Author Topic: Team Alaska  (Read 5780 times)

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Team Alaska
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2006, 11:16 PM »
I'm gonna give the bow's a break this weekend, pike is on the supper menu for Sunday ;D, so tomorrow morning I'll be headed out to the Mat-Su.  I'm optimistic, but due to the access of the better pike waters I am forced to hit the road side lakes.

Speaking of access, I called DNR this last week about the access to Redshirt as I heard about a road block 4 mi. before you hit the trailhead to RSL.  Anyway the lady I was speaking to said it was due to a funding shortage of 3 mill+.  There is no way it costs 3 mill to push snow 4 mi. on a little dirt road especially when they are already there plowing part of the road ???.  Kinda screws the guys on foot as well as the folks with snow-go's who don't have the required snow pack, as they might walk in too.  Take a doable 3 mi. hike and turn it into a 7 mile expedition!  Something fishy goin on!

-Grizz

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Makes you wonder what they are going to do with the Billion extra we just earned on the PFD the last couple of months. Probably X-mas bonuses for the Legislators that short fund all the depts' that need the extra funding who provide a valuable service to their community, Roads, Emergency Svcs, Ect.

Seriously, I would call them and complain, after all it's our road and they are in essence blocking us from having access to fishing waters.

Offline jon333

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2006, 07:45 AM »
Hey Grizz,  I am going roadside for the kids again on sunday.  ( I have inventory from 2-12 on Saturday)  However I know it is a long ride but my wife will be packing HOT CHOCOLATE and trying out her new Carhartts on Sunday and I was thinking if you are out this way we can pop some fish for the kids?  Let me know.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2006, 01:36 AM »
I did complain to the gal on the phone, essentially I told her they were full of poopoo!  Hell, may as well not even plow the friggen road, if you don't have the dough to plow the whole thing then why plow the road at all?  It's some sort of maneuvering on the part of the higher-ups (Director level), these guy's are playing us for state (our) $$$'s-they'll do anything for a bigger budget.

-Grizz

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2006, 04:16 AM »
well sadly i think my ice fishing season has come to a early end. :'( My truck needs a new motor, and im currently unemployed so thats not helping things... >:( :'(

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Sorry to hear that Nate, keep your head up ;D things will work out. What is it that you are skilled in, maybe Team Alaska >:D can help you find a job and get you back up on your feet. You could also see if you could barter for a new motor till you get employed again to pay back the money, just a thought. Wasilla/Palmer still have a small town friendlieness to them.

Let us know!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.