Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 238616 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2820 on: Aug 11, 2023, 03:14 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

65 degrees with rain and storms in the area. Mr. Muggy came to visit, luckily he didn't bring his big suitcase.

I am loading up a few things for a run to the shack this morning. I had planned to spend a day or so up there working on storm damage but that got changed on me.

I got a call last night from a lady that I had bid a big job for a couple of months ago. I figured she found someone else because at that time I told her my time was slim and if she wanted me to do it I would like to get right on it. Anyway, two months later she wants it done as soon as possible so I will start Monday.

I need to go to the shack to do bait but more importantly to get my 4 wheeler for her job. I am guessing it will take a week to get done with the trees which will really cut into everything thats been going on. The good thing is, I will be getting closer to being able to hang my "Closed for the season" sign up :whistle:

Hope everyone has a good Friday :thumbsup:. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2821 on: Aug 11, 2023, 04:11 AM »
Good morning Marv.,😁

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2822 on: Aug 11, 2023, 04:23 AM »
Good morning Dom ;D

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2823 on: Aug 11, 2023, 05:05 AM »
65* and clear.

Drifter, good luck with the fires.

WS, enjoy the trip to the shack.

Eddie, you have been in my thoughts often.

Lunch was good yesterday, went to a new place called The Mountain Hut.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2824 on: Aug 11, 2023, 05:25 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 55* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Wally..........Your mower looks good, hopefully it will last another 20 years. :thumbsup:
                           Marv...........That sounds like a big tree job you are going to tackle. :flex:
                           H2l.............New restaurants are always a gamble, I'm glad it was a good lunch. :clap:
                           Fish............That's good news that the Tulsa plant can stand on their own. :whistle: Hopefully you made it home safely. :thumbsup:
                           Dave...........Those fires sure are raging havoc in your area, hopefully the winds die down to keep them from spreading. :unsure:
                           Eddie...........Along with everyone else, our prayers are with you.
                           Dom............It's nice to see you dropping by. :clap:
                           Yesterday I had to get some bloodwork done then I went home and finished stacking the wood pile that was in front of my woodshed. I still have
                  another wood pile  to do. It's the wood that I got in the spring that the county had cut. I'm thinking of just leaving it where it is and start with that first.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2825 on: Aug 11, 2023, 05:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  59* and fair skies, high of 76.

Steve…Thank you for the phone calls and sharing some of the information with everyone for me, very much appreciated.

Just a quick hello this morning to give my Thanks and appreciation to all. As Steve mentioned, I was in the hospital for an extended period of time, had some complications with my surgery. On the road to recovery now… :thumbsup:
   Have a lot of catching up to do, will try to give a better reply later today….Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2826 on: Aug 11, 2023, 05:48 AM »
Welcome home Eddie  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  take your time and get well, we're all glad to hear from you again  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2827 on: Aug 11, 2023, 06:09 AM »
Welcome back Eddie  :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2828 on: Aug 11, 2023, 07:24 AM »
Eddie, have a good recovery and take it slow and easy! I've been there, done that!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2829 on: Aug 11, 2023, 07:32 AM »
Welcome home.....h2l
Northville, NY

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2830 on: Aug 11, 2023, 07:51 AM »
Well one last day here and then headed to the airport and homeward bound. Interesting events down here so we will see how it goes once I leave. Have a great Friday everyone and hope you all are doing great on this day.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2832 on: Aug 11, 2023, 01:29 PM »
My herd of pickup trucks.
It's OK my side by side identifies as a pickup   ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2833 on: Aug 11, 2023, 04:58 PM »
At my neighbours cabin this morning.
Sow and cub at 7am and another bear at 10am.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2834 on: Aug 11, 2023, 05:19 PM »
Nice pictures Dave :thumbsup:

That bottom one looks like old "Chunky Monkey" himself :flex:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2835 on: Aug 11, 2023, 05:31 PM »

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2836 on: Aug 11, 2023, 06:10 PM »
OMG…..those raccoons, so cute  ;D thanks for sharing WS !!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2837 on: Aug 11, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Good evening another pleasant day here in the Mid-Hudson river valley. The rest of Summer could stay like this and i would be happy. In sign that Fall is approaching received Email from Cabelas there Fall Hunting sale has started and runs until end of August. SO to those who hunt check their website for items you need on those on your "wish" list.
Eddie welcome back joining the rest of 9:45 in wishing you a good post surgery recovery .
Whopper Stopper best wished for you with the tree job pace your self so you do not burn out with all currently going on in your life. Thank you for the videos may the buck/bucks still be around come hunting season. Iwas surprised to see the deer back at the one tree after a coyote had marked it's territory .
Raquettedacker may all be good with you and the family. I'm assuming some of those guests are members viewing/looking for new posts before deciding to log-in since you can access certain areas of the website without being a member.
Hunts2long nice to read you had a good lunch with Lindsay and her BF .
Ice Wanderer may the blood work results show all is good and you are ready for the surgery. Do you have any idea of how many cords of firewood you will have on site heading into this Fall/Winter.
Wallyworld hope it was a nice day in central NY. and folks in the Veron area effected by the tornado are starting to pice their lives back together.
OldSailor hope all is good out your way and the garden has produced well this Summer.
Fish/hunt4ever may all have gone well at the Tulsa plant today and you currently be on your way home to Wyoming.
Drifter thank you for the photos from your neighbor's stay alert especially when outside at the cabin. I was wondering if Yellow Knife was seeing an increase of wildlife within city boundaries given all the wildfires. May not to many bears and other animals have to be euthanized to protect the public.

Have a good Weekend folks. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2838 on: Aug 11, 2023, 10:34 PM »
Get well soon Eddie.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2839 on: Aug 12, 2023, 05:41 AM »
51* and clear but they are predicting some rain this PM.

WS, that is going to be a "very" nice buck, thanks for the videos. The fawns are growing fast..

The wife and I will be heading west later this monring for the reunion, have a good day and be safe...h2l

Eddie, SLOW AND EASY!!!
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2840 on: Aug 12, 2023, 07:19 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....have fun at the reunion  :) hope the weather doesn't become an isuue   :nono:   safe travels  :)

Eddie.....praying each day finds you feeling a little stronger  ;)

WS.....x2 on MrC's comment about pacing yourself, lots on your plate these days  :wacko:

IW.....leaving the wood piled for burning first sounds like a good plan  :thumbsup:

MrC.....weatherman says more wild weather today  ::)

FH4.....safe travels home  :)

Drifter.....so sad those poor animals lose their homes to fire then get killed for trying to survive  :'(

Looks like an indoor putter day today while waiting to see if the weatherman guessed right or not  :unsure:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2841 on: Aug 12, 2023, 08:48 AM »
Made it home around 11 last night, good travels brought home some doughnuts fornthe family. Now deciding if I should gather everyone and go to the lake or just hang out. Right now just watching alone and seeing how the contestants are doing, watching this one for the 2 from wyoming to see how they do. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2842 on: Aug 12, 2023, 10:17 PM »
Well I had a crappy day. Have been working on cleaning up around the cabin. They are telling us to make sure we leave our cabins by Mondayat 8AM.

Got the last of the sprinkler hoses and piping done. I tested it and had a pipe in my ceiling fail. Big flood and lost about 40% of my insulaton.

Hopefully my cabin is still here next weekend.  :'(

Fort Smith where our head office is have been told to evacuate and they have to be out by midnight.

We shovelled most of the wet insulation out the loft window. It'sblanketing the back of the cabin. It may actually help as it's fireproof. 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2843 on: Aug 13, 2023, 05:27 AM »
Drifter......so sorry to hear that, sending prayers  :'( :'(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2844 on: Aug 13, 2023, 06:09 AM »
63* and foggy.

The reunion went well and the only rain we saw was around Weedsport on the way out. The b-i-l was to follow us home, I told him where to get off the Thruway and we would wait for him there. We waited 1 and a half hours, no John. He decided to follow GPS which took him off the thruway at Utica and up into the hills, no cell service, we finally got a hold of him at our house, wife was not happy. What is more surprising is that his cell phone worked at our house.

Drifter, you are in our thoughts.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2845 on: Aug 13, 2023, 06:13 AM »
Good morning everyone.

Dave....Hang in there.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2846 on: Aug 13, 2023, 08:31 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

64 degrees, the temps aren't going up much today. Rain tonight according to the guessers :whistle:

Yesterday the girls and I spent the day at my Sister's. My wife and I spent most of the day raking and picking up sticks from a storm that went through Friday night. My s-i-l spent a good portion of her time painting the barn door.

Once we were done we grabbed the brush saw and chainsaw and made a spot for my sister to put up her hunting blind for bow season. She has taken a few deer with her crossbow, so she was excited about her new spot. We made it so she can drive her sidexside within 10 yards of the blind, limiting how far she will need to use her walker.

Weather dependent I want to start my big job tomorrow. I also heard from the Gun Club yesterday that they need me for 2 days as soon as possible ???

Today will be getting all my junk together and everything gassed up. These next couple of weeks are going to be crazy :cookoo:

Hope you all have a good Sunday.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2847 on: Aug 13, 2023, 09:55 AM »
WS…..good luck with all the work the next couple of weeks, try to not overdo  :whistle: :nono: :flex: :wacko:

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2848 on: Aug 13, 2023, 10:59 AM »
Dave, praying the fire misses the cabin and you find all is well!! :thumbsup: :flex: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2849 on: Aug 13, 2023, 07:42 PM »

South side of the lake.
This is where the people of Fort Smith were evacuated to.
They are all headed South to Alberta now.

South Western NWT.

Don't know if we could get out if we wanted to. Maybe run up the diamond road to the end. Take the boat and camper and have a little vacay. ;)

Our route to Alberta is closed in 2 locations. ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.