The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 175712 times)

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #210 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:23 AM »
1Mo where I was fishing yesterday there was maybe 2-3 inches of snow on the ice. Seemed to be more on the boat lauch then the lake. Looked like alot of it had been blown around on the lake.  Good Luck Bill!!!!!
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #211 on: Feb 07, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Me and my 8yr old son are going to try the night bite at arthur tonight. I have never fished arthur after dark and am looking for suggestions on where to go to find a few panfish.

Thanks!
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #212 on: Feb 08, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Wondering how the edges and ice on the lake is holding up???   Drove to Glade Run and edges were going fast......
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline feasanthunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #213 on: Feb 08, 2009, 06:48 PM »
just got in , the lake was freezing up when I left at 6pm.
are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle "Dixie"?

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #214 on: Feb 08, 2009, 07:58 PM »
i think we will be fine on the edges as long as we dont get any heavy rains. the freezing temps will come for one cold cnap then itl be downhill from there. at least once the ice goes downhill normally the fishing goes up

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #215 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:14 AM »
Yeah everything is rock solid, slicker than goose poop but solid you should not have any problems for a while.  If the temps drop back down at the end of the week and stay down for a few as predicted we should be good to go until the end of the month.

Take care,

Snapper

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #216 on: Feb 09, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Yeah everything is rock solid, slicker than goose poop but solid you should not have any problems for a while.  If the temps drop back down at the end of the week and stay down for a few as predicted we should be good to go until the end of the month.

Take care,

Snapper

i agree the rain we get will determine what happens we lost a few inches of ice ie melting there was half white half clear still 10" on saturday in the deeper water   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #217 on: Feb 10, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I'm betting a lot of that water on the ice surface was the melting snow cover.  I'm not saying we didn't lose some ice to these temps and the rain fall, but remember there was still a lot of snow cover still as of Sunday.

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #218 on: Feb 10, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Tommorrows forecast of thunderstorms and high wind will eat up alot of that. But from what I seen on the reports its going to get cold again. Looks like we are just going to have alittle break...that's all.  And then back to icefishin..........Loa d up the wagons.....It'll be time to roll here sooner then ya think!!!!!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #219 on: Feb 11, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Any info for the Lake today???   Good..Bad or Ugly....lol

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #220 on: Feb 12, 2009, 06:48 AM »
Why are we taking a break?  There was a good foot of ice out there, we should not have lost enough to make it unsafe by now and the temps are dropping right back down.  Heck we did not even loose our shore line’s yet except in areas that have springs or run offs other than that it is all locked up. 

Take care,

Snapper

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #221 on: Feb 12, 2009, 07:22 AM »
I know with these high winds...I'm taking a break. Don't have enough ice anchors for the shanty and not enough to screw thru my boots to hold me down...LOL........  PLUS....the wind messes up my hair... :laugh:

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #222 on: Feb 12, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I hear you there it takes me a long time to look this good, yepper it will be pretty slick and windy.   

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #223 on: Feb 12, 2009, 12:02 PM »
Yep....ya never know when your going to pull the next record out the lake.  Ya wanna look good on the pic for the newspaper article...lol

Offline toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #224 on: Feb 12, 2009, 04:37 PM »
I don't know, I could leave the shack on it's skis, prop up one side, and she'd make one heck of an ice boat...
[signature removed]

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #225 on: Feb 13, 2009, 07:50 AM »
I was fishing with a buddy a few years back on Wilhelm we left his shanty popped up half way and we walked away to drill holes in order to get on different brush.  It was crazy cold and windy that day, yeeper the wind gabbed his shanty and it was off like a rocket!  I’m telling you he chased that thing a ½ mile slipping and falling while I was laughing.  Where was one other person that was dumb enough to be out fishing that day our unmanned shanty missed his by inches, he was WAY down the lake from us. 

Now what to do fish tonight and be home in time to get some sleep to hit the early bite Saturday or play cards and sleep in???           

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #226 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:14 AM »
Can't eat them cards but MAN those fish do taste good..... :laugh:

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #227 on: Feb 13, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Can't eat them cards but MAN those fish do taste good..... :laugh:
they do taste good need to get a few in the freezer hope they turned back on anyone fishin new water they would like to inform us,let the cat otta the bag,the secret is out,spill the beans,come clean, i guess thats why we carry a flashlight lol mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #228 on: Feb 13, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Someone is crushing them at Moraine cause the lake is down 3-4 feet....LOL    Any new info on the cabins area???   Drove to McDaniels and not a soul on the ice.....

Offline feasanthunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #229 on: Feb 14, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Heading to Shannons in the AM.
are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle "Dixie"?

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #230 on: Feb 15, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Looking for thoughts on how the recent warm weather melt and runoff affects the fishing. Do you treat it like first-ice again and fish shallow or do you still consider it mid-winter and fish deeper. Or do you just go exploring til you find them? Fish MC / Shannons or go deep off Nealeys point?

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline icehound

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #231 on: Feb 15, 2009, 03:51 PM »
anyone been out Sunday, thinking of going next Saturday if ice last, never fished Arthur ice before any help would be greatly appreciated, wanting to take the wife along, but her bad back has sidelined us so far this season.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #232 on: Feb 15, 2009, 09:06 PM »
Looking for thoughts on how the recent warm weather melt and runoff affects the fishing. Do you treat it like first-ice again and fish shallow or do you still consider it mid-winter and fish deeper. Or do you just go exploring til you find them? Fish MC / Shannons or go deep off Nealeys point?
the melt turned on the fish it signals a move to the spawning grounds any warm water entering the lake helped, i would fish shallow in the weedz in a bay with a major creek in the back and fish where the transistions are basin to bay,bay to weed line and for me little bait this time of year    good fishin   moooooooo

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #233 on: Feb 15, 2009, 09:10 PM »
anyone been out Sunday, thinking of going next Saturday if ice last, never fished Arthur ice before any help would be greatly appreciated, wanting to take the wife along, but her bad back has sidelined us so far this season.
what do you fish for? how far can you walk? you can get alot of help reading the previous posts future ones to follow     lol    moooo

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #234 on: Feb 15, 2009, 09:46 PM »
Not 100% sure of where to tell you to go Icehound....BUT.....I can tell you where NOT to go.....LOL   Just read my posts..... :(   

Offline icehound

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #235 on: Feb 16, 2009, 04:18 AM »
Thanks to all of you for the information.
Usually she can walk a couple hundred feet before she's done for a couple of hours.
By the time the day is over she's hurting pretty bad, but she loves to ice fish and soft water fish also.
If the ice holds and the back permits we're going give it a try Saturday.
In the past we fish P.I. Bay , High Point and Wilhelm, the word is that the bay has opened up and no one is reporting on High Point or Wilhelm.
It's nice to hear from you folks

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #236 on: Feb 16, 2009, 08:20 AM »
Wilhelm has been poor fishing the past two years for pan fish during ice on anyway.

P.I. is in poor shape from what I hear.

That lake is slick, slick, slick, so if her back is in bad shape be careful.  As far as next weekend goes there should be no problem fishing out there, that I can see anyway. 

As far as fishing the lake you treat last ice like first ice, but we are not at the last ice stage from what I have seen.  There are some fish moving shallow but most are stageing on key structure, points, and drop offs.

Be safe and good luck,

Snapper       

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #237 on: Feb 16, 2009, 01:09 PM »
Wilhelm has been poor fishing the past two years for pan fish during ice on anyway.

P.I. is in poor shape from what I hear.

That lake is slick, slick, slick, so if her back is in bad shape be careful.  As far as next weekend goes there should be no problem fishing out there, that I can see anyway. 

As far as fishing the lake you treat last ice like first ice, but we are not at the last ice stage from what I have seen.  There are some fish moving shallow but most are stageing on key structure, points, and drop offs.

Be safe and good luck,

Snapper       

thats exactly the way i see it, let me run this by you, thought? how many fish are in arthur? how much available bottom is there for spawning? its a well known fact that spawning is opportunistic? you agree? i had the camera out and there are beds already on the bottom are they old ones or is there a early push to get the best shack in da hood    lol   mo

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #238 on: Feb 16, 2009, 01:15 PM »
Absolutely, there are a tone of misconceptions out there about the spawn or spawning patterns. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #239 on: Feb 16, 2009, 01:34 PM »
one other thing most of the fish i filleted loaded with minnows so they definetly are puttin on the feed bag last night the lake looked like wilhelm the hole church bay from muddy creek to shannon lanterns like chinese new years   lol    mo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.