The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: naming lakes on iceshanty.com  (Read 7140 times)

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Look mom i'm walking on water!!!!"
Re: naming lakes on iceshanty.com
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:22 PM »
if you read what i said in the first post i said i don't have a problem helping people out, if you have a question ask me and i will probably tell you general area on the internet, but if we are out on the ice and you ask me a question i will tell you what i am using and depth and let you see my LOWRANCE X67C (going to get crap for that to, lol). i don't name the smaller lakes i fish on here but OTHERS have which is why i posted this.

giving tips on the internet is one thing and talking and exchanging areas on the lake is another. and i also added on the very end of that post was my .02

"Respectfully speaking, if you do not like the exchange of info, I think you are in the wrong place."

i think to much on open post are alittle dangerous depending on what you are exchanging

i am not trying to start drama, that is why i fish in the first place to get away from it and relax with good company, so stop over reading what i posted and look at it like your b.s.ing with a friend, good luck out there (just not telling you where i am at, lol)

Shaun

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:25 PM »
we all are on this site to help each other get bit!!  if you don't like the way of the road then get off of it!!  no pun intended!
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:28 PM »
we all are on this site to help each other get bit!!  if you don't like the way of the road then get off of it!!  no pun intended!

what r u talking about?, i have gave you info a couple diffenert times and told you the name of the lake i fished.

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:04 AM »
i understand and appreciate that information.  but we as fisherman should be able to say such things as, for an example:  pontiac lake is doing great for walleye.  there's nothing wrong with that statement.  now when people start saying go here then turn here and find this, that kind of stuff yeah i do understand that.  but we all should give generic information regarding what lakes are doing good in the area.

Offline bigt_pimpin78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:54 AM »
People like this get on my nerves if your supose to be a angler or a outdoors men whats it matter
if other people are there if you want to be by your self by a privte lake or land to hunt on intill then
shut up ! and learn how to fish slapnuts
 ???

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:44 AM »
So most of you are saying that fishing spots are like girlfriends...you keep the pretty ones to youselves and share the ugly ones?

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:56 AM »
Nontypicla...p/m ya?.....I'll just call ya on the phone..LOL...Are you trying to say I'm as seceritive about my fishing spots as I am about my mushroom honey holes????.. ;D

Offline MIduckguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • REDHEADS ARE HOT!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:05 AM »
i understand and appreciate that information.  but we as fisherman should be able to say such things as, for an example:  pontiac lake is doing great for walleye.  there's nothing wrong with that statement.  now when people start saying go here then turn here and find this, that kind of stuff yeah i do understand that.  but we all should give generic information regarding what lakes are doing good in the area.
i disagree..its a shame i have to...but i have too! i cant tell you how many times people have said lake names on here and how they are doing, and the next thing you know..there are 100 people all pounding holes..i wont lie to someone if they ask me privately how im doing..but i wont hold your hand..i found fish....so should you...naming lakes and telling people how you did where, just causes problems..some lakes may only have a couple areas that anyone with half a brain would know thats where the fish are..some times those areas arent big...there is nothing more frustrating than hearing someone say " yeah i heard they were slaying them...so me and my brother, and his friend, and his brotheres friend and my uncle and my 3 kids decided we'd come check it out"...then what makes things worse...is they do decent...well the next week, those guys...plus, about 20 other sisters brothers uncles are out there trying to get in on it too. im all about giving tips..i have as much fun watching someone get into fish as i do catching them myself sometimes...but the shortcuts people try taking on here gets annoying sometimes. i wish we could all be as responsible as we like to think we are..but look at anypost with a lake name in it...theres 5 times as many views as responses..and at any giving time, there are twice as many guests, as thier are members on these boards...not to mention the guys who post "can you tell me exactly where you were and what color you are using?" give me a break! lol. you wouldnt walk into a crowded bar full of fisherman and say "all you guys! im slaying walleye! come with me!"...its the same thing on here!

Offline MIduckguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • REDHEADS ARE HOT!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:07 AM »
giving ice conditions are different...i check alot of lakes and am more than willing to tell you "union has about 5 inches" or maceday had 4...that dont bother me...you still have to find fish....its the "they are slaying wallleye on lake Z  in 25feet of water" crap that gets old.

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #39 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:33 AM »
What a bunch of crap. 

If you believe half the yak yak on here as far as what lake is doing what........ well you deserve the skunking you will likely recieve.

Its like a stock tip...garbage.  its old news. 

M.I.R.C. 

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #40 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:34 AM »
giving ice conditions are different...i check alot of lakes and am more than willing to tell you "union has about 5 inches" or maceday had 4...that dont bother me...you still have to find fish....its the "they are slaying wallleye on lake Z  in 25feet of water" crap that gets old.

Thanks..Ill head to Lake Z and get em.....LOL

M.I.R.C. 

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #41 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:54 AM »
Wow what a topic, I respect this sport with the utmost and love to share with others, it gives the sport its flare.  On public lakes where every one has an opportunity to fish I will let ya know ice conditions and what the bite is like as far as species, cus I wanna see ya out there with me, hence the name public lake.  For GPS cords., I have never seen one posted on this site, for a good reason they are private.  Private lakes are a diffrent story and should be kept to PM's cuz you need a personal invitation from the person with access, cant very well invite all of us to that small lake in XYZ county.  I have no problem with talking about public lakes and if ya wanna brag about your catch good, I wanna read, its exciting.  So I guess we could just not talk about are fishing experiences at all on here or be super hush hush about fishing public lakes, but in my opinion that would be monotone and I am sure not much fun.
We do have ice y'all so Fish on everyone.....what ever side of the fence you are on

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Wow what a topic, I respect this sport with the utmost and love to share with others, it gives the sport its flare.  On public lakes where every one has an opportunity to fish I will let ya know ice conditions and what the bite is like as far as species, cus I wanna see ya out there with me, hence the name public lake.  For GPS cords., I have never seen one posted on this site, for a good reason they are private.  Private lakes are a diffrent story and should be kept to PM's cuz you need a personal invitation from the person with access, cant very well invite all of us to that small lake in XYZ county.  I have no problem with talking about public lakes and if ya wanna brag about your catch good, I wanna read, its exciting.  So I guess we could just not talk about are fishing experiences at all on here or be super hush hush about fishing public lakes, but in my opinion that would be monotone and I am sure not much fun.
We do have ice y'all so Fish on everyone.....what ever side of the fence you are on

Thanks...you summed it up nicely for me....without my horrible sarcasm.  LOL

M.I.R.C. 

Offline MIduckguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • REDHEADS ARE HOT!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:06 AM »
Thanks...you summed it up nicely for me....without my horrible sarcasm.  LOL

LOL your never sacastic...i must have missed it.  ::) lol.

Offline fishinmoses

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Made in usa
« Reply #44 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:36 AM »
There is over 60 lakes with in 10miles where i live most aer over 150acres so asking or giving some info wont freakin hurt we cant all be there at once a little commonsense guys if you say its hot on union lk in oakland co there wont be 16,000 people duh! people have to work feed the dog hang out with wife so most of us have to be somewere else anyway so dont be jaskasses if you had a good day name the freakin lake if not name the lake im not asking depth what lure waypoint and as far as fishing one of the big lakes are you kinding me 200 hundred people on st clair or sag bay please! dont hurt nothing. ;)

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:37 AM »
LOL your never sacastic...i must have missed it.  ::) lol.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Cooler than the other side of the pillow......

M.I.R.C. 

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:42 AM »
thats a good point, ill tell all the public lakes in the world bc theyre public... but i am not gunna tell nething about the private lakes i fish
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:32 AM »
I don't see a problame with this topic because it's not going to change any thing because people who give out exact places will still give them out and people who don't like to give info about lakes out will still keep hush hush :-X . I am the guy that will give out info on how I did because that's my personality and I can honestly tell you guys that I don't mind going into a forum, bait shop, bar, or any other place and telling any one where they are bitting. And if the next day every one and there brother are out there then it just makes it more fun. Some of you guys need to stop being so selfish and just have fun but I do realize that it's your personality to be selfish and if you want to keep things quit than that's up to you. Just to let every one know nothing will change on this forum, people will be exactly how they have always been ;). What ever you do have fun fishing ;D .

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:37 AM »
I don't see a problame with this topic because it's not going to change any thing because people who give out exact places will still give them out and people who don't like to give info about lakes out will still keep hush hush :-X . I am the guy that will give out info on how I did because that's my personality and I can honestly tell you guys that I don't mind going into a forum, bait shop, bar, or any other place and telling any one where they are bitting. And if the next day every one and there brother are out there then it just makes it more fun. Some of you guys need to stop being so selfish and just have fun but I do realize that it's your personality to be selfish and if you want to keep things quit than that's up to you. Just to let every one know nothing will change on this forum, people will be exactly how they have always been ;). What ever you do have fun fishing ;D .
Amen, and higgins do u know when the smelt start biting at higgins???
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #49 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Amen, and higgins do u know when the smelt start biting at higgins???

Sorry man I'm keeping things hush hush now that I have read this topic >:( . Just kidding I would tell you but I haven't been out yet mainly because of money $$$$ (I live in Muskegon 230 miles away). But I am going to go up on the week end of the 2nd and 3rd of February(next week end) and will post how I do on one of the Higgins topics. I would send a P.M. to some of the guys that live by Higgins lake they seem to be very nice and helpful, at least the ones that I have talked to. GOOD LUCK TO YA ;D

DRR324

« Reply #50 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:33 PM »
I'd really like to reply with my thoughts on this subject- but I don't want any of you to know where I keep them for fear of you finding them better than I have..........

SO- my permanent shanty is on 8 point lake in SW Clare county.  It is a 385 acre public lake with 2 access points and the walk from the access to THE SPOT is only 6-700 yards.  The lake has weed beds and is pretty gentle sloped bottom.  The gills and crappies are in the 10-18 fow range.  Can be tough to catch a bunch- the bite comes and goes.  I move around a little bit-just pulling the shanty when I want to move on the fish.  I enjoy just sitting in the shanty with my kids or a buddy or two and catch a few now and then.  I don't need a limit to enjoy myself.  If your in the area and want to give this lake a shot- PM and I'll let you know how its been going.

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #51 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Sorry man I'm keeping things hush hush now that I have read this topic >:( . Just kidding I would tell you but I haven't been out yet mainly because of money $$$$ (I live in Muskegon 230 miles away). But I am going to go up on the week end of the 2nd and 3rd of February(next week end) and will post how I do on one of the Higgins topics. I would send a P.M. to some of the guys that live by Higgins lake they seem to be very nice and helpful, at least the ones that I have talked to. GOOD LUCK TO YA ;D

hey higgins, think you can get a lake trout update while your out.  i need gps points and every area that has them!!  just kidding. ;D  but seriously, if you can just get a basic lake trout info that would be great.  thanks in advance!

Offline detroitroofer149

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, you say let me get my pole..
« Reply #52 on: Jan 28, 2008, 02:48 PM »
i have to tell you ever time i see someone on here name a lake i fish and have pretty good luck on, it bugs me. i have done my homework and found these lakes and spots. so it bugs me that people are on here acting like they are the only people that fish those lakes, i thought it is kind of a unspoken rule not to name lakes and give spots out. a lot of us live in highly populated areas and if we all keep naming the lakes everone and there brother would be on that lake and ruining the fisheries. i really don't mind helping people out with there technique i truly don't, but i have not once or will i ever tell any of you the name of the lakes i fish, i will give you the general region and if your lucky maybe the county.

i guess my point is maybe think twice of naming the lake where you nearly limited out on and remember your usually not the only on that fishes that lake. just venting and my .02

now bring on the smart @$$'

Shaun

Hey there member since sept 07...with only 30 post...listen i see where your coming from but....but....if i really enjoy a great fishing day im gonna tell you all....Because im the type to let people know...I wanna brag just like every person who catches the biggest and the most....and for all you guys who  read this will understand also..I will give a lake name anytime and even the location, i want to see guys catching just as much as i do...so for now and forever i will drop lake names down anytime

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:43 PM »
lol man i must have struck a nerve with alot of you, look agian i am saying i agree that we should help people and give info just look at how many people looked at this post and look how many replied. by no means was i saying that everone on here is going to flock to your honey hole but i was saying your not the only one that fishes that lake. it public yes and you guys can do what ever you want you r adults but somethimes you don't act like one, name the lakes and spots and whatever its still going to bug me just like it said in my first post. have fun.

by the way sorry that i have a life and work and would rather BE on the ice then just talk about being on the ice, so if you post 50 times aday good for you just remember i am out on the ice not dreaming about it. good luck and be safe
shaun

Offline icefisher69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:27 PM »
if we expect to get people and youngsters new to fishing to give it a try we have to share info with them,what lake,what bait and colors or whatever it takes to get more people enjoying fishing as much as i do.This is my belief on the subject.Everybody is differnt and has differnt beliefs,but we need to get more people(young and old)out fish and enjoying nature.I'm new to this site(this is my first post)so i haven't shared any info until now!Went to LONG LAKE friday 1-25-08 and the fishing was pretty slow!3 of us only caught 19 gills and all where 4-5 inches,so they went back to grow bigger!Seen a couple big pike on the aqua view.fishing was slow but a great day to be on the ice!next time i get out i'll let everybody know if there biting and how the ice is! Tight lines to all!

Offline BCice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:04 PM »
Long Lake huh. Is that right next to Mud Lake.  ???  ::)
Ron

Offline c2223

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:32 PM »
If I told you they were coming off Morrison with everyone having their limits, you would all rush over there and find out there is only about 30 parking spots and if you parked anywhere within 1/2 mile of the lake your vehicle is going to be towed, THAT is not good information!
I will tell you 100+ people on Morrison 1-26 don't know what they were catching, 1-28, 5 people on the same lake, don't know what they were catching, but with the reduced numbers form your own conclusion

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:47 PM »
what a way to get your blood pressue going. i agree with both sides of this topic, i dont want your honey hole but i would like to know if a lake im not fimaliar with is worth the time.I think the $$$ and time I take away from my family is at least worth something,so thats what i look at when i tell someone about a lake. anyway great post. GOOD LUCK! hopefully we still have ice after this rain..
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #58 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:55 PM »
Part of the reason I give up so much information is it really challenges me to learn more about fishing among groups of people. Ice fishing popularity is exploding and so far it's helping me stay on top of my game.
Another reason is for the safety of other folks. They may be bringing their kids out and I'd hate to deal with thinking someone got in trouble in frozen water if I could have offered a little warning.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline brighteyes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 29, 2008, 01:41 AM »
I don't see any harm in posting names if it is a reasonable size lake but when parking is tight and only room for small amount of fishing space then no.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.