Author Topic: Team Alaska  (Read 5779 times)

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Team Alaska
« on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:04 PM »
Check out the Tourney Leader Board
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=29915.0

We have a lot of open spots to take the early lead. The trout board has good size but nothing we can't overcome. The pike are puny :sick: No lakers or burbs.

Time for Team Alaska >:D to :flex: some muscles

Lets Gooooooooooo!

Fishing Fireman

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: Team Alaska
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2006, 12:14 AM »
RIGHT ON!  GO TEAM GO!!!!  LET'S PICK IT UP FOLKS! :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2006, 07:51 PM »
I am going to try a run at the pike category on Friday.

Barleydog ole wise one, How could I incorporate icefishing in to AFSC training? I think I am going to try the lake in the General's back yard for awhile then head down to lake "Barleydog".

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Redneck,  Tell them your testing for Dissolved Oxygen and invertebrates. :D  Your gonna score, just give it some time.... :tipup:
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2006, 10:10 PM »
There has been one Lake Trout put on the Leader Board of 25 7/8 from NY. Not a bad size. No Burbs posted but hope that will change after this weekend when we accompany the Burbot Slayer Barley Dog out onto the ice.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2006, 12:05 AM »
Hey Redneck, have you ever thought about trying 28 mile pond for pike? I know they are in there. The other bodies of water on Eielson should make for some good fishing as well. Let us know, you could be on the leader board before too long.

I'm planning on doing some fishing friday as well, not sure for what or where yet.

FF

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2006, 12:35 AM »
I tried to get AK on the board Sunday, but the biggest bow I iced was in the 15"-16" range, stuck a bigger one but the slippery bugger got the best of me :%$#!:.  Snapped a pic of the one bow and didn't even think about the weekly draw :blink:, oh well I'm gonna give those bow's another try this Saturday and maybe Sunday.  I think the rainbow fishing will be slowing down soon.  My 3 yr old & I went to Little Cambell l. on Monday and caught some LL's, he caught his first solo fish (he's caught dozens under supervision) while I was punching a hole about 15 yds away.  Such an awesome sight, I looked over and saw him hand lining the fish up just as daddy taught him ;D.

I'm hoping Team Alaska will put the mustard to a few HOGS.

-Grizz

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2006, 02:30 AM »
anyone want to try for some bows or pike on fire lake this week or weekend let me know!

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2006, 06:16 PM »
FF,
I think I will run to 28 mile, I forgot all about it and I dont think anyone has fished it yet.

Redneck

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2006, 06:57 PM »
alaskanate-I think I'll be on Fire l. Sunday, will have my boy-see you there if you can make it.  Just look for a grizz-sized guy with tot in tow.

Grizz

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:09 PM »
alaskanate-I think I'll be on Fire l. Sunday, will have my boy-see you there if you can make it.  Just look for a grizz-sized guy with tot in tow.

Grizz

sounds good, what time you going to be at the lake?

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Somewhere between 9-10am, before 10 if all goes well getting the little guy ready.

-Grizz

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Team Alaska, Canadian Burbot 1, Alaskan Burbot 0
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2006, 01:18 AM »
Ther has been one Canuk Burbot from Prince George BC added to the Tourney. 32"

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Redneck5 and I fished 28 mile today for pike. He caught one small one. It sure was cold, @ least negative 20. He informed me that a 32" pike was posted. Well its for real so we have to pick up the slack. We have not posted a fish yet but all that will change. Good things come to those who wait, Patience, Patience, we are just a little slow getting out of the gate.

The pike came out of NY by reubenpa it was 7lb 12oz. Thats average size for here.

So Team Alaska >:D time to pick up steam and roll.

Lets "Git R Done"

FF

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Remeber guys we have some time. and 32 inches :P thats nothing we cant spank! I might be heading out to flathorn later on this month!

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2006, 06:49 AM »
Akdan, yeah its to late to get into the tourny. Deadline was DEC 31.

sorry man

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 07, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Welcome to IS Akdan......I'm looking forward to some laker action myself, sounds like your getting into some decent pike up there-WTG. 

-Grizz

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2006, 07:28 PM »
alaskanate,  Did you have a touch of the brew flu ;D, I was looking for you out there at fire.  You didn't miss a whole lot, had a couple of flags and a hammer handle caught by a guy I was fishing with.....always fun running to a flag!  Don't forget about that pepto shake, it works if you can get out of bed ;)

-Grizz

Offline jon333

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Hey Grizz I saw that you said you were trying to get on the board for rainbows.  Do you make it to the valley much?  There are some good lakes that I go to for decent rainbows. You should be able to put between a 20 and 24 incher on there from Visnaugh.  I just haven't been going because there is a 45 minute wait between fish and the kids get squirrelly so the past 2 weeks we have been hitting the lakes that don't even let you get your line down.  My kids spend their days with their heads down the holes watching or should I say feeding the fish.

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2006, 07:49 PM »
you guys need to do some catching... my pike is just the first of many that I will post I am sure... so pick up your slacking... I wanna see pics of 20 lbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :angel :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 08, 2006, 08:07 PM »
jon333,  Thanks for the tip.  I have the pic's of a 17" bow from yesterday-thinking about posting it to get in for the weekly, there are alot bigger in the lake I fish I haven't iced'um yet.  Maybe next weekend!

-Grizz

Offline jon333

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 08, 2006, 08:12 PM »
we got 2 15 inchers today they were real thick and really gold  and about50 or 60 between 7 and 11 inches at knik lake

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 09, 2006, 12:18 AM »
I was thinking about stopping at Knik yesterday for an hour or so, but there was some big to-do with the mushers-that lake was a zoo, so on offf into the sunset I drove!  Knik is a great lake to take the younguns as there always seems to be a fish or two willing to take the hook ;D.

-Grizz

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 09, 2006, 12:26 AM »
alaskanate,  Did you have a touch of the brew flu ;D, I was looking for you out there at fire.  You didn't miss a whole lot, had a couple of flags and a hammer handle caught by a guy I was fishing with.....always fun running to a flag!  Don't forget about that pepto shake, it works if you can get out of bed ;)

-Grizz

lol yeah you could say i had the "flu" lol, man im 0 for 2 now :-[ I had every thing packed and ready :P

Offline jon333

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 09, 2006, 01:14 AM »
I saw all the mushers sunday and drove around the lake the long way and my wife, the kids and I stayed out of sight and away from the part of the lake where the dog teams were returning

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 09, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Little update from mat-su.  I went out to Beverly Lake on Saturday.  This is a natural lake with no stocking efforts.  I ended the day icing 2 small bows around 8-10 inches and one just over 16 inches.  It wasn't huge, but a nice fat fish will beautiful colors.

More later-

Icy Mike

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 10, 2006, 03:36 AM »
you guys see the 40 inch pike posted for the tourney? that will be hard to beat down here around the anchorage or the valley...or am i wrong?

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Team Alaska, Burbot regs statewide
« Reply #27 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:13 PM »
Here is a quick update on Burbot set lines and if anybody is interested.

BURBOT SET LINE REGULATIONS
Statewide:
❚ The total aggregate number of hooks which may be used each day for set lines may not exceed the daily bag limit for burbot in the water being fished (e.g., if the daily bag limit is five burbot, then a total of five hooks may be fished each day). More than one hook may be attached to a set line.
❚ All hooks must be single hooks with a gap between point and shank larger than 3/4 inch.
❚ Each hook must be set to rest on the bottom of the lake or stream.
❚ Each set must be labeled with the angler’s name and address.
❚ Each set must be physically inspected at least once during each 24-hour period.

Here is the link to the Regs statewide
http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/statewide/regulations/aykregs.cfm

Otherwise it would be a huge post if all areas and species were included. Always good to know before you head out to keep the FPs off your back.

FF

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Easy big Nate!  Now we can still catch a biggen over 40", just takes some time that's all. ;)  I for one would really love some 20 above temps. up in the interior!  Hey I was looking through an old site and noticed several large record size burbot were caught in Big Lake!  You guys still have a chance for the biggen down there. 
I think lakers out of Lake Louise, Red Shirt Lake pike are all possible!  Hey you guys in the south at least have decent bows too. 
Lakers will be my target in Feb....  I know there's a 20+ lb. fish with a small brain out there somewhere eh!
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Team Alaska; Who's going out Tomorrow?
« Reply #29 on: Jan 13, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Wondering who was going out tomorrow ??? I will have my 4yr old so I can't go far and for more than a few hours unless I hit my buddies shanty on Birch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.