Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650113 times)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25860 on: Dec 16, 2021, 05:25 AM »
Morning all, 57° ane breezy here. The temp is actually declining, abd will be low 30s by afternoon and back below freezing tonight.

Wind was howling all night, we had some gusts around 60, so I'll have to check for damage after work today, too dark to see anything out yet. The rain didn't amount to much, thankfully, about 1/4"

masoneddie - sorry to hear you didn't get a shot, better luck today, hopefully  ;D

IW - I made a bobber out of a little 600 Honda Shadow in my early 20s. Looked cool, but it was not much fun to ride far with no fenders and no rear suspension. I had the swingarm welded solid... poor choice in hindsight  ::)

mr.clean - thanks, hope you start seeing some ice in your neighborhood soon, too.

Driftet - Glad to know I wasn't the only one who tipped my little toy 4wd over a time or two  :roflmao: Funny you mention a Bronco. My Samurai was actually the replacement for an 85 Bronco I totaled in similar conditions. Crested a little bump in a dirt road, and suddenly it was total snot... lost control, ended up fighting a tree, and the tree won. Still have back problems from that wreck, so I'd say the tree actually achieved a total victory.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25861 on: Dec 16, 2021, 05:26 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

26 degrees with winds gusting to 32mph. It was a wild weather night with 65+ wind gusts, fortunately for us most of the wind damage stayed in the southern part of the state. Yesterdays high was 58 today 24 :cookoo:

mr .clean..... You are correct about my wife working from home today. Lots of re-freeze going on this morning, the winds will be with us for the day.

IW....The blood work came back and looked good. Best of luck to you with the Christmas shopping :thumbsup:

Eddie...Best of luck in the woods :thumbsup:

WW....Hope the peanut butter balls all made it through the night ;D

Not sure what's on the planner today, I will be able to tell more once it gets light.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25862 on: Dec 16, 2021, 05:45 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad you weathered the storm ok  :clap:

IW....have fun shopping  :thumbsup:

MrC.....my tracker was also stock, soft top bought brand new, hit an unexpected pocket of slush, slid into a ditch and ended up hanging upside down from my seat belt/shoulder harness  ::)

Eddie....glad you were able to spend time with your Mom yesterday  :thumbsup:  good luck in the woods  ;)

IFF.....I'm sure Jake will learn some manners as long as you keep working with him  ;)

Z.....hope any damage is minimal  :unsure:

Never got around to the peanut butter balls yesterday  :blink:  did throw together a batch of granola energy bites for MrWW to take to camp today tho

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25863 on: Dec 16, 2021, 05:57 AM »

Good Morning ER's   H2L that place  looks like a slice of heaven. 32* here; yesterday set a all time high for Dec. 68*  IW good job on the trail. Mason good luck on your hunt. Have a good day and stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25864 on: Dec 16, 2021, 06:59 AM »
38* and cloudy.
Eddie, sure hoping one of those deer makes a mistake.
My nephew is a full time corrections officer but only 3 years until he can retire. The maple, lawncare, snow plowing will keep him busy in retirement.

My lower back has bothered me for a couple days. This morning i figured it out, Tuesday I carried a couple pumkins on a snow shovel and tossed them at the end of the yard for the birds/squirrels. I know that was it.

Back in 1999/2000 school year we had an exchange student from Brazil. Pricilla and Lindsay were both in the Class of 2000. She lives in NYC so we see in once in awhile. Her Mother lives in NJ. Yesterday the wife and I met Priscilla for lunch in Johnstown. She works for a Prop. Management Company and has been inspecting some of the new Walmarts. It was a great visit.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25865 on: Dec 16, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Well winter might have arrived and we might be building some ice to walk on, seen a low of 1 and been around 5 when I ventured into work this morning around 4.  The winds have slowed down a bit to calm at times so the calm times hopefully the ice has a chance to skim over and keep building.  Hope everyone survived the storms with no damage as that wind was brutal here.  Have a truck for loading today maybe still stuck in Colorado as the roads were closed to high profile vehicles as the tankers usually are not subject to those restrictions the trucks are, and do not want corrosive truckers tipped over, even empty as seen too many tipped over in the last few days. Well will be headed to Salt lake for the wife to get the biopsy of what ever is in her arm on the 27th of December, better than the 2oth of January when I want to be headed to the lake for the derby.  Stay safe everyone hopefully all this COVID junk goes away, the mask mandates really do not help since the masks stop particles and bacteria at best but I guess it is another control measure, sorry another rant will leave it there and move on stay safe everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25866 on: Dec 16, 2021, 10:22 AM »
Am I living in a wind tunnel ?

Sure felt like it, last night, and its still blowing.

Really Christmas Shanty ?  You guys are weird....and I love it  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #25867 on: Dec 16, 2021, 10:39 AM »
Am I living in a wind tunnel ?

Sure felt like it, last night, and its still blowing.

Really Christmas Shanty ?  You guys are wierd....and I love it  :roflmao: :roflmao:
I had to chase mine down 2 yards away!! And of course we're weird, feel free to join us!!  :thumbsup: :flex: ;)2 :whistle: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #25868 on: Dec 16, 2021, 10:41 AM »
Trash bins were brought in before it got really windy.  ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25869 on: Dec 16, 2021, 12:23 PM »
Sad deal here.  :'(
There was no reason for this to happen. I always slow right down when I come to the crossing when driving in the area.
I also keep my wits about me on the trail when snowmobiling and have run into dog teams many times on the trail.
It is a well used snowmobile and dog sledding trail.

https://cabinradio.ca/82075/news/yellowknife/richard-beck-dog-team-hit-by-truck-an-accident-mushers-foresaw/?fbclid=IwAR0TCFEbp672UOUhGhho-7I37yDZRl3OtSdvTD4uvzZgkikmcFIZxOEH4pk

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25870 on: Dec 16, 2021, 02:33 PM »
So sad Drifter, glad it wasn't worse  :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25871 on: Dec 16, 2021, 02:59 PM »
So sad Drifter, glad it wasn't worse  :'(

X2

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25872 on: Dec 16, 2021, 03:52 PM »
See 12 semi’s were blown over in Colorado Springs yesterday

Dang Dave, was just watching life below zero and musher got separated from his sled, dogs didn’t stop and the sled got wrecked
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25873 on: Dec 16, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Afternoon all, 42° and dropping, and the wind is finally dying down.

Had a look around the house, only lost a couple more shingles from the same spot as before, and a few small tree branches down; no major damage.

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25874 on: Dec 16, 2021, 06:14 PM »
Well some lakes are getting ice and others are getting thicker ice. Up north of me a few spots have had fish able ice for a week or so usually we are the area of the state that walks on water first and now we might be close to last but should be making some today as the calmest day we had for awhile and Temps reached 36 for a high so should have built ice all day on the lake. Pheasant hunting and ice checking might be on the planer for this weekend.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25875 on: Dec 16, 2021, 09:54 PM »
 Good evening , i did not check to see if my area set a new high temperature record for this date my balcony thermometer was reading sixty degrees at 12 PM .  I have not heard of any customer confrontations about face masks at store where i work. my employer does have a worker stationed with a supply of masks and hand sanitizer by the entrance at busier times of the day. this coming weekend should be interesting.
Drifter sad story about the dog musher may some solution be worked out to avoid this from happening again may Mr.Beck make a good recovery from his injuries.
IFF might be a good idea to put your address on the trash can so it hopefully can be returned if it ever is blown away by high winds.
Ice Wanderer good to read the cross country ski trail work is finished may your area get enough snow for your neighbor to use the trail this winter. hope you completed the christmas shopping today. The outlet mall area of lake George should be a mess this weekend. i agree local governments are tired of having to find ways to fund the cost of unfunded federal and State mandates.
Eddie hopefully the employee/customer confrontation over the face mask ended without anyone getting physical. businesses and their employees are being placed in a hard sistuation some businesses like my employer are providing masks now getting some folks to take and wear one can be a struggle. may today's hunting seen you get a shot at a deer. Good that you and your sister could have lunch with your mom.
Zcm-28 glad you did not see any major property damage from the high winds. may the falling temperature start ice forming on your local lakes.
whopper Stopper good to hear you got through the storm safely. I seen a couple post by I.S. member rebelss where he lives in Rochester,MN.area saw property damage and one person killed when a tree fell on them.
wallyworld scary story about your geo tracker accident. best to Mr.WW in filling his remaining deer tag.
Old Goat some strange weather the past couple of weeks across the united states.
Hunts2long thank you for answering my question about your nephew looks like he is well prepared for retirement. nice that you still have contact with the exchange student and that she now lives in New York and all of you can visit now and then.
Fish/hunt4ever good to hear the winds are starting to calm down. Did the tanker truck ever make it to your workplace to pick up it's load. May your prediction be correct and your hunting or ice fishing this weekend.

Everyone keep safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25876 on: Dec 17, 2021, 04:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  49* with 20-30mph winds here this am, might hit 51 before gradually dropping later today. Weather app showing 7” plus of snow for tomorrow… :o

Steve…definitely a tough spot to be in for businesses. The Tractor Supply store I was at also had the masks and hand sanitizer available for customers before entering…guess that fellow was just not ready to put on a mask again yet, but that’s the way it is for now. No shirt, no shoes, no mask..no service. :whistle:
  FH4…sending best wishes for your wife, hope everything goes well. Good luck this weekend with the pheasants and finding some fishable ice!   :thumbsup:
  Z…X2 on Steve’s reply, looks like your winds made it here overnight.   ;D
  Bud…heard on the news Colorado Springs had winds around 100mph, crazy!
  Dave…what a shame about the accident, X3 on Wally’s reply. Hopefully they can come up with a better solution before someone doesn’t get killed.
  Marv…the winds aren’t as strong as you had there, but the weather pattern is the same, lol.  :cookoo:  Did you find some puttering to do yesterday?   ;D
  Wally…another fine looking batch out of the bakery!  :clap:  Best of luck to Mr.WW!  :thumbsup:
  OG…did the ice make it through the warm front?
  H2…keeping my fingers crossed one of them slips up, will try again today!  :thumbsup: Glad you a nice lunch together with Pricilla, that’s wonderful you stay in touch after all those years!!  :bow:
  Jeff…how did the shopping go?  Will be doing that this morning again…finishing up.   :thumbsup:

Had a few things which kept me busier than expected yesterday, but did manage to get the last 2 hours of the afternoon in. Sure fealt nice not having to bundle up with temps around 60*. Saw some bees out again yesterday, but not one deer moving off stand. Maybe this afternoon will be better with snow coming in tomorrow.
  Just a few things to pickup this morning and my Christmas shopping is done…don’t think I’ve ever been done this early, lol. Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25877 on: Dec 17, 2021, 05:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 39* and the wind is blowing. The temperature dropped 5* in the las 15 minutes, a cold front is moving in. ::)
                           Eddie........Good luck in the stand today. :thumbsup: I'm glad you got the bulk of your shopping done. :flex:
                           Dave........That's a sad sight to see, I'm glad that the dogs didn't get hurt, as for the man, I'm glad he didn't get hurt as well but he's
                the one in control. :blink:
                           Steve.......People don't think that it's costing these businesses $$ to have a person at the door handing out mask. :%$#!: It looks like
                my neighbors will be able to use the ski trail after Saturday, we're slated to get up to 7" of snow. :unsure:
                           H2l..........I hope your back is back to normal before Sunday night bowling. :unsure:
                           Bud.........Aren't yo glad you're not back in Colorado with the winds they had? ???
                           Marv........How was the puttering yesterday? ???
                           Zcm........Your winds have arrived here. lol :roflmao:
                           Wally.......Some fine looking baked goods. :thumbsup:
                           Not much on the planner today, I do have to go to my financial guy today and give him a check for my grandkids Christmas present.
                I opened an investment account for each grandchild when born, the give them $$ for their birthdays and at Christmas. They get enough toys
                from others. They might not appreciate it now but when they turn 21 they will think differently.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25878 on: Dec 17, 2021, 05:49 AM »
Morning all, 24° clear, and calm here... so that's a 30+ degree drop in 24 hours. Forecast high is 40° with sun and a light breeze.

Got lucky yesterday, stopped at a LGS after work on a whim and found a pound of some powder I had been searching months for, so that was a plus.  ;D Not much else new here.

IW & masoneddie - hope you get away relatively unscathed like I did. That wind was flat out nasty.

mr.clean - forecast is not great, but definitely better than it has been. Looks like the ponds around here will probably skin over, but not really build much ice over the next week. Looking good for New Year's weekend, though. If the weathermen are close *always a big stretch* I may be drilling some holes next Thursday or Friday best case scenario...New Years Day or the 2nd most likely, though.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25879 on: Dec 17, 2021, 06:37 AM »
49* clear and light winds.
Drifter, hope the musher makes a full recovery.
Eddie, the whole hunting season has had very strange weather, too warm, lots of wind, temps up and down. No wonder the deer haven't been moving very much. Stay at it, it will happen.

Priscilla is like one of our own. She ALWAYS calls on our birthday and Mother and Father's Day.

I think the wife is about done with the baking.

Not much planned for today, stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25880 on: Dec 17, 2021, 06:43 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

13 ice making degrees :thumbsup: It appears we are in for a few a stretch of cooler weather, I will be poking around over the weekend to see if anyone is venturing out.

Eddie....It is unbelievable how much a person can get done when you aren't working :roflmao:

IW....Good going grandpa :clap: My brother does the same for his grand kids. I was busy all day with the puttering. I spent a fair amount of time getting some older Polar tip ups re-packed and set up for walleyes. I also spent some time in Shamu, cleaning it up and putting the tires on it.

WW....Hope Mr. WW can finish off a venison trifecta :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Today I am coming out of my winter retirement and helping my neighbor knock down a large cherry tree. I have been giving him the business about a particular leaning cherry for about 5 years. My prompting has always been met with good-natured banter. About 3 years ago he clipped it with his snow plow causing some damage to his plow and front end. This past Tuesday he was snow plowing and backed into it causing $5500 in damage :whistle: He called me and asked if I would cut it down for him ??? I pretty well made him beg, reciting back to him all of his own stated objections over the years :roflmao: I am expecting an entertaining morning giving him a hand.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25881 on: Dec 17, 2021, 06:59 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....hope the back is feeling better  ;)

Eddie....with the storm coming the deer should be moving today, good luck  :thumbsup:

IW.....looks like you got the ski trail ready just in time   @)

WS.....hope all goes well on the job today  :flex:

FH4.....best wishes to MrsFH with the upcoming biopsy  ;)

MrC.....hopefully  no one ends up getting involved in a physical confrontation over masks  ::)

IFF.....hope all your friends back in CO made it thru that storm ok, looked pretty crazy on the news  :wacko:

Mid December in CNY record breaking temp of 63* yesterday and still dealing with

3-5" of snow in the forecast for tomorrow  :blink: :cookoo:

Got the pb balls done yesterday

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25882 on: Dec 17, 2021, 07:06 AM »
Good Morning ER's it's I don't know *  heading up for graduation and honors programs today&tomorrow. Eddie the lake actually had people on it wed. morning by early afternoon maybe earlier it was open edges and holes. Nobody on ice in afternoon and by next morning it was all gone. Back to square one for at least the 3rd time maybe 4th. There is going to be some deals ahead with this late ice everywhere. Enjoy the weekend stay safe

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25883 on: Dec 17, 2021, 07:26 AM »
Man those peanut butter balls look really good, my buddy that passed away this year always made them and it makes me think of the time with him fishing and at work and all those wonderful peanut butter balls that I was able to enjoy over the years, but they slowed down when he retired as I only got a few here and there after that.

Well got the major PM done on instrument and trailers arrived today since the storm passed and the trucks were able to drive again, well better get back at it my technician just arrived.  A cool 7 degrees when I arrived at work today so building more ice.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25884 on: Dec 17, 2021, 08:28 AM »
Well, my time in Wisconsin is coming to a close. The auntie is moving pretty good after her new knee- she was even able to retreat to the basement when the big wind came through Wednesday night. It was not kind to the pine trees- several hundred year old ones came down and took out the power. She had no real damage, just a few truckloads of branches, but judging bu the amount of insulation and shingles, someone upwind got it pretty bad. They had the inmates from the local prison down to saw up trees and clear the roads.
Got here in a blizzard, cleared all that snow, it all melted on Wednesday. The pond out the window melted off, and the geese came back, but today it is capped again, and they are down on the river.
Saw the lake is starting to freeze back home, and there is snow to test the snowmobiles, so I can keep busy until Christmas.

Don't eat too many cookies- I hope all of you still fit into your ice fishing bibs!

:tipup:

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25885 on: Dec 17, 2021, 01:25 PM »
Oh and my brother and his buddy got one.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25886 on: Dec 17, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Marv
Cut that cherry into 8 foot lengths and ship it up to me!!!!
Need some cherry lumber for the cabin.
;)
Or maybe take it home and store it until I come through in the spring.
Even better is get a sawmill to cut it into 1" thick boards and we will find room in the trailer for them.  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25887 on: Dec 17, 2021, 04:42 PM »
Well tomorrow I plan to go to the lake and start plowing the road to the cabin.
It's gonna be rough though as it's freaking cold out there. Will have to hook up the trailer, load up the SxS, get gas, drive out, unload, plow, load and come home then do it all again on Sunday.
This year the cold has really been bugging me. Seems the COVID has messed up my circulation in my hands and feet.
The hands are the worst, it only takes a few seconds in the open air before they begin to burn like when the Dr freezes off a wart. 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25888 on: Dec 17, 2021, 04:49 PM »
Marv
Cut that cherry into 8 foot lengths and ship it up to me!!!!
Need some cherry lumber for the cabin.
;)
Or maybe take it home and store it until I come through in the spring.
Even better is get a sawmill to cut it into 1" thick boards and we will find room in the trailer for them.  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I just read this. The tree was cut into 16" blocks. It would have made nice lumber :%$#!:

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25889 on: Dec 17, 2021, 06:08 PM »
I just read this. The tree was cut into 16" blocks. It would have made nice lumber :%$#!:

WS

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.