Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650103 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27930 on: Jun 08, 2022, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 62* and starting to clear. We had almost an inch of rain since last evening. ::)
                          Eddie........I was going over to do some more chinking yesterday but my neighbor had the batteries to the electric caulk gun in
                 his truck. :whistle: I have to take the toon in for a repair and I can't get in to the shop for a week or so. :%$#!: You sure are a busy man for
                 a retiree. :whistle:
                          Wally.........I hope the trike is back today and ready for more safe rides. :thumbsup:
                          H2l...........I hope you were able to get the much needed medicine for your wife. :unsure:
                          Marv.........Can't wait to see some pictures of some big Muskies, remember thay say a Muskie is the fish of 10,000 cast. :woot:
                          Tom..........My condolences go out to you and your family. :(
                          Steve........Gas jumped to $4.99 Monday night and then yesterday to $5.05  :cookoo: :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
                          As I said to Eddie I was going to work on the cabin yesterday, when I got home I noticed a flat tire on my log splitter so I got a tube
                 and put that in and it's ready to go.
                          This morning my neighbor is dropping the batteries off and a new tool foe smoothing out the caulk, on his way to work. so I'll be caulking
                 today.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27931 on: Jun 08, 2022, 05:15 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello as we're heading out in search of the elusive walleye this morning  ;)  Looks a bit breezy, hope the lake's not too rough  :unsure:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27932 on: Jun 08, 2022, 05:30 AM »
Morning all, 59° and cloudy here, supposed to top out around 72 with strong tstorms later.

Just a quick hop in this morning, busy week here. Had the exhaust fall off my car on the way to work yesterday morning, so that's fantastic   ::)

Gas is still rising pretty rapidly here, $5.19 was the cheapest station I could find this morning. Most of them were $5.23-5.29

Kiddo wanted to catch some bluegills, so I took him out to one of the ponds I ice fish a lot yesterday after work. We ended up catching 28 between the two of us, so he was happy. None of them were big slabs, but about half were decent size. That pond is pretty small, and it got absolutely hammered during 2020 ice season... hasn't been quite the same since. Numbers are down, and it seems like all the real chunk panfish got pulled that winter. Still a good place to go if you just want to get something on the end of your line, though.

Got an annual govt audit coming up in a couple weeks, so work is pretty nuts, since most of our compliance documentation is my job. Anyway, better get to work... hope yall have a great day.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27933 on: Jun 08, 2022, 06:03 AM »
Good morning. 57* and a few clouds.
The closest Wallgreens that had the med was over 40 miles away and they only had part of it, so waited for it to come in at the local store. I can't believe they don't have anti-biotics in stock. Haven't talked to her yet this morning, I know she was up during the night. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
WW, hope you find those walleyes today.
We got a good rain last evening.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27934 on: Jun 08, 2022, 08:54 AM »

Heavy  Rain steady today high of 65. H2L hope you land the meds today. Camping outing might get reduced due to daughters schedule. May come home with 2 cots my brother picked up for 5 bucks ea. and they have 2 in. pads on them. These might come in handy with the bigger tents. WW good luck on the walleye today. Z good job getting the young one out well done. Enjoy the day

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27935 on: Jun 08, 2022, 03:11 PM »
H2L……fingers crossed MrsH2is doing better today.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27936 on: Jun 09, 2022, 04:36 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 57* and cloudy here on my hill. rain is a few miles west of me and moving in. ::)
                       H2l...........That's crazy that Walgreens didn't have the meds for your wife. :cookoo: I hope she is feeling better today. :unsure:
                       Wally........I'll be looking for your report on yesterdays fishing excursion. :whistle:
                       Zcm.........It's always something with cars these days, always needing something repaired. :%$#!: Good job catching  with your son. :thumbsup:
                       Eddie........I hope you got the pavers done yesterday, the rain today might spoil the grade if it wasn't. :unsure:
                       Marv.........Did you ever finish pressure washing the house? ???
                       OG...........I hope the weather didn't postpone the camping trip? ???
                       Yesterday I went over to the cabin and chinked for 4.5 hours, boy is it time consuming. I probably won't go back till Saturday.
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27937 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:01 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

56 degrees with N-NW winds at 10mph-15mph today. We may make it to a high of 80 with a day of sunshine.

IW... Very nice work :clap: I did finish the washing project, along with the grill, car, and trucks ;D

Eddie... Hope everything was waiting for you yesterday and you were able to finish up  the project :thumbsup:

WW...Hope you had a good day on the water :thumbsup: Any idea when you get the trike back?

I am out the door for a walk. Yesterday I pulled my wood splitter out just to find the hydraulic tank was almost empty and the area under it was all wet ??? I tried to find the leak and for the life of me I couldn't. This morning I am going to buy some ATF and put in a gallon and try again.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27938 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:31 AM »
Morning all, 64° and cloudy. We picked up close to 2" of rain yesterday, and the river does not approve  :-\

WS - good luck finding your leak. Maybe put a big catch pan under it, so you don't lose all your fresh fluid? That stuff sure isn't getting any cheaper.

IW - The car has been a bit of a lemon since shortly after I bought it, but it's been paid off for several years now. With the price of new cars these days, it's still a lot cheaper fixing it occasionally than it is to replace it. 🤷‍♂️

ww - hope you found some eyes  :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27939 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....hope you found the meds and they're doing what they're supposed to  :-\

WS.....trike came home Tuesday afternoon, final bill a little less than expected  ??? :clap:  good luck finding the leak  >:(

Eddie....guessing with all the rain you'll have today off  ;D

IFF.....have you got the tractor dirty yet  ???

IW.....the cabin is looking good  :thumbsup:  rain is coming down hard here already  ::)

OG.....sorry to hear the camping trip is a no go  :(

TT.....thought of you when I took this pic of my wisteria                                                                                 

Z.....gas yesterday was $4.99 most places, guess we'll be breaking the $5.00 mark today  :%$#!:

The wind yesterday morning had us changing plans, instead of hitting Oneida lake we ended up going to Delta lake (much smaller lake). We managed 3 legal eyes ( two 17 1/2" one 19 1/2" ) 3 perch and one eye just legal @ 15" which we threw back.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27940 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:40 AM »
55* with light rain.
The wife is starting to feel some what better. She is getting tired of chicken broth and jello, but I don't have a lot of dishes to do.
IW, the cabin is looking pretty good.
WS, good luck finding the leak.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27941 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:45 AM »
Just went in the kitchen for a refill, see 1/2" of rain has fallen in the last 1/2 hour  :blink:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27942 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Just went in the kitchen for a refill, see 1/2" of rain has fallen in the last 1/2 hour  :blink:
     WOW

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27943 on: Jun 09, 2022, 08:36 AM »
Good morning ER’s
Haven’t check with guessers this morning but think I get a break with the rains, and yes WW I got the tractor tires all muddy got it hoses off then went out to plant a lot of asparagus that was delivered, something like 40 bulbs.

Think I failed to post what I pecked out yesterday  :unsure: will have to scroll back see, switched from phone to computer, a lot easier to check my "Journal" entries here on this thread as I think of it.

Linda made it back Monday evening after being on the road for 12 hours. that took another 3 hours that usual. 

Tuesday evening I put out a rain gauge and collected 1.5 inches over night. believe there had been additionally 3-4" from the thunderstorms that zipped though prior to the rain gauge  ::)

Not sure which way to run now, put off my want to do's,  Digging a root cellar, being one, finish getting seeds in the garden are that has been broken up, according to my neighbor that thought it had now been worked in the last 10 years or so.  Or making another trip to pickup some remaining things at the "North Camp" one thing that is needed there will be a lawn service to keep it from getting overgrown.

Finally made a trip to the west border of the property, (Via the tractor) and see lots of what I judge as being blackberries.  and possibly some blueberries  :unsure: Seems things grow faster (weeds) that I am getting around to keep in check.

I need to quit burning so much daylight, but I find it so easy to take to the rocking chair on the front porch with a coffee, or an Iced Tea in hand.  ;D and if not moving for some time see the humming birds come to a feeder 4' from my rocker.  :)

Oh and I got around to see why the cloths dryer was not working and making such a racket, turned out the blower fan was not turning, because a critter had stored pecan nuts in it.  And of course was loaded with lint buildup. So now we can get laundry done rain or shine  :thumbsup: :clap:

Glad to see some are getting out and doing some catching.

So now I am caught up with my "Journal" entries  :) ;D

Best to all, stay safe and enjoy your day.

Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27944 on: Jun 09, 2022, 09:53 AM »
Bud, there's nothing wrong with kicking back and having an iced tea while watching the hummers!!! It can't be go, go, go all the time!!! ;)2 :flex: :clap:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27945 on: Jun 09, 2022, 09:48 PM »
 Good evening, I had a period of steady rain early this morning rest of daylight hours. has cloudy and windy high in the lower eighties. Taking a quick look at evening news I see New York is lifting mandate on Covid vaccination for state workers and the Biden administration is scrambling to find ways to fund continue research of the virus and the vaccination program.
Eddie I assume you had a break from the paver project with today's rain or the crew was scurrying this morning to protect area where pavers will be laid from the weather.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the cabin photo your doing a nice job on the chinking glad you have a electric powered gun to apply the caulk.
 May the repair work on pontoon boat not be to costly.
Wally World  do you have small ponds now on your property after the heavy rain fall . I hope the wisteria survived the deluge. Good to read bill for your trike was lower then expected.  :thumbsup: Congratulations to the two of you on catching the walleye and perch smart move on switching lakes to the smaller Delta.  :clap:  Thank you for the photos.
Zcm-82 congratulations to your son and you on the successful fishing trip.  :clap: :thumbsup: May the cost to repair car exhaust not be to high.
Old Goat to bad the camping trip may not happen due to your daughter's life schedule.
Hunts2long good to read your wife is doing better ,once you can get the medications may she see a big change in her health.
Whopper Stopper i hope you were able to locate and repair the leak on the wood splitter's hydraulic system. May you be rewarded with good musky fishing after completing the washing of house  and vehicles.
IFF glad the tractorhas been put to work. best to you with the asparagus and other garden items. Good o read the tractor is helping you get around the home stead sound like you may have a good crop of berries if you can beat the birds and other wildlife to them once they ripen. Also good to read Linda made it safely back to Tennessee.

stay healthy and safe, have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27946 on: Jun 10, 2022, 05:24 AM »

Good morning ER's
                      It's 54* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                      Wally...........I just checked the rain amount on my weather station and we 2.1" of rain yesterday. :woot: Good job catching the last trip out. :thumbsup:
                      Bud.............It seems you have a lot to do to stay busy there but there is no crime in sitting back a relaxing a bit. :whistle:
                      Zcm............I understand why you keep fixing your older car, I have only 6 more payments on my truck and will put the payments away to use
               to fix it when the time comes. the cost of a new vehicle would be more than my mortgage payment. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                      H2l.............I'm glad to read that your wife is feeling a little better. :clap: Were able to get her antibiotics yet? ???
                      Steve..........The repair isn't that costly but getting the part and time for them to schedule me in is the problem. :blink:
                      Today I'm going to one of my neighbors customers to help them do some odds and ends that they want done.
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work ort out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27947 on: Jun 10, 2022, 05:27 AM »
53* and a few clouds around.
The wife is feeling quite a bit better. She has gotten all her meds spread out so she doesn't end up taking a lot all at once, just doesn't get a lot of sleep. Only for a couple more days.
I thought about going fishing today but they are calling for a windy day, so will wait until early next week.
WW, we got quite a bit of rain yesterday AM also. Lake came up about 6 inches.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27948 on: Jun 10, 2022, 05:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 52* this am, high in the low 70’s today. Picked up almost another inch of rain yesterday with the passing storms that rolled through.

Steve…yesterday was just a complete day of rest for me for the most part. I came down with a stomach bug or light case of food poisoning, possibly the pizza we had for lunch Wednesday that kept me in bed and close to the royal throne most of the day. Feeling somewhat better today…taking it easy again today and all weekend.   :thumbsup:
  OS…well said, that’s just what I plan on doing for the next few days!   ;D  How’s that garden looking now?
  Bud…glad Linda made it back home ok, good news on the dryer fix and finding the hidden berry patch!   :thumbsup:  Sounds like the new tractor is fitting in well at the farm, as is that rocker…use it more!   :clap:
  H2…hope the meds are helping your wife, thoughts and prayers continued for her.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…good choice on going to the smaller lake, congrats to you and Mr.WW on the catching and sharing the pictures!  :clap:  Glad to read the trike is back and the repairs were less than expected, awesome!   :thumbsup:
  Z…that rainfall amount will probably keep the river high for a bit, hope the exhaust was a fairly easy fix…those bolts can be a bear to get out sometimes!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you located the leak on your splitter! Thought of you doing that driveway/paver job, the homeowner was a retired tree surgeon…still doing some jobs as well.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…thanks for sharing the cabin picture, the chinking looks really really nice!!  :clap:  I’m surprised they allow that word to remain in the dictionary… ;D

The paver job went well, we finished about 90% of it Wednesday and my buddy was going back solo yesterday to wrap it up in between the passing rain showers. Didn’t hear back from him, but assume he finished it up ok.
  Going to spend some time out in the garden today, see the weeds are moving in. Garlic is starting to shoot some scapes now so it won’t be too long before I harvest them and guessing the garlic should be ready to pull by early July.
  Hope everyone has a great end to the week….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27949 on: Jun 10, 2022, 06:04 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....good to hear the meds are working  :thumbsup:

IW.....finding things in stock is a problem that seems to be getting worse instead of better  ::)

MrC.....ended up with 1" of rain yesterday, it slowed to a mist after the first 1/2 hour deluge  :blink:

IFF.....the work will always be there, take the time to enjoy the coffee/tea and hummingbirds  @)

WS.....heading to the shack this weekend  ???

Eddie.....sorry to hear you're not feeling up to snuff  :(  hope the r&r gets you back to 100%  ;)

Sunny and WINDY today, guess it's time to mow again  ::)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27950 on: Jun 10, 2022, 06:14 AM »
Morning all, 57° and cloudy here, forecast is 76 and rain.

Payday today, so just gotta run some errands and pay bills and such after work. Not a whole lot else on the agenda.

masoneddie - hope you get feeling better. If they're too bad, I'll just end up taking it to my cousin's shop and having him do it. I don't have a lift, so I can only get so much leverage on stuff under the car with the little room I have after jacking it up.

IW - the prices are nuts now. The new equivalent of the car I have is about $21k... I paid around 12 for mine a decade ago  :-\ That is jusr insane for a compact car. Some of the new full size 4wd pickups have tags over $100,000 on them at the local lots.  :o

mr.clean - parts set me back about $450  :wacko: Had to order them, so it'll be a few days before they arrive.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27951 on: Jun 10, 2022, 10:09 AM »
Well a hectic week at work and now just sent the wife back for her surgery so got a couple hours to see how she feels afterwards. Been sunny and nice here the last week and the guesses are saying in the 90's this weekend so might see some flooding from the snow pack melt next week been getting a little bit but nothing big so far. Well everyone have a great Friday and a great weekend.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27952 on: Jun 10, 2022, 10:11 AM »
Eddie, the garden is looking good!! I'll be going out to work on the beds and plants. I just pull a lawn chair up to the bed and go for it!! That's what I love about raised beds!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: And IFF, I meant it when I said you need to take a break, relax and watch the hummers. I don't have many this year! Something must have happened coming or going because I can't remember a year with this few!!! Everyone stay well and keep safe!!!
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27953 on: Jun 10, 2022, 10:34 PM »
Good evening around seventy outside after reaching a high near eighty still low humidity levels so grateful for that know higher temperature and humidity levels will arrive some time over the Summer months. Another newspaper article today concerning NYC's water supply system this time about the Delaware aqueduct. There was a planed shut down scheduled for this fall and lasting for several months to repair leaks in the aqueduct. the shut down has been pushed back a year so steps being taken to deal with the shutdown can be completed. NYC is constructing a bypass tunnel which will go through part of the town of Newburgh (North of my location) and go under the  Hudson river eventually ending at reservoir/reservoirs in Putnam and Westchester counties. I know for the past 3 or more years there has been a construction site off of route 9W in the town of Newburgh for this project. The aqueduct were built in the 1940's around the time of World  War Two.
Ice Wanderer may the part/parts for pontoon boat arrive before to much of June has passed and the place doing repair not be to back logged with other boats. You are becoming a asset to your neighbor helping complete jobs before folks arrive to open their properties for the Summer.
Hunts2long glad your wife now has the medications. May she get more sleep in coming days.
Eddie hope you are over the stomach bug/possible food poisoning.  Good to read you had most of pavers laid by end of Wednesday.
Wallyworld may your lawn have been dry enough so that your tractor/mower did not get stuck. Good to hear that after the half hour deluge rain fall abated to a mist and you only received a total of 1' of rain.
Zcm-82 nice to have a cousin who could do the repair  on car's exhaust and parts were not overly expensive..
Fish/hunt4ever may things be less hectic next week at work for you. May any flooding caused by a rapid melting of your area's snow pack not cause major problems. Oldsailor nice to read your garden is growing well and that the raised beds allow you to do most work from a lawn chair.

May everyone have a good weekend. Best to all with fishing plans.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27954 on: Jun 11, 2022, 05:34 AM »
50* and sunny.
Wife is feeling better, saw her looking in the kitchen for something to eat last night. She printed out a list of things she can have, so I feel a shopping trip may be in store.
The nephew mowed the NEW grass yesterday. I have 2 small spots that need some seed put down, but it is looking good.
This is the weekend that all the high performance boats are on the lake. Saw one yesterday in the village putting gas in it. Twin 350's on it. It was windy yesterday so saw a lot of them up here where it was calm. Trailers at the launch were from Mass, Maine, VT, NH, NJ, Conn. and NY. This lake really does need a speed limit.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27955 on: Jun 11, 2022, 05:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looks like another nice day ahead here, fair skies and 50*, high of 72… :tipup:

Steve…hard not to take this weather that’s for sure! Quite a project coming up with the aqueduct, wow! It surprises me they would choose the Fall for a start up time, although I’m sure there is a reason behind it…less water usage at that time?   :thumbsup:
  OS…glad to read the garden is doing well, like the idea of using the chair…wish my beds were tall enough!  :clap:  It’s been a slow go for most of my peppers and tomatoes so far, but the broccoli has been loving this weather.
  FH4…hope your wife’s surgery went well, best wishes to her with the recovery!   :thumbsup:  Have been getting use to these cooler temperatures here, but know they won’t last…hopefully no flooding with the warmer temps moving in your way.
  Z…best of luck to you, that’s great you have a mechanic in the family just in case things don’t workout, awesome!  :thumbsup:  Good luck with the fishing this weekend if that’s on the list! 
  Wally…going to take the trike out for an ice cream ride today? Have a safe trip if that’s on your planner!   :thumbsup: 
  Jeff…hope the part arrives soon for your pontoon, working on the cabin again today?   :thumbsup:
  Marv…saw a tree company yesterday taking down some huge trees…had the crane out and loading up big flatbed trucks.
Quite an operation, especially doing it in the heart of the city…lots of power lines to deal with!
  H2…sounds like it’s going to be a loud busy day on the reservoir with those boats! Hopefully we won’t read of any accidents… :thumbsup:

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, feeling better today. Not too much on the planner today, a few errands to run and then some lawn work while the temps are comfortable.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27956 on: Jun 11, 2022, 06:19 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

66 with rain on the door step. We may make it to 80 by the afternoon.

Bud...You need a hired man to help ease the load :thumbsup:

h2l... Glad to read your wife is feeling better, best wishes :thumbsup:

IW...Hope your day goes well if you are back on cabin detail :thumbsup:

Eddie...Nice to read you are feeling better. Cranes have really found a place in the tree industry. Finding a good operator is not always easy, then the good ones are usually booked out a few weeks. I always enjoyed working with the guy we used. He and I were always on the same page so dismantling a tree was more of a game. I have cut for guys that had no business operating needless to say down right dangerous lol

WW...Have an enjoyable day no matter what activity you partake in :thumbsup:

Busy day yesterday with odds and ends. Today I have a tree to look at then just a quiet day. The girls were going to take next week off and head to northern WI fishing. The entire week coming up shows 15-30mph winds everyday. They always book a room for 2 separate weeks just in case of bad weather. They are hoping the following week will be better.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27957 on: Jun 11, 2022, 07:04 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......good to hear the "bug" has passed  :thumbsup:  fingers crossed your garden takes off soon  ;D

FH4.....wishing MrsFH a speedy recovery  ;)

Z....hope the repair goes smoothly   :)

WS.....the wind has not been a friend to anyone trying to get on the water this year  :%$#!:  hope the 2nd week forecast turns out better  @)

OS....glad you can tend your garden from the comfort of a lawn chair  :thumbsup:

MrC....the ground is so dry the inch of rain got soaked up pretty quickly, no mowing issues  :clap:

H2L....good to hear MrsH2 is feeling better and getting a shopping list ready  :whistle:  wouldn't want to pay for the gas in those racing boats  :wacko:

IW......hope your day's work goes as planned  :flex:

Got the lawn under control again and also trimmed the bushes in front of the house yesterday (a chore I despise)  :woot:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27958 on: Jun 11, 2022, 07:46 AM »
A decent mid 70's guessed for today. Hopefully they miss on their guess for 90* for next week.

ww Thanks for the pictures of your wisteria. Mine did bloom pretty well this year. It is surprising that is still alive. It was pulled out of a ditch years agoing in VA. It has been transplanted a few times since then. It is like a weed in VA. One woods I saw was full of it in full bloom in the top of the trees. WOW!

WS Good crane operators are hard to find. A cousin of mine was one of the best. I helped him build his new house one winter. He had one of the cranes from the company he worked for in the summer at the job. I was hooking up the rafters for the shed roof that had to be dropped over the already built second story to the living room. I figured out the balance point so they would be at the angle they need to be. He told me he wished he could get take me to work with him because I knew how to do things right. He worked on x-way bridges in the summer.

ZCM I think I paid $2,500 for the 76  Mercury I bought. You did not get the mileage out of the engines back then. If you got 100,00 miles out of one you were lucky.

OS I wish I could have sat in a chair when I was doing some weeding the other day. I thought for a while I was not going to get up. I used the weeding tools to finally get on my feet. After power washing a deck yesterday my one knee is giving me fits. So much for power washing the big deck today.

H2l it is good to hear your wife is feeling better. That she is looking for something to eat is a good sign.

Eddie It is also good to hear you have also beat the bug you had.

Time to get something to eat myself. Then to see if I can get anything done today???

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27959 on: Jun 11, 2022, 08:15 AM »
The wife's surgery went well and all, just had to have a drip tube installed so have to come back Monday or Tuesday it sounds to have it removed. The wife wanted to stay over here with her brother and sister in law with the kids but I think taking her home will be better with no other people to bug her when she wants to sleep or rest. But we will see what the doctor says and how she feels when we get out if here, surgery went about 3 hours a bit linger than the doctor thought but he said he would take his time and do it right, he originally had 2 hours slated. Well have a great Saturday everyone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.