Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650115 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25830 on: Dec 14, 2021, 06:22 AM »
31* clear and calm.
WW,  cookies look good. Hope the UPS guy doesn't get a wiff of the box.
IW, Did you get the tree cleaned up? Mask again, I was just getting use to seeing SMILES again.
Saw the finals from Sunday's bowling. We finished in 4th place, 1 and a half points out of first. It will be a great second half to the season.
My brother's wife is coming home on Thur or Friday. My brother and nephew finished up the trim on nephew's shed over the weekend.

He has lots of toy's.
Have a good day and stay well......h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25831 on: Dec 14, 2021, 06:34 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow

IW...What brand of tires did you go with ???

WS

Coopers, that have served me well in the past.

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25832 on: Dec 14, 2021, 07:21 AM »
Well 40 degrees when I hit work around 4 this morning, so still not a lot of ice forming conditions around here, but my dad drove over one lake and there was ice forming down to the first cove, heard that one was froze over Saturday morning and the wind blew it open again Saturday afternoon, sure wish who ever ordered the wind tunnel would stop playing with it and let it be nice for a change, so over the wind.  Well today is supposed to be the last day we see 50's and then we are supposed to be in the 30's and below so might be on the ice around the end of December, latest for me.  I could drive north some and heard there is good ice but do not think I want 2 hours each way just to be hopeful.  Well better get back to it, plant issues so going to be a long one it looks like.  Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25833 on: Dec 14, 2021, 07:28 AM »
       Coopers, that have served me well in the past.

IW

I am going back to Coopers when I need tires next time. We have a tire place that offers very good service, however they always push you to what they are selling and how much better they are than what you inquired about.  The last tires I bought were Firestone, Bridgestone BF Goodrich. In my opinion none of them came close to Coopers. My current tires are BFG All Terrain. They are on par with what Fred Flintstone  had to use. I complained about them the from the start as to how loud and rough they ride, but was told they were BFG best tire bar none. They went on about how they are even mountain certified ??? I told him stump certified would be better for me than mountain certified, being we don't have any mountains in Minnesota. Next tires will be back to Cooper.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25834 on: Dec 14, 2021, 09:55 AM »
  Good Morning ER's 38* here the first ice here had people pushing it yesterday and the day before a friend of mine told me. Maybe there is a tiny sliver of hope it will make 2 more days before it all dissapears

11:00       update ther're out on the deck time to check little lazer auger might bring one rod along

2:00 ice good   fish biting good when I came off the ice someone asked if I had a tape yep his
                                                                                           biggest gill was 10 3/8  I caught between 25-40 kept 5 for a snack

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25835 on: Dec 14, 2021, 02:54 PM »
OG  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: Bait of choice ?
Bud

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #25836 on: Dec 14, 2021, 03:44 PM »
Nice job OG!!we are a real long ways out for ice still..

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25837 on: Dec 14, 2021, 03:47 PM »
   I was using spikes and waxies

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25838 on: Dec 14, 2021, 03:50 PM »
Nice job OG!!we are a real long ways out for ice still..

hang in there Doc cold is comming soon 1 more blast of heat to get through here

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25839 on: Dec 14, 2021, 09:03 PM »
 Good evening, working on getting my Christmas cards written and in the mail then start on wrapping presents.Today was similar to Monday temperature wise believe weather guessers calling for rain tomorrow.
Ice Wanderer I'm sure businesses do not want to pay any fines or face other legal action from the state or customers so they have the mask required for entry signs up . Ditto Eddie's words about your town's highway department.
Zcm-28 your weather forecast is like mine possibility of me seeing snow on Saturday.
 Whopper Stopper Did you get the brush burned today. May you not see high winds with the coming rain.
Wallyworld may we see a dip in c Covid numbers nation wide before Christmas I know you want to be with your son,DIL and the grandchildren. My problem with the county officials is them telling the media who then alerts the public we will not be enforcing the the face mask mandate says folks do as you please and  passing enforcement onto businesses. Very nice gift for your friend's son .
Eddie i should probably get another box of disposable mask in case they become hard to find think i have half a box left . Also have a supply of cloth masks. never good when you see the white flags while deer hunting may today's hunt have gone better.
Hunts2long looks like it will be a tight race to finish as the first place team in second half of the season. nice job by your brother and nephew on the shed.
Fish/hunt4ever hope the plant issues were corrected and it was not long of a work day for you. Good to hear a local lake is starting to form ice may the weather stay cold so you can get out before years end.
Old goat congratulations on getting out and having a good day of fishing.

stay safe and healthy. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25840 on: Dec 15, 2021, 04:54 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 22* and clear here on my hill. It's going to cloud up later with some showers this evening. ::)
                            Steve.........As i go out I see most people abiding by the state mask mandate. It's easier to comply than for stores to have a person
                 stand at the door checking for vaccine cards. :whistle:
                            OG............Good job getting out on the ice and catching some Gills. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                            Eddie........I was hoping to see a post with a picture of a deer. :unsure:
                            Marv.........Good choice on getting Coopers, I've had BFG and Firestone in the past but wasn't overly impressed by them. :blink:
                            Wally....... Those treats you mailed out look delicious. :flex: My wife has been busy in the kitchen, she now has 12 different cookies,
                 I think she's done. :roflmao:
                            Fish......... This year the weather has been crazy :cookoo: Remember the guessers or was it the Farmers Almanac that predicted a
                 warmer than normal winter? ??? So far who ever said it is spot on. :o
                           H2l............I got most of the tree cut up to the point where it's out of the way for snow blowing. I might work on it tomorrow some more. :unsure:
                 The shed looks nice. :thumbsup:  I need to build another one my self, but not that big. :whistle:
                           Today my neighbor and I are going to work on the cross country ski trail.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25841 on: Dec 15, 2021, 05:30 AM »
Morning all, 52° and breezy here this morning, heading for 63 with rain and wind. This should be the last of the ludicrously warm weather. From tomorrow evening on, it looks seasonable, and they're trending it colder than they had it out past the 7 day... lows below freezing very night, and single digit lows New Year's weekend.

Fingers crossed for a first time punching some holes somewhere the week after Xmas. The forecast lows look good, but the highs are still a bit above freezing most days, so we'll see what happens. 🤞

OG - glad to hear you got a bit of ice time in  :thumbsup:

WS - I've had several sets of BFG on trucks/4wd toys in the past. They do work well off road, but they are pretty noisy and don't wear particularly well. The loudest tires I ever had, bar none, were a set of Super Swamper TSL Radials, though. They cut through mud and muck like butter, and were actually pretty decent in snow, but sounded like a dang Chinook helicopter rolling over pavement.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25842 on: Dec 15, 2021, 06:11 AM »
28* this morning and a "red" sky.
IW, nephew still has to finish closing off one stall so it can be heated. With the lawn business and winter snow plowing he needed a pretty big shed.
OG, nice catch.
Not much planned for the day but the wife isn't up yet, so that might change.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l

Red sky turned to this....

Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25843 on: Dec 15, 2021, 06:23 AM »
Good morning IW, Z! Good morning everyone :bow:

41 getting into the 50's for the afternoon. Around 4pm the weather goes bonkers with high wind warnings of at least 60mph possible. They are recommending lashing down any outdoor Christmas decorations, keeping small dogs and cats inside, watching for flying tree limbs, midgets, small kids, you name it ??? Behind all this will be freezing temps with lots of ice expected on the roads tomorrow.

mr .clean....I did not get the brush burnt. All systems were a go until I noticed the S/E wind. I have a touchy neighbor that I didn't care to deal with. I knew he was out splitting wood and the smoke would have drifted across his work area. I didn't need to get him all fired up.

IW...Have a good day working on the ski trail :thumbsup:

Z...My BF's are down to less than half a tread after 14,000 miles ???

OG...Good going on your ice outing :thumbsup:

h2l...Beautiful picture :thumbsup:

I am off for some blood work, not sure what I will do after.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25844 on: Dec 15, 2021, 06:33 AM »
WS - the more aggressive the tread, the shorter the lifespan. Back when we were young and had toys, a buddy of mine had a set of SS Boggers on his Blazer... treadlife rating was 6,000 miles 😬

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #25845 on: Dec 15, 2021, 06:45 AM »
WS - the more aggressive the tread, the shorter the lifespan. Back when we were young and had toys, a buddy of mine had a set of SS Boggers on his Blazer... treadlife rating was 6,000 miles 😬
yes,back in high school it was popular to have,super swamper,boggers and tsl thornbirds on our trucks.get thru 4 ft of mud but hit pavement and hold on tight..

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25846 on: Dec 15, 2021, 06:52 AM »
yes,back in high school it was popular to have,super swamper,boggers and tsl thornbirds on our trucks.get thru 4 ft of mud but hit pavement and hold on tight..

Used to see a lot of them around here, too. Not so much anymore guess guys aren't willing to pay $1500+ for a set of tires that won't last a year nowadays  :roflmao:

If I recall, my TSLs were $100 a piece, but they were only 33 inchers on a little Samurai I had. Same tire now is $267...  :o

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #25847 on: Dec 15, 2021, 06:56 AM »
Used to see a lot of them around here, too. Not so much anymore guess guys aren't willing to pay $1500+ for a set of tires that won't last a year nowadays  :roflmao:

If I recall, my TSLs were $100 a piece, but they were only 33 inchers on a little Samurai I had. Same tire now is $267...  :o
yeah had 31s and 33s thornbirds on squarebody chevys and dodges.no benefits other than muddin..crap ride feel,speedo off and now trying to jump in a lifted truck sucks .lol even had a dodge van with 31 swampers on the back only.lol

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25848 on: Dec 15, 2021, 07:00 AM »

H2L.......... Beautiful picture living where you do you get some beautiful sunrises.

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25849 on: Dec 15, 2021, 07:27 AM »
Well that wind tunnel is cranked up on high this morning, winds getting it pretty good here right now with snow moving in later today, and the wind is not supposed to stop until maybe next week, sometime it has to die down, this is getting hard to live with I am so over this dang wind.  On a side note the roof bangs and pops all day and it drives the boss crazy so he usually goes home after a bit so some of a light at the end of the tunnel kind of thing.  Well last day for some on a late season cow tag, my brother and his buddy are supposed to be up there today and another friend is also trying his luck one last time, this year has been an interesting one for that tag usually everyone has some luck and gets into elk but this year it is like hunting them in October way high and not a lot of snow, hopefully that changes I know the guys snowmobiling are cussing with the low amounts this year and the farmers are starting to sweat a little bit.  Well have a good hump day everyone back at it as the plant is back but lots of testing to still be done.  Have a great day everyone.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25850 on: Dec 15, 2021, 07:51 AM »

Good morning ER's may set a high temp record hear.  Fog  covering the sky. Will be interested to see if ice can hold for 24 hrs. The auger worked flawlessly but it came in a 4 box it's actually a 5 I'm suprised I missed knowing this before yesterday. Have a safe day all.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25851 on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:00 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....very nice of you to consider your neighbor's nose  :bow:  should bring you some good karma with the blood work  :thumbsup:

IW.....that's a lot of cookies, kudos to MrsIW  :bow: easy does it in the woods today  :flex:

MrC.....seems to me the government should at least TRY to present a united front  ::)

H2L.....beautiful sunrise this morning for sure  :clap:  one can never have too big of a barn  :whistle:

Eddie.....looking forward to yesterday's orchard report  ;D

FH4.....hope your work week improves  :-\

OG.....glad you got some fish  :clap: :bow:

Z....I had a Chevy Tracker years ago, fun little vehicles  @)  at least until I flipped it  :o

No kitchen detail yesterday, had errands to take care of, might tackle some peanut butter balls today  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25852 on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:04 AM »
ww - my brother still has an old Tracker, lifted 4" with 31s on it. He hardly ever drives it, though.

I tipped that Samurai over a couple times on trail runs. Being so short, they get really squirrely going up or down steep hills, and once you start getting sideways, you're pretty much hosed.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25853 on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:12 AM »
Guess I can join the crowd, 54* this morning, think I heard the wind tunnel is pointing at me too. Calm now but warned to hang onto my hat today, and this evening.

WS What you been doing, burn outs ?

Got the new no pull collar for Jake will have to try it out today, Got headsup from SIL (Janice's sister) a package is on its way from Santa Claus  :unsure:

Kentucky sure looks like a war zone  :woot: :cookoo: :'(

Now need to find my coffee cup, Stay safe all.
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25854 on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:59 PM »
WW
I also had a Chevy Tracker for a while.
Until I flipped it.  ;D
Went to work in the morning and on the trip home up the dirt roads to my old place there had been a ton of heavy truck traffic as they were fixing hydro towers that got flattened by a tornado. I crested a hill zipping along and just over the hill the road turned to crap!! Put it in the dich and on it's side.
Insurance paid me more than I paid for the vehicle.
:)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25855 on: Dec 15, 2021, 09:27 PM »
 Good evening currently raining  and still in the lower forties weather forecast saying we might set a new high temperature record tomorrow.
Ice Wanderer i was out shopping earlier this evening and did see people following the mask mandate hopefully in a month's time we will see a dip in Covid numbers across NY. .Your wife has been a busy lady with the cookie baking. Did you and your neighbor get the trail cleared today.
Zcm-28 may the weather forecast be correct and your local lakes start forming ice.
hunts2long thank you for the photo. Your nephew is a busy man if he also is the one with maple syrup business.
whopper Stopper may things not get to bad out your way. I assume your wife will work from home tomorrow.
Fish/hunt4ever i received an Email from my cousin in Casper she comment on all the winds you folks in Wyoming have been dealing with since December started. best to your brother and his friends in filling their elk cow tags.
Old Goat glad the auger preformed well for you. may you also get through the storm making it's way through the mid-west in good shape.
IFF I hope the collar helps you control Jake better.  may you also see no problems from the storm and winds.
Drifter thank you for the story  seems many people who had lifted SUV's especially smaller sized one have flipped the vehicle.
Wallyworld- It would be nice if we got the same message from the state on down to local governments with regards to Covid mandates. thank you for the sunrise photo.
Dr. Speckler may all be good with you and your family. happy Holidays to all of you.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25856 on: Dec 15, 2021, 09:40 PM »
Steve
Mine was stock. I used it as a daily driver to save $$$ on my commute.
My full size Bronco was costing a fortune to feed.
The heavy truck traffic rutted up the road and also squeezed all the water out turning it to mud.
Didn't have time to get slowed down after the rise in the road and started sliding and bouncing over the ruts.
There was nothing I could do. The tow truck nearly got stuck and another guy coming up the road said he would have joined me in the ditch if the tow truck and flashing lights didn't get him to slow down.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25857 on: Dec 15, 2021, 10:40 PM »
H2L Thats the kind of Toy storage I need.  ;D

Think I am going to stay indoors, at least till day light.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25858 on: Dec 16, 2021, 04:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 40* and cloudy, we did have rain overnight. ::)
                         Steve.........We got the trail finished yesterday and marked. I goes for about a mile round trip. :flex:
                         Marv..........I hope the blood work produces good results. :thumbsup:
                         Bud.......... I think Jake will come around to be a obedient dog, just give him time. :whistle:
                         Zcm........  I never got in to the small SUV's when I was young, I had a Harley Chopper, which took up a lot of time and $$$. :cookoo:
                         Wally.........This whole Covid mandate thing is costing local governments a lot of money which they don't have unless they tax us to death.
                 Aren't taxes high enough. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                         Eddie....... I hope you were able to get out to the good hunting spot yesterday, deer move just before storms. :whistle:
                         As I mentioned we got the trail done now we need some snow and it loks like we're in for some on Saturday, just hope it's enough for them
                 to ski on.
                          A town truck just went by, probably sanding the roads.
                         Today is Christmas shopping day.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25859 on: Dec 16, 2021, 04:46 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling and 39*, weather guessers predicting to set a record high here today also with a high of 59 today. Believe the previous record was set in 1971 for our area. 50 years ago we didn’t hear much on climate change, lol…muscle cars were still coming off the assembly line in Detroit and the average price of gas back then was $0.36/gl…  ;D

Dave, Wally, Z…thanks for sharing the stories on the Tracker, glad you all made it through those incidents unharmed, yikes!   :woot:
  Steve…heard on the news yesterday parts of Wyoming, Colorado having gusts up to 100mph, crazy weather!  Saw a guy yesterday arguing with an employee at a Tractor Supply who was refusing to wear a mask. Pulled out his vaccination card and kept telling her to look at it complete with the booster…it was getting ugly, but she was just doing her job. Not certain how that worked out as I was on my way out.  :cookoo:
  Wally…thanks for sharing the sunrise, hope the baking went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  OG…glad the new auger worked out well, hopefully the ice can make it through the warmer weather.   :tipup:
  FH4…hopefully those crazy winds out there let up soon! Hope your brother and his buddy got a crack at one of the elk yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…glad the trail clearing went well, good luck with the shopping!  Sounds like your bakery has been going full power!!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope the collar works for Jake, best wishes.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…good idea on not burning with the neighbor out…no need to start another fire.   :thumbsup:
  H2…beautiful sunrise and one heck of a fine looking shed!  :clap:  Will be looking forward to the 2nd half of the bowling, best of luck to you and the team!  :thumbsup:

Had problems getting on again yesterday morning… :%$#!: 
  The hunting was a bust for me Tuesday, saw 3 but no shots fired. Had a yearling and a doe come out grazing on the same posted property I can’t hunt about an hour after I set up, and just before dark had another doe making its way towards the orchard but never offered a good shot staying in brush.
  Had lunch with my Mom and one of my sisters yesterday, got a little shopping in afterwards. Seems most people were complying with the mask mandate where I was less the one guy at Tractor Supply. Hopefully all we hear about is arguments being made upon entering stores without the masks….
  Rain is supposed to let up for the afternoon, so may get a chance to see if the record high temperatures bring me some luck this afternoon…keep you posted!
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.