The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Private Lake Reports  (Read 124051 times)

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
Re: Private Lake Reports
« Reply #690 on: Feb 04, 2016, 10:27 AM »
I never fished either lake but never really heard anything too impressive about them either from guys that have
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #691 on: Feb 06, 2016, 03:27 AM »
Looks like a great day. I love those mr. jiggers I have the dangler too Deadly. Giving these lakes a week to ice up around here . How much ice was on Monroe ? I fish Hollowood, but have not checked it yet.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline arkansaspete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #692 on: Feb 22, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Fished Petes lake today the ice was 4"with a lot of air bubbles in it and was pretty soft when I left at 2:30 the bite was sloooow managed some perch on  :tipup:s and jigged up some big bluegills an seeds Mr jigger caught more than me again ??? Stay safe  A/P :tipup:

Offline YukonCorleone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #693 on: Dec 21, 2016, 08:36 AM »
Anybody been by Page Lake near New Milford in Susquehanna County (NEPA)?  See anybody out on the ice yet?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Fish On!!!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #694 on: Dec 26, 2016, 08:43 PM »
Between my schedule and the iffy weather I decided to meet a friend on a small Pocono lake in Monroe County. I was worried about the dreaded freezing rain so I got up pretty early and drove over two hours North. Arrived at the lake about 7:15 and my friend (jm) wasn't there yet but three of his friends arrived a few min. later. The weather was overcast and in the twenties, looked to be a killer day for jigging. (it wasn't for me) I drilled at least a dozen holes before I marked a fish, which I promptly missed. I was on my forth big move before I marked another fish which I hooked nicely. I groaned as it pulled out some drag since I was looking for pans and it was obviously a bass. However it was nice to ice the first fish of the year just under 15". I set up my in deadliest  Mr. Jigger combo (super soft 36" rod and a Slender Spoon) and continued to fish out the series of five holes. Wasn't marking squat so I placed a Schooley rig in the third hole and continued on by which time Mr Jr. rod was down. Reeled in a fat Pumpkin Seed and grinned; that's more like it! Missed a couple hit on the dead stick and basically went back and forth between the two rigs icing a couple perch a few seeds and some fine gills. I tried jigging all around the hot holes, in between them, didn't matter. The two unattended rods continued to put fish on the ice. There was 5" of ice that was gray on top with about 4" clear. This lake is super shallow and I was only in 5 ft, so often not being over the hole is a huge advantage, especially when the fish are negative. There was little to no wind and we got a pretty steady rain about mid day. By two everyone was heading out and I got crushed in traffic on 22 near Allentown (3pm!). In the end I drove almost five hours and came home with the two meals I was looking for; great to be ice fishing again! Would I do it again; you betcha! ;)
First fish of the season:

Take home, two meals. Small seed is just over 8"

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #695 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:15 PM »
Well, after reading how phenomenal the bite has been at Tobyharlem and the lie known as Promised Land the last few days, had a good feeling about today.
A month ago, had a phenomenal bite, 10 days ago, another bite of the year, today, well.................l earned I'm using the wrong bait. And when you run non-stop from 8-11 and run out of vodka in the process to feed the fuel tank, you realize that you're getting too old to fish good bites.

I've killed way too many of these this winter and they keep coming

And a few hundred of these too

The right bait

After tomorrow, I'm heading back onto the Delaware until its not safe, no more running for flags for me.

Dr. JM

My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #696 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:24 PM »
Nice fish Van.

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #697 on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:05 PM »
Are those tadpoles? How do you rig them?

Offline drew267644

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #698 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Has anyone been out on Wynonah this year?  Think it will survive this 3 day warmup, and 1" of rain on Friday?  Considering a Saturday trip......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.