The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 2nd  (Read 32355 times)

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
Re: Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 2nd
« Reply #150 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:24 AM »
To Hungover to fish ?  Pffffttt...  Do the Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz, chug a half gallon of water and drag your sorry arse out here.  Sleep on the bucket if you need to but get here !!!!!!

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #151 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:31 PM »
To hung over to fish??? Never heard of such a thing. Take a man pill and tell her you are going.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #152 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:33 PM »
To hung over to fish??? Never heard of such a thing. Take a man pill and tell her you are going.

lol im never going to hear the end of this one...

i'm single now too...but i plan on being out very late friday night in boston...haha...we'll see...

NEF!

Brian

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #153 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Don't forget your boobie tassels.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #154 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:00 PM »
wow...a birthday nignt in beantown...i agree with PK...dont forget the tassles...... ;)

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #155 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:06 PM »
wow...a birthday nignt in beantown...i agree with PK...dont forget the tassles...... ;)

i'll bring 'em, but they wont be for me  :D

NEF!

Brian

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #156 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:12 PM »
good for you brian...have a good time...see you on the ice shortly.... ;)

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #157 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:09 AM »
what's wrong with this younger generation? one late night and its nap time??
i've got 25 years on Escape, my birthday is the 2nd, i'll be partying fri nite until after the superbowl...

what better birthday present could there be? Fishin' with the Shanty crew...

plus i took monday off

with age comes wisdom..

burp

Lenz
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #158 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:14 AM »
Don't worry guys..... I'll make sure Brian is there! We will continue his birthday party on the ice at Bartons. Hey, Stealth  whatta ya say we hire a dancer to come out there and show Brian her perkys!   Ooops... ya right... it's not a bachelor party! Sorry....  :P -Porter

Offline FallRiverIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #159 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:42 PM »
since when does it have to be a bachelor party....

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #160 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Don't worry guys..... I'll make sure Brian is there! We will continue his birthday party on the ice at Bartons. Hey, Stealth  whatta ya say we hire a dancer to come out there and show Brian her perkys!   Ooops... ya right... it's not a bachelor party! Sorry....  :P -Porter

Way to step up Porter  :thumbsup:

It will be a little party on the Ice

See Ya' Next Weekend,

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline 1KING SALMON

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #161 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:06 PM »
My first Bartons Cove IS gathering and can't waite!!!  

Possible Wine, Women and Song.  Catching fish will never be the same.  now I know why they say, "A Bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work".  Tight Lines...
She said if I went fishing she'd be gone, "I'm gonna miss her"...

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #162 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:14 PM »

;D ;Dis this the tat girl porter? ;)

NEF!

Brian

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #163 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:07 PM »
;D ;Dis this the tat girl porter? ;)
the tat girl you like em dirty ha brian  ;)
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #164 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Brian,
You want a bullseye on the lower back or a rose on the inner thigh >:D  You pick buddy :o  We have to be careful of Keith though :callcops: He'll haul our a**es in!     - Porter

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #165 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Brian,
You want a bullseye on the lower back or a rose on the inner thigh >:D  You pick buddy :o  We have to be careful of Keith though :callcops: He'll haul our a**es in!     - Porter

:D :D :D

NEF!

Brian

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #166 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:08 PM »
forget the bullseye..I was thinking a cute arrow pointing down just above the belt line.....???? ;)

Just kidding brian...have fun...

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #167 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:26 PM »
haha...porter knows who i was talking about originally... ;) ;D

NEF!

Brian

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #168 on: Jan 25, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Ok guys, I'm of a pretty liberal bent, but if I see a giant paper mache' trapping basket getting dragged out on the ice with a tattooed lady jumping out of it..... Well, we just might have a problem there  ;D

Looking forward to seeing you all on Feb 2nd.,

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #169 on: Jan 25, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Ok guys, it's getting a little funny around here. Keep it in your shanty and we will be ok. See you next week.
Capt. How many we got going for sure now?

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 2nd thread due
« Reply #170 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:02 PM »
What:    A gathering of the IceShanty tribe for bass, brats and beer.

When:   Feb 2nd.  Sun up to whenever.  Foul weather date Feb. 9th.

Where:  Bartons cove on the the Conn. River just off of Rt 2 Gill, Ma. at the Power company campground.

I will bring a large propane grill out for communal use.  There is a large parking area that can accommodate 50 + vehicles.  It is an easy commute from anywhere as it is directly off of Rt. 2 in Gill MA just above the Turners Falls dam.  You can expect to catch everything from Perch to Pike and all things in between.  Last year was a great time and this year should be bigger and better.

Merging a couple of threads, this will be the sign up list as well as what you are bringing for food.  I'll amend as more people chime in.

*note I can't keep up on updates in two post, see front page of thread for updates*

Capt. Shay.................. ...........Shrimp on the Barbi'                          GotPike............... ................Meatba ll Subs
Ron Carr.................. ...............Roasted beer can turkey                    FullTimeDad
Jeepsw1............... ..................Salm on steaks/smoked                      Stealth                                                             
Lenz.................. ....................N. Carolina cool aid                           Donny................. ................Vini Chilli              MackUSCG.............. ................Smoked Vinie                                   Huskeybass
Unoman................ ..................Poll ock and shrimp Chowda                Turkeykilla05                    BassandIce65.......... ................Da hot Chili                                     Fishinchick21                                   
BuddyRon                                                                                    BigRedDodge1500
Russell............... ....................Mo re shrimp for the barbi'                   Porter................ ..................John Harvard growlers
1kingsalmon........... .................Chees eburger chowder                       WHITETAILIII.......... ..............venison kielbasa,    bridgedoctor.......... .................baked beans                                                      ...................... ...sausage, and          JDiPerrio............. ...................sau sage peppers and onions                                  ...................... ...marinated steaks      Flaggs................ ...................Cla m Chowda                                    EscapeIsNever     
Popa                                                                                           FalRiverIceman
Imissdem.............. ..................Munc hies                                         AtHiker
Pikeking+1..............................Vinni and home fries                           Knotreely?
Bumps................. ...................pas ta salad.                                    Tacoma?
FallRiverIceman....... .................marin ated beer brats                         RickC?
elcapitanmas                                                                                BuckmanJr?     
Dozindoug                                                                                    cnc13sm?
xxlpickerel                                                                                    Monow-1?   
playhardtte........... .................chips ,dips, etc.                                 Tibbs?
Steelie Man + Son                                                                         IMcheeks?
Senkoman and son                                                                         V16trackerkev?                                   
Reload and son................... ....Pakarskies Bratwurst                           crazycrawler?
Crestliner and son                                                                          Norseman?

See ya all on the Second,

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #171 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Capt, Thanks for organizing this. See you saturday!  - Porter

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #172 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Hey Gang,

Not sure what happened, but some how the Cove thread got locked down.  Perhaps I made some kind of error because I didn't hear anything from admin. and there was no bad language or anything so I must have made some kind of error and locked it down myself.

I hope any of you who are sitting on the fence on this one will take the leap and commit to this great day of fishing and feasting.  The weather at this time is looking good and the food list is over the top.  Now all we can hope for is that the fishes will co-operate.

Muggz, if you see this could you please unlock the original topic for me.  Thanx.

Tight Lines,

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 2nd thread due
« Reply #173 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Wow...40+ potential...200 tilts......very nice...a regular city on ice

I'll start a Bare Hill gathering thread later this week....lets make it a double header....while the BH gathering conflicts with a few area derbies lets go for a double header.... ;)

by the way Capt....my son ATHiker has decided to join us again this year...He'll drag the sled and I'll carry the chowder... ;)

K

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #174 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:44 PM »
The original thread has been put back on track (Thanks FTD) so I'll give it a bump and again encourage anyone who still may be on the fence on this one to go ahead and make the leap to head to Bartons next Saturday for a fine day of fishing and feasting.  The weather is  looking good and the food list is over the top!  Looking forward to putting faces to some names and enjoying a great day on the ice.

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #175 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Holy Crappy!

Over 2800 reads on this thread!

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to this one! It will be great to meet a bunch fellow Ice Fishing coconuts!

So, other than being off rt 2 in gill before turners falls, can anyone tell me the exit off 2 and which direction from there? I NEVER travel 2...

Thanks

Flaggs!

IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #176 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Brian,

Please Porter I'll help the man lol :clap:

Keith

Hey Shay I didn't see who was bringing the beer on that list? HAHAHAHAAHA    ;D

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
« Reply #177 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:51 PM »
Cant make it Capt but will see everyone at bare Hill. 

Offline JDiPerrio

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #178 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Sat
Feb 2  Sunny
 38°/27° 10%  Weather looks good for bartons on saturday see you all there    :)

John

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #179 on: Jan 28, 2008, 05:10 PM »
The best part about Saturday is finally we will all be on a level playing field with Roncarr,Pats and other big fish fisherman on this site ;D  Just kiddin >:D  It will be a blast to meet some of you guys and maybe share some tips/techniques in the process.  :tipup: - Porter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.