Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 239303 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2670 on: Jul 22, 2023, 02:46 PM »
A few pictures of some floats in the parade today. Did not start taking until it was almost over was just watching and not thinking

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2671 on: Jul 22, 2023, 02:50 PM »

The mobile bar, these guys and gals where pouring what looked like beer on each other and making like a good old western bar.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2672 on: Jul 22, 2023, 05:09 PM »
Got 10 of my 16 panels mounted.
Waiting on parts to get the rest of the mounts installed so I can mount the last 6 panels.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2673 on: Jul 22, 2023, 05:20 PM »
Just a quick note, just back to great nephew’s home from successful trip to ocean for salmon  pictures later

The 5 keeper’s
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2674 on: Jul 22, 2023, 06:14 PM »
                                                                AWESOME IFF :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2675 on: Jul 22, 2023, 06:35 PM »
Good ride today, 50 bikes, $1,075 being donated to the local Feed Our Vets organization  :thumbsup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2676 on: Jul 23, 2023, 12:58 AM »
Good morning all

WW dang that’s a nice looking machine

Was a long day, up at 2:30 am to trailer the boat over to Long Beach, Washington at 5:00 am in order to cross the “Bar” which I’m told is the most dangerous bar on the west coast when the tide is at a low. The coast guard didn’t issue a it’s safe for small crafts to return to the Columbia river from the ocean until 11:15 AM

I am assuming the pictures are from Cheyenne frontier day’s parade ???

Lots of salmon fillets to vacuum seal and freeze to take back east, Nephew cooked some on the grilll for supper that was awesome 👏   

Think I need to find my pillow again before daylight gets here again

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2677 on: Jul 23, 2023, 05:16 AM »
54* this morning and sunny.
F/H4, thanks for sharing the "parade".
WW, glad you had a good day for the ride.
IFF, nice fish.
Just got back from taking Amber's boyfriend to Albany airport, he is going to CA. for a family wake.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2678 on: Jul 23, 2023, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

FH4....thanks for sharing the pictures, looks like fun  :clap:

IFF.....glad you're getting some time on the water, congrats on the catching  :thumbsup:

H2L....looks like a HOT spell this week  ::)

Drifter.....fingers crossed you have more "safe" days than "unhealthy" ones  :-\

WS.....hope you didn't find any storm damage at the shack  :unsure:

IW.....a nice weekend to be working outside  @)

Eddie.....hope all is good with Mom and Blake  :)

Nothing much planned for today other than just enjoying the nice weather  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2679 on: Jul 24, 2023, 05:06 AM »
Good morning everyone! Hope you all had a decent weekend, me not so much as things took an unexpected turn on Saturday. But I best start at the beginning…..

I was starting to think the weather guessers were up to their normal BS as I closed in on the shack shortly after dawn on Friday morning. Two miles out there wasn’t a twig or leaf to be found on the ground. By the time I was half a mile from the shack the landscape took on a different look. There were windrows of leaves along both shoulders with lots of sawdust from where trees had earlier been cleared off the roadway, there were more blue tarps than normal on the mobile home roofs. When I pulled into the shack I was relieved to find no trees on the roof just a lawn littered with leaves, boughs, and oak limbs.

After a quick look around, the shack was unscathed. I was especially pleased to find no broken windows as the corn fields just down the road were left with stalk stubs as the hail pummeled the ears and leaves off. I unloaded my gear and shortly after 6am got on my 4-wheeler, grabbed the saw, gas and oil and headed out back to see if any trees needed to be cut from my trails. It didn’t take long to find 3 big poplars and a 30” oak sprawled across the trail. It took me about 3 hours to get to get everything cut and drug off the trail. I was wishing I had brought my 5/8 “ bull rope and a pulley block, but like the say “wish in one hand %$#@ in the other” I eventually was able to get my pickup into the act, but with my ½” rope I had to be careful not to over stress it. For some crazy reason I was thinking I had probably tangled with the worst of it but that was short lived as I continued on.

About every 50 to 100 yards a new batch of trees were sheared off and laying across the trail. By noon I was pretty well drained and by 4pm I had had enough for the day. The girls rolled into the shack round 5pm having fished a lake on their way up. Their plan was to fish a local lake on their way home on Saturday, I was going to come home on Sunday but that plan went awry.

I awoke Saturday morning feeling like a tattered washcloth that needed to be thrown out. The s-i-l asked if I had baited yet, which I just looked at her thinking “like when in my spare time?” So I loaded up the sled and we headed out to refresh things. There are two ways to get to the bait station, a short route and a long route. The short route was cut off by 6-7 big maples and oaks that were across the trail. I turned around and headed around on the long route hoping it would be all clear. In a Hallmark Christmas movie it probably would have been, but in my world it was a different script. Just over ½ the way to the bait pile another group of trees were across the trail. I spent about 45 minutes clearing just enough to squeeze through. When I got to the bait pile I wasn’t even surprised to find a big maple laying directly across our logs. At first I thought we would have to clear the tree off but the more we looked at it I was able to hollow a hole out so we could still bait. I think that tree may work in our favor offering the bears more protection as they hit the bait pile. By the way, an hour after the tree went down a nice bear was under it checking things out.

By the time I got back to the shack I was drenched in sweat and should have packed it up, but we all know that didn’t happen. I told the girls that after they left I was going to drag the open part of the trail, which I did, then head home. But by now I had a good idea of what tree work was still ahead so after dragging I decided to clear a few more trees. I would say, had I finished I would have been looking at about 3 more days of trail clearing.

I started on a cluster of oaks when things really started going south on me. I would cut for about 15 minutes then stop and throw up, cut for 10 min and throw up some more. Finally, I sat down by a log shivering and fell asleep for a couple hours. When I woke up I had a pounding headache, chills that wouldn’t stop and pains that were even new to me. By the time I made it back to the shack I slept for another hour. The 80 miles home were the longest 80 miles I have ever driven. Twice I stopped along the road and slept for 40 minutes or so and when I got home I had all I could do to shower then crawl into bed. I fell asleep about 3pm on Saturday and woke up about 3 pm on Sunday. I went to the bathroom then back to bed for ten more hours. The girls were pretty upset with me for not calling them but I didn’t want to wreck their fishing.

I have no idea what kind of a bug I caught but it was a doozy to say the least. My guess is a good part of it was heat exhaustion. You know what some will say.... :nono: Lol. This morning I am actually feeling fairly good, but it will be a few days before heading back to the shack and continuing on with what’s left. I took some pictures but with the phone they just don't offer a good prospective of the size of the trees or twisted entanglement I was dealing with.

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2680 on: Jul 24, 2023, 05:18 AM »
Mornimg all,

WS.....so sorry to hear of all the damage  :'( :'(  must have been one heck of a storm  :o  sounds like the heat took quite a toll on you, glad you made it home in one piece and you're feeling a bit better today  :thumbsup: 

Nothing much going on here, some on and off rain today.

How'd I do  ???  No  :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: at all  :whistle: :roflmao:   seriously tho, glad you're doing better Marv  ;)2

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2681 on: Jul 24, 2023, 05:59 AM »
63* and sunny.

WS, must have been quite the storm. Almost sounds like it jumped around a lot. Glad you are feeling better.

WW, you are right, looks like another "hot" week on the way.

Eddie, congratulations on the new "family" member, sorry I am late on this one.

The wife has a video call with a new doctor at noon today.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2682 on: Jul 25, 2023, 05:55 AM »
62* and foggy, we had a couple storms last evening, pretty heavy rain with one of them.

The video with the new doctor went well, his name is Dr. Peter Pan.

Not much planned for today, be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2683 on: Jul 25, 2023, 06:13 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 54* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Marv.........Like Doug said that storm must have jumped around your shack area. :whistle: I had that same bug a couple of weeks ago
               when it was so hot and humid and I was trying to finish bucking up my firewood. :%$#!: I'm glad you are feeling better. :thumbsup:
                            Doug........I'm glad that your wife's procedure was an easy one. :clap:
                            Wally........That was a lot of bike for a good cause. :thumbsup:
                            Dave.........I'm glad that your air cleared out, hopefully it stays that way. :unsure: When do you expect the rest of your parts to come in? ???
                            Fish..........That was some parade. :thumbsup:
                            Bud..........Good job on the fishing, I see you were wearing your ice fishing suit, was it that cold? ???
                            I worked Saturday and Sunday, we fixed some washouts from the heavy rains and we started painting a cabin at the association.
                            Yesterday I left early to beat the heat and get some more of the free wood from that guy I've ben getting it from. On the way home
               about a half mile from home, I noticed my trailer was bouncing. I limped home to find a blown tire. In try to remove the lug nuts two studs started
               to spin. I left it for this morning. I have to remove the whole hub and wheel.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday eithaer at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2684 on: Jul 25, 2023, 07:33 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....Dr Peter Pan  ??? ???  that's too funny  :thumbsup: :roflmao:

IW.....sorry to hear about the trailer tire, hope you can get it squared away today w/o any problems  :-\

WS.....hope you're back to feeling like your 18 year old self today  ;)2 :woot:

IFF.....what adventures do you have planned this week  ???

Eddie....hope all is well in your neck of the woods  :)

Picked up a little over 1" of rain yesterday afternoon, some pretty good t-storms rolled thru  :o   A couple errands today.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2685 on: Jul 25, 2023, 08:43 AM »
Went to the pancake breakfast yesterday morning and the line actually moved really fast. Headed home here in awhile today and back to work in the morning. Here is the line as we left from the feed. Also with some of the facts about the feed. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2686 on: Jul 25, 2023, 02:33 PM »
Winds are gusting 30 mph from the East pushing the fire West towards the tow of Behchoko.  The town has been evacuated and the people are sheltering in Yellowknife.
Here's a satellite Pic of a bunch of the fires burning in NT, AB & BC
https://cabinradio.ca/137335/news/yellowknife/highway-3-threatened-by-fire-closes-again-on-tuesday-afternoon/?fbclid=IwAR0N3xC7mD4tPebAfQWLmJqrkq_PC732MxrrfjefsFYI_YZ2AasPf9Sivfs

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2689 on: Jul 26, 2023, 01:10 AM »
Jeff. O that’s a set of rain gear, I have on

WW today was retracing my steps of 70 & 55 years ago, up on the Olympic Peninsula, that included lake Quinault  my daughter had a blast when we did stop off at some of the ocean beaches.  Only disappointed part was a bridge is out that kept us from reaching a camp we did 55 years ago

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2690 on: Jul 26, 2023, 04:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
 Happy Hump Day!  ;D    62* with partly cloudy skies this am, high in the upper 80’s forecasted.

Have a lot of catching up to do, my IPad just got back from a little vacation last evening…

Bud…thanks for sharing the pictures, glad your trip is going well.   :clap:
  Dave…wish we could send you some of the record rains we’ve been getting here to help douse those fires! Stay safe and best wishes those fires get under control soon. Nice job on the panels they look great! :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope everyone enjoyed their getaway, thanks for sharing the updates and pictures!   :clap:
  Wally…all pretty good here, less some of the pounding rains that have coming through. The lawn is looking great lush and green, my garden is in trouble, lol. Congratulations on your last benefit ride!!  :clap:
  Marv…wow, what a mess with the trees up to the Shack! Hope you’re feeling better and over that big now.  :thumbsup:
  H2…glad your wife’s procedure went well, best wishes continued for her!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope you were able to get the wheel off the trailer, glad you were at least close to home when that happened!  :thumbsup:

Dr. appointment early today and tomorrow for a procedure I have coming up next week. Will check back later to see how everyone is doing….Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing! 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2691 on: Jul 26, 2023, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....continued prayers for everyone's safety  :'(

Eddie.....glad to see you back, best wishes with the procedure  :)

IFF......sounds like some fun times and great memories revisited  :thumbsup:

We're spending the day at the county fair today selling raffle tickets for the FD, going to be a toasty one  ::)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2692 on: Jul 26, 2023, 06:13 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 58* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie........I don't know where you've been but we're glad your back. :thumbsup: I hope you appointments go as planned for your procedure. :flex:
                         Wally.........I hope they have a fan set up to help keep you cool in the booth. :unsure:
                         Dave.........I can't imagine have a fire like that that close, I hope everyone is safe. :whistle:
                         Bud...........You sure do get around,I hope you're enjoying yourself. :clap:
                         Marv..........I hope you're feeling better this morning from your ordeal at "The Shack" :unsure:
                         Fish...........It looks like your getaway ways full of things to do. :clap:
                         I got my trailer all fixed up with a new tire and rim.
                         Yesterday afternoon I was sitting on my front porch enjoying a cold one and a truck backed in my drive way with a load of cut and split firewood. Now the
               stacking begins. I have my Cat Scan this afternoon.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

The friend that bought my pontoon boat bought me 2 cords of firewood. What a great surprize. Two cords od Elm.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2693 on: Jul 26, 2023, 06:17 AM »
62* and very foggy.

Drifter, keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

F/H4, looks like a great time was had by all.

Eddie, welcome back.

Amber bought a small kayak the other day, while she and her mother were putting it in the CRV they cracked the windshield, they went yesterday to get it replaced in Queensbury. I took Scout to get groomed.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2694 on: Jul 26, 2023, 07:46 AM »
Good morning everyone!

It's going to crank up to 97 today with a dew point of 70. Even Mr. Muggy said this weather sucks.

After limping my old laptop along for the past 6 years it finally died. I brought it in yesterday to have a shop pull the hard drive and transfer everything to an external drive that I had bought a couple years ago. I'm not in any hurry to buy a new laptop so until then I am stuck with using my phone which is basically one step better than nothing.

Hope you all have good Wednesday.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2695 on: Jul 26, 2023, 08:46 AM »
Good morning ☕️ Marv ain’t that the truth. Sorry you’re having so many issues what with a round the shack and such. Feel sorry for those stuck under the triple heat wave in the Midwest. Not sure what will develop today, other than daughter wanting to attack the beaches with the metal detectors  :o  ;D

One of the highlights was viewing the world’s largest Sitka spruce tree.  Sign says 58 feet 11 inch circumference and 191 feet tall. Think even Marv would want a bigger saw

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2696 on: Jul 26, 2023, 10:46 AM »
Jusr as I had feared the winds pushed the fire into Behchoko 60 miles West of Yellowknife las night. Some homes were lost.   :'(
Still blowing out of the East today.

https://cabinradio.ca/137503/news/yellowknife/behchoko-fire-wednesday/?fbclid=IwAR1SyBUfE73O3TEWW1_2mYZeEwXoPtzD1wciBHSVzgaVKBnPDM5ifJZ4rvo   

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2697 on: Jul 26, 2023, 05:38 PM »
Drifter that stinks the fire into a community and some homes were lost. Hopefully the winds start to die down and they can get the fire under control.

Well first day back at work and a light one. Kind of nice to have an easy day back. A couple more weeks and turn around starts on our spent burning plant. Hopefully the auxiliary boiler does what it needs and keeps the UPA running for us o no extra testing is needed. Only 2 more then up to the mountain for a couple days. Got the tire holder moved in the trailer and the SxS will get the oil changed and all on Friday morning when the wife gets it up there. Now to get moving on loading everything up tomorrow night for the departure the next day. Supposed to hit around triple digits here, wish we could go back to earlier this summer with the nice Temps. Well hope everyone has a great Thursday and a good end of Wednesday. Take it easy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2698 on: Jul 26, 2023, 08:58 PM »
Good evening ,nice to be back posting on Ice Shanty hopefully my computer problems hve been resolved.  I took some notes still lots to catch up on here in the 9:45 thread. Since by choice i currently do not have Tv service been out of touch without my computer so no updates on how local areas affected by the heavy rain fall earlier in the month are doing. Here at my complex they have started restriping the parking areas no idea how many days this will take and when i will need to relocate my vehicle. looks like today they repaint stop lines and numbers for assigned and guest spots that were vacant. So the center court yard parking area and the actual stripes separating parking spots all still needs to be done to complete this project. I also believe we are getting ne road signage or it will be repainted.

Drifter thank you for the links and updates on wild fires in your area. may the fire fighters be able to save the village/town of Behchoko. Nice job on the solar panels may you receive supplies needed to complete the project before your vacation ends. Take care prayer said fire does not come near your cabin .
Eddie congratulations to you and your wife on birth of granddaughter. Now you have two July grandchildren believe Emerson turned 3 or 4 yesterday. Glad you and your sons had a good trip to Cayuga Lake .
Whopper Stopper glad you are feeling better think a combination of hard work heat and stress contributed to your getting sick. Lot on your schedule between helping your sister and now all the tree work to be done at shack property good the actual building survived the storms. I'm sure the wife and your S-I-l gave you a lecture about contacting them in the future when you are  alone at the shack and feeling ill. So I will just say pace yourself things will get done maybe not at the speed you like but eventually .
IFF good to see you and your daughter are have a good time visiting relatives  congrats on the salmon catches. Best to you with any future fishing during the trip. Enjoy the time spent with relatives .
Wallyworld glad there was a good turn out for the memorial bike ride. I hope you sold lots of raffle tickets today and were able to get in the shade or cool building at times plus see some of the county fair. Good you had the kicker motor and could get back to dock nice to read only a blown fuse was the problem .
Hunts2long condolences to Amber's boyfriend and his family. Glad all went well for your wife . Just wondering does Dr. Peter Pan have a nurse Tinker Bell or Wendy .
Ice Wanderer belated birthday greetings . Looks like you are in good shape with firewood for the upcoming Winter. may the cat-scan and procedure both go well for
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the photos from Cheyenne Frontier Days looks like you and the family enjoy the event. Congrats on catching the walleyes .

Some of you may remember my posting in early April about the death of my best friend since then have driven by the home he shared with his mother a few times. I always saw his SUV sitting in the same spot in driveway and depending on time of day one light on on lower level otf the house. i assumed his mother had gone to live with her daughter in the Poughkeepsie, NY. area. This past Sunday afternoon took a drive through their development a neighbor was out doing yard work stopped and talked with her found out my friend's mother is still living in the house combination of neighbors doing the lawn mowing and one checking in on her daily. So stopped and had a half hour visit with my friend's mother she is doing the best she can dealing with his death and life at age of 94.  I will call her or stop by every so often to check on her and now with my computer back can do a large print note of places she maybe able to donate my friend's clothing to,etc .

Sorry if I missed replying to anyone's posts . take care be careful in the hot weather many of us are dealing with and good fishing to all.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2699 on: Jul 27, 2023, 05:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 62* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                        Steve..........Welcome back. :clap: I hope your computer issues are resolved for good. :whistle: Thank you for the Birthday Card, :thumbsup:
                        Marv...........What will we do without a laptop. :cookoo: :roflmao: I hope you have fully recovered from all the work at "The Shack" :unsure:
                        Doug..........I hope her insurance covered the window replacement? ???
                        Bud............Your daughter might find something valuable beach combing. :whistle: Thanks for sharing the picture of the Spruce tree, What a monster. :woot:
                        Fish............I hope you enjoy your time this weekend. :thumbsup:
                        Yesterday I stacked a some of the firewood that my friend bought for me. It looks like more than two cords.
                        It looks like rain today, not sure what Ill do.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.