Author Topic: NH Ice Anglers Association  (Read 14995 times)

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
Re: NH Ice Anglers Association
« Reply #60 on: Sep 24, 2009, 04:23 PM »
I will join and encourage the Newfound Lake crew to join as well. 8)
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

timberdoodle

« Reply #61 on: Sep 25, 2009, 04:45 AM »
I will join and encourage the Newfound Lake crew to join as well. 8)

Super, as winter gets into full swing we are going to look for county directors as well as members to write short articles on fishing in their area. Hopefully we can have a newsletter covering the entire state.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #62 on: Sep 25, 2009, 02:58 PM »
Super, as winter gets into full swing we are going to look for county directors as well as members to write short articles on fishing in their area. Hopefully we can have a newsletter covering the entire state.
i would love to see a newsletter.....i think that it a great idea...
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

timberdoodle

« Reply #63 on: Oct 08, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Just as an update: We may have found a permanant meeting space. The Pittsfield Community Center. I am kind of surprised at the lack of membership applications we are recieving. Hopefully as the weather gets colder it will spark a little interest. Nov. 3rd is the next meeting. Hopefully some of you can make it, the more input we get the better. I will post again as soon as the meeting space is finalized. There will also be a map and directions on the website. Nick

timberdoodle

« Reply #64 on: Oct 18, 2009, 02:48 PM »
The meeting space is a go. It is at the Pittsfield community center. We will posting a map on the Ice Anglers website soon. Nov. 3rd is the next meeting, 6PM. First tuesday of the month. Anyone interested in going please contact one of us through here or the website. Thanks again for the support and thanks to IceShanty for letting us continue to post updates. Nick

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Oct 19, 2009, 09:40 AM »
Hopefully we can get some of you to show for the meeting.

Don't put it off and think, well next month I will go. Get up and get moving.....let's make this happen and we need all your help!

See you on the 3rd!
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline Meppsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Can we clarify what this organization's goals are? I read the whole post and might of missed it. What exactly are we trying to accomplish? It sounds intresting.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice like an idiot.

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Oct 22, 2009, 08:27 AM »
Can we clarify what this organization's goals are? I read the whole post and might of missed it. What exactly are we trying to accomplish? It sounds intresting.

Took this off their website

The NHIAA is a non-profit organization who's mission is:

A: To Promote and support the wise use of N.H. ice fishing waters.

B: To aid in the education of individuals in the state of New Hampshire

C: To foster the essentials of good sportsmanship in ice fishing.

D: To communicate the views of individuals that ice fish to the New Hampshire Department of Fish and Game

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Oct 22, 2009, 03:40 PM »
To add to Tim's info........

We now have a voice for ice anglers across the state. This covers everything from fighting new laws or trying to help get them passed, help get more access to water bodies, teach people about wise use of ice angling, hold fishing derbies, try and get more people into ice angling from families to young kids. Well the list could go on and on.........

With more active people in the assoc we can be that much more effective at anything we do. If people have ideas or suggestions we welcome you to attend a meeting and talk about them with us. It would only help....

The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Oct 24, 2009, 07:29 AM »
Just as an update: We may have found a permanent meeting space. The Pittsfield Community Center. I am kind of surprised at the lack of membership applications we are receiving. Hopefully as the weather gets colder it will spark a little interest. Nov. 3rd is the next meeting. Hopefully some of you can make it, the more input we get the better. I will post again as soon as the meeting space is finalized. There will also be a map and directions on the website. Nick
I can't make the meeting but count me in!  I would love to join.  I'll also write a small article for you once a month on fishing here in Southern, NH around Hudson, Windham, Derry, etc if you like?  Just let me know.  Feel free to contact myself on here.  Oh by the way, I think your right, as the season kicks off and people start to fish I think you will see a lot more applications come in.  Thanks to everyone as well for getting this started.  Some of the best days of my life have been spent on the Ice and I am definitely looking forward to another great year.   
A mans Shanty is his Castle

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Oct 26, 2009, 02:49 PM »
How do I join ? I woud ike to be a member but honestly I don't have a lot of extra time.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #71 on: Oct 26, 2009, 06:23 PM »
How do I join ? I woud ike to be a member but honestly I don't have a lot of extra time.
Go to the website and download a application and send it in.
http://www.nhiceanglers.com/Home.html
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Oct 27, 2009, 02:46 PM »
I will be making sure I join.  Would love to make this meeting but not 100% sure.
CJ

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Nov 01, 2009, 07:17 AM »
Is the meeting still on for the 3rd?

timberdoodle

« Reply #74 on: Nov 01, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Yes Nov. 3rd 6pm Pittsfield Community Center. This should be the norm for the future, the first tuesday of the month at the community center I am meeting with them at 5:30 tues. to book the next 6 months worth of meetings. Nick

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Nov 01, 2009, 12:48 PM »
Thanks Nick

Offline baboosicfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Nov 03, 2009, 05:00 AM »
can't make the meeting, but i just sent in my application.  I want to help, but it is just a little to far for me to make every meeting.  Hope the association starts thriving!
Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God

timberdoodle

« Reply #77 on: Nov 03, 2009, 06:10 AM »
Thanks for the support. We tried to find a meeting spot that was as central as possible but its not as easy as it sounds. We will be setting a annual meeting date soon, as soon as one is agreed upon we will let everyone know.

timberdoodle

« Reply #78 on: Dec 01, 2009, 01:57 PM »
Just as an update....there is not going to be a Dec meeting. The next meeting will be Jan 5th at 6pm. There are some new updates on the website as well as new member applications. Please feel free to contact one of us. I have been watching the salmon debate...these are just the things we are talking about. Having an association like ours is good for the sport and everyone involved. Thanks Nick

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #79 on: Dec 01, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Just wondering how many members there are to this date?

~Stefan~

timberdoodle

« Reply #80 on: Dec 01, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Right now we only have 12 members, like anything else it takes time to get things off the ground. We would like to do more advertising but have been holding off untill the ice hits. IS has been very good about letting us update this so far and we don't want to do too much on here and ruin that. We think that this could be a great asset to the ice fishing in NH when we get a few more people on board. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Nick

timberdoodle

« Reply #81 on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:09 AM »
If there is anyone out there that has sent in an application that has not recieved a reply from us please let me know. We have recently changed PO boxes and we want to make sure no applications were overlooked in the process. Sorry for any inconvience, Nick

Offline JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JHM
« Reply #82 on: Dec 06, 2009, 05:15 PM »
How does membership run Jan-Dec or from when you sign up? Thank You for donating your time!!!

John

timberdoodle

« Reply #83 on: Dec 07, 2009, 06:33 AM »
Membership runs from Nov 1st to Oct 31. All members will be recieving reminders to renew in the end of Aug.

Offline Ice Trapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag Up! He's Stripping line"
« Reply #84 on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Hey bro i like the thought of that Count me in!

<{{{>(~Raef Heller~)<}}}>

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 10, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Nick

Received the News Letter and other information to in the mail. Nice Job.

timberdoodle

« Reply #86 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Thanks. We are getting things ironed out slow but sure. We'd like to know what you guys think, good or bad. Any input is greatly appreciated. Topics, ideas, things you guys would like to see in the newsletters, soon we will be having a conditions and outlook section in the news letter for as many areas in the state that we can cover. Jan 5th is the next meeting 6pm at the pittsfield community center, directions are on the website, unless there is a storm that night, cancelations will be posted on the website. Thanks again , Nick

Offline CTPikeFerret

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Dec 12, 2009, 11:18 AM »
Hey I live in CT but rent a cabin  4 the winter in NH with 3 other guys were up every other weekend 2 fish. I think we may be intersted in joining as some of us belong to the MAINE IA  ASSOC. Anything that promotes the great sport of icefishing in the states we fish would be a worth while cause. Some of the guys were wondering if u accept out of state members and if u receive a patch or stickers with membership. Thanks 4 the info
Member CT Fisherman
The Boys Annual IceFishing Trip 8th YR 2011

timberdoodle

« Reply #88 on: Dec 12, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Yes we Gladly accept out of state members. At the present time we are still working on our official logo so we do not have patches or stickers, but they will be coming soon. Members recieve a newsletter by mail each month which contains brief news on the association and current conditions around the state. Thanks for the interest. Nick

Offline JimB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone thinking
« Reply #89 on: Dec 14, 2009, 11:26 AM »
You changed the P.O.box number is the new one the 762 box. Interested in joining.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.