The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Private Lake Reports  (Read 124057 times)

Offline unklechuckles19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Private Lake Reports
« Reply #660 on: Jan 11, 2015, 07:56 AM »
Any of you guys get on Monroe Lake??  Just wondering if anyone's seen what the ice is like. 

Offline bcrim92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #661 on: Jan 15, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Had a great day today. First outing of the year and caught about 20 in 3 hours. 2 large bass, 2 12 inch crappie and the rest where football size perch. Good luck to everybody!

Offline cmwrestler2008

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #662 on: Jan 15, 2015, 08:24 PM »
anyone have an ice report for latonka?

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #663 on: Jan 16, 2015, 02:25 AM »
Latonka's good to go.

Offline bcrim92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #664 on: Jan 16, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Went out the day before last. Going out tomorrow on Latonka. Most areas have 5 in but some are down to 3. Caught a  good amount of perch and crappie the other day.

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #665 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:31 AM »
I would say all lakes are good to go now. Nice 4+"of good black ice on most :tipup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Susky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #666 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Was out on a couple private lakes this morning near my house.  8 to 10 inches of good ice but bite was slow.  Iced 2 perch and 2 gills.  Marked some other fish that showed interest but no takers. 

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #667 on: Jan 19, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Got out Sunday in Carbon. Ten inches every where I was. Bite was slow. Thought I was gonna get the skunk. Ended up catching about ten dinks and was thankful for even that.  Slowest day I ever had at that lake
compliments of ..... the world famous traveling  jiggly McWiggler ice fishing extravaganza!

Offline cinabear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #668 on: Jan 19, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Fished Chunk & BCL in Carbon Saturday and again today. Bite was very slow. Iced a dz. or so dink perch and gils. Marking every few fish with even fewer takers.

Offline Codyjames215

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #669 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:43 PM »
Any reports on any lakes in Locust Lake  pocono area ?

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #670 on: Jan 08, 2016, 02:32 PM »
Drilled test holes at three sides of bcl in carbon co  only went out about 10 ft from shore. Whole lake is frozen. 3 to almost 4 inches of ice.  Next weekend l be fishin👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍!!!!
compliments of ..... the world famous traveling  jiggly McWiggler ice fishing extravaganza!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #671 on: Jan 08, 2016, 07:21 PM »
Drilled test holes at three sides of bcl in carbon co  only went out about 10 ft from shore. Whole lake is frozen. 3 to almost 4 inches of ice.  Next weekend l be fishin👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍!!!!
BCL ????

Offline nite eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That Sunsab Itch!
« Reply #672 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:38 PM »
Bear Creek Lake
TEAM ICEHOLES

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #673 on: Jan 09, 2016, 05:46 PM »
Why do people who follow "Ice Shanty" have to put up with these private lake reports? The vast majority of us are either not welcome or will never have an opportunity to fish any of these waters. It's totally unfair to us real fishermen who exist primarily in the public domain. As far as that goes,let the private lake ice- fishermen of Pennsylvania put their own website together!
ttt

Offline Tank

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #674 on: Jan 09, 2016, 07:10 PM »
My son and I fished a lake in the high area of wayne county. Not a private lake But could not stand a lot of pressure.About 3 to 3 1/2 in of ice. Caught 13 fish. fished all day.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #675 on: Jan 09, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Why do people who follow "Ice Shanty" have to put up with these private lake reports? The vast majority of us are either not welcome or will never have an opportunity to fish any of these waters. It's totally unfair to us real fishermen who exist primarily in the public domain. As far as that goes,let the private lake ice- fishermen of Pennsylvania put their own website together!
[/quote

Nobody twisted your arm to click this thread.     

I fish  both private and public.

Kind of rude of you to insinuate that those that have access to or fish private water are not real fishermen.   

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #676 on: Jan 10, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Because a lot of us on here fish private lakes that are reported on here, the best thing to do for you, is just don't read it !! ::)
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #677 on: Jan 10, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Had a good 4" in Honesdale Saturday. Jig bite was slow but tip ups where hot ;D
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #678 on: Jan 10, 2016, 04:50 PM »
Because a lot of us on here fish private lakes that are reported on here, the best thing to do for you, is just don't read it !! ::)

I 2ND THIS!!!

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #679 on: Jan 13, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Some of us live in places with private lakes. I often recieve initations to fish local communities. They are not honey holes   Most do not even hold any prized game fish. Just fun days out with friends. Many also offer rentals. Wouldn't it be nice to take a vacation   Ill just tell you ice and fishing reports as I see em. Your welcome 👍

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #680 on: Jan 14, 2016, 03:07 PM »

It's amazing what a pm to guys posting on here will get ya access to. But I guess it's easier to just bash em and make sure you never get an invite  ::) ::)
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #681 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:35 AM »
this is a call out for all yinz pollocks loading up on fish out east,DR. J i got the prescription for you

poonskis i'd like to fish the BIG D.with you
GOD BLESS
mo
, dziękuję
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #682 on: Jan 21, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Paczki, dam straight mo, but not till fat Tuesday, sir, unless grandpa decides to make a few for Christmas.  Dunkin Donuts aint got nothing on us.

Yeah Mo, we're fishing like mad back east here, creating killing fields of bass, been on the ice since the 8th.  Van Cleaver, Arkansaspete have been having field days, life is good.  No need to make people jealous or pissed, so I keep my mouth shut. My stories have been told, nothing has changed.  I am now officially a lurker, but not one anyone has to worry about since no one invites me to public lakes.

Don't worry, I'm out there reading your stuff as it pops up everyday, sometimes its entertaining, sometimes a touch too serious.  Me and Skihunter are taking the day off tomorrow and hitting the river for eyes before the killer storm kills us all.  Both the Susquy and D are safe, time to give the bass and perch a break and go do some easy icefishing

Enjoy Mo.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #683 on: Jan 26, 2016, 01:45 PM »
J Miser,
How are those secret lakes up there treating you lately??

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #684 on: Jan 27, 2016, 07:53 AM »
Hey Jordan,

What's good out in the center of our state? 

No secrets with me.  My lakes have been great with perch and bass.  still haven't seen a soul on the ice this year except for friends.  Got boring quick.  The river was safe last weekend so that's where I was.  Walleye bite was real good.  Some nice perch too.

Waxies have been sold out everywhere, luckily just found some yesterday so I'll probably hit Leisure today, Monroe Saturday, and one of the rivers on Sunday, kill some time.

Just sitting here, reading other people's stories, answering PM's, keeping stories and pics of dead bass by the sled-full on Facebook, living it up.  My lurker ice life in a nutshell.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #685 on: Jan 30, 2016, 04:32 PM »
Fished bcl in carbon. Only two hrs. Ice is six plus clear   Bite was slow. Had my little guy he wanted to go.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #686 on: Jan 31, 2016, 05:49 PM »
Warning if this offends you stop reading. ;) Fished my favorite gill lake in Monroe Co. yesterday. Do to a funeral in the am followed by family food shopping I didn't get on ice til about 2:30. The ice was 5.5in. with snow and some sloppy slush on top. My dead stick and Mr. Jiggers steadily caught fish til around four when I marked and jigged up a bunch. Caught three gills well after dark as well. A few medium perch and one 15'' bass went back along with about ten 8in. plus gills. Not bad for a short day, and the weather was super, sunny and mid thirties with a light wind. Getting ready for a nice dinner! Here's a few shots:

Offline CraigHarris13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #687 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:35 AM »
New to posting but I love seeing the fish! I do most of my ice fishing way up north (plattesburgh NY)ish, because that's where my father is from. However my Pop lives in Beaumont PA and I live in Hanover. It's been quite some time since he's gone ice fishing so I took him our on Saturday on Sylvan Lake in Sweet Valley and we spent 9 hours on the ice and didn't catch a fish :( I would love to take him out sometime on a lake/pond where he could pond actually catch some fish. It had been nearly 20 years since he had been out on the ice and he was happy just to spend some time.

I'd be happy to pay a fee or anything if anyone would be willing to let us out on a private lake they have access too. Plus it would make my grandfather's day which would make me happy. We are just rookies and this is only my second year ice fishing. I bought all my own gear this year and enough to take pop with me. If anyone is interested or wouldn't mind helping me out and getting my grandfather some fish I'd really appreciate it. I'm 27 he's 77 :) respectfull clean courteous people.

Edit*** We target Bass Pike Pickerel Walleye using tip-ups

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #688 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:48 AM »
Van, shoulda came out yesterday buddy, you'd have tripped over the fish that were landed.  If ski puts the picture up, we got some real nice 14 inch crappies in our usual spot, plus everything else in the usual dead pile.  Ice fishing in short sleeves in January sweating like a pig and too lazy to chase flags.  Lost a rod thru the ice, didn't care.  Dad even got a 24 inch pick, first pick of the year, made his day.

In the future Freddie, might need to head towards the back, crappies our last two trips out there.

Dr. JM

Offline StoneCat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #689 on: Feb 01, 2016, 12:46 PM »
Just wondering if anyone fishes mountain lake going towards Thornhurst? Or mudd pond in Suscan? Did some hunting by mud and seems like a nice place I was never back there till I saw new improvements done off Suscan rd th everyone!
What are you going to do,just stand there and worry about it? IF that's the card you're dealt that's the card you play.Just pick up the slack and keep on going.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.