Author Topic: Almost a year without a smoke!!!!!!!!!  (Read 46364 times)

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
how long has it been ???  almost 2 months now eh pikey?

Offline Left Handed Model

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..."
First Post was Feb 3rd, so 1 month 17 days..... and counting... ;)
Mike aka: Lefty,  The Yellow Pole Guy.....

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Funny how that works huh? lol ;)

I feel sorry for all the people that had to breathe in my Second hand smoke for the past 5-6 yrs.
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline keyholeiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • OH where OH where are the fish?
WOW  I just looked through the list  and would like to congulate those who have been able to quit and god bless to those of you who can't. I quit smoking when cigs.reached 30 cents a pack. figured at the time I could save 300.dollars a year. can't vision what it must cost today. noticed that some of you are using the money to buy boats. (ice dawg) for one.  has to be a good feeling to sit in that boat. and feel that you have reached another goal.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WOW  I just looked through the list  and would like to congulate those who have been able to quit and god bless to those of you who can't. I quit smoking when cigs.reached 30 cents a pack. figured at the time I could save 300.dollars a year. can't vision what it must cost today. noticed that some of you are using the money to buy boats. (ice dawg) for one.  has to be a good feeling to sit in that boat. and feel that you have reached another goal.

Theres a list?? where?? I started 5 or 6 days after BlueFin and Pikeguy :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline keyholeiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • OH where OH where are the fish?
Theres a list?? where?? I started 5 or 6 days after BlueFin and Pikeguy :)
Sorry about that  guess I should have said scrolled down through the threads? or posts.

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get the gaf, I'm catching this one!
  Okay. I quit smoking nine years ago.

Now, how the he!! do you quit chewing copenhagen! Been doing it since I quit cigs, left one bad habit to just pick up another one >:(

I think cigs are easier to give up than chewing.

Help.... I'm probably dying.

JD
" I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work anytime!"

PIKEGUY

That stuff is really hard on your mouth! Still a nicotine addiction. Tough to quit but I'm sure it would be worth it ;)

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Try swallowing the spit instead of spitting it out, that should cure you real fast..... :sick: :sick:

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Try swallowing the spit instead of spitting it out, that should cure you real fast..... :sick: :sick:
my swedish college buddies used to swallow the juice.....they would put it in their upper lip too

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I know I did it once and I get the feeling in my stomach everytime I see someone with a pinch in... :-\

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  Okay. I quit smoking nine years ago.

Now, how the he!! do you quit chewing copenhagen! Been doing it since I quit cigs, left one bad habit to just pick up another one >:(

I think cigs are easier to give up than chewing.

Help.... I'm probably dying.

JD
See my post previously.  The thing is like I said, I don't really wanna stop.  I like it too much.  When I do decide to stop though, it's gonna be a good time to stay away.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
idiyoung,
            It's pretty simple. You have to make the decision the same way you did with cigs. I chewed and quit. What made me decide was when my boys were young around 7 years old I caught one of them trying my chew. Right then I decided it was time. We set examples for the people around us, if someone your close to sees that you do it then they think its okay for them. You can do it!

Offline Swede

• Team IceShanty Regular
my swedish college buddies used to swallow the juice.....they would put it in their upper lip too

Thats exactly right ;D Since living here, I do not need spit cups anymore. I use the upper lip now too - much better. People use snuff here (I mean a lot of people), just as many girls as men snuff.. which at first I thought was a bit strange as seeing a hot blonde bombshell pull out a can of snuff and put in a thick pinch is well,,,  ;)

PIKEGUY

Thats exactly right ;D Since living here, I do not need spit cups anymore. I use the upper lip now too - much better. People use snuff here (I mean a lot of people), just as many girls as men snuff.. which at first I thought was a bit strange as seeing a hot blonde bombshell pull out a can of snuff and put in a thick pinch is well,,,  ;)

I'm not sure how I'd react to that!! :o ;)

Offline Swede

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm not sure how I'd react to that!! :o ;)

Im still figuring it out myself, PikeGuy. mixed emotions, lol

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hmm, I donno about that.  One time my wife tried it just to say she did, and she threw up about 5 times.  Couldn't handle the man-tubaky!   :D

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
I find my self durning hunting season when im putting on a lot of miles getting a few tins of tabacco/nicotien free ginsing energy chew...now that stuff is awesome! Gives you wicked energy too. But thats about it..
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

PIKEGUY

I find my self durning hunting season when im putting on a lot of miles getting a few tins of tabacco/nicotien free ginsing energy chew...now that stuff is awesome! Gives you wicked energy too. But thats about it..

Isn't that all we need?  ;D

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What's that stuff called?  Sounds like a great quitting tool.  How much is the stuff?

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Still going strong.  11 weeks tomorrow for me, saved over $450.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well I finally stopped kidding myself and just quit cold turkey.  I had been weaning myself off the cigs only to get back to a pack a day and back down again.  I started my quit plan about the same time this thread started but stumbled too many times in the process.  I just decided that it was more hastle to try to do it the "Easy" way.  You guys who have been successful and did it cold turkey gave me the inspiration to do the same.  I have been completely nicoteine free for 5 days and working on number six.
Cheese Head

PIKEGUY

Well I finally stopped kidding myself and just quit cold turkey.  I had been weaning myself off the cigs only to get back to a pack a day and back down again.  I started my quit plan about the same time this thread started but stumbled too many times in the process.  I just decided that it was more hastle to try to do it the "Easy" way.  You guys who have been successful and did it cold turkey gave me the inspiration to do the same.  I have been completely nicoteine free for 5 days and working on number six.

Glad to hear it!!!!!!!!! It's not so bad now is it? ;D Trust me on one thing. if you can quit for a while you will realize how much better it is and wonder why you ever smoked. Just remember....not one puff. That's all it can take to relapse and nobody wants that ;)

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
The really cool thing is I feel much younger.  I never realized how much the smoking was killing me.
Cheese Head

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
My fishing buddies are happy I quit but are pissed because they can't keep up with me anymore hiking to our spots. My wind is really coming back.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

PIKEGUY

I'm definitely getting better. After 2 months TODAY I feel much better, but I can still feel the tightness in my chest from the cigs. :-\ It can only get better though

Offline blue98

• IceShanty Rookie
 ::)

perch@pans

Congrats to all that have kicked the habit or are trying still. My step brother just passed away this weekend ,lung cancer didn't know he had it untill two months ago just hung on to see his stepson graduate high school he was 38 years old . It's never to late to quit! Good luck to all.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
okay I am bringing it back up         

hows everyone been doing? I quit feb 11th or 12th of this year and have not had one single pufff since then :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
okay I am bringing it back up         

hows everyone been doing? I quit feb 11th or 12th of this year and have not had one single pufff since then :)

you just quit once, looser, i have quit at least 4 times, you really need to catch up :D

my wife just quit so, i would assume that means smoking for me is going to get real tough, might as well do it, i already dont smoke in the house (quit that last year) and cannot smoke in her car :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.