Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1648173 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25800 on: Dec 12, 2021, 09:02 AM »
Marv do you put trail cams out after season at the shack ?  Wondering if the one I scared was a stranger to those parts.

Euchre tournament wasn't run like I expected. As you would rotate partners every 8 hands, and in some cases tables. Anyway the final outcome was each had a card to record how many points each player had, there object was to gain as many points as possible. Yours truely had the least. which was awarded the entry fee back. So all in all got to meet players from all over the area. half way through a lunch was served, which included a venison chilli which was outstanding. Each time you and your partner got bumped, not getting 3 out of 5 tricks a hand, a quarter was put in a bucket. each table had one. it cost me 5 quarters. So not bad, a fun time with an outstanding lunch for the cost of $1.25  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:

More box diving, and a football game to watch is on tap.  Daughter and grandson came over and moved the freezer in on the front porch where it will stay, while I was playing cards, downside is they both have sore backs.

Yes it is hard to lose pets, as they most often become, like family

Hope everyone enjoys there day.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #25801 on: Dec 12, 2021, 11:13 AM »
Go NAVY!!! I also see that Ohio basketball beat Wisconsin.  :thumbsup: :flex: ;)2 This weather roller coaster is a bummer! I've said several prayers for those who lost their lives or homes in the tornado outbreak! They are saying the worst in Kentucky history!  :'(  Everyone stay safe and well!!!  :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25802 on: Dec 12, 2021, 11:44 AM »
OS you really didn't have to remind me.  FYI I was pulling for Ohio over Michigan  ;)

See the weather map before those tornadoes took off. And the warnings. See pictures of aftermath, sure didn't look good. Yes they all the help they can get.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25803 on: Dec 12, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Marv do you put trail cams out after season at the shack ?  Wondering if the one I scared was a stranger to those parts.

I usually pull the cameras after the season is over. Things get pretty quiet.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25804 on: Dec 12, 2021, 01:21 PM »
The Grinch has been doing his best to ruin Christmas here in Yellowknife!!!  >:(
From letdowns from suppliers to 3,000 mile journey across the country and now the Grinch pushing the truck into the weeds on it's final leg of the trip. What else could go wrong?  :'(

https://cabinradio.ca/81809/news/yellowknife/truckload-of-christmas-trees-hits-ditch-outside-yellowknife/?fbclid=IwAR3biEKD_cHqRwWZg-C6ISRb1lOzI5quQDu-NErHdQNcUSBKcxEr2gxM87A

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25805 on: Dec 12, 2021, 05:50 PM »
Working it!!!!  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25806 on: Dec 12, 2021, 06:03 PM »
Looks great Dave!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25807 on: Dec 12, 2021, 06:06 PM »
Is it nice and warm with the heater/defroster going?? ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25808 on: Dec 12, 2021, 07:35 PM »
Is it nice and warm with the heater/defroster going?? ;)2

Toasty!!! ;D
Was only wearing a tee shirt and hoody and a pair of track pants.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25809 on: Dec 12, 2021, 09:18 PM »
 Good evening, after a high near sixty on Saturday only reached forty five for a high today. Goo to read all in Ny. who were in the path of the high winds are safe and did not have any major damages to their properties. Starting to look like Christmas with all the photos of Holiday cookies and other items.
Ice Wanderer good looking cookies nice work by your wife. Personally think  Gov. Hochul is trying to put some distance between her time working with Cuomo and the election next November. Still a chance someone is going to find she knew more about his sexual misconduct then she claims and will use that against her in fight to be elected Governor.
Old Goat I've seen some big changes in the winter weather by me over the past five years. A couple of years we reached highs of seventy or higher in February.
Eddie good to hear Cody like the bone broth may it help with the digestive issues and arthritis.
Wallyworld hope you have internet service back. Sounds like a busy night for Mr.WW and his fellow firemen. How did the Christmas get together go i'm sure your two breads were popular.
Hunts2longglad your electric power is restored. BY chance do you know if the West point cadet went on to graduate. I know 25-30 years ago one cadet one the Men's ice Hockey team had severe hearing loss but thanks to his athletic skills was still able to attend west point. So some exceptions are made in who get accepted I assume once physically challenged cadets graduate they are assigned to positions where those challanges will not hinder performance of their 4 year post academy military service commitment.
IFF glad you had a good time at the tournament and made relationships with some of the other card players.
Drifter thank you for the link to Boy Scout Christmas trees trip to yellow knife may there be a good turn out for the sale. Nice to see the SXS is going a good job plowing snow.

Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25810 on: Dec 12, 2021, 11:21 PM »
Dave looks like you're getting good use out of your machine.

Dr. Appointment first thing in the morning then not much for the rest of the day.  Rounded up some of my pan fishing gear, located my ice cleats. Now just need to put those where I can find them  ::) :whistle:

pillow time already.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25811 on: Dec 13, 2021, 03:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 33* and clear here on my hill. The wind has finally stopped. ::)
                            Dave........The SxS looks like it's performing the way you want it to. :thumbsup: :flex:
                            H2l...........We didn't loose power here, but when it go light I had a tree come down and just miss my 4 wheeler. :%$#!:
                            Eddie........I hope your last day of rifle in the southern zone was successful. :unsure:
                            Marv.........I once left a trail camera out all winter and when I remembered it it in the spring there were hundreds of pictures on it. :o
                            Wally........I hope your Christmas gathering was fun. :clap:
                            Steve.......Looks like above normal temps for the up coming week. :%$#!: All the snow we had is gone now. :cookoo:
                            As I mentioned a tree came down in my yard, actually it was a tree from the adjoining property.

My wife took these without my knowledge. I got most of it cleaned up. That's a blue tarp that covers my 4 wheeler. It did take down part of  the fence
                  that's around my wife's garden. :%$#!:
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25812 on: Dec 13, 2021, 05:47 AM »
Morning all, 34° and clear here this morning, heading for 49 and sunshine this afternoon.

Not much on the agenda today, just work, then waiting for ice  ::) Forecast is looking better by the end of this week, and if it's halfway close, it may be ice walking time the week after Xmas, which was about the same time we had our first freeze up last season.

IW - bummer about the fence, but at least it didn't hit your house or a vehicle.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25813 on: Dec 13, 2021, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....good luck at the doctor's appointment  :)

MrC....looks like some NY counties won't be enforcing the governor's mask mandate  :wacko:

Eddie....hope the woods were good to you yesterday  ;)2

H2L....how did the team do last night  ???

IW....good to see the tree missed the 4 wheeler  :thumbsup:

WS....fingers crossed you found some fishable ice  :icefish:

Internet/cable service came back on around 3 yesterday afternoon, just about the time we were leaving for the get together  :) 

Good friends, good food, good times  :thumbsup:

Yesterday's sunrise

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25814 on: Dec 13, 2021, 06:21 AM »
36* and cloudy.
IW, you were lucky. Didn't miss by much.
Mr. C, the Cadet had drowned while saving another, had donated all his body parts. He saved or improved the lives of 7 other people. He was an Eagle Scout, born on the 4th of July. A true American Hero.

Well, the team had an outside chance of taking the first half of the season. We didn't! I think we ended up in 3rd place. Last night we loss 3 to the team we took 4 from last week. I bowled my avg.

Drifter, you can keep that snow.

WW, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25815 on: Dec 13, 2021, 06:38 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

28 heading into the 30's by the afternoon. We are still on track for a couple warm days before we get back to seasonable temps toward the end of the week.

IW....Good job with the clean up :thumbsup: I could place a camera for kicks on one of the trails, I will keep it in mind. When I did it a few years ago I didn't have much to look at.

WW.....Excellent pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie....Looking forward to your hunting report :thumbsup:

h2l....Best wishes on a better second half :thumbsup:

Bud...Good luck with the appointment :thumbsup:

We took a drive yesterday to the lake and saw a few tracks. Most stopped well short of deeper water. With the warm spell moving in it will be awhile. I am thinking by next weekend there may be a house or two out.

A few errands this morning then some puttering in the garage.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25816 on: Dec 13, 2021, 07:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, lost my first post…trying  for seconds!  ;D
  The winds have finally calmed down here also this am, 33* high of 45 today.  Thoughts and prayers sent to all those caught in the path of the devastating tornadoes, what a tragedy.

Jeff…That sucks with the tree taking out the garden fence, glad the 4 wheeler’s were spared!  I took a pass on the last day of regular season yesterday. My son wanted me to hunt with him, but I just didn’t feel up to it with the non stop winds blowing through. Muzzleloader opens today until the 21st, then again on the 26th until Jan.1st…will get some hunting in this week with the nicer weather…starting today!   :thumbsup: 
  Bud…glad you had a nice time at the tournament and got to meet some new people in the community, awesome!  :clap:
  Steve…believe you’re right, I’m pretty certain we haven’t heard the last of the ties to the Cuomo debacle yet.  :nono:  Suggestion to our new Governor…with all the historic statues and names of schools being removed because they are deemed offensive etc., please remove and replace the newly named Governor Mario Cuomo Bridge , and call it what it should have been after restoration…The Tappan Zee Bridge.  Might get a few extra votes….  :whistle:
  Wally…glad you had a nice get together, those breads look amazing as do all the pictures!!   :clap:  :thumbsup:
  Marv…hopefully this afternoon I will have something to share on the hunting, been looking forward to the muzzle season…anything goes now and I have 3 tags that can be used!   ;D  That nicer weather moving in should get rid of most all the snow cover on the lakes and get you in good shape with the colder temps moving in behind….looking forward to the reports soon!   :thumbsup:
  H2…got a feeling your team will rebound in the 2nd half…best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Z…I think we’re on about the same track here with the weather….anxious to drill some holes soon!   :tipup:
  Dave…thanks for the links and pictures….hope the Boy Scouts can manage enough.sales to meet their goals! The SxS sounds like a dream machine with all those bells and whistles….glad everything is working out well.   :clap: :thumbsup:

The regular gun season sure flew by quickly here. Quite a few of the guys I’ve spoken with had a mediocre season, although we all know some hunters are in the same category as fishermen when it comes to being truthful for lack of a better word.  ;D
  A few errands locally to take care of and then a nice afternoon sit watching over an apple orchard on the planner today….Cawfee’s still on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25817 on: Dec 13, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Goodmorning 40 degrees heading to low fifties temperature will stay above freezing over night forecast to be like this majority of the week. I have a hawk perched in one of the trees visible from my apartment I can only see it's back and tail feathers. I don't think it is a red tail hawk the bird's tail feathers are bron with a white strip there would be some orange in the feathers of a red tail hawk.
IFF may you have a good doctors appointment. Hope you get to put the ice fishing gear to use before you head for Colorado.
Ice Wanderer soory to hear the blown over tree damaged the garden fence like Hunts2long posted better the fence then the tree landing on your house or the 4 wheeler.
Zcm-28 may your prediction come ture and you be able to ice fish by New year's day. I looked up the elevation for section of town i reside in only 282 feet. There is an area called Snake Hill which straddles the boundary between town of New Windsor and City of Newburgh which has an elevation of 692 feet.
Wallyworld  I saw the news story's about some NY.counties not enforcing the face mask mandate guees we will see what happens over the next month. glad you had a nice time with your friends. The two breads turned out nice. Thank you for the photos.
Hunts2long sad news about the west point cadet good that his organs were donated and have help 7 people live better quality lives. May your bowling team have a strong second half of the season.
Whopper stopper may the coming warmer weather not affect ice formation to badly and your prediction be correct about seeing some shantys out on the ice next weekend. have a good day of puttering.
Eddie to me removing historic statues or changing their names and school names because some find the name offensive is a proverbiall double edged sword. Due we try to hid our history or attempt to learn from it and move forward. best to you in filling the deer tags before the two muzzle loader seasons end this year.

Have a good Monday everyone.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25818 on: Dec 13, 2021, 01:24 PM »
Just a follow up appointment to check on copd that I could have according to a doctor in Washington State. Everything checked out good.  :clap:

cookies are a baking  ::) Hope I have enough milk too !
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25819 on: Dec 13, 2021, 01:45 PM »

Oops
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25820 on: Dec 13, 2021, 02:01 PM »
Looks good Bud! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25821 on: Dec 13, 2021, 02:08 PM »
IFF......doesn't hurt the taste one bit  ;)2 :thumbsup:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25822 on: Dec 13, 2021, 03:50 PM »
Bud. I'll help you eat them!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle: :bow:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25823 on: Dec 13, 2021, 04:52 PM »
LOL well I found out they taste better than they look, should have baked 1 minute or two longer  ;D
WW well that's encouraging to know.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25824 on: Dec 13, 2021, 09:09 PM »
Good evening ,hope everyone had a good Monday.
wallyworld we can add Dutchess county to the list of those not enforcing the face mask mandate saw it on my cable provider local news channel earlier.
IFF good to read you do not have COPD. Glad the cookies taste good use a knife and cut them into squares or like brownies.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25825 on: Dec 14, 2021, 04:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 32* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Eddie..........I don't blame you for passing on hunting, I can stand the cold but the wind just ruins it for me too. :whistle:
                           Bud............When cooking, I'm not one for presentation, it's the taste that counts. :thumbsup: I'm glad to read that you don't have
                  COPD. :thumbsup:
                           Marv...........At least there is ice on the lake, nadda ice around here. :cookoo:
                           H2l.............I'm confident that the second half of the season, your team will shine. :flex:
                           Wally..........Thanks for sharing the pictures. Beautiful. :thumbsup:
                           Steve.........Even though counties are not enforcing the mask or checking vaccine cards, all the stores have their signs up for "no Mask, No entry"
                  Covid is making a comeback here. Our town highway crew are all home because one working tested positive. It's getting crazy again. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                           Not much happened yesterday, I got new tires put on my truck and my wife baked cookies most of the day.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25826 on: Dec 14, 2021, 05:12 AM »
Morning all, 29° and clear skies with a mild frost here this morning. It's supposed to be 53 this afternoon.

Only 2 more days of this warm spell to get through, then back to seasonable temps. We should start making some pond ice next week.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25827 on: Dec 14, 2021, 05:15 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

31 degrees to start the morning, topping out around 40. The pro guessers are calling for the end of the world beginning tomorrow evening. They are warning of thunderstorms and rain with up to 60mph winds. Behind the storms some snow with the temps tumbling and getting back to more seasonable.

IW...What brand of tires did you go with ???

Eddie....Hope you had a good sit in the apple orchard

WW....Is Mr. WW back at camp? Is the bakery running full blast?

Not a lot going today. I have  brush pile that needs burning, may be a good day to do that before the thunderstorms roll through.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

Good morning Z!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25828 on: Dec 14, 2021, 05:42 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....nice job with the cookies, a tiny bit underdone is better than overdone  :whistle:

IW....seems every place is being over run with covid again, just in time for Christmas  :%$#!:

MrC....pretty sad these counties are making it political still  ::)

WS....fingers crossed the world keeps spinning despite the weatherman's predictions  :woot: MrWW's heading to camp again Thursday to hit the end of muzzle season and close camp for the winter  :flex:

Eddie....good luck with the muzzle loader  ;)  has Lucy been behaving  ???

TT.....hope you're continuing to feel better and regain your strenth  :)

H2L.....hard to believe you've hit the halfway point already  :o  hope the second half finds your team on top  @)

Yesterday's cookies are boxed and on their way to Florida to a friend with a special needs son that LOVES chocolate mint chip cookies

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25829 on: Dec 14, 2021, 06:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and breezy 35* on the Hill this am, high of 42 forecasted today.

Jeff…sorry to read about the town highway crew, that sure could cause a heck of a lot problems if the weather turns, yikes!  Yep, it’s starting to get crazy again! :woot:    Almost ready for new tires myself…thanks for the reminder.  :thumbsup:
  Steve…haven’t seen the list of counties not enforcing the mandates yet, will look into that. I replenished my supply of masks in my truck yesterday just to make sure I had plenty ready again. 
  Bud…I see you watched my video on baking chocolate chip cookies…well done!!  ;D :clap:
  Wally…someone is going to have a big smile on their face opening up that gift… :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…sounds like a good day to take care of the brush pile…maybe a few hotdogs on a stick for the tender?   ;D :thumbsup:
  Z…better days are coming…saw lots of insects flying around in the pasture I was hunting yesterday!   :cookoo:

Made it to the woods around 12:30 yesterday afternoon. The leaves were crunchy walking in, like potato chips breaking with each step. I took my time going in and cautiously took each step as slowly as possible trying to keep quiet. Got about halfway to my stand and heard a loud blow of a deer…next thing I see is 4 white flags hauling azz through the woods heading towards the apple orchard I would be overlooking…busted!!
  Made it to the stand and sat until legal hunting hours were over. Saw one other deer come in about 3pm but it was on posted property owned by a Gun Club which I don’t have permission to hunt on unfortunately…less than 100yd. shot…close but no cigar!   ;D
  Going to try again this afternoon…Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.