Author Topic: LX-3 OR LX-5  (Read 1132 times)

Offline birddog_20

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life is like a box of chocolates
LX-3 OR LX-5
« on: Feb 21, 2007, 09:08 PM »
I am kind of new to flashers my brother has a vex fl8,from what I have been reading I think I want to go with a marcum.Just wanted a little advise on which one,I dont know if it matters but I dont fish anywhere deeper than 50'.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LX-3 OR LX-5
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2007, 09:33 PM »
This may help you decide-->  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=38003.0

If you don't fish over 50' depth and don't fish real weedy areas, I'd say to go with the LX-3tc.    If you fish weedy lakes, the LX-5 with it's 2nd transducer (8 degree cone) would help you "see" better since you would be seeing a narrower window below you. The major differences between the 2 are the LX-5 has 500 more watts of power and a 2nd transducer (8 degree) built into it.
Ken                                          

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2007, 10:40 AM »
You can always go with the new VX1 - only $225-$250 depending on where you buy it.  I was fishing in 75 fow and the readout was great.  No problem marking fish and the zoom feature kicks butt.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline birddog_20

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Thanks for the info.Kinda off lost on the zoom feature (I dont think the fl8 has this) I'll figure it out, thanks again

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Once you use a flasher with zoom, you won't want to use one without it again. It's like hitting the easy button.
Ken                                          

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:46 PM »
I think the zoom feature is a must now...I do sometimes use it too much..when its not needed but its just nice to use. Almost all the units have it now too except the fl 8-se...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.