Author Topic: Ice Cleats  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Red Beard

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Cleats
« on: Oct 23, 2006, 05:11 PM »
I am looking for a recommendation for a good pair of ice cleats.  I haven't found any that have blown me away and I was hoping some of you guys might have the inside scoop on what's best.  Thanks.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Cleats
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2006, 05:15 PM »

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2006, 05:57 PM »
I've used the HT Enterprises Sure Grip Treads for a couple years now and really like them.  Easy on/off, and they've proven to be pretty durable.  I just wish they had a couple spikes on the heal.

kc17
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Offline Icefisher44

• IceShanty Rookie
  • My Shack!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2006, 06:00 PM »
I don't use cleats too much, but when I do creepers are by far the best. You can play football on ice with them. Cost about $30 but will last a long time.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2006, 06:58 PM »
I picked some up last year that look kind of like a sandal but I havn't had to use them yet

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2006, 07:33 PM »
I've have stabilicers which grip incredibly well, the only problem is they move around a little bit on the boots. I just bought a set of artic spurs to try this season, only cost $15.00.

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2006, 08:59 PM »
Stabilicers work great. Very durable and easy off and on. Also they won't tear up everything like inside your house or vehicle going in and out like the Vspur type cleats. Just my 2 cents.....

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2006, 09:42 PM »
Stabilicers work great. Very durable and easy off and on. Also they won't tear up everything like inside your house or vehicle going in and out like the Vspur type cleats. Just my 2 cents.....
Best all aroud cleats for the money !!

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:44 PM »
I have the Get A Grip ultras, work good. Cleats are replacable on them.

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2007, 09:36 PM »
 I have a set of the south bend ones you just pull over your boots, cheap and work great
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Picked up a pair of GET-A-GRIP ULTRAS for my daughter work good for her just not a lot of spikes like I prefer though for my self

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2007, 12:36 PM »
I have the rubber HTs that stretch over the boots. Work great. The cleats are small enough that they aren't awkward to walk with.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2007, 01:36 PM »
I have Stabilicers and Artic Spurs. Stablicers bite great and the artic spurs go on and off very quickly. For the money I'd get the Artic Spurs over the stabilicers do to the easy on/off. Artic Spurs only $16.00.

Offline BassHouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:54 PM »
I have the stabil-icers as well and they are great.  The only problem is that they can't really be adjusted to fit different size boots and they can feel a little clunky on a lightweight boot.  One thing I did with an older pair of Sorel Pac boots I have is to screw some sheet metal screws (similar size to Stabil-icers) right into the lugs of the sole.  It really makes it easier to walk as well as get in the car and drive, plus they work great and the price is right.  If you can dedicate a pair of boots to ice-fishing only, this is the ultimate way to go I think.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.