New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Silver Lake BS Thread  (Read 19780 times)

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: A place to go since moderaters locked out Silver Lake topic
« Reply #90 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:24 AM »
this will be my last report unless they unlock the site. i live on this lake and have fished it 40 years. have always tried to post up to date reports on ice to keep every one safe so here we go the ice is from 1.5" to6" depends on were you are. off macks there are many old holes that are big enough to fall in. the presser crack is unsafe stay clear. it on east side north of macks run all the way across the lake less than 2" of ice Friend want through there today one foot only. not sure how wide this spot is. would stay away from state launch side untill a good cold spell. good fishing a be safe.
Yeah, it was a bit irresponsible locking it, knowing it's the only dependable ice in the region and conditions/access are getting questionable.  Then to know there is a tournament scheduled with many from here looking to attend and asking for conditions and then lock it anyway? 

Offline PauliePiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Silver Lake BS Thread
« Reply #91 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:27 AM »
I am still here,so don't get the shovels out yet.I did send a PM to the person as well expressing my dislike to the thread being locked.I have been around long enough to know that you don't say something behind someones back you are not willing to say to their face,and since I do not know who this person is I sent them a PM.I still am of the feeling the a warning,and a brief rule explanation would have done the trick.I personally know of several fellow ice fisherman that are frustrated with conditions thus far this season,and I think that has been behind the thread running off the rails so to speak.Have a safe one out there guys and enjoy!
ICE THOSE FISH!!!

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #92 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:31 AM »
Well lets say this; Where is the guys running the tourney????????? why are they just depending on others to use this site as a weather forcaster. Why are they not out checking ice conditions and calling all participants and letting them know what the ice is????  Funny how AVON uses others instead of taking controll of the situation themselves for THEIR own tourney! I think Avon is the irresponsible ones here not Ice Shanty.

Number two This is not locked is it???? why did I only see grumbling instead of ice reports???? Same as R&C that's why it is locked!!!!!

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #93 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Well lets say this; Where is the guys running the tourney????????? why are they just depending on others to use this site as a weather forcaster. Why are they not out checking ice conditions and calling all participants and letting them know what the ice is????  Funny how AVON uses others instead of taking controll of the situation themselves for THEIR own tourney! I think Avon is the irresponsible ones here not Ice Shanty.

Number two This is not locked is it???? why did I only see grumbling instead of ice reports???? Same as R&C that's why it is locked!!!!!

It was reported mid week that someone out fishing ran into one of the Avon tournament directors out on the ice.  They were out there observing the conditions during the week, and thus made the call to carry on with the event.

It is an open tournament.  No way of knowing who's going to show up, so no way to let them know about conditions personally.

Grumbling belongs here, that's why you see it here.  lol    This is not the R&C thread.   ;D
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline dwy8979

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:27 AM »
I did go to the general thread snd received no reply at all yesterday

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:38 AM »
I'm going to ask this...was the thread locked due to out of control banter? If so why wasn't it moderated before it gets out of control? The rules to reports and conditions is to report ice conditions! PERIOD every single post where ppl are asking where to park what to use how deep should I fish where can I catch a crappie should be removed...simple...but now everybody who uses the thread as it should be has to pay the price bcuz the rules weren't enforced...now were forced to deal with banter I don't see how this is going to help  :'(

Offline hwfoa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:42 AM »
well the way i take it some ones got a problem with avon anglers and decided to make their little issue an inconvienience to eveyone
JIG PAUSE JIGG JIGGG PAUSE

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:02 AM »
well the way i take it some ones got a problem with avon anglers and decided to make their little issue an inconvienience to eveyone
I don't know what happened but a simple post removal policing and some PM warnings would have been sufficient IMO I mean isn't that what a mods assumed position is???? Unbelievable

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #98 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Are you going to unlock it today? Like some others here, I don't need the lesson, can we have our thread back now. Point given, taken, lets move past now.

Offline PauliePiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:07 AM »
I am well aware of what the R&C thread is for,as are most others.So lets bring it back up and keep a eye on it so it does not turn into a mess again,it is very useful to look at for ice conditions,especially with warm weather coming at us once again.
When the R&C thread is back,I think a little message about the rules or link to the rules may go a long way to minimize problems in the future.
It would appear by the defensive attitude of COLD_FEET that there is some kind of ax to grind with respect to the Avon Anglers and their Tourney.I could care less about the A.A. or their tourney myself.
To me this forum and thread is a nice way to meet people,talk fishing,and keep our fellow members of the hardwater fraternity safe,and SAFTY is the most important thing in this sport we all love.
So now lets put the whizzing contest on hold for the season and get back to what really matters,keeping others safe and letting them know what worked for us!
ICE THOSE FISH!!!

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:37 AM »
I vote YAY

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #101 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:58 AM »
I'm going to ask this...was the thread locked due to out of control banter? If so why wasn't it moderated before it gets out of control? The rules to reports and conditions is to report ice conditions! PERIOD every single post where ppl are asking where to park what to use how deep should I fish where can I catch a crappie should be removed...simple...but now everybody who uses the thread as it should be has to pay the price bcuz the rules weren't enforced...now were forced to deal with banter I don't see how this is going to help  :'(

Simply it was moderated and posts removed that were nothing more than Banter Hourly. It gets old comming back to the same old stuff hour by hour and removing it hour by hour. Funny how most all other lakes in R&C needs very little work as they post according to rules set forth by you the members. We just follow your wishes this way keeping banter to general threads.

I could care less about what AVON does Like all others who wish to post tourneys they need to follow the rules set  forth by IS.com Thank the guys who feel they are above this for this situation. The ones posting the way it should be should be P/Oed at them for what is going on I am a moderator not a babysitter.

I don't know what happened but a simple post removal policing and some PM warnings would have been sufficient IMO I mean isn't that what a mods assumed position is???? Unbelievable

Posts were removed and PM's sent most guys feel that they are above the rules of this site. Assumed Position? give me a break We can go back to  the old ways and let you sort through NY general for reports if you wish.

Offline Hillier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:02 AM »
I second your motion paulie. And look at the bright side if they boot you for exercising your 1st. Amendment (freedom of speech)its free to get anot :oher e-mail account and change your name.

Offline hawkeyejr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have ice will fish it,flagup,and catch a BIG one
« Reply #103 on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:03 AM »
i know i was sent a message a week or so ago about a post of mine that was removed and the reason why and i understood like i said for the most part the mods are doing a great job on here
have ice will travel catch a big one

Offline BigDynamite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's one!
« Reply #104 on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:37 AM »
I hope someone will post ice conditions here sometime today since the R & C thread is locked.

There is no need (IMO) to post "How's the ice?" on the R & C board as that what it is there for and everyone here does a great job keeping us updated with conditions.  Having said that, I also feel the R & C thread was closed down prematurely (this from a guy who does not need to clean it up all the time) and that perhaps the situation could have been handled differently (a mod post and some PM's to see if it cleared the problem up).  Maybe a good spanking will show those who have violated the rules what can happen for good.  Just one members opinion.

Tight Lines and Hard Water

Offline hawkeyejr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have ice will fish it,flagup,and catch a BIG one
« Reply #105 on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:41 AM »
just realized today is my 9th anniversary on this site
have ice will travel catch a big one

Offline outside

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dirty Stinkin' Outlaw
« Reply #106 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:55 AM »
I was there yesterday, and have pics. CF has decided that we can't post reports.
This political pissing match is getting in the way of information, FFS.
Some people would like to know.
Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest forms.
- A. Conan Doyle

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #107 on: Feb 04, 2012, 12:11 PM »
For what it's worth, there are a bunch of people off both Mack's and the state launch.  Draw your own conclusions..........

Offline dat034fishtrap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Feb 04, 2012, 02:40 PM »
im going out infront of macks tomarrow hopefully i wont be taking a swim. hope the ice is ok  :-\

Offline duane370

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishing on the rocks please!
« Reply #109 on: Feb 04, 2012, 04:26 PM »
It kinda sucks that right in the middle of the season the R&C gets locked. Do you think the chatter was all because its the only lake that is fish-able this season this late? I use the board as it was designed and really use it so I don't make a wasted trip. Gas isn't cheap and it's going higher. Hope this Issue gets resolved quick. >:(
Ice hut in the Winter, Bass boat in the summer
 :icefish:
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                 
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #110 on: Feb 04, 2012, 04:32 PM »
...Do you think the chatter was all because its the only lake that is fish-able this season...

Most certainly.  To quote a fellow hard water angler...it was like a thundering herd there the last two weekends.  I did not even bother going this weekend.

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Offline The Steel Leader

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Feb 04, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Why couldn't the users who broke the rules be banned/suspended instead of all of us that obey the rules be punished?
I Came, I Saw, I Fished.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #112 on: Feb 04, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Why couldn't the users who broke the rules be banned/suspended instead of all of us that obey the rules be punished?

You never even posted on the lake in question!

Offline buckskinner14530

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Feb 04, 2012, 05:30 PM »
 the lake has a lot of open water shore ice is poor at best thickness is from1.5to4" would not go till there is some cold weather to lock it back up. be safe

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #114 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:23 PM »
I fished there today. Ice was 3in at best and the bite was slow for most of the late morning. Caught 5 perch in the 8in range at first light. Hope that helps.

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:21 PM »
ice is not for the faint of heart off macks but it's holding on for now.  this spot has slowed waaaaaay down from 2 weeks ago.  the price to be paid for being the only fishable spot in the region.  good group of guys out there fishing today and i was intrigued by the amish on the ice.  haven't seen that before...

Offline The Steel Leader

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:24 PM »
So if I haven't posted in that thread, that means I don't read it? Not sure what your point is.
I Came, I Saw, I Fished.

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #117 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:27 PM »
I agree.

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:31 PM »
I second your motion paulie. And look at the bright side if they boot you for exercising your 1st. Amendment (freedom of speech)its free to get anot :oher e-mail account and change your name.

Not likely . When they drop the ban hammer around here it's an IP address ban .

You won't be able to get back in here with a Spud bar a 10 inch auger and a can of WD-40 !  ;D

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Its funny how a lot are saying silver lake is the only fishable ice, I have been fishing for the last month and only been on silver once this year  :cookoo:
Not likely . When they drop the ban hammer around here it's an IP address ban .

You won't be able to get back in here with a Spud bar a 10 inch auger and a can of WD-40 !  ;D
IP addresses change quite regularly

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.