New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Southeastern New York Gathering/ new york gathering.  (Read 58613 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Southeastern New York Gathering/ new york gathering.
« on: Oct 24, 2008, 08:23 PM »
i will set something up here. got ideas? i live by 30 lakes. also, there is a statewide gathering. we can talk about it here. YO1157, Mr. Clean, and a few others live by a place with lots of options.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Southeastern New York Gathering/ new york gathering.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2008, 09:32 PM »
hey pooly ...wheres ya thinking?????????? sullivan co. /orange co. ???? more toward ya way ????? i'm game to meet some of the shanty folk ..... :icefish:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2008, 09:54 AM »
we have plenty of lakes to choose from here in rockland/southern orange counties, but we could go to sullivan/nothern orange. we'll see who responds. it's early still.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2008, 06:16 PM »
 yepper...its early yet...hows greenwood lake ?????? never got to fish it yet...got some pike in there dont it ????????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2008, 07:15 AM »
no pike, but big musky, and tiger muskies.  ;D also, pickerel, bass, trout, perch, crappies...... all the usual suspects.

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2008, 02:25 PM »
Pooley ,Count me in .Hpe we get some cold stuff to make good ice early this year.I've got a couple of buddies up in Ulster county that would be interested too.
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Pooley,
  I am assuming you are going for the last two weekends in January or the first weekend in February. Since I work in the retail field Saturdays and Sundays are not that easy for me to get off,but I will try to be there if possible.
   Just for your and others info. I believe the Loch Sheldrake and Hurleyville,NY. fire departments have contests in February . Members could meet at either one of these events.

Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2008, 04:25 PM »
 if ya do the loch sheldrake contest...let me know...me uncle bummie owns the bar in town..... ;)2

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2008, 05:11 PM »
South Fallsburgh FD also runs a contest, very well organized and very well attended, on a private lake they have access to.  The lake is large and has plenty of room for us IS guys to hold a get-together during the contest.
If you guys are interested, I'll get in touch with the FD and find out details of this year's event.
P.S.   Nice prizes for the contest winners too!!!!

Think I'll try to stay ON TOP  of the ice this year!!!

Iceballs

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2008, 05:20 PM »
if ya do the loch sheldrake contest...let me know...me uncle bummie owns the bar in town..... ;)2
Pooley make a note of this if I have the right Bar it is on State rt.52 over looking the state access site to Lock Sheldrake .would be a good place to meet after fishing .
      Ice Balls I hope the weather was not below freezing or you really could have had Ice ^%$# .  :laugh: :laugh: Sorry I could not resist.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Pooley make a note of this if I have the right Bar it is on State rt.52 over looking the state access site to Lock Sheldrake .would be a good place to meet after fishing .
      Ice Balls I hope the weather was not below freezing or you really could have had Ice ^%$# .  :laugh: :laugh: Sorry I could not resist.
bum & kels.....mr.clean... perhaps youse',me ,& pooly should go there & do some R&D on the potental pro's of this site.......  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I found two Ice Fishing Contests in the Record last year...

• The Hurleyville Fire Department and Town of Fallsburg are hosting the 20th annual ice-fishing contest from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow on Morningside Lake in Hurleyville. The contest is open to all ages. Adult registration is $5, kids under 12 free. For information, call 436-5418 or 434-3475.(I believe Feb. 9th last year)

• The 23rd annual King of the Ice fishing contest will be held from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 17 on Kauneonga and White lakes. This is the area's largest and best-known ice-fishing contest. Preregistration by Feb. 16 is required at Sports-Nuts Boats & Sporting Goods, 250 Rock Hill Drive, Rock Hill. For information, call 794-2000.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2008, 05:43 PM »
the south fallsburg fire dept. contest ....is that held on the lake where they bottle the leisure time water & ice ??????  the old concord hotel is across from it or am i guessing wrong ???????

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Morningside is also in South Fallsburg, I know they have a couple of events a year there .Bass ,pickerel ,gills some crappie and perch.Used to be a good lake ,a nice spot for a small gathering.
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 27, 2008, 07:14 AM »
the south fallsburg fire dept. contest ....is that held on the lake where they bottle the leisure time water & ice ??????  the old concord hotel is across from it or am i guessing wrong ???????

Kiamesha Lake?

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 27, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Bart,
 I forgot about the King of the Ice contest held annually on White Lake . I believe the South Fallsburg fire dept. contest maybe held on Echo or Pleasure Lakes both of which are private to my knowledge .
   Hole Hawg  I more of a soda- ice tea man  ;) ;) ,the one problem I see with Loch Sheldrake is that you have to walk down a flight of stairs  to get to the lakes surface at the state access site .
   Harriman- Sterling Forest state parks would give us a host of lakes to choose from but the Palisade Interstate Parks Commission's policy of six inches (minimum) of ice could present problems . The 'PIPC" has signs posted with a place for a green or red strip to be placed , green safe ice lake open -red lake closed no icefishing. I personally have seen a lake be open one week get a few days of warm weather lake edges open up and the commission closes that lake to icefishing .
   As Pooley stated in his opening post there are many lakes to choose from so if mother nature is kind there will be a place(s) to ice fish.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #16 on: Oct 27, 2008, 02:47 PM »
the king of the ice contest sucks, so i wouldn't do it there, but the south fallsburg F.D. one would work. there are a lot of lakes to choose from, but harriman has the most to choose from.

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Oct 27, 2008, 05:41 PM »
POOLEY,IF WE MEET UP WITH HOLEHAWG, WHO WILL DRIVE US HOME FROM UNCLE BUMMIES BAR? 

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2008, 05:55 PM »
POOLEY,IF WE MEET UP WITH HOLEHAWG, WHO WILL DRIVE US HOME FROM UNCLE BUMMIES BAR? 

i hope uncle bummie has a back room to crash in!!! :P sounds like it could be a rough night! :laugh:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2008, 06:08 PM »
i hope uncle bummie has a back room to crash in!!! :P sounds like it could be a rough night! :laugh:
there..there boys.. uncle holehawg will see that all is taken care of.... :wacko:..holehawg jr. is a  :callcops:...im sure he can find room for us at the " inn...''  :cookoo: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:..

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Oct 27, 2008, 06:11 PM »

Kiamesha Lake?
thats the one...hockey12...thank you...i bowl with some fallsburg dudes i'll ask about the f.d. contest... :icefish:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 27, 2008, 06:39 PM »
we got a ride YO!!!!! ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Oct 27, 2008, 06:53 PM »
please pooly ...dont say yo...the boys  :callcops:trigger happy...he's new and jittery...geeze he almost capped me the other day... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 27, 2008, 07:01 PM »
please pooly ...dont say yo...the boys  :callcops:trigger happy...he's new and jittery...geeze he almost capped me the other day... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Y-O is bills nickname, YO1157. :laugh: i don't say yo. ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 27, 2008, 07:09 PM »
dont think i had the pleasure of chatting with mr. yo.... i did notice he's from down ya way.....probobly a big blue fan too... ::)harriman state parks ???? i didn't know ya  could go on them ?????? i thought the west point fellas were all over that  area training ??????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 27, 2008, 07:20 PM »
they're north of harriman state park. 73 square miles, and lots of lakes to fish. we don't get ice every year, but we get 2 feet some years.
YO1157, hockey12, and i are suffern firemen.

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Oct 27, 2008, 08:16 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 27, 2008, 08:21 PM »
mr. yo is in the building..... ;)2 :clap: you really drink beer...ahh'hem...i mean fight fires with pooly ???????? ;)2 ;)2 ;)2

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Oct 27, 2008, 08:23 PM »
for the last 25 years , killed a few brain cells with him ;D

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 28, 2008, 09:56 AM »
I'm definitely in. where ever when ever.  :tipup: starting to get colder. I'm loving it. i actually got out of school today because the wind blew down some power lines and power was out for a good hour so they sent us home  ;D to bad theres noo ice. I'm bored.  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.