Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1649753 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18780 on: Mar 02, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, My wife is working late again tonight. They have her on the schedule for the next 4 days. Headaches have been worse. Still waiting for a cat scan appointment. I see in NH someone caught a 28lb trout thru the ice breaking the record.

Old Sailor, Prayers for your wife that the radiation works.

IFF, Hopefully you get out on the ice before it’s gone. Store looks good. How is your leg doing?

Tom Turkey, Happy Belated Birthday. I’m sorry about your friends passing.

Hunts2long, Sounds like you had a good night at bowling. How is your back?

WallyWorld, Looks like you had a busy weekend with the grandkids. That is something to play hockey at the Garden.

Whopper Stopper, Hope your tree job went well. Thank you for sharing video. It was nice to see Arrow made it thru the winter.

Mason Eddie, Hope you got to get out on the ice.

I hope everyone had a great day and have a good evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18781 on: Mar 02, 2020, 07:56 PM »
Good evening after cold and windy Friday and Saturday warming up weather guessers say my area should reach the fifties tomorrow with some rain then by the weekend wie go back to the tirties for daily high temperatures. I did some research appears once the flowers on hemp plants are pollinated they do not contain the compounds/substances the give people a high from smoking the flower .So this is how growers are getting around the law and selling the flowers in smoke shops.
Eddie hope you had a good breakfast with your mom. when you look at the truck brakes may it only be road crud causing the noise. My guess is since it is mostly street people smoking pot by the capital building and with the new laws  law enforcement does not want to be bothered making any arrests .
Ice Wanderer if you and Jon got out fishing today hope you brought some fish home for future meals. Good to read you were able to repair Jon'auger. Glad your wife made a friend at her radiation treatments nice to have someone to talk with that has or is going through the same things she is with the treatments and now medication.
Whopper Stopper thanks for the trail camera footage good to see "Arrow is alive and well assume some of the birds in videos are last years poults now fully grown. May you get better weather to do work at the shack. Great news on your chainsaw.
Wallyworld hope you had a safe trip home and the two of you are resting from the busy weekend. That is a lot of games for your grandson to have in two days.
IFF thank you for the photos looks like a well stocked fishing section. Once things settle down after the grand opening and you have time off to fish may you find some hungry walleyes.
Tomturkey good to hear you senior center funding has been restored. I'm familiar with Mr.Arfons from the world of tractor-truck pulling back in the 1980's ESPN had weekly broadcasts of the major events. Glad you could get to your friends funeral  sure your being there was a comfort to his family.
Drifter if you are back at work try and take your time getting up to full speed.
Capt.Jim hope insurance issue is resolved and you can get treatment you need to end kidney problems.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear your headaches worse when you get the CAT scan may it given doctors info. needed to help you.
OldSailor glad your wife can finally start her treatments all the best to both of you.

Have a pleasant night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18782 on: Mar 02, 2020, 08:01 PM »

Good evening ER's,
                           It's 40* with sprinkles. ::)
                           It was a long day today, I finally got time to post how my fishing went.
                          OS...….. I'm glad they got your wife on a schedule, Good luck to her. Tell her to get some 100% Aloe and put on after each treatment. :blink:
                           I-45...… Sorry to hear the headaches are worse. :(
                           Wally I hope you had a safe ride home! :whistle:
                           Well today was a busy one, I had my first flag around 20 minutes after setting up. It was a Pike and it broke my leader at the hole, thanks to
                 Jon he had spare leader. Then as I was putting the leader on another tip up went off, this time it was a walleye and my leader got cut. :%$#!: after
                 fixing I got back to jigging then another flag I got to it and it was something big I motioned for Jon to bring a gaff. It was a nice walleye 27" 10.5 lbs.
                 my personal best.

I'll be at it again tomorrow, Tuesday

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18783 on: Mar 02, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Dang Jeff, I am jealous,  NOW I hate you.....Just kidding.  Way to go on your PB, Welcome to the over 10# club. 

Well I got a fresh batch of meds to work on the leg, without having to schedule a they have to look at it.  think this might turn out to be a long process. Learned I am being tapped to work another 17 days straight, good thing is not all the same hours of the day so will have some mornings to get shopping done.  After that the ice should be off the local lake and hopefully it will be game on with the boat.

fisher-45 the more I am on it the more it swells up.  Funny thing today was, it was a bit slow at the registers, so that crew was getting to practice some, they shooed my out to be a "Greeter" cause I must have the gift of gabb LOL  there were 3 in the fishing department and non knew how to spool a reel for a customer.  Including the department manager,  ::)  :whistle: so I was summoned to take care of that, as was told be prepared to do a "Training" with who ever shows up tomorrow in that department.

Rumor is I just might get a new Nick Name......HOG = Head Old Guy ;D ::)  :unsure: Could be cause I am the oldest  ::) :unsure:

well that's it for now, got to get ole peg leg elevated.

Take care all.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18784 on: Mar 02, 2020, 09:30 PM »
Oh IW  you da man that's a beauty I hope to catch one like that in my lifetime    good luck tomorrow stay safe

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18785 on: Mar 02, 2020, 09:40 PM »
Realized I forgot to wish Tomturkey and Raquettedacker belated Happy Birthdays hope both of you gentlemen had good days.
Ice Wanderer congratulations beautiful walleye. :clap: :thumbsup: Best to both of you tomorrow, might want to check the leaders on rest of your tipups since two failed on you.
IFF sorry to read you have to work so many days before getting off appears the store is understaffed ans no other stores in the chain are close enough to send some workers to help fill out the staff. To funny the fishing department manager does not know how to use equipment to spool a reel. Have you asked you doctor about using one of those leg rest with wheels you can still get around but most of body weight is off of the leg might help with swelling problem.

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18786 on: Mar 03, 2020, 02:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  39* and fairly calm at the moment, high of 53 today with rain expected by afternoon.

Jeff... :bow:  Wow, that’s a beautiful walleye!!  Congratulations to you Sir on your PB, outstanding!   :bow:  Thank You for sharing the picture and story, hope today’s trip is another awesome adventure for you and Jon...Best of luck out there!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  OS...my best wishes, thoughts and prayers sent for your wife today.  :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had safe travels back home and got a much needed restful evening!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...excellent story about the manager and staff, lol, glad to read you got your meds! Hope the work marathon goes well...try to take it easy there “ Head Old Guy “.   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Steve...thank for the update! Did have a nice breakfast with my Mom and some family members.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...be careful with the saws today, good luck with today’s tree job!
  I-45...sorry to read about those dang headaches still bothering you....hope you hear some good news on the Cat scan soon...hang in there!   :thumbsup:

Running behind this am....will catch up to you all this afternoon!  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18787 on: Mar 03, 2020, 03:09 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

32 heading to 40 later on with the wind machine cranking hard by this afternoon.

OS wishing your wife the best come Wednesday. Good thoughts and prayers heading her way :thumbsup:

IW Wow! Good for you :clap: :clap: They don't get much better then that.

WW hope you had a safe trip home. I'm guessing a little resting up is on the agenda ???

45 sorry to read the headaches are as bad as ever, hope you can get in to the scan soon.

Last night was a crappy sleeping night. Yesterday I bruised a couple ribs doing something stupid up in the tree (I know WW, I know) ;D. Every time I dozed off they woke me back up, I finally decided to just get up and call it a night. The s-i-l took the day off today so we can get 5 of her trees knocked out, I am really looking forward to that.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18788 on: Mar 03, 2020, 06:43 AM »
Morning all,

OS......best wishes to MrsOS as she begins her treatments   :)

IW.....CONGRATS on the pb eye, that's a beauty  :clap:  :flex:

IFF....that's a long stretch with no time off  :o  hope the new meds help the leg  ;)

Eddie.....hope your trip to work was trouble free, very foggy out this morning  :blink:

IF45......the kids played in Warrior arena, beautiful rink  :thumbsup:  sorry the headaches are getting worse  :(

TT.....glad you were able to attend your friend's wake, it's always comforting to share memories of days gone by with friends and loved ones  ;)  sorry for messing up your post the other day  :-[   ;)2

WS.....all I can say is  :nono: :nono: :nono:   :whistle:  :wacko:  :pinch:  :blink:   take it easy today, at least you'll have a good helper to assist  :thumbsup:

What a feeling to crawl into your bed after being gone for a few days  :thumbsup:  some errands on today's agenda  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18789 on: Mar 03, 2020, 06:56 AM »
37* and foggy.
Old Sailor, glad the treatments are to begin for the wife. All will be fine.

IW, what can I say, a VERY nice walleye. This is the time of year for the big ones. CONGRATS.

IFF, sounds like you may busy running all the departments. Greeter, filling spools and check out. Remines of when I was working. I had a co-worker who always said when we retired I could be a greeter and he would be in charge of the sprinkles at the ice cream counter. Jim always got the good jobs.

WW, you all rested up from the weekend.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18790 on: Mar 03, 2020, 10:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Sunny at the moment supposed to get some showers this afternoon.

Ice Wanderer, That is a big pb.

Hunts2long, Greeter could be better then the person putting sprinkles on the ice cream.

WallyWorld, Hope your errands go well today.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully it doesn’t take you long to take down the 5 trees. Hopefully your ribs are feeling better.

Mason Eddie, will the voting today affect your job site?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18791 on: Mar 03, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Greetings ER's!! This is an edit on my wife's radiation. She gets her first treatment this afternoon and then it's 8 am from then on!! OLDTIMERS!!  :unsure: Jeff, that's a TOAD!!! Congratulations!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18792 on: Mar 03, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Good evening Spring/early Fall like day with high near sixty and brief period of rain in the afternoon/early evening. Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of those killed and all affected by the tornado's in Tennessee.
Eddie may your work day have gone well and you and the crew not have breathed in to much second hand smoke.
Ice Wanderer how was today's trip with Jon.
Whopper Stopper may you not be in to much discomfort after tree job at your SIL's . Take care of the ribs put off any other jobs if your dealing with a lot of pain.
Wallyworld hope the two of you are recharged after a night's sleep at home. I'm sure it was a thrill for many of the youngsters to play at the Bruin's practice rink.
Hunts2long good to read your back felt good enough to bowl on Sunday and your team will be in post season play.
IFF may you not be offered or made assistant store manager. ;D ::) Seems to be more common these days for retailers to have a few employees who can work in any department.
Drifter hope you are over the flu and back at work.
OldSailor how is the wife feeling after her first treatment.
Icefisher-45 may you had a better day with less headache problems.

A safe and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18793 on: Mar 04, 2020, 02:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Another windy day today, 39* this am, high of 41....it reached 63* yesterday down at the workplace.

Steve...we had a real good day yesterday! The nurses had a big rally and the high school bands are back daily. ;D  :clap:   X2 on all those affected by the tornado in Tennessee.
  OS...hope everything went well yesterday for your wife...thoughts and prayers continued.   :thumbsup:
   I-45...no problems with the Super Tuesday voters, NY wasn’t on the list yesterday. Hope those headaches have lightened up.   :thumbsup:
  H2...imagine the river will be rising again today. Were there many guys out yesterday?
  Wally...what a great experience for the grandchildren’s team to play at that arena, awesome!   :clap: 
  Marv...oh man, the bruised ribs don’t sound good, ouch! Did you have a limb kick back? Hope you’re feeling a little better today....take it easy with the saws today mister!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...will be looking forward to your report today!   :thumbsup:
  Drifter... hope you’re feeling better and getting back in the groove.   :thumbsup:

Made it out to one of the local lakes after work yesterday for a few hours. There was about 13” of ice, 4”” of crap white ice on top going fast 9” of good black beneath that. Fishing was pretty slow, missed one trout out in deeper water  but got into some small bluegills in shallow water.
  Had a bald eagle watching me for a little while before the rain drove me off the ice around 5pm. Left him a treat near one hole he grabbed on my way off.  If the shorelines hold, might get another trip or two in yet.
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18794 on: Mar 04, 2020, 03:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 34* and very windy, just had a gust up to 23 mph. ::)
                            Steve...…...I guess tornado season is here and it started out with a doozy. Prayers to the people affected. :(
                            Eddie...…….There is always something going on at the capital, doesn't anyone work except you guys. :unsure:
                            Marv...……..What did mother WW tell you? Seriously I hope you are OK and can heal up fast. :flex:
                            OS...……….. How did your wife make out on her first treatment? ???
                            H2L...………..I'm sure there was a lot of standing water on the lake yesterday, this weather will eat up ice quickly. :blink:
                            Wally...……. Yes being in your own bed is the best feeling after being away. :thumbsup:
                            Thanks to everyone on my Walleye, yesterday wasn't a banner day for Jon or myself, but we invited 3 friend to fish with us
                   and one caught a Walley just a little bigger than mine, 28.5" but didn't have the girth that mine had. Jon and did catch some more
                   Crappie, White Perch and Bluegills.
                             We're taking the day off because iof the wind.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18795 on: Mar 04, 2020, 05:21 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

26 getting back to the 40's later on today, with a lot less wind.

OS hope your wife is feeling no ill effects from yesterday and is ready for day 2 :thumbsup:

Eddie best of luck if you make it to the ice today :thumbsup: I took a 25' shortcut swing and nailed a stub for my effort. I knew it was there, I just thought I could stop soon enough :%$#!:

IW enjoy your rest day, the wind has a way of wrecking everything :%$#!: Yes in the back of my mind I could hear WW after I got shish kabobbed :nono: :nono: :nono:

WW hope you are well rested this morning and ready for your next adventure :thumbsup:

We were able to knock off 3 trees yesterday but had to call it because of the 30mph gusts. We probably have another 2 -3 hours to wrap it up.

I am in the garage puttering today, and need to touch up my ground saw.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18796 on: Mar 04, 2020, 05:35 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to all affected by the hurricane in Tennessee  :'(

OS.....hope MrsOS breezed thru her first treatment yesterday  :flex:

WS.....fingers crossed those ribs let you get some rest last night  :whistle:

Eddie....must be hard to concentrate on work sometimes with all the different people/activities going on around you  :wacko:

IW.....hope the shoreline holds up so you can get back on those eyes  :icefish:

H2L....congrats on keeping the team in the running  :thumbsup:  glad the back held up  ;)

MrC.....the kids in that area that play hockey are fortunate to have all the benefits of being in "Bruins country"  :clap:

IF45.....hoping today's a better day for you sir  :)

Drifter.....hope you're gaining back your strength more each day  ;)

Lost most of our snow yesterday, not sure how the local lakes are holding up  :-\  getting closer to time for some open water brown trout fishing   :clap:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning WS, see you beat me to posting, a day of "rest" is a good thing  ;D  did you get your repaired saw back yet  ???,

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18797 on: Mar 04, 2020, 06:29 AM »
36* cloudy but no wind, just looked out window, some snow flakes.

Thoughts and prayers for those in Tenn.

IW, congrats to your friend on his nice walleye.

Starting to see some moving water up here in the river. The lake has dropped so much that there is ice on the humps and sand bars so the moving water has to pick a new flow. I took a ride down to the campsite yesterday, see that 2 of the 5 shanties have been taken off or moved. The ice was very wet and if the lake comes up the edges will go fast. There is a 3 day contest set for this weekend. I have heard it is still a go.

Going to check out the nephew's to see how the sap is running. He has about 700 trees tapped this year.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18798 on: Mar 04, 2020, 06:53 AM »
Morning WS, see you beat me to posting, a day of "rest" is a good thing  ;D  did you get your repaired saw back yet  ???,

Good morning WW!

According to UPS tracking, I will have it by the end of business Thursday.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18799 on: Mar 04, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Prayers for everyone hit by the hurricane in Tennessee. My wife is working today another long day.

Hunts2long, Your nephew has a lot of trees tapped. How many gallons does he end up with? That is a lot of work.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a good day. Maybe soon you’ll be able to take out the new boat on the open water.

Whopper Stopper, Hope your ribs are feeling better. Cutting trees in that kind of wind is no fun. Are you getting high winds today? Good day to be puttering in the garage. That’s good news your saw will be back on Thursday.

Old Sailor, Prayers your wife’s radiation treatment went well and she didn’t suffer any side effects.

Ice Wanderer, Sounds like it was a good day on the ice yesterday. Seems like it’s supposed to be windy everywhere today.

MasonEddie, Hopefully you get out on the ice today. I would love to see a bald eagle. I’m sure he enjoyed his treat.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18800 on: Mar 04, 2020, 09:23 AM »
A frosty 30* start to the day. Guessed to get the 50's this week end. We will have to wait to see how that guess goes.

Eddie We have a pair of eagles that I see above town quite often. When I was sitting at the senior center where I could see out the slider last week. When I told the friend setting across the table from me about the one I could see.  She could see it's mate from where she was sitting. I have not seen them at the lake for quite a while. They started the pumps at the lake last weekend opening up the ice in one spot. When we came home yesterday there was a pair of mute swans sitting on the ice next to the open water.

WW Hopefully you can get out in the new boat soon. We used to e able to catch quite a few browns in the spring in Lake Michigan even off of the piers. Now days the fishing for every thing in Lake Michigan has gone down the tubes.

IW That was a nice walleye. Maybe the girth of the other one was the difference between a male and a female full of eggs. Sadly the lake where I used to be able to catch some nice ones, has gotten bad even though they plant quite a few every other year. They used to plant walleyes in our lake but will not anymore for fear they might eat some of their precious inedible bass.

Yesterday was a lot of time on the road. When we got to the wife's one year follow up on some surgery on her hand they told her the appointment was for the day before. She had written down the date on her calendar when she got it months ago. They were able to work her in thankfully. We met with the manger of the county senior centers at 1 pm so he could personally give us the $5,000 check.
From there we went to get my drivers license renewed in Big Rapids. I never got the normal notice through the mail so I did not realize that it had expired. We got the notice about renewing the plates on her car. DUH She was able to get new plates but I could not renew my license as that part of their computer system was down. Even if I would have been able to get my license renewed I would have had to go back with my birth certificate to get the license enhanced  so I could fly or go into a federal building. I hope I do not get stopped by a cop before I get backup their to get it renewed. What cop will take my explanation of why I could not get it renewed.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18801 on: Mar 04, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Jeff, was just scrolling back, and Dang .....That's a nice catch...Keep it up, there must be a 20# out there lurking around.

Steve well at least a few of those days I will have the mornings off.

Jayhawks are back to #1 Nationally and resting at #1 in the Big 12,  Hope to get home to catch tonights game with TCU.  GO HAWKS

Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18802 on: Mar 04, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Good afternoon ER's!! My much better half has had no ill effects from her treatments so far. She has only had 2 so far!! Thanks for everyone's support  :thumbsup: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18803 on: Mar 04, 2020, 08:30 PM »
Great news OS!!!
I hope the rest go as well as the first 2. ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18804 on: Mar 04, 2020, 09:35 PM »
OS. that's great news

Kind of glad I will miss the big line in the morning for the Grand Opening....first 200 in the door get a $20 gift card and hat.

Only ice time I might see is if someone kidnaps me and go up high to Granby to pester the Lake Trout.  Oh well open water can't be too far off now, Hit 65* today, and windy.

Jayhawk's won their 15th in a row tonight, and are assured at least a tie for the big 12 championship
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18805 on: Mar 04, 2020, 10:41 PM »
Good evening windy here today with high in the low fifties might see some wintry mix/rain over night.we are forecast to b have a high in the thirties on Saturday wind speeds supposed to be lower then last weekend.
Eddie nice you were able to get out after work and got to see a Bald Eagle while fishing.
Ice Wanderer congratulations to your friend on the walleye assume the females are feeding before the coming spawn.
Whopper Stopper hope today's rest has the ribs feeling better. May you receive the saw early enough in the day to fuel it up at test it.
Wallyworld there is a rink in my county but on the high school level ice hockey is still a club sport at most school due to the expense of the sport.
Hunts2long it will be interesting to see the reports from this weekend's Food and Fuel contest. May we not hear of any vehicles or fishermen going through the ice.
Tomturkey hope it does not take to long to get your new drivers license. Good your wife's hand doctor could squeeze her in yesterday. Congratulations on receiving the funding for the senior center.  :clap: :clap:
Icefisher-45 may today have been a better one for you.
Drifter have you gone back to work.
OldSailor good to read that so far your wife has not experienced any ill effects from her treatments.
IFF think they would wait until Friday or Saturday for the Grand opening. I saw your post about the store in Colorado forum may you get the machine for licenses soon along with the bait tanks and all the paper work/permits needed for selling bait. You and the wife enjoy what remains of this year's college basketball season. May the Jay Hawks make the tournament and go far in it.

A safe night to all. Best to everyone with fishing plans for tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18806 on: Mar 05, 2020, 01:56 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  29* with gusty NW winds this am, high of 43 forecasted.

Jeff...congrats to your friend on the slammer walleye!  :clap:  Best of luck to you and Jon today if you’re heading back out.   :tipup: :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope your day went well yesterday, imagine the ribs will be tender for a little while yet...best wishes!   :thumbsup:  Bet you’re anxious to get your hands on that saw today! 
  Wally...sometimes the distractions make the day quite enjoyable...some of these high school bands have been amazing! Yesterday there was a group playing some excellent jazz music.   :clap: 
  H2...a few guys were talking about the contest this weekend yesterday, wondering if the ice will be safe enough. Will be looking forward to the sap report!   :thumbsup:
  OS...excellent news on your wife... :bow:
  Dave...hope you’re hitting on all 8 cylinders now....we need some cabin porn soon!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...I may need some help from you and OG soon for filling out my bracket, lol. How’s the ice holding up at Cherry Creek?
  Tom...hope the drivers license issue gets cleared up soon...motor vehicle is always a PITA.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...couldn’t get back out fishing yesterday, definitely not today either. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or the weekend if the ice holds up.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...we got a dusting of snow here last night. How’s the ice holding up down your way?

Today is my wife’s Birthday, turns the big Six Ohhhhhh!   ;D
  Demo this morning...and the clock says it’s time to go....Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18807 on: Mar 05, 2020, 05:15 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

42 starting out but the temps will drop as the day goes on with snow showers moving in and winds around 25mph  :cookoo:

OS great news on your wife :clap:

Eddie I bet the music really rings indoors :thumbsup: Hope the ice holds up for you for a weekend trip. The ribs are better as long as I don't sneeze, cough, or hiccup  ;D

IW best of luck if this finds you and Jon on the ice :icefish:

WW safe travels as to gather up some boat goodies  :thumbsup:

mr.clean I am very anxious to check out the saw, I am sure it will be ready to rip. I have a couple of jobs to test it out on.

I need to take my wife to the bus this morning and then I am heading to the car wash to see what color our truck used to be. High noon I have a date to get my hair pruned.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18808 on: Mar 05, 2020, 05:29 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                    It's 32* and calm at the moment, but the west wind is expected to pick up. ::)
                                    Eddie...…...The night time temps are suppose to be around the freezing mark up here, so if you and the boys want
                            to hit the ice on Champlain again the shore lines should be OK. :thumbsup:
                                    Marv...…….I like the new tracking system for packages, when they say it will be there they are. :flex:
                                    Tom...……..This enhanced drivers license thing confuses me, I had to show my birth certificate to get my license in the first
                            place, how come I have to show it again to get the enhance license? ???
                                    Wally...…….You said your snow is just about gone, it is March and we've had some of the biggest snow storms in this month. :unsure:
                                    OS...………..Good luck to your wife with the rest of her treatments.  :flex:
                                    Bud...……...Thank you again on my Eye, :clap:
                                    H2L...……….A few friends want to do the contest this weekend, I hope they can have good ice for it. :unsure:
                                    I was suppose to fish with Jon today but I developed a stomach flue thing, so I'm resting.
                                    I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18809 on: Mar 05, 2020, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....happy birthday to MrsEddie  :thumbsup: :clap:  taking her out for dinner tonight  ??? 

IW.....hope you shake the stomach bug quickly  ;)  let's not think about any big snow storms now  :nono:

OS.....glad to hear MrsOS is handling the treatments well  :flex:  thoughts and prayers continue  ;)2

IFF.....sorry you missed ice season this year  :'(  just that many more fish left for open water   :woot:

TT.....fingers crossed you get the new license before getting caught in a traffic stop  :whistle:

WS.....tough time of year to keep the vehicles clean  ::)  will you be waiting by the door for the man in brown  ???   :woot:

MrC.....hockey is definitely not an inexpensive sport  :blink:  the grandkids area has numerous town and club teams along with school hockey, seems it goes all year long not just winter  :-\

Got up to a fresh coating of snow this morning  ::)  we're heading to the Buffalo area today for another outdoor show and to pick up the track system we ordered for the boat  :thumbsup:  :clap: once MrWW gets that installed we should be set to put some fish on the deck   :woot: :clap: ;D

Ha ;Dve a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.