Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 238583 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2730 on: Jul 31, 2023, 09:40 PM »
Good evening another pleasant low humidity day enjoying while it lasts. No movement today on cleaning up the cut tree section so people can return their vehicles to parking spots or returning sagging power supply line for my building to it's proper height . If nothing happens tomorrow will make some phone calls.
Fish/hunt4ever nice to see the family and you using the SXS and catching some fish over the weekend.
IFF may you have arrived safely at your brother's resting place and it not have been to emotional of a day for you .
Whopper Stopper may the hair pruning have you looking sharp and your head feeling cooler.
Ice Wanderer after not hearing baseboard type heat for a while always seems loud and a strange news. May you be able to keep a fire going in the wood boiler so the baseboard system does not come on again. It was interesting to find out the informant in Newburgh Four case was also owner of the limo company involved in the Schoharie county crash.
Hunts2long nice that you had a fishing rod to suit Lindsay's kayak fishing needs among your rod collection .may Luis's flight have arrived on time and safely .
Wallyworld good to read the apple-zucchini bread past your taste test. Agree things could have been much worse when the tree came down . just a thought maybe your fire dept should visit local supermarkts and malls to sell the raffle tickets may see higher sales and funds raised.
Drifter nice work on the sprinkler system i assume lines will be drained before Winter to prevent freezing since part of system is above ground.

Have a good night. best to all fishing this week.
  Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2731 on: Aug 01, 2023, 04:12 AM »
Just pulled into rest area for a much needed nap, at Avon MN thinking I had passed St Cloud, would have liked to motor past Marv’s jungle before the sun come up.  Now to figure best way out the outer side and on into Wisconsin
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2732 on: Aug 01, 2023, 05:30 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                           It's 46* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Bud.........Have a good nap, and be safe driving through Marv's jungle. :thumbsup:
                           H2l..........Kudos for Lindsay for fishing out of the kayak, I know people do but I couldn't do it. :flex:
                           Wally.......I called down to the orthopedic dept. and talked to the woman that does the scheduling. She said that it was good that I called because
               they had some computer issues. Anyway I told her that I had my dental release and next week I have an appointment with my primary doctor, so my surgery
               date is September 14th. :clap:
                           Steve.......It amazes me how they can leave power lines sagging with the possibility of something hitting it. :blink:
                           Marv........I hope you looked good for your lawn mowing. :thumbsup: :roflmao:
                           I have blood work this morning, then its back to stacking the firwood, my wood shed is full to the brim.
                           I hope everyone has a good tuesday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2733 on: Aug 01, 2023, 05:31 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading to the lake, will check back in later  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2734 on: Aug 01, 2023, 06:13 AM »
52* and sunny.

WW, good luck today. I am giving the weather another day, I don't think we have had this many days in a row of good weather, plus, tomorrow's winds are better for me. The BIG plus is the wife has some things she wants done today.

IFF, glad the trip is going well.

IW, I don't think a kayak and I would get along very well either.

Had to wait a the airport about a half hour, Luis had a good flight, just a 3 hour layover in Detroit.

Have a good day and be well.h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2735 on: Aug 01, 2023, 06:52 AM »
Good morning everyone.

65 degrees getting close to 90 by the afternoon.

I am off to my Sisters for a day of sorting. She has a pile of car batteries (26) that we are going to take to a recycling dropoff site.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday.

Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2736 on: Aug 01, 2023, 07:02 AM »
Morning all, just popped in for a quick hello. I haven't been on much aside from quick weather reports, and the summer has blown by. It's already time to take little man to go register for school after work this afternoon  :blink:

Not much new here, we've been in a severe drought all summer, so I haven't gotten to do much fishing. The rivers have been too low to launch the boat  :'(

Other than that, just been really busy with work. We're in the process of implementing companywide integration software, and I'm on the process team, so meetings and work on the database have been eating a lot of my time. I think the tentative go-live date for it is a bit of a pipe dream, but we'll see... I could be wrong, I often am  ;D

Anyhoo, back to the salt mines. I've missed way too much thread to even begin to catch up, but hope yall are well.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2737 on: Aug 01, 2023, 06:09 PM »
Another great day in the books

Back at it tomorrow!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2738 on: Aug 01, 2023, 06:10 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2739 on: Aug 01, 2023, 08:37 PM »
Evening, pleasant day enjoying the lower humidity rates currently reading 70 on my balcony thermometer with humidity level just under 50 percent . :thumbsup: The tree cutting are still preventing still preventing people from using their parking spots also no action taken on sagging power line. I did hear the engine of a larger truck this afternoon looking out window saw a bucket truck exiting my complex so maybe a scouting crew and tomorrow we will see som action on this issue. The truck may also have been from the cable TV/internet & phone service provider for my complex.
IFF may you have arrived safely at your Wisconsin home and got through the "Jungle area of Minnesota as W.S. calls it with no delays or problems.
Ice Wanderer some cooler morning by you lately hope the wood boiler fire lasted through the overnight hours and base board heat did not come on again . Good to read you are cleared for surgery and have a date scheduled. Guessing you may not go to Maine this fall or if you do there will be no fishing . I agree about the sagging power line and hope no large vehicle tries to get under it and brings it down to the ground and causes another black out. I realize at time of power outages the work crews primary job is to restore the power and I have no idea how many the hours the crew that was here had been working. Tomorrow I will call power company's customer service and see what they tell me .
Wallyworld congratulations to Mr.WW and you nice walleye catch and a couple bonus crappie.  :clap:
Hunts2long may your fishing plan yield a good catch and day on the water. hope you finished all the projects on your wife's list . Good to read Luis arrive safely with a slight delay .
Whopper Stopper may you have more of your B-I-L's collections sorted. Any problems getting the recycle center to accept some many car batteries .
Zcm-82 ,welcome back seen your posts in the one weather thread. may your area receive some needed rain over several days and not a major storm causing flooding and other problems. best wished for the software integration my siter was involved with upgrades when she was working for an insurance company. Many hours pent on a few Saturdays and Sunday's geting things to run correctly so when business hours arrived on Monday customer's could access their system with no problems.

keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2740 on: Aug 02, 2023, 01:58 AM »
Steve well I did loose my clearance/taillights in the jungle, haven’t figured out if there’s a fuse out or what had knocked them out, could be the light switch. Had done an update and see it got lost in the shuffle. Feeling like I should be able to sleep a week. Got to the house about 1:00 pm yesterday  now to let the dust to settle
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2741 on: Aug 02, 2023, 04:59 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                         It's 47* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Steve.........I hope you get an answer from the power company. :unsure:
                         Bud............I hope  you can get the lights fixed. :whistle:
                         Marv.......... Your BIL sure had an array of different things. :blink:
                         Wally..........Nice catch,  :clap: How were the winds, it was breezy here. :whistle:
                         Zcm...........It's nice to see you chime in. :thumbsup: We've had nothing but rain up here and the Hudson River is at spring levels. :o
                         After my blood work I ran some errands then I stacked some of the free firewood on a pallet next to the wood boiler. I'll do a little each day.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2742 on: Aug 02, 2023, 05:11 AM »
48* and clear.

WW, that is a good day on the water, good luck today.

Going to be a cool start of the day, will check back in later....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2743 on: Aug 02, 2023, 06:43 PM »
H2L.....hope you had a good day on the water  :)

Despite the massive floating weeds/grass and the HORRIBLE little midges, we managed 4 keepers, 4 shorts and 1 perch before throwing in the towel

Should have gone back to Delta Lake but decided to give Oneida a go again, hoping the weeds/grass situation had cleared up, it hasn't  :%$#!:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2744 on: Aug 02, 2023, 09:12 PM »
Good evening the pleasant weather continues here weather guessers calling for rain /thunder storms on Friday. Hopefully there will be no problems. I emailed the property management company this morning received reply that there is an emergency ticket/work order in with the power company to return sagging line to normal height off of the ground. The company which mows lawns  here at the complex was working today. employees from the company cut up the tree section and disposed of the wood in the woods row separating condo complex from neighboring properties. So that concern is resolved my next-door neighbor happy to have her parking spot back.
Latest update from Town of Highlands (Highland Falls/Fort Montgomery) area residents still waiting to receive FEMA funds to repair homes. The town has declared 90 residences as uninhabitable. Congressmen for the area trying to get FEMA officials to come in person to see the damage hoping it will speed things up.
Also saw a news article saying Covid-19 infections starting to rise in certain sections of NYS . So to my fellow New Yorkers keep alert of this situation.

IFF may you get the tail/clearance light problems figured out and repaired. Good to read you made it home safely to your Wisconsin property .
Ice Wanderer hopefully by this weekend the power line is back to normal height. I heard that last Saturday night the power company was responding to 100 outages in the Greater Newburgh/New Windsor area. So who knows how much repair work the have to complete. During an outage work crews main job is to get power restored as quickly as possible and then take care of other issues after outages are resolved. Good idea doing a little stacking of the free firewood each day until it is all stacked. Looks like you will have a surplus going into Fall/Winter.
Hunts2long may it have been a good day on the water for you with a limit of walleyes caught.
Wallyworld thank you for the photo and report .Sounds like conditions at Oneida lake are not the best currently congratulations on your catch.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the reply to my personal message. Just want you to know your PM in-box is full so time to go through and delete some of the messages you have received over the past few months.
I see Tomturkey's name among the list of logged-in members at times guessing he is still having computer issues or just chooses not to post in the 9:45 anymore.  I miss his stories .
OldSailor,Icefher-45 may all be good with you gentlemen and your families .

May everyone have a good night. Best to all fishing .
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2745 on: Aug 03, 2023, 05:21 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 49* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                       Steve..........Sagging power lines are not a high priority unless they are over a main roadway. :cookoo:
                       Wally...........Good job fishing in the conditions. :thumbsup: :flex:
                       H2l..............I hope you had some success on the lake. :unsure:
                       Marv............Were you able to get all the batteries to the recycle center? ???
                       Eddie...........I hope all is well with you. :thumbsup:
                       OS...............I hope you have completely recovered from you pneumonia. :flex:
                       Bud..............Hopef ully you can get things ready in Wisconsin to sell the northern camp. :unsure:
                       I got a lot of my wood stacked despite some back issue I got from painting a soffit last Sunday. This morning I'm going to my bonecracker
               for an adjustment.
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2746 on: Aug 03, 2023, 05:48 AM »
Good morning Jeff and any others up and about

Jeff  the.make ready on the house is at a standstill due to the grand daughters crew is up from SC. Her mother in law’s health has taken a turn for the worst doctors said she may only have 48 hours.  I’ve been entertaining the little ones in the RV so they can watch movies and a place to sit other than on the floor in the house. All the furniture has been removed in preparation for interior painting.

Still on the warm side for over night temps here 65* foggy at present should give way to upper 80’s later.

So for now it’s a wait and see day for me.  Will get myself another coffee and check back later
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2747 on: Aug 03, 2023, 06:55 AM »
57* and sunny.

WW, another good trip in the books, those bugs can be a pain.

A cool start to the day and I think I had my sweat shirt off for about an hour. Got rained on a couple times, caught 6 walleyes and a SMB bass, 2 walleyes were just over 15 inches.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2748 on: Aug 03, 2023, 08:04 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....it did start out pretty cool but then bam......hot hot hot again, no breeze at all which turned the midges on  ::)

MrC.....the FD raffle runs from June thru Oct so it gets moved around quite a bit, fairs, Friday night races, local quick stop stores, high school football games, etc  ;)

IW.....sounds crazy having the heat kick on in August, see temps were in the 30s a couple nights ago in Old Forge and Saranac Lake  :o

Eddie.....hope you're doing ok, think you were scheduled for a procedure this week  ???

WS.....any relief from the heat out there yet  ??? think of all the $$ saved by not having to mow  :whistle:

IFF......sorry to hear of your granddaughter's M-I-L's status, prayers sent for all   :(

Going to MA tomorrow for a visit so the bakery will open for a bit today  ;)2

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2749 on: Aug 03, 2023, 10:16 AM »
Blackberry pie

And chocolate peanut butter bars

A new recipe from a friend  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2750 on: Aug 03, 2023, 12:25 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Getting close to the 90 degree mark again today, with a dew point at about 70. The guessers are saying this is the last nasty day with a handful of cooler days expected next week.

I have been following along daily, just not posting much, being I am limited to just the phone. I am glad everyone is doing well :thumbsup:

Bud...Glad you were able to navigate through the jungle with no problems. I had to go down there yesterday and hated every minute of it. The construction in many areas just plain sucks. It probably wasn't to bad sticking to the main highways.

IW.... We ended up dumping the batteries at an auto parts store. I can't say as the guy was very happy with the 26, but he took them.

WW...Congratulations on the excellent fishing outings :clap: :clap: Your blackberry pie and peanut butter bars look fantastic :thumbsup: No kidding on saving $$ by not mowing. Usually I have to mow 1x a week, I just did #4 for the season Monday.

Not much going for the weekend here. I will be spending tomorrow at my sisters doing more sorting. I would like to get back to the shack over the weekend for another day of cutting and baiting. The last couple of times up there I got bit by deer ticks and had a rough few days from the reaction.

Hope you all have a good weekend when it finally gets here :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2751 on: Aug 03, 2023, 04:34 PM »
Well this week has been an interesting one at work, our sister plant had to take their ICP down for maintenance and sent us samples, we caught another error that they missed again on analytical so might be out here Saturday running more samples from them. Just as the OT was cut saying need pre approval for the OT and u was looking at getting out if here around 2 or 3 tomorrow. Oh well that is how it goes. We also went from 95 or higher for the highs to the low 80 and even some 70's so it has been nice we will see how it continues into fall, see if it frosts and my dove hunting for the year shot before it ever starts on the 1st of September. Guess we will see. Have a good one everyone. Tomorrow is Friday yeah.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2752 on: Aug 03, 2023, 06:28 PM »
Well back to square one on lights problem, I hate shorts in wiring  :cookoo: :cookoo: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2753 on: Aug 03, 2023, 09:10 PM »
Steve
The fire sprinkler system was designed to be self draining.  ;D

They're still working on that fire NE of me.
Saw 4 of our NWT water bombers heading there yesterday afternoon while fishing.

Here's an article on the fire.

https://cabinradio.ca/139003/news/yellowknife/sharing-your-nwt-vacation-with-a-wildfire-and-28-firefighters/?fbclid=IwAR2zb6od0OviOthpSlz-W4z3Bv1kGUIzAIqr8jolfag2gLiAMjeHibcGON4

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2754 on: Aug 03, 2023, 09:51 PM »
Good evening pleasant weather continued today rain in tomorrow's forecast so see what happens once it arrives hopefully no problems this time. We are still waiting for a crew from the power company to make an appearance and fix the sagging line.
Ice Wanderer if no one shows up tomorrow will call power company customer service and see what they tell me as to an estimated repair date.
 May you back be feeling better after the adjustment.
IFF sorry to hear about your granddaughter's M_I_L my prayers added to all the others . Good you have the RV and a way to entertain the great grandchildren.
Hunts2long congrats on your catch of walleyes despite the on-off rain .
Wallyworld thank you for the information on the fire dept. raffle. Like all of your baking the pie and bars look great. may the grandchildren approve of the new recipe. Have a safe trip to MA.
Whopper Stopper i forgot you only have your phone to post with currently . glad the auto parts store took all of the batteries for recycling. may you and your sister get some more of Arnie's collection sorted this weekend. All the best to you on next trip to the shack .
Fish/hunt4ever may you not have to work to many hours this Saturday. Good to read that like me you are now enjoying cooler temperatures .
Drifter thank you for the info. on the cabin's sprinkler system. May it work as designed and the lines drain properly. Also thank you for the cabin radio link . If my memory is correct your cabin is on prosperous lake and sits between the wildfire and city of Yellow Knife. May the fire crews get the fire under control and put out .
Eddie may your procedure have gone weel all the best wished for your recovery .

Keep safe,stay healthy. Have a good Friday and weekend.
   Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2755 on: Aug 03, 2023, 11:38 PM »
Steve
Yes I'm on rhe Northend of Prosperous Lake.
Wind is switching tomorrow for a few days and will be pushing the fire away from me. Hopefully back into already burnt sections.  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2756 on: Aug 04, 2023, 04:08 AM »

Good morning Dave, ER's,
                            It's 55* and cloudy, it rained all night. ::)
                            Bud.........I'm sorry to here about your daughter's MIL. :(
                            Dave.......Hopefully the fire gets pushed into already burnt forest. :unsure:
                            Steve......I've learned that the power company doesn't move real fast unless it's a danger of hurting someone. :whistle: My chiropractor was out of the
               office until Monday. :%$#!:
                            Wally.......Nice looking desserts. :thumbsup:
                            Marv.......That's a lot of batteries, but if the law says that an auto shop has to take them back, then he can't complain.
                            H2l.........Not a bad day out on the lake. :clap: :flex:
                            Fish........Maybe you won't have to work too long on Saturday. :unsure:
                            So with the chiropractor out, I took it easy yesterday and will again today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2757 on: Aug 04, 2023, 04:57 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....fingers crossed the wind shift helps firefighters get control  ;)

IW.....sorry to hear you have to wait until Monday, hope the rest is helping your back  :-\

WS....posting from a phone can be a real PITA  ::)  good luck with today's sorting  :flex:

MrC.....hope the power crew gets the lines fixed soon  :unsure:

We'll be heading east shortly, hope everyone has a good weekend.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2758 on: Aug 04, 2023, 06:15 AM »
61* more rain, got some heavy rain last night, lots of thunder. Scout didn't like it.

IFF, your family is in our thoughts.

WW, blackberry pie looks good, safe travels. Weekend weather looks pretty good.

Drifter, good luck with the fires.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2759 on: Aug 04, 2023, 06:37 AM »
H2L  not much going on here sure is quite, 69* and getting warmer by the minute

Wish now I hadn’t read that about Marv’s deer ticks. Don’t know if there is anything to repel the nasty buggers

Steve mentioned Not seeing Tom Turkey posting here for a long time, and then I see a hen with half dozen poults. Walk though the yard here. 

Well looks like I will have to crawl under the RV and see if I can locate where the wires run to the back, just ruled out it being a fuse as the front markers are working. 

May as well grab another coffee and get on way this day

Best to all
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.