Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 240207 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2760 on: Aug 04, 2023, 06:28 PM »
Got my South vaulted ceiling paneling installed and painted. UGH I hate painting. Looks good though and will help brighten the cabin

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2761 on: Aug 04, 2023, 06:44 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent Dave!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2762 on: Aug 04, 2023, 08:21 PM »
Looks awesome Dave  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Long day Marv ??? 

Has been an even longer day for the grandkids, with the passing of their Grandmother, even knowing it was going to happen. They will be here until after the funeral service Tuesday, I will put off doing any interior paint until after they leave. 

My daughter wants to cook some good meals for them instead of all the box lunches they have had so far. I will supply the Pacific Salmon for Sunday

Haven’t kept up on the national weather, but hope it was favorable for those able to get out

And yes posting with this phone sucks

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2763 on: Aug 05, 2023, 05:09 AM »
My condolences to the family IFF :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2764 on: Aug 05, 2023, 05:53 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Condolences to the family Bud.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2765 on: Aug 05, 2023, 06:17 AM »
WS…..thanks for the video, always fun to watch the critters!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2766 on: Aug 05, 2023, 06:39 AM »
58* and sunny.

IFF, thoughts with the family.

WS, thanks for sharing another great video. My nephew has been having some bear issues. The s-i-l saw 2 very nice bucks in the driveway one day last week, my brother said he has his name on one of them.

Drifter, the cabin is looking good.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2767 on: Aug 05, 2023, 08:21 AM »
 Good morning reading 66 on my balcony thermometer with near 70 percent humidity. The sky is partly cloudy. We had a thunder storm pass through between 9PM and 12 AM . Update on flood recovery from Town of Highlands (Fort Montgomery/Highland Falls ) bridge on route 9W is reopened as of some time yesterday. This bridge is slightly north of the Bear Mountain bridge (across Hudson river) and traffic circle. Travel now a little easier to and from the area . Around 2 PM yesterday two trucks  showed up from Verizon and got the sagging power line back to it's normal height. I'm assuming the phoneline is attached to power line. Happy this job is done .  :clap: :clap:
IFF my condolences to you and your family. may the great grandchildren like the salmon.
Ice Wanderer smart idea to take things easy until you can see your chiropractor . may your back be less painful and once you have the adjustment may it relieve your problem.
Wallyworld glad you arrived safely in Ma. enjoy your time with son/D-I-L and grandchildren .
Drifter the ceiling paneling looks nice. May the wind direction have changed and headed the wildfire back in direction of already burned forest .
Whopper Stopper thank you for the video. i hope all was good at the shack and you were able to clear fallen trees from a few more trails.
Hunts2long may your nephew following "Bear area" safety measures make the bears decide to head elsewhere in search for food . Hopefully the two bucks is a sign of another good hunting season for your brother. how is your S-I-L's recovery going.
Eddie i hope all is good  and we see a post from you in coming days.

May everyone have  good Saturday and nice weekend. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2768 on: Aug 05, 2023, 04:35 PM »
Well been a day so far, just booked tickets out tomorrow for Tulsa again, going to see about an another issue that they have had. Miss a week of turn around and some good meals. Dang oh well the company pays for mine while out. Have a good Saturday everyone and a good Sunday if I do not check in tomorrow.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2769 on: Aug 05, 2023, 07:28 PM »
Good evening thankfully the humidity level dropped some during the day now around 50 percent. I saw a high temperature in the middle seventies. Last night's thunderstorm did bring hail and downed trees to parts of my county. No major problems reported .

Fish/hunt4ever may you have a good week in Tulsa and keep your positive attitude about having to spend time away from your family.

Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2770 on: Aug 05, 2023, 07:53 PM »
WS
Had a bear behind my cabin this morning. Was taking a wiz when I heard it walking throuh the bush about 75' from the cabin.
I saw a bear on the beach across from me at my neighbours cabin on Thursday.  Probably the same one.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2771 on: Aug 06, 2023, 05:26 AM »
Morning all,

Spent yesterday afternoon on the ocean on my son’s boat, very relaxing.
Heading home this afternoon.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2772 on: Aug 06, 2023, 05:50 AM »
52* with some fog, it will burn off.

Mr.C, the s-i-l is doing very well, I haven't seen her look this good in years.

WW, glad you enjoyed the afternoon on the ocean, have a safe trip back home.

Eddie must be having computer problems.

Not much planned for today, be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2773 on: Aug 06, 2023, 04:37 PM »
Finished mounting my solar panels today  ;D

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2774 on: Aug 06, 2023, 05:46 PM »
 :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :bow: :whistle: Is everything hooked up???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2775 on: Aug 06, 2023, 06:59 PM »
No. Still need to buy the rest of the system.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2776 on: Aug 06, 2023, 07:43 PM »
All of that looks great drifter, getting things done on vacation and hopefully still some fishing on the side.

Well made it to Tulsa and then hit the plant and worked for a few hours, think I have 15 hours in today so I am sitting down to some mexican food and then head to the hotel afterwards to hit the hay for early morning at the plant.  Hope everyone had a great Sunday and weekend.  Have a great start to the week.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2777 on: Aug 06, 2023, 08:56 PM »
Good evening , I saw an afternoon high temperature around 80 degrees feels like the humidity level has risen since yesterday.
Wallyworld glad you had a nice visit with your son and his family. May you trip home have been a problem free one. In a few weeks your oldest granddaughter will be departing for her freshmen year of college .
Hunts2long nice to hear your S_I_L is doing so well continued good health wished for her. IT must be a relief for your brother and rest of family.
Drifter congratulations on getting the solar panels installed. One step closer to not having generator as lone source of electricity at the cabin . May the bear not become a problem animal.
Oldsailor my all be good with you and the family. Hope your garden is doing well this year .
Fish/hunt4ever good to read you made it to Tulsa safely. May tonight's dinner and a good night's sleep have you ready to go tomorrow morning.

I'm guessing many of the 9:45 were busy today with so few of them posting.  May everyone have a good start to this week. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2778 on: Aug 06, 2023, 09:46 PM »
F4L
Had beer battered lake trout burgers for dinner
They were yummy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2779 on: Aug 07, 2023, 05:37 AM »
62* and rain.

I saw my first buck yesterday, looked like a 6 point.

Drifter, has to be a good feeling having all the panels in place.

Hope everyone has a good Monday and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2780 on: Aug 07, 2023, 05:54 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad to hear your S-I-L is doing well  :clap:  not much deer activity around here yet  :blink:

MrC.....saw 97* on my car thermometer driving home yesterday  ::) 

FH4.....hope the dinner hit the spot  ;D

Drifter.....looks like it's been a productive vacation  :flex: did the wind shift slow the fire down  ???

IFF......good luck with getting the house sale ready  ;)

WS.....not sure if you've explained this before or not, but why do you "bury" the bear bait uner the logs  ???

Eddie.....hope you're doing ok  :)

The drive home was uneventful, seems most of the traffic was heading east yesterday  :thumbsup:  Rain is the word for today so guess it will be an indoor type of day  :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2781 on: Aug 07, 2023, 06:22 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

64 degrees, may see 80 later today. The guessers had everyone bracing for 1"-2" of rain yesterday, as usual nothing happened.

WW... Answering your question, DNR law, to keep deer and small game out of the bait. Obviously once the bears break into the bait all bets are off lol, but the DNR is happy. In MN you can use barrels to contain the bait, not so in WI.

A fairly quiet weekend here, just puttering today.

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2782 on: Aug 07, 2023, 06:38 AM »

Good morning Doug, Wally, ER's,
                             It's 55* and raining here on my hill. ::)
                             Wally..........It must have been relaxing on your son's bo :flex:
                             Doug..........My neighbor have seen bucks every morning on the way to work. :o
                             Dave .........Good job getting the panels installed. :flex: The ceiling looks like tongue and grove paneling, are you painting before you put it up? ???
                             Marv...........Thanks for the video, they are always interesting to watch. :clap:
                             Bud............I'm sorry for your families loss. :(
                             Steve..........Maybe we will be back to a normal summer weather. :unsure:
                             My neighbor and I worked yesterday, painting the cabin at the association, I had 3 different colors on my hands by the end of the day.
                             I didn't get in to see my chiropractor on Thursday, he was on vacation. But I'm planning on getting in today.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2783 on: Aug 07, 2023, 08:14 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Not many out in the hallway this morning, got one errand to run this morning,  been waiting for grandson to fetch a ladder from storage so I can get at some patching that needs done on the house. Think daughter told him to hold off so I wouldn’t be working on the ladder by myself.

The salmon for dinner got put on hold, yesterday in favor of having it today

Well off to do something even if it is wrong

Best to all
Bud

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2784 on: Aug 07, 2023, 08:34 AM »
August 7th wishing we had ice.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2785 on: Aug 07, 2023, 09:07 AM »
IW
It'sthe same wood as on the walls. Painted after install.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2786 on: Aug 07, 2023, 03:09 PM »
Dave beer battered lake trout burgers you say ??? I remember someone bringing trout to one of my walleye fries, and some were run through the beer batter, deep fried and to me tasted horrible.  :sick: :sick:

trophytaker1 Welcome to this thread.  And don’t we all ???

Fish/hunt4ever been meaning to have you refresh my memory.  What’s the product of your plants. ???

Marv that Buck that has been giving me nightmares again, he must still be haunting your neighborhood, he appeared again last night 😂😂😂. You draw a bear tag for this year ???

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2787 on: Aug 07, 2023, 05:40 PM »
Bud....yes I did draw for this season. We have been lightly baiting for the last month. The season starts Sept 13 for bait sitters.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2788 on: Aug 07, 2023, 07:37 PM »
Bud
They need to be Northern Lakers.
Them Southern ones are greasy and taste terrible.
The ones you get up here in our cold Arctic lakes are among the best tasting fish out there.
They are better than almost all freshwater fish. To me they are better than walleye.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2789 on: Aug 07, 2023, 07:53 PM »
Good evening, received some rain over night thunderstorms with high winds are forecast for later tonight so will what happens this time. Looking at my daily newspaper's website I see Farmer's Almanac has released it's long-range forecast for this Winter calling for a return to normal Winter after a mild 2022-2023, Guess by March/early April will know how things were here in NY. and the Northeastern U.S.  .
Drifter glad you were able to do some fishing during your vacation and enjoy a meal of lake trout.
Wallyworld good to read the drive home was problem free and majority of the traffic was headed in the opposite direction. It looks and feels like after a break from higher temperatures and humidity levels they are returning to NY.
Whopper Stopper thank you for explaining why you use a covered bait pile for the bears. I figure a bait barrel might not be legal. best wished for you once this year's season starts. I have been getting emails from Office-Depot about return to school sales you may want to check their and similar websites for a deal on a laptop.
Ice Wanderer may those bucks still be in the area come hunting season. I hope you were able to see chiropractor today.
IFF may you and your grandson have any roof patch jobs completed at the WI. property .
Trophytaker 1 welcome think you have posted in the 9;45 before. when dealing with high temperatures and humidity think we all dream of ice fishing.
I will try and remember to give mason Eddie a phone call tomorow to see how he is doing after his procedure. Hopefully all is good and only computer issues keeping him from posting.

Stay safe keep healthy. Have a good night, best to all fishing.
  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.