Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650105 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27570 on: May 02, 2022, 06:52 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....agree there's nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....it was a perfect day to be outside doing anything  @)

WS.....fingers crossed you get those 70s soon  ;)2

FH4.....we've all had those days  :(

No turkeys seen or heard yesterday, the guys were home shortly afternoon  :-\  Got the lawn done, planted carrot seeds in the garden, got the screen house put up then grilled some "un-kabobs" for supper  :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:

Checked a few bird houses to see if anything was happening yet and found these baby bluebirds  :)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27571 on: May 02, 2022, 07:08 AM »
WW, I agree, it smells good, the "first" time. After that I'm not so sure....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27572 on: May 02, 2022, 08:22 AM »
H2L….I’m usually good with “the smell” until about October  ;D

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27573 on: May 02, 2022, 09:16 AM »
Another cool and cloudy day ahead. I have to finish loading the burnables on the trailer to take to the burn pile at the property when I go over on Wednesday.

Every one
I am still hoping that my body will let me turkey hunt this year. They shorted our total turkey hunting by a week this year plus made the opening day of each hunt on Sat. The DNR said it was so it would let the mature toms do the breeding?? The genetics are there no matter how old they are!

ZCM
I know where you are coming from with differences of opinion with your FIL. Last fall a friend was all over me about getting the covid shot before I came down with covid. I have not seen him since. I can just hear him when I see him at coffee on Thursday. I am afraid our friendship is going to end when I tell him off.

H2L
On our private lake, they want all of the pike killed so they do not eat their precious green striped carp, akna LM BASS. The wife posted a picture of a 34 inch pike I caught on the lakes website. They were not happy that I released it. I would have kept it and ate if if the lake wasn't 80*+

Eddie
Those were some big stripers Mike caught. I think they talked about planting some mixed breed stripers in Lake Michigan at one time. The pacific salmon have ruined a lot of the small stream trout fishing as they feed on the small trout when they are in the small streams to spawn.

Time to get started on the list of thigs I need to take with me on Wednesday.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27574 on: May 02, 2022, 10:32 AM »
Good morning 52 with cloudy sky and 5-10 mph wind. I received some rain over night and today's forecast is calling for showers at times through out the day. I took a glance at the weekly forecast looks like it is going to be a rainy week .
Ice Wanderer glad you took advantage of yesterday's weather and got your wife's garden tilled and started the toughening/hardening process on her seedings.
Whopper Stopper looks like I will be seeing your recent rain for most of this week. Believe it is around the time of year you preform tree work at the gun range to cover the yearly membership fees.
Eddie good to read you got yard work done yesterday and have also started toughening your seedings for this year's garden. All the best with the pavers tomorrow.
Zcm-82 may you and your FIL be able to coexist for the week.
Hunts2long just my opinion either many fishermen do not have their boat ready for launching or thought the good weather yesterday would have GSL crowded so they choose to fish  later in the season. Wallyworld may Mr.WW and his brother see more activity on their next turkey hunting trip. Good to read your lawn received it's first mowing of the Spring,the screen house is up and you have started planting the garden. many pleasant smell this time of year between flowering plants-trees and the fresh cut lawns.
TomTurkey may you feel well enough to do some Spring turkey hunting.

May everyone have a good and safe Monday.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27575 on: May 02, 2022, 11:53 AM »
Whopper Stopper looks like I will be seeing your recent rain for most of this week. Believe it is around the time of year you preform tree work at the gun range to cover the yearly membership fees.
 Steve

I actually tried to get him to line me up with a couple days but he said we have to wait until closer to fall. I would have much rather gotten it done with so it doesn't get into hunting season.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27576 on: May 02, 2022, 05:30 PM »
The 2022 Hummingbird migration map it getting loaded up.

https://www.hummingbirdcentral.com/hummingbird-migration-spring-2022-map.htm

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27577 on: May 02, 2022, 05:51 PM »
 :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27578 on: May 02, 2022, 06:28 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Rainy day here. My wife had her MRI and the nodules in her head haven’t gotten any bigger which is a good thing. She has been started on early Alzheimer’s medications. Been busy with her. Tomorrow having my kidneys blasted for stones in both kidneys. I hope everyone has been well.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27579 on: May 02, 2022, 07:52 PM »
Well started out raining today and then turned into a nice day, got the 3 beef picked up from the butcher for all the family and friends and got it all put away, except my brother in law's had to leave that one as his wife will be over tomorrow and be able to grab it and take it back home with her. We'll off to end the day and get ready for the next one training another lab tech from Tulsa this week and one from Cairo in the next 2 weeks. Have a good rest of Monday everyone.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27580 on: May 03, 2022, 04:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  45* calm and cloudy this am, high of 64 forecasted.

FH4..that’s a nice way to start the season off with a full freezer of beef, nice!! Best of luck with the trainees!   :clap:
  I-45…very good news on your wife’s MRI, I hope the meds work out for her. Best wishes today with your kidney stone removal, keeping you both in thoughts and prayers Sir.
  Marv…thanks for sharing the hummingbird info, will be keeping an eye open for their arrival.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks, we’ll be having another “ retirees meeting “ today laying pavers… ;D…4 man crew, 3 retired and one young buck 2 years away from signing his papers, lol, should be a fun day!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…we’ll all be here waiting for your reports…hope a personal best comes in your way Sir, best of luck!   :bow:
  Wally…best of luck to Mr.WW and his brother today if they’re back at camp! You had a very productive day around the homestead, excellent job!  :flex: :clap:   I may follow your lead and plant some carrots, getting anxious.   ;D
  H2…would imagine things will be getting busy soon at the launch with all the docks going in again. Have you planned a maiden voyage yet?   :thumbsup:
  Z…hope everything goes well with your FIL’s visit…hang in there!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…what’s on the planner today?

Off to meet up with some of the “ old “ crew shortly, looking forward to that other than the amount of time we’ll be on our knees for the day…so it goes.
   Had a nice breakfast visit yesterday with my Mom and brother. Well, time to get ready…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27581 on: May 03, 2022, 05:45 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

42 with light N/NE winds, may see 55 by the afternoon.

Eddie...Best of luck with the paver job, hope the knees hold up :thumbsup:

45...Best of luck to you and your wife as you continue to fight the battles. How is Mr. Dickens doing ???

WW...I am with you on the smell of fresh cut grass :thumbsup:

TT...The DNR always knows the best :cookoo:

I am off for a walk then I have a big oak to look at. I want the job being it's oak for firewood. I am afraid without bigger equipment I may have to pass on it.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27582 on: May 03, 2022, 05:48 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 39* and a little foggy out. We had some rain overnight. ::)
                            Eddie.........Have a good day with the old crew. :flex: I don't envy you being on your knees a good part of the day. :%$#!: I couldn't
                  do that if I had to. :blink:
                            Marv..........Thank you for the map, it will be awhile before the Hummingbirds show up here. :whistle:
                            Wally.........I hope Mr. WW get a shot at a nice Tom today. :thumbsup:
                            Tom .........Best of luck with your Turkey hunt. :clap:
                            I-45..........Glad the nodules haven't gotten any bigger, hopefully the meds work for your wife. Good luck with the procedure today. :flex:
                            H2l...........Hopefull y you'll get your boat out soon. :unsure: Are there any docks by you in the river? ??? If I lived on the river I'd try to put one in. :unsure:
                            Zcm.........Enjoy the visit with the FIL. :thumbsup:
                            Today I have to go over near  I use to live and cut up a tree that had fallen during the last snow for a woman that I know. I get the wood.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27583 on: May 03, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....have fun today with the crew  :thumbsup:

WS.....think I'll get my hummingbird feeders out today  ;)

IF45.....thoughts and prayers to you both  :)

MrC.....I see the ex-NYPD officer was found guilty  :nono:

IW.....easy does it with the saw  :flex:

A couple errands to run today, nothing much else planned  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27584 on: May 03, 2022, 06:19 AM »
46* and some fog.

Ice-45, good news for the wife. Good luck with the stones. Good hearing from you.

IW, this far up the river docks can be a pain. The river drops very fast most years.

Eddie, may get the boat out this weekend. I am still waiting for my nephew to put in my lawn on the South end of the house where it was dug up from the leech field last Nov. Going to be a "parking" lot with 3 cars and a boat for a while.

Have a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27585 on: May 03, 2022, 08:46 AM »
Good morning!!!Raining as I type!! Got the lawn mowed for the FOURTH time this year!! Rain, rain, go away!!! I hope all are well!! Stay safe and enjoy the day whatever's on your planner!!!  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27586 on: May 03, 2022, 04:43 PM »
Another day of training in the books and maybe another trip to Tulsa next week and maybe another one before the end of the month, oh boy but guess it comes with the territory now a days. Well the day started out nice and now have rain clouds rolling in and we will see how it goes. The farmers market is tomorrow so will see how the wife and mother in law does, and also see how the weather holds out. Have a good Tuesday everyone headed to hump day and closer to the end of the work week for me. Need to figure something out for mothers day this weekend. How time flies.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27587 on: May 03, 2022, 05:46 PM »
Got my hummingbird feeders out around 3 this afternoon. Around 5:30 I looked out my kitchen window and there was a male hummingbird perched on the feeder  :)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27588 on: May 03, 2022, 06:22 PM »
Spring trip is in the books.  Another good one.  No one got hurt or to drunk..😆
 No rain or snow this year but the wind was too much… :P
 Lakers we’re plentiful as usual..
Loser Dean caught two very nice Brook trout and a nice bass by accident… ;)

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27589 on: May 03, 2022, 06:23 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27590 on: May 03, 2022, 06:24 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27591 on: May 03, 2022, 06:25 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27592 on: May 03, 2022, 06:25 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27593 on: May 03, 2022, 06:26 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27594 on: May 03, 2022, 06:28 PM »

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27595 on: May 03, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Awesome pictures Dom!!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27596 on: May 03, 2022, 09:27 PM »
Nice Dom!!!
Did you take any pics?  :whistle:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27597 on: May 04, 2022, 04:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 43* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Dom..........Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It looks like you guys had a good time despite it being a little chilly. :thumbsup: I'm glad
                everyone made it through without injury. :roflmao:
                         OS............The rain will stop at some point. :whistle:
                         Eddie.........How are your knees this morning? ???
                         Marv..........How did your walk go? ???
                         H2l............That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if where you live the river stayed up enough. :blink:
                         Wally.........I was careful and it was a piece of cake cutting up the fallen tree. :flex:
                         After I got home from cutting up the tree, I took advantage of the weather and tackled the lights for my trailer. I had made repairs to the wires before
                 so I decided to change the whole unit out. It was easier than fooling around with the wireing.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27598 on: May 04, 2022, 05:47 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

40 with highs into the 60's later today. It looks like we are finally going to see some decent weather.

IW... The last time my trailer lights went south I went the new route. I found some on sale for under $25 and it was very well worth it :thumbsup: The walk was enjoyable. I am still sticking at 2.5 miles, so just taking it easy.

Eddie...Hope the morning is treating your knees well  :thumbsup:

WW... Hope your weather allows you to hit the lake soon :thumbsup:

I am out the door for another walk. I did pick up the tree job yesterday. 3 dead oaks to knock down and clean up. The one is good size but the stub is only goes up about 10' up before it branches out into 8 separate leads, all very manageable.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27599 on: May 04, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Morning all, 43° and drizzling a bit here, supposed to clear off to sunshine and 60 by afternoon. FIL was complaining about it being cold yesterday when it was 65° outside  :roflmao:

We haven't killed each other yet, so I suppose we're off to a good start. He and the wife are taking the kiddo to the zoo up in Chicago today, so they won't be back until late in the evening. Between that and the forecast looking pretty good, I'll be doing some shooting after work.

Raquettedacker - awesome pics  :thumbsup: Is that your cabin, a friends, or a rental? Makes me really want to get the boat in the water again soon. The weather just hasn't cooperated at all this spring.

IW - I need to replace the trailer pigtail on my car, too. I bought a new one a month or so back, so maybe I'll do that today if I don't forget about it again. Need to replace the plug on my flat trailer as well... it got in a fight with the lawn mower and lost  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.