The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 100:1 oil mixture  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
100:1 oil mixture
« on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Does anyone use the Saber 100:1 oil mix in their 2 cycle motors?  How does it work?  Do you need to complete drain the existing gas/oil that is in it, before you can switch?  I have 3 gas cans of mixed in the garage, 50:1, 40:1, and 30:1 and I would like to just need one. 

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 100:1 oil mixture
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:02 PM »
there is a different kind of oil i found not that name though cant find the bottle but it says you mix 100 to 0ne and it works for any mix ratio we use it in our old sled 50 /1 in our ice auger 24/1  old chain say 16/1 new chain saw 40/1 and our boat motor 50/1   and we have noticed a difference in the boat motor  we find it runs better and has a smotther idle and for the rest of our stuff ... it all still runs .. as  you can tell its a pain in the ass mixing gas for our stuff lol we got a little bit of everything   
but when we mix the gas with the 100 /1 stuff for everything we always give it just a touch more .. just for good mesure so its prollie only 75 to 1 but so far it works and have no problems
hope that helps 

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:05 PM »
also check out this post as well it might help http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=38599.0

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:50 AM »
I use opti-2 in all my 2 stroke applications.....Have noticed an improvement in their running, and considerably less smoke. Supposedly there is a gaurantee from opti-2 that if something happens to the engine while running opti-2 and its found to be oil related they will cover it. Have to read the fine print

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:45 PM »
I use Amsoil Saber Professional in every 2 stroke that I have. I now have about 4 extra gas cans in my garage. I mix it at 80:1 and everything runs great and no smoke or very little smoke. I waited until the tanks on my equipment were just about empty before I switched to the Amsoil mixture. I don't know if it would have hurt anything to switch to the mixture when I still had a half tank or not, but I just felt better doing it this way. I used to have 24:1.32:1,40:1 and 50:1 in different tnaks now I just have one and it feels great. Good luck to ya.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.