Author Topic: Lowrance X67C Ice Machine  (Read 15399 times)

Offline ga8ehman

• IceShanty Rookie
Lowrance X67C Ice Machine
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 10:08 AM »
I just purchased the Lowrance X67C Ice Machine and I was looking for any helpful information or tips on how to set up the settings on the Ice Machine for ice fishing.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lowrance X67C Ice Machine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008, 11:15 AM »
It doesn't have the self leveling transducer, so it you are having issues finding your jig, transducer angle is usually the first thing to check.  Also, when you are fishing around other flashers and you are picking up interferance, you have to go into graph mode to adjust the interferance reduction.  Go into simulation mode and just play with the menus for a while.  You can't really screw it up too bad, cause there is an option to reset it to defaults.

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2008, 01:26 PM »
The wing nut is a poor design for the transducer bracket.  I've replaced it with a nylon lock nut on mine and it is now loose enough to self level.

I mostly use mine in split screen zoom in regular finder mode with the zoom set at 4x.  You can then use the arrow keys to move the zoom portion around in the water column.  Works great if you are not fishing right off the bottom but for suspended fish.

I turn off auto depth and auto sensitivity when on ice and adjust what I need to for depth and sensitivity.  Makes it easier to set it to what I want without it auto changing.

Colorline settings are something that you will need to play with the get the setting you like.  Mine is usually set to around 50 - 60 depending on the bottom type.  With enough trial and error you can get the hang of what the bottom type is fairly accurately by just looking at the bands of color at the bottom of the finder.

Make sure chart speed is maxed out as well as ping speed.  Makes things pretty much real time as far as the readout goes.

Offline TipupRyan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I was thinking about getting one of these instead of a marcum. I really like the graph mode, any suggestions on which one is better?

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I have both the LX3 and the Lowrance, but I will PM you, so not to side track this post

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:15 AM »
I use a float

Offline ga8ehman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:32 AM »
How is the float used with the transducer? I received a yellow foam in the package. I assume that the transducer wire goes through the foam but how far down do you put the transducer into the water?

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:57 AM »
i have the 522c, but i believe it is mostly the same. i just hang the puck just under the ice. Played with that yellow sleeve for a while and couldnt get it to work the way i liked so i took it off. works just fine, although i have noticed that the cord doesn't come straight out of the top of the puck, you have to kind of kink it straight.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline thewalleyewhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Many poeple (myself included) think the wire hanger that you put the transducer on is the weakest part of the over all design of this unit - junk it.  Hang the transducer to just below the bottom of the ice.  When fishing in "flasher" mode - make sure (as someone said before) that you have the split zoom on  (this will show an enlarged version of your jig on the left hand side of the 'flasher' dial and the whole water column on the right hand side - otherwise your jig and fish are harder to see.  Go to the Lowrance website and find the X67C - download the X67C Emulator program.  This is an exact 'cyber-replica' of the X67c that works exactly like the real thing.  As the demo runs  - change some of the settings and watch how it affects your readings.  Find the settings you like and adjust the setting on the actual unit to match.  Tweak them when you get on the ice.  I also advise learning to fish in 'graph' mode.  Many people don't go back to flasher mode once they get used to it.  I find that graph mode gives be a better idea of the size of the fish (although this is a very inexact science)  - and it is nice to have 10 seconds of "history" on the screen when you are busy retying, etc.   Speaking from my own experience (fourth year owning) - don't listen to anyone who says it doesn't work in cold weather or  has a 'lag time'.  I have tried to prove the lag time theory by watching on my cam and  - there is none.  i don't doubt the screen can freeze if stored for long periods of time below zero - but I have (through negligence)  done exactly that  - left in my pickup for three days that dipped WELL below zero and not had a single problem.  My stuff gets abused - but this unit has just kept working. 

Offline tarantula

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:12 AM »
I've owned my 67c now for a little over a year.
I absolutely love the option of switching between
flasher and graph mode. In flasher mode it has
the zoom mode so you can see the bottom 6' of
the water column. I shi**anned the wire trans
holder and just ran the cord through the rubber
grommet in the arm of the holder. Pic shown.

Offline swirusek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:35 AM »
tarantula i did the same thing with my 334c and it works great

Offline Grizzly Rider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:21 AM »
The foam transducer holder from a vex works the best.  Floats right in the hole like a vex ducer.
Ride a grizzly or walk......

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:00 PM »
That is what I use, works great.  Last weekend, I fished right next to a Vex for 5 hours w/o any interferance, than right next to an LX5.  Worked great once I figured out the IR.

Offline qbyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:22 PM »
i need to perfect this machine practice  ::)

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:59 AM »
I've owned my 67c now for a little over a year.
I absolutely love the option of switching between
flasher and graph mode. In flasher mode it has
the zoom mode so you can see the bottom 6' of
the water column. I shi**anned the wire trans
holder and just ran the cord through the rubber
grommet in the arm of the holder. Pic shown.
(Image removed from quote.)

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell :clap:

Offline Moosekill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:05 PM »
My new x67 had a split in the arm that sticks out.  Now I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there or not, it is, so I called Lowrance.  The guy I spoke with at Lowrance told me it was supposed to be there.  He said it was there to allow the wire for the transducer to hang through it.  I asked him about the metal rod and he said that they were forced to include that.  Come to find out, one of their competitors had a patten on the wire hanging down through the arm, so Lowrance came up with the idea of the metal rod, but just "happened" to make it so the rod was the exact same diameter as the wire.  He said it worked a lot better without the metal rod, and the rod didn't even fit well in a 5g bucket.  So there you go.

Offline Jigging spoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2013, 11:41 AM »
I have used this x67 for 4years and love it. I use it for ice fishing and mounted it on front of my boat with transducer on trolling motor and it works great.  I am going to ask a question, can you add GPS on your x67 machine? I know some units come with gaps but can I add it to mine being it didn't come with it.

Offline Jigging spoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2013, 11:57 AM »
  Somehow gaps was put in place of GPS in my post so disregard it. Thank you !

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2013, 12:05 PM »
I have used this x67 for 4years and love it. I use it for ice fishing and mounted it on front of my boat with transducer on trolling motor and it works great.  I am going to ask a question, can you add GPS on your x67 machine? I know some units come with gaps but can I add it to mine being it didn't come with it.

Nope you need the elite4 they sell the e4 with and without gps.
I added a accessory battery under my units battery and wired up a harness with cigarette lighter,+ and - alligator clips and 5 LED UV light. Also an arm that swings out to hold the transducer cable.

"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline JSTDV8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:07 PM »
Sporty, do you know what the difference between the elite 4 and the elite 4 ice machine is?
Fisherman do it in the water

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #20 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:15 PM »
Sporty, do you know what the difference between the elite 4 and the elite 4 ice machine is?

The ice machine comes with the bag ice ducer and battery the e4 is for a boat with the skimmer ducer. the ice bag and ducer is 135 or so then you will need a battery for 20$
Thomas Harris

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:20 PM »
Any interest in seeing/comparing ?    ;)2

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Elite/

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Nice link I will have a elite5x in my ice bag soon!!!
Thomas Harris

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2013, 06:38 AM »
Pretty sure it is the Bag and Transducer. That is what it is on most of the Ice Finders.
<===Lefty===

Offline JSTDV8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Mar 08, 2013, 12:00 PM »

I had already looked there. But it doesn't list the ice machine unless I'm missing something.
Fisherman do it in the water

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #25 on: Mar 08, 2013, 01:01 PM »
Last model listed.  On the bottom of the page that the link takes you to.
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Mar 08, 2013, 01:23 PM »
It is the Elite 5 Ice machine.
<===Lefty===

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Mar 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »
Same unit but the Ice Machine comes with a case, 12V battery & charger and an ice transducer. The standard unit has a skimmer transducer.
The Elite 4 has GPS & the Elite 4x does not.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Apr 04, 2013, 07:12 PM »

the old 67c is 800 watts and the 4 only does 300 watts , the only reason the 67 and 68 aren't made anymore is that the vendors don't make the parts anymore , that came straight from Lowrance  my 67c is 7 yrs yrs old found some on line and ordered another unit and put aside but i have a flasher for a back up 

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Aug 25, 2013, 05:00 AM »

the old 67c is 800 watts and the 4 only does 300 watts , the only reason the 67 and 68 aren't made anymore is that the vendors don't make the parts anymore , that came straight from Lowrance  my 67c is 7 yrs yrs old found some on line and ordered another unit and put aside but i have a flasher for a back up
There is a difference between RMS Watts & Peak to Peak Watts.
The 67c is 800 watts PTP or 100 watts RMS.
The Elite is 2400 watts PTP or 300 watts RMS. 3 X the power.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.