The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Private Lake Reports  (Read 124054 times)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Private Lake Reports
« Reply #630 on: Feb 24, 2014, 04:59 PM »
 :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #631 on: Feb 24, 2014, 05:04 PM »
Glad to hear they're biting in jersey wired!!  :thumbsup:

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline icedd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #632 on: Feb 24, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Where in jersey there getting some big northerns at spruce run

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #633 on: Feb 25, 2014, 07:51 AM »
That's great icedd, don't have quite that many on mine yet but getting there, thanks for the doctor recomendation!!!  :clap: :clap:

Offline arkansaspete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #634 on: Feb 25, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Fished a private lake in Mt Pocono Sun. with J Miser an friends my son came up also. we managed to catch some crappie some nice gills an some small perch couple of bass on tip ups was nice to get some sort of bite the lakes down home have been tough had a good time .    A/P :tipup:

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #635 on: Mar 03, 2014, 05:35 PM »

my favorite private lake has been good to me this year. caught these sunday along with a few 14 inch bass. 2 25 inch pike and a 22 inch channel cat. mr. walleye was 26 inches with a belly full of blue gill.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #636 on: Mar 03, 2014, 06:39 PM »
Nice fish Mick!

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #637 on: Mar 06, 2014, 08:10 PM »
srry for the late report.  fished bear creek carbon co.  saturday.  moved shallower found bigger fish.  thick ice, easy drag, afternoon bite was good.
compliments of ..... the world famous traveling  jiggly McWiggler ice fishing extravaganza!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #638 on: Mar 10, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Nice fish Mark; guessing you were close to home?

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #639 on: Mar 11, 2014, 07:48 AM »
Nothing like a few BUDS to start the day off right.I jump back and forth now.BUD 1 week,PBRs 1 week .Look like you had a bit of fun.Good for you.Im glad your getting out a bit.Were getting out SAT. and Sun. pm me if you want to go.4/24/14 second stocking at my favorite lake.We aint gotta fish,we can eat and drink again.Hope you can make it.11am till the beers gone.Hell we can even wet a line if you want.LOL.See ya soon.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #640 on: Mar 13, 2014, 10:29 PM »
No prob Mark; I would love to get out Sat. but have to do stuff with the spouse. :P Trying to hook something up for Sun. at this point; hoping to maybe get some crappie or perch. I've been catching almost all gills lately in the local lake. I think the ice will still be good up your way the following weekend at least looking at the temps, maybe we can still do a eating, fishing, etc. ;) day. I have some venison sausage, and a nice portable grill. Nice eye, btw.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #641 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:24 AM »
hAVE FUN WITH THE GRANDSON MARK.i HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY.tHE STOCK HOLE WILL BE FILLED WITH BEER AND FOOD MY FRIEND I COUNTING ON YOU TO BE THERE BROTHER.wHEN THEM PERCH START GIVE ME A CALL.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #642 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Fished a good sized lake near Mt. Pocono today from late morning till almost dark. Sunny and cold with a stiff wind that didn't really let up all day. It did cloud up late in the going. The fish were surprisingly active all day and I jigged up a ridiculous number; mostly medium gills, but eight crappie (all over 10") two pickerel (one was about 20") and several small to medium perch. I tossed back the best one, a ten inch female; already was well on my way to my two meals worth. The bite was fairly steady  and I got a nice crappie here and there, mostly in broad daylight. ;D I was fishing extremely stained water in fairly thick cover. At one point I noticed I had six on the ice from five holes spread out about 50 yards. Lost two good fish and jigs in the branches and a couple nice spoons as well. :P All in all a great day though, I kept seven crappie and an 8'' gill and threw back a handful of gills that were that size or better. The ice was 22'' or so ; had to measure by auger depth. The edges were tight for the most part. The gills turned on late but after jigging up silly numbers of them I made a big move to one of the hole where I caught a crappie earlier on, and promptly got a nice one. Another in a nearby hole that went back, before it became medium gill fest again. Tired and windburned, but really glad I pushed to get out.

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #643 on: Mar 17, 2014, 12:53 PM »
fished bear creek in carbon yesterday.  slow bite.  couple of decent perch and 1 sunny.  last week landed 20 in lm  18in lm  26in pick and assorted gills and perch.   shoreline is holding but the ice is getting thinner.  it wont be long now.
compliments of ..... the world famous traveling  jiggly McWiggler ice fishing extravaganza!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #644 on: Mar 17, 2014, 01:23 PM »
Here's a couple from yesterday. Too tired to put them up last night. Ice thickness; the auger is still several inches from hitting water:

A fat pickerel; hey you flopped on my crappie! He went back to control the gills hopefully.

My take home minus one crappie I kept later:

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #645 on: Mar 25, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Fished the same lake as last time near Mt. Pocono. I arrived mid morning so as to miss the Rt. 22 traffic near Allentown. Cloudy with snow, sleet, etc. but none of it was too heavy. Pretty windy though; my face is still a little red. Ice was 16-18'' and the edges rock solid. Fishing was pretty good though I caught way too many small gills. I also jigged up a couple bass, two Pickerel, several small to medium perch, and a decent bunch of crappie; I kept 7 for the next two nights dinner. Best bite was at 3Pm when the crappie were coming hard off the bottom to hit my plastic and jig combo. 5or 6' up. Hooked five or six and iced four in about ten min. all good, solid fish. Good thing too, as I hadn't kept any fish at that point. They then moved off and I never really got on them again though I picked away. The problem was the gills turned on a little after that and made it tough to locate anything else. A few were just about 8'' but I let them go hoping maybe next year there will be some better ones. Might have been my last trip, but if it was it was good way to end the season. :thumbsup:

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #646 on: Mar 27, 2014, 05:18 PM »
Pics from Tues:
Bass like plastic.

Crappie do too:

These were all caught mid day during a brief bite:

Lively battle on my lightest rod courtesy of MJ.

Take home, couple nice meals.

Good night Irene!

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #647 on: Apr 02, 2014, 10:31 AM »
Just got back from my last day on the ice.....april 2nd, no april fools.

The Perch are busting at the seams, I got 13 to clean in 3 hours, I'll take it, all on Tip-ups.

It was a four, maybe five foot step onto the ice, had to walk ankle deep into the lake in order to get onto Pine Tree, but the ice is still plenty safe.  14 inches without breaking a sweat, really wet and soft on top but you still need the power auger to get through.   I did break a sweat given I was all decked out in ice gear and here it was close to 50 out.  Awesome being on the ice in April.

6 calendar months on the ice this year, it should make for an optimistic search for early ice next year.

See you boys next year, time to wait for the eels.

And if anyone cares, the Brodhead fished really awesome yesterday, water is tinted and high and the trout are hitting with reckless abandon.  Some really fat pigs.  Just an FYI (and no, not an april fools).

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #648 on: Apr 07, 2014, 04:40 PM »
just learned how to post a video on photobucket and iceshanty. thought somebody might want to see it. taken march 27, 2014. just click on the pic to view.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #649 on: Apr 08, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Nice work Mick and Bill!

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #650 on: Dec 31, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Is this page dead this year. Not anymore!!  Southwest poconos are lockin up.  Ice should be ready mid next week.  Held the wind today with probably an inch of ice. Really calm right now. I'll bet it starts poppin tonight!!!

Offline cinabear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #651 on: Jan 03, 2015, 08:00 AM »
Happy New Year Jiggly and All!!
Hey Jiggly, Shouldn't be long now. I hope to check BCL some time today.
From the forcast for the coming week, I would expect we can get out by next w/e.
See ya soon. Cinabear 

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #652 on: Jan 03, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Got on a private lake near Mt Pocono for the first time this season. About 1/3 of the lake had 4-5" of clear black ice; the rest was around three or less. Thought it would be red hot with the storm blowing in, but that wasn't the case. Hooked a small perch in the first hole and my next bite was an 11" crappie that came up 5' to strike solidly. Too bad it was the exception not the rule. It started snowing after about an hour, laid down an inch or so; then turned to  sleet, and finally rain. >:( I ended up with three10-11'' calicos plus  another in that range a buddy got. There were several guys out but just not a lot of action. I stayed too long at the fair hoping for a bite that didn't happen. Caught several small perch, a few small gills, several small crappie and a 16'' large mouth bass (released) on my noodle rod. Amused myself by pretending it was a huge perch. Got wind burnt, a little wet, and generally had a good time. ;D  All my jigging rods were covered in ice, and so was my truck by the time I left.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #653 on: Jan 04, 2015, 12:23 PM »
Here's a couple from yesterday. I just about have everything dried out, replaced the broken spring on my Schoolry rig, and just have to go over my jigging gear and see what havoc occurred. Good shakedown though; if you want to know what's up with your stuff; go out on a day like that.  ::)

First crappie of the year; plastic fished neat.

Ziggie; where are the fishes?

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #654 on: Jan 04, 2015, 03:03 PM »
 :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #655 on: Jan 04, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Good for you that you got out and had some action.  I was out Saturday morning for a while and ended up with a few dink gills, a nice gill and a bass that was 14 1/2 inches, all thrown back.  Not too bad for only being out for about three hours but sure could've been better or worse for that matter.  My plan was to fish until 11 or 12, head home to beat the storm, and then go out with the muzzle loader for a while.  Well my plan started out good, I left when the snow started but the closer I got to home the worse the roads got, thankfully I have four wheel drive, and then there were the meat-heads who thought they could still do 90.  When I got home it started sleeting so I gave up on the muzzle loader hunting plan and good thing I did because in a 1/2 hour it was raining.  I

Offline Tank

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #656 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Fished a lake in Northern Wayne county today. Ice very ed from 4 to 6 in. Fishing was decent with some crappie caught.

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #657 on: Jan 07, 2015, 09:13 AM »
Got out on bear creek carbon co. Yesterday   Glad I've been watching the ice. Only about 5 percent of the lake has 4in  The rest is still no where near that. Bite was slow about 20 perch caught mostly dinks.  Just couldn't fish where I wanted.  Great to get out!

Offline cinabear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #658 on: Jan 09, 2015, 11:58 AM »
Checked Bear Creek Lake this morning. 6" of clear ice from shore line out about 300'. Didn't go out any further.
Planning first trip for tomorrow.  Hopefully the fish will cooperate. Looking forward to seeing some of you out.
Be safe and good fishing! 
Ted,
aka: Cinabear   

Offline 2sammich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #659 on: Jan 11, 2015, 05:50 AM »
1st day out for me saturday. Only guy on 120 acre gold key lake, bummer.  Plenty of gills to 9", all on jig and waxies, a few perch to 12" on tip-ups, 2 bass jiggin, and 7 more on tip-ups, all pretty good size. Bass all still swimmin, kept pannies for cakes.  Bald eagle kept me company most of the day. It was frosty, but a great day out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.