New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Silver Lake BS Thread  (Read 19801 times)

Offline duane370

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishing on the rocks please!
Re: Silver Lake BS Thread
« Reply #120 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Ice_Monkey. Where can I go without driving 3 or 4 hours? Silver is still 1.5 from me. I know guys are fishing red house and other smaller ponds but the bite is very slow or there only getting dinks.  ???
Ice hut in the Winter, Bass boat in the summer
 :icefish:
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                 
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #121 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:34 PM »
You say avon should get out and check the ice they were I was out there everyday last week and someone from avon was there almost everyday checking.  They knew how much ice was there for themselves,  the rest of us were just posting about conditions and if a fellow I.s. member asked about the tournament I simply answered them. Avon anglers had no part in using I.s. for their tourney.  I think its b.s. that a local club who is just trying to promote ice fishing gets bashed on here.  They are one of the very few clubs who do tourneys in the summer and winter around here.  I support avon anglers over I.s. ANYDAY. Let me guess this post will be deleted simply because the mods don't agree with me, but I know alot of guys around here agree with me.

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Ice_Monkey. Where can I go without driving 3 or 4 hours? Silver is still 1.5 from me. I know guys are fishing red house and other smaller ponds but the bite is very slow or there only getting dinks.  ???
I read that sodus bay had ice. Not sure how far down 104 that is from you though. The bite got slow on silver too, all over around here for that matter. Silver has been slammed this year. From what I have read this last week the ice there wasnt in good condition with older holes getting much bigger, a couple guys going through to the knee then a tourney today. I for one hope the avon bunch go to honeoye next weekend and give the silver lady a chance to lock back up.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:23 PM »
Guys, Is this a Silver Lake BS thread or just another vent thread? 
We do the best we can to keep everything going smooth around here. Sorry if everyone doesn't always agree with everything that happens.
It is what it is. We're all here for the same reasons. We love to fish. Go fish and layoff Coldfeet. He loves to fish too. Remember?  ???
He didn't wake up in the morning trying to devise a plan to tick off a bunch of people on IS.
Please don't come at me for this post. I'm just trying to keep things smooth.  @) That's what I agreed to do when I volunteered to help moderate. Same as Coldfeet.
For the love of fishing and this corny site we love so much. Can we move it on back to fishing? Please?
Sorry this all screwed up you Avon cats. Hope we can move on from here. Do any of you guys have cameras? Let's see some pics and make this a legit BS thread. Iceshanty style  @).
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:22 AM »
I fished there today. Ice was 3in at best and the bite was slow for most of the late morning. Caught 5 perch in the 8in range at first light. Hope that helps.
That doesn't sound like BS to me..........take it to the R&C board. 

So if I haven't posted in that thread, that means I don't read it? Not sure what your point is.
If you made three redundant posts and then asked for conditions without reading the previous page you'd be in.............. ;)

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Feb 05, 2012, 04:47 AM »
ice is not for the faint of heart off macks but it's holding on for now.  this spot has slowed waaaaaay down from 2 weeks ago.  the price to be paid for being the only fishable spot in the region.  good group of guys out there fishing today and i was intrigued by the amish on the ice.  haven't seen that before...

Seeing the Amish. On the ice isn't always a good thing lots of them can't count or own a tape measure, anything and everything goes in the bucket.  Just talking from what I personally have seen.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:28 AM »

Seeing the Amish. On the ice isn't always a good thing lots of them can't count or own a tape measure, anything and everything goes in the bucket.  Just talking from what I personally have seen.
That's another topic that goes south quick around here.

Offline Hillier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:17 AM »
What happened to the post from one of our volunteer mods that stated (iceshant.com was a busines that is trying to make money)???? I just read it an hour ago and now that I have time to work with it,  its gone.

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #128 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:17 PM »
Wow!!!!!!  After spending 2 yrs on this site and laughing at all the B.S.,  I CANT WAIT TILL OPEN WATER!!!!! THIS SITE HAS TURNED INTO CHILDISH GAMES!!!!!  WHAT A JOKE>>>>    by the way guys there are other forums besides iceshanty that are just as informative and less dramatic.... google them up!!!!
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #129 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Fished from macks, ice 2-4 inches.  Slow day. Caught maybe 20 gills no size to them.  Ice was making noises the whole time.  Ramp at macks ok with the planks. im gonna wait a while till I go back.

Offline hwfoa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:01 PM »
it would be nice if the reports and conditions were open i dont care if people talk about how good or bad the fishing is or what thy areusing i consider that a report?!?! and i think ice shanty would suck if all the post wer ice 4 inches planks on shore
ice 2-6 inches
ice 6 -7 inches
ice unsafe
that would just be boring i think cold_feet should lay off and not act like this i feel like ita a joke!
JIG PAUSE JIGG JIGGG PAUSE

Offline hard4ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #131 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:22 PM »

You never even posted on the lake in question!
he hasn't ice fished this season yet so how can he post a report on R&C page if he cant report anything?? that being said, he WAS following the rules.  it's been hard to get out due to crazy weather.......
When hell freezes over, i'll be ice fishing there too!!

Offline coldtoekid85

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't ask me I'm just the kicker
« Reply #132 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:32 PM »
it would be nice if the reports and conditions were open i dont care if people talk about how good or bad the fishing is or what thy areusing i consider that a report?!?! and i think ice shanty would suck if all the post wer ice 4 inches planks on shore
ice 2-6 inches
ice 6 -7 inches
ice unsafe
that would just be boring i think cold_feet should lay off and not act like this i feel like ita a joke!

if you read all the posts that most of the guys put on these threads you would get annoyed too. coldfeet is not doing anything in an attempt to punish all  members or to annoy anyone. but if you really think about it. it is called reports and conditions. there is nothing wrong with posting about how you did but general chit chat is meant for bs threads. i have to laugh at how silly people make themselves look on this site... why would you write a post saying "hows the ice?" when there is a report in the post right before yours saying exactly how the ice is.... its called reading. also try using some common sense. its 40-50 degrees outside, as a reasonable thinking human being i would know that these temperatures are not below freezing and odds are the ice conditions are not good or diminishing due to the rain and temps we have had this year. why do you need to ask? take a drive??? isnt that what we did before we had the internet???
the real problem is the 500 people who post one after another asking how the ice is on silver and every other lake for that matter. as i stated before if you read a couple posts back you will see exactly what the conditions are. dont just jump on and ask dumb questions. everyone who is a member on this site whether you are a moderator or just another guy like me is fans of fishing. noone would be here if we werent and of course everyone is disappointed we cant get out and fish like we want to this year. but getting pissy about it and acting like a child just makes you look like a fool and gives the moderators more of a reason to remove your posts. they have a job to do and thats to make sure that things arent offensive on the site. sorry to break it to everyone but its why they are here. so calm down, read, and think about things before your happy little fingers start hitting the keys on your computer/ phone

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #133 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:35 PM »
^ Nice Post!  Good for you!

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Offline hard4ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:52 PM »
well said 'coldtoe'.  i hated that too when people ask 'how's the ice' when conditions were JUST posted before. i asked about water clarity (since no one was posting it) and thats it. and i dont like when people post partial reports like "went today out of state launch, got my limit" or "got gills and crappie" and that's it. well, good for you. i get my limit too. jesus

When hell freezes over, i'll be ice fishing there too!!

Offline coldtoekid85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #135 on: Feb 05, 2012, 02:01 PM »
ice 2-6 inches
ice 6 -7 inches
ice unsafe

you may not care if people post how they did but many other anglers do. the reason for the rules on the r&c pages is because MEMBERS had problems with going through 100 pointless posts trying to find one report on how the ice conditions were. personally i dont need to know how any other angler did, i just want to know if the ice is safe and maybe how water clarity is and there are plenty of other guys who agree. i fish my own way in my own areas and many other anglers wont catch fish when i am or vice versa. if you want to post about how your catch was and how many big ones and little ones you got. or how many beers you drank leave that to the bs thread. i only want r & c board for simply that reports and conditions.

well said 'coldtoe'.  i hated that too when people ask 'how's the ice' when conditions were JUST posted before. i asked about water clarity (since no one was posting it) and thats it. and i dont like when people post partial reports like "went today out of state launch, got my limit" or "got gills and crappie" and that's it. well, good for you. i get my limit too. jesus
totally agreed ice. if i want to know how guys are doing i will ask. otherwise i want to know if its worth driving an hour and a half to go fishing. but on a year like this i know for myself that its not safe and a few fish isnt worth either my life, my equipment or even just a wet foot after a long drive.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #136 on: Feb 05, 2012, 02:21 PM »
If you want to know what it was like before the R&C boards were created, go to the sanypond BS thread and try to find a post tell you what the current thickness is.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline tkeya49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #137 on: Feb 05, 2012, 02:55 PM »
ice 2-6 inches
ice 6 -7 inches
ice unsafe

I can't agree more!  Personally they aren't thinking about how there making fishing less safe for us that rely on those pages for ice reports.... Now we have to wait and fall in!  I think that the majority of people that really use this site just skim through that other crap and find what they need... The moderators jumped the gun on stupid reasons.... Seriously, thank them for placing our lives in mired danger for not being able to get (what I saw) a majority of ice reports... Not bs reports.  Love this site but seriously mods....

Offline tkeya49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #138 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:00 PM »
take a drive??? isnt that what we did before we had the internet

- but we do have it ... Why not use it and save money... Sounds better to me!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #139 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:04 PM »
I can't agree more!  Personally they aren't thinking about how there making fishing less safe for us that rely on those pages for ice reports.... Now we have to wait and fall in!  I think that the majority of people that really use this site just skim through that other crap and find what they need... The moderators jumped the gun on stupid reasons.... Seriously, thank them for placing our lives in mired danger for not being able to get (what I saw) a majority of ice reports... Not bs reports.  Love this site but seriously mods....

If you rely solely on what is said on here as far as icethickness, then you are taking your own life in your hands....Always check the thickness yourself when you get there.  Worse yet, we have unfortunately had amember on here posting false info on icethickness earlier this winter that we had to delete beause it would have killed someone if they tried to walk out on that body of water.   

Now that has been said, quit all your whining and go fish.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #140 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:21 PM »
hey heres a novel idea. lets all shut up and fish...  fished today out of macks. planks still in place, but shore ice is firming up. ice measured 4 inches of clear hard ice.  bring the creepers so you don't go on your butt. on the ice by 730a.  set up along the weededge in 12-15fow with tipups and shiners.  we landed 5 northerns 3 LMB and a mixed bag of panfish.  panfish bite was slower for us than it was last week.  my best luck came on a northland mudbug in firetiger with ONE spike on it.  waxies didn't get a sniff. one of my partners Fisher Pol had good luck on a gold fiskas and a red jig (didn't tell me what brand).  water is clear, could sight fish top to bottom.  the northern bite was slow but steady all day. seemed to come closer to the weedline.  off the ice around 130pm headed home to watch the superbowl.  there were people all along the shore by macks and the state launch.  some people ventured out deeper but there is open water just to the north in the middle...use caution.

Offline coldtoekid85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #141 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:26 PM »
Yes we do have internet but personally if you really believe all the things people post online you are taking a pretty big gamble with your own life.  Which by all means if that's what you want to do then be my guest but the moderators didn't put your life at risk. By you making a decision of your own you have put your own life at risk. If I was to post right now that all the ice was 12 inches or better on every lake in ny and you believed me then that is your own thought process. As I said in a previous post if you cant put 2 and 2 together and know that the weather sucks and the ice is unsafe then I don't even understand why you would bother reading the posts. It is simple common sense. Its exhausting reading the posts and mentallity of people on this site. Don't blame other people for your own mistakes or stupidity or whatever the case may be. Think for a change, use the brain god gave you andmake your own conclusions. Don't blame the moderators for doing their job. Thank the mindless people who share this site with you for the rules and regulations that our mods have to work with.

Offline jekross42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:33 PM »
the lack of ice really is getting everyone riled up. Silver got pounded the last week or so and the bite showed it. fished there yesterday on 3 inches pretty comfortable on hard black ice. bite was slow but sight fishing if they were down there you could switch up colors or bait (Waxies vs. Spikes) and get them to hit. good luck everyone and if you go carry your picks and have a friend with you is all i can say.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #143 on: Feb 05, 2012, 04:39 PM »
An actual report...what do you know..

Thought this was Facebook the way you girls are whining.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #144 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:13 PM »

I read this post a hundred times and not once can I figure out how Ice Shanty.com puts your life at risk and if you want to go deeper how I put your life at risk by locking a topic. Has the human race become so inept of thinking on its own or are we becoming so trustful of others that we truly believe everything we hear.  I sit here reading these posts and become worried for the human race in general that we do not think for ourselves we follow others and believe everything we read. After the thread all are complaining about was locked NOT ONE guy here started a NEW Silver Lake reports section in NY general did they?? All that was done is complain. Like normal Jump on the band wagon join the lynch mob string up the Mod! Its all his fault. 10 min later 10 emails of the guys are swearing the guys are BS too much in R&C . Which way you want it? You all want your cake and eat it too. Guys PMing me with life threatening PMs? All because YOU USERS can not even think to put up a new thread. WOW. Now its all our fault if some guy might drown because he couldn't get a up to date report of ice conditions on a Internet site? Are you really serious with a statement like that? If so, Maybe the end of the world can not come fast enough.

To all those who gave me a pat on the back for keeping this site clear of garbage and crap (and there were plenty of them) I want to thank you. You are the reasons we go through this BS from the other thankless members. TO all the other NY Mods thanks again it wasn't easy it never is and for a lot of members here a thankless job. Funny how those same guys who do nothing but complain cuss us out and threaten our lives always come crawling back to get back on here.

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #145 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:47 PM »
  Life threatening PM's equal terroristic threats. That's usually punished by jail time. And you have the proof,the pm, their screen name,
ip address and member info. I guess you really cant fix stupid. Keep up the great work Cold Feet and all you other mods.
Jim K.

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #146 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Was out of the state launch today from just before noon to just before dark.   Ice was 4" with 3 1/2" blackish ice.  I'm not calling it good hard black ice because it wasn't.  Fair amount of air in it.  The bite was very slow and steady.  Caught 50 or 60 gills but only 15 that made the bucket.  The water was pretty clear, I was able to sight fish without the shanty flipped over (which means I was catching pretty high, eh?   lol)

Many guys when I got there and I was the second to last to walk off.  The plank was not needed when walking off, which was very surprising.  Upper 40's tomorrow, be careful.   

As far as open water, from Tuckers north and about halfway across was all open.  There was several football fields worth of open water from the pines to the Buffalo Point area.  Also two small patches, one in front of the Y camp and the other on the other side of the lake in front of that little ramp at the campground both in deeper water.   Watch those areas if/when she freezes back up again.
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #147 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:11 PM »
Thank you for the report wnybassman.
Hope to not offend, but post is helpful to the site.
Further posts on this thread tonight may not be. I'd hate to see a good post get lost in all the nonsense.
I think it's best if I lock this one up for the night. Go watch some football, drink, eat. We'll see you guys' tomorrow.

Offline big and toothy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #148 on: Feb 06, 2012, 01:39 PM »
OK here is a great idea. on the R&C Thread Lets all just post reports and Conditions. And on the Bs Thread talk about anything else. And if we do stray on the R&C Thread, Moderaters please just write a post on there saying please stick to Reports and conditions. Just like used to be done. We all need to Stop the catiness on this site. It gets kinda old..

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #149 on: Feb 06, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Anyone out there today? I was thinking of trying tomorrow but think i might have to wait till Thursday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.