lakers. I also often lose the wingnuts to my windlass tip up. Once even left an ice rod, a cheap one, on the ice. Alas, it had a $50 Daiwa baitcast reel on it. Terrible, terrible. I was so mad at myself.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
I am forever droping stuff down holes. A  $250 pair of sun glasses diveing down a hole for a rainbow that came unhooked...about 8-10 pliers  a million sounders, jigs, tape meashures....I just get too darn excited about the fish that I say to hell with anything else!
Anthony

billybono

thermos top >:( >:( >:( doh!

billybono

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
Dad dropped his flashlight down the hole in 6' of water awhile back..     I said, "is it still on?"    wrong thing to say....    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
my leg up to my hip ouch :'( skimmers, knives ,depth sounders three hundred or so, pliers, hemo stats ,spoons, forks, the only thing i think i havent lost is me ! and i came close to that a few times  :o
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
First time i took my daughter 5 yrs old and out for here first this year and her foot goes into a hole that she was playing with the slush and slipped and her whole leg went in. If it would have been a 10" hole she probably would have fell in. She would have been the only real valuable and only object that i would have lost. So guys with the the big augers be careful.

Offline fishergurl13

• IceShanty Rookie
First time i took my daughter 5 yrs old and out for here first this year and her foot goes into a hole that she was playing with the slush and slipped and her whole leg went in. If it would have been a 10" hole she probably would have fell in. She would have been the only real valuable and only object that i would have lost. So guys with the the big augers be careful.

I did that when I was little, and not too long ago my dad fell on top of the hole and got his ass all wet and lost his cigarettes. Other than that, I've dropped my sunglasses bending over to grab a fish.
Fishergurl13

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
A while back I was re-opening holes with a large ax. I laid it beside the hole, but bumped it and she went down. The water was shallow enough to see it clearly. It has landed ax head up. I went back to the truck and fastened myself a make shift noose, I was able to slide the rope around the head and bring it back up. :D
 I have also been changing lures over the hole and lost 2 that way, wish I had a magnet at the time could have got them back. :-\

Water Wolf

Offline saltyshores

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Was fishing for saltwater smelts last week, I had a single-burner Coleman stove going in my portable shack making coffee in an old copper-bottomed Revereware coffee pot. When I leaned ahead toward the window slit for enouigh light to see how much coffee I had poured in my cup, the glass percolator top went "Plop" down the hole. Wow, with everyone switching to Mr. Coffee makers, there aren't many replacement glass tops for percolators anymore, so thought I was doomed. But a Google search yielded one that fits all sizes of percolator tops, so now I am back in business! (Glad it wasn't a cell  phone!)  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.