Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650108 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27540 on: Apr 30, 2022, 04:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        Just a quick stop. I am working today with my neighbor, another spring clean up on Lake George.
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27541 on: Apr 30, 2022, 05:05 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and fairly calm 35* on the Hill this am, might touch 60 for a high today.

FH4…best of luck today with the walleyes, our season opens up tomorrow.  :thumbsup:  How’s the greenhouse coming along?
  Z…you might want to consider buying some molds for making sinkers…with all the shooting you do, you’d have an endless supply of lead to repurpose!   ;D
  Bud…way to go getting your plants all in, will be awhile here yet…did you find a tractor to your liking yet?  :thumbsup:
  H2…sounds like that guy has a good business going up there with the docks!  :clap:  What’s the water temperature up there now…low 40’s?
  Wally…looking forward to some outdoor work today, tried for a bit yesterday morning and just couldn’t take the wind. Might follow your lead and push mow one area of the lawn tomorrow, grass is growing good over the septic system.   ;D
  Marv…hope you had safe travels, enjoy the B’Day visit with the family!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope you have a good day, don’t overdo it! 

We went to my granddaughters softball game yesterday afternoon, what a terrible day for that with the winds. I spent half of the game watching from the car like many others. They chalked up another win anyway, so that was a plus!   :thumbsup:
  Not much on today’s schedule other than catching up around the house…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27542 on: Apr 30, 2022, 05:55 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Just got up a bit ago. Not sure what the weather is doing. If yesterday's guess holds it should be rain and wind for our return trip later this morning.

IW...good luck with sprimg clean up :thumbsup:

Eddie... Congrats to the team on the win :thumbsup:

We had a fun afternoon/evening visiting with my brother. This morning we are getting together with my great niece for breakfast befor heading home.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27543 on: Apr 30, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....have a good day at work  :flex:

H2L......hope the crv is in tip top shape again  ;)

Eddie.....congrats to your granddaughter on the win  :thumbsup:  yesterday's wind made it feel like January again  :%$#!:

WS....hope you all had a fun get together  :thumbsup:  morning sir, enjoy breakfast, safe travels  ;)2

IFF.....glad you got the a/c plugged back in and ready to go  :clap:

FH4.....hope you can get some fishing in this weekend  :)

TT.....doing any turkey hunting this year  ???

Will be picking up sticks/debris today and checking for any potential "quicksand" areas in the lawn so tomorrow's mowing hopefully goes smoothly  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27544 on: Apr 30, 2022, 06:45 AM »
32* and looks like another sunny day.
The CRV is back home with a new radiator, cross over pipe, etc. The car did what it was suppose to do when it started to overheat, SHUTDOWN. It didn't loose any liquid, he said it became "air locked".

Eddie, I stoppend at the Northville launch yesterday and the water temp was 50* but I am sure it is cooler out on the lake. I did see some walleyes last night. I am sure most were females as most seemed to be pretty good sized for this lake. May go a little later tonight. Congrats on the win for your granddaughter.

Hope everyone enjoys the day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27545 on: Apr 30, 2022, 08:33 AM »
High 40's to start the day. Guessers guessing maybe a little rain?

IW My last A1C was 5.7. That is way lower than it has ever been. I do not know what that translates into average blood sugars. My A1C was 13 when I was diagnosed with diabetes.

WS I ate at the Machine Shed in Iowa on a trip west to hunt in Colorado. It was recommended by a friend. I wondered what I got myself into when I walked in the door. All of the men were in suits and the women were in long dresses. We were in traveling clothes. The waitress said there was a Pentecostal meeting in town.

Herters was the place for sportsmen to find what they needed back in the day. I had my dad build me a few Herters Brown Tone rods for me. I have given them all to my grandson. When I was still in high school I  bought a bare canoe hull for $10. It cost me $27 for the fiberglass cloth, resin, and color to fiberglass it from Herters. I still have the canoe.

On that same trip we went in the hot tubs at Pagosa Springs when we came out of the mountains. When I look across the tubs there was a couple I knew from home. That is why I don't do anything I don't want any one to know about because I would get found out.

Today is opening day of small stream trout fishing. I guess I will miss another one. Too far to walk in to where I want to fish.

ww I am going to try to turkey hunt. MY season starts on the 7th. I will have to wait and ee what the body says. MY knee is pretty iffy  right now.

My oldest son came up yesterday and helped put the fence and phony outhouse back up that got blown over last winter.

I need to get moving as I have some yard clean-up to get done and put in the trailer so I  can haul it to the property when I go over to try and turkey hunt next week.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27546 on: Apr 30, 2022, 08:50 AM »
Headed to the lake here in a few a nice day out there so far since it rained a little bit here and there over the last 2 days. Greenhouse update it is going good for the wife have a couple tomato plants in a Topsy turvey, I think itls what they were called, and have a bunch of plants doing well will be about a month before we put the plants in the ground.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27548 on: Apr 30, 2022, 11:20 AM »
RIP Adrian :(
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27549 on: Apr 30, 2022, 11:56 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27550 on: Apr 30, 2022, 06:13 PM »

RIP Adrian. Too young to go. :( :

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27551 on: Apr 30, 2022, 06:54 PM »
Godspeed Adrian.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27552 on: Apr 30, 2022, 07:16 PM »
Well fishing was slow but managed to get a couple in the boat the wife lost one right at the net and had another one take a chunk out of a minnow, missed a few other hits on the crawlers just no hook ups.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27553 on: Apr 30, 2022, 08:44 PM »
 Good evening an afternoon high temperature in upper sixties,sunshine and lower wind speeds made for a pleasant day here in New Windsor. Looking at news from my area see two stories that may have made national news. A 22 year old former marine from my county who was fighting with Ukrainian forces was killed in action according to information given by his family to news media outlets. This is the first confirmed death of a U.S. citizen in that conflict. The other story involves a retired NYC police officer on trail for his actions during the Jan.6TH,2021 riot at the U.S. capitol among charges against him is assaulting a Metro.-D.C. police officer there is body camera footage of him fighting/struggling with the police officer. This gentleman was on the stand Thursday and testified he was acting in self defense after the police officer struck him in the head . The trail is still under way.
Ice Wander may all have gone well for your and the neighbor with today's Spring Cleaning work. Currently there is no youth lacrosse program in the city of Newburgh or two surrounding towns which make up the school district. So Newburgh's players start learning the game at an older age then players on other teams. Some teams also have players who belong to travel league teams and play for them besides their school team. Newburgh did add JV and modified teams 3-4 years ago so hopefully that will help improve things on the varsity level in coming years.
Eddie good to read your SIl-BIL had a problem free trip to Illinois. I' sure elevation,air temperature and your slightly more Northern Latitude all contribute the difference in plant/tree leaf emergence in the Spring.
Whopper Stopper glad you had a nice visit with your brother and niece and got back to MN. safely.
Wallyworld may your property look better after today's clean-up work. I hope the two of you did not find to many "quick-sand" areas so you can mow tomorrow.
Hunts2long good to hear the CRV is back home. I guess with GSL being a reservoir with changing water levels most people have floating docks which are pulled each Fall and put back out at this time of year.
IFF nice to read you have the planting completed. Also good that you have a  water heater and the furnace does not heat water in your home other then maybe the heating system.May it not take long for the Mini-Cooper fuel pump to arrive in Knoxville and Linda have the car back from dealership this coming week.
Zcm-82 may the weather by you have allowed for target shooting today and you have the sights on 1873 adjusted so you are shooting tight groupings with the rifle.
Fish/hunt4ever good to see you were able to do some fishing and caught a few for a future meal. Things look good in the green house.
Drifter thank you for the cabin Radio link to story on your paradox Lake neighbor. Sounds like he was a well respected and much loved gentleman who will be missed by many people. GOOd to see the fundraiser received a good sum of money to help his family.

Have a good night. Best wishes to my fellow New Yorker's with plans to fish for walleye,northern pike,pickerel and tiger muskellunge this opening week of their respective seasons. Also best wished for those Spring turkey hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27554 on: May 01, 2022, 04:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 35* and clear here on my hill. Another nice day ahead. ::)
                      Marv.......I'm glad to read that you had a nice family get together and you had a safe trip home. :thumbsup:
                      H2l.........50* at the boat launch sounds promising for good water temps on the main lake. :whistle: I'm glad to read that the CRV is back
              and running like almost new. :clap:
                      Wally......Hopefully the ground is dry enough to be able to mow today without getting berried in the quicksand. :blink: See the wind helped
             dry things out. :roflmao:
                      Eddie.....That wind must have been challenging for the kids to play ball. :%$#!:
                      Steve.....It was sad news about the young man losing his life in Ukraine, he left behind a wife and a young child.  :(
                      Fish.......I'm glad you were able to get out to do some fishing. :thumbsup:
                      Bud.......It's good to have your planting done, now watch it grow. :flex:
                      Yesterdays cleanup went well, we finished this big yard by noon, then we went to Trout Lake to take a bubbler out from around the dock of
             another property that we will do cleanup net weekend. When I got home there was a pile of wood in my driveway, #1 son had cleaned up a tree
             that fell during the snow storm so he brought the wood to me, about 2 chords.
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27555 on: May 01, 2022, 05:53 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to May!  Clear and 37* this am, high of 65 today.  Best of luck to fellow NY’ers with today’s opening seasons!

Jeff…glad you had a good work day yesterday, must have been a nice surprise arriving home to that new wood pile!  :thumbsup:  Tip of the hat to #1 son taking care of Dad… :bow:
  Dave…what a terrible loss to all the family, friends and community. RIP Adrian
  Steve…thanks for sharing the news article’s, very sad news about the Marine.
  FH4…congrats on the catching, good luck today if you’re heading back out!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…best of luck to you and your son with the turkeys, will be looking forward to your reports!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you find the ground dry enough for the first cut today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad you had a great Birthday visit with your brother and family!   :clap: 

Got a message from one of my sons ( Mike ) yesterday morning out fishing for Striped Bass on the Hudson River…he was holding up the first fish of the day, a 36” Striper he just landed. He sent me several updates throughout the day, believe they went 4 for 10 with hookups using live herring. Last fish of the day was a monster 44” that he landed and a personal best…the old man was proud, and maybe even a little jealous!   ;D
  Some outside work to get done this morning and maybe a little grilling this afternoon…Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27556 on: May 01, 2022, 07:00 AM »
This is Eddie's son Mike with his 36" Striper

This is Mike with his personal best 44"

Congratulations Mike!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27557 on: May 01, 2022, 07:11 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......woohoo, congrats to Mike on a great day  :thumbsup: :clap:

WS.....thanks for posting Eddie's pics  :bow:

IW.....now that the ground has mostly dried, can we please drop the wind a bit for some boat time  ??? ;D

Drifter.....again my condolences on Adrian's passing, so sad  :'( :'(

TT.....good luck with the turkey hunt, hope your knee lets you get where you want to be  ;)

MrC.....I had heard about the marine that was killed in Ukraine, very sad  :'( :'(

H2L.....how's the boat traffic this morning on the lake  ???

MrWW and his brother are turkey hunting this morning at camp, fingers crossed they at least see a few birds  :whistle:

All systems are a go today for mowing today  :flex:  before the rain moves in tonight   ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27558 on: May 01, 2022, 07:49 AM »
Marv, thank you so much for sharing the pictures!!!   :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27559 on: May 01, 2022, 07:54 AM »
40* this morning.
RIP, Adrian.
WW, only 4 trailers at the launch this morning. Didn't see any boats out on the lake.
Eddie, congrats to Mike on his PB.
Lindsay and Rocky came up for dinner yesterday, then we played a couple of games of "Fill or Bust. I didn't win.
Not much planned for today. Be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27560 on: May 01, 2022, 08:10 AM »
Wow those are some nice strippers, one of those fish I would like to catch one of these days, maybe a retirement trip. Going to hook up the boat and get ready to meet coworker and girlfriend to take on the lake just not sure if I want to head to small lake or big lake since I heard some fish are biting on the big lake will let them decide where they want to go.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27561 on: May 01, 2022, 09:14 AM »
 Good morning 55 with mostly blue sky and light wind (maybe 5 mph) headed to a high of seventy. Taking a quick look at my TV and Internet service provider's news website I saw some sad news for Country music fan Naomi Judd of the mother-daughter duo the Judds has passed away at age of 76. Statement released by her daughters Wynonna and Ashley said their mom lost her battle with mental illness no details given. Wynonna and Naomi were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame today family has asked that the induction go on as planed they also had a reunion tour scheduled for this Fall. The Judds released six studio albums between 1984 ans 1991 when Naomi stopped performing after being diagnosed with hepititas C which she believed she was exposed while working as a nurse prior to her singing career taking off on a national/world level. In happier news (at least for NY,Met fans) the Mets recorded the second no-hitter in the teams history using a combination of 5 pitchers to score a 3-0 win over the Philadelphia Phillies.
Ice Wanderer good to read yesterday's jobs went well,I hope no one had to go into the water to retrieve the bubbler. Nice surprise to find in the driveway when you got home.
Eddie congratulations to your son Mike I was wondering if the striped spawning run up the Hudson river had started yet this year. Two very nice fish thank you for sharing the photos.
Whopper Stopper thank you for posting photos of Eddie's son Mike's striped bass. May you have a good Sunday whatever is on your schedule.
Wallyworld good to hear your lawn has dried out and ground is firm enough to perform first Spring cutting today. May Mr.WW and his brother's morning turkey hunt be a good one.
Hunts2long I think you will see some boats out on GSL from your location as the day goes on given the nice weather.
Fish/hunt4ever best to you,your coworker and his girlfriend on whichever lake you choose to fish at today.
TomTukey and my best wishes to Wallyworld's that you and your son have a good turkey hunting season. May your knee not give you any trouble.

Have a nice Sunday, keep safe and stay healthy. best to all fishing or spring Turkey hunting today.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27562 on: May 01, 2022, 12:47 PM »

Congrats to Mike on catching that monster wow

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27563 on: May 01, 2022, 02:01 PM »
Congratulations to Mike for a PB. Those stripers are monsters.👍😃

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27564 on: May 01, 2022, 05:47 PM »
Fished the big lake and had some action just nothing in the boat today, lost the one we had on for a bit and had several other bites just nothing connecting to the crank baits and the other bites were on a minnow behind a harness that killed the minnow just did not get the hook. Was a nice day besides the wind and waves at times. But was nice to see water temp and check things out for a day.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27565 on: May 02, 2022, 04:48 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 43* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          Steve..........That was sad news about Naomi Judd. :(
                          H2l.............I glad you all had a good dinner and fun playing Fill or Bust. :thumbsup:
                          Wally..........Yesterd ay was a beautiful day to be out mowing the lawn, I love the smell of the first grass cutting. :flex:
                          Fish............That's fishing, but I bet it was nice to be out on the lake. :clap:
                          Tom............My last A1C test was a 6.3, when I started going to "VA" for check ups it was at 11 so they're pretty happy with my #'s. :flex
                          Eddie..........It was a good day to be out doing some yard work and to finish it off with a BBQ. :thumbsup:
                          Well yesterday was a beautiful day to be out, I tilled my wife's garden and I put her seedlings out to start toughing them up. At the end of the dat
                I took my wife out to dinner.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27566 on: May 02, 2022, 04:59 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

40 degrees with temps getting to 50 by the afternoon. The wind and rain is finally out of here and and there is talk of a couple of 70's in the forecast :thumbsup:

IW...Good job getting the garden tilled :thumbsup:

Eddie...Hope you were able to get the grilling in yesterday :thumbsup:

WW...Hope the mowing went well, best of luck to Mr.WW with the turkey hunt :thumbsup:

TT...Best of luck when you get out chasing some Turkeys :thumbsup:

Not a lot going on here today. Once light, I am going to get a walk in then figure something out after that. It might be a good day to head over to the range for.

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27567 on: May 02, 2022, 05:03 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  47* with light rain falling this am, high of 53 today.

FH4…sorry the trip didn’t pan out for you all putting some fish in the box, better luck next trip!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope the bubbler job went well….it wasn’t for that guy living next to Vets Park by chance was it?   ;D. I had my seedlings out for a few hours yesterday as well…will get them out later again if the rain stops. Hope you had a nice dinner together!   :clap:
  OG…have you been finding any good deals lately?
  Steve…sad news about Naomi Judd, may she RIP now. Congrats to the Mets and their fans for the no hitter and win, awesome job!   :thumbsup:
  H2…surprised there weren’t more boats out with the nice weather conditions yesterday, won’t be long. Is Fill or Bust a card game, not familiar with that one. 
  Wally…how did Day 1 of the turkey season go for Mr.WW and his brother? Hope they saw some birds!   :thumbsup:  Heard a few shots yesterday morning…
  Marv…thanks again for sharing the pictures, enjoy the shooting today!    :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, will pass them on to Mike!!  :thumbsup:  They had a great time and got into some quality fish, good memories for sure!
  Got pretty much everything done I wanted to yesterday outside, now just need some better weather to head this way, lol. Off to breakfast with my Mom this morning, have a job lined up for tomorrow setting pavers with a buddy.
   Cawfee’s on…

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27568 on: May 02, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Morning all, 42° and clear here, forecast is 64 and overcast this afternoon.

Haven't been online over the weekend, so I'll have to play catchup on the thread when I have time today.

FIL is flying in from Florida for the week today. We don't see eye to eye on a great number of things, so we'll see how big of a train wreck it turns into between today and Sunday  ::)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27569 on: May 02, 2022, 06:04 AM »
47* cloudy with some rain on the way.
Eddie, yes a card game with dice. It's a faster game than some of the others.

I was surprised on how few boats were out myself. Only talked to one guy and he was putting his docks in, not fishing. Didn't see anyone out in front of the house, that's where I would have been. Back in the 70/80's there would be as many as 20/25 boats out here on opening weekend. When I was a kid I can remember fishing with my Uncle Gorden about 200 yards north of where I now live. Live bait from shore. I do believe that a lot of fishermen now target the pike the first week or two.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.