Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1647707 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18750 on: Feb 29, 2020, 09:04 AM »
19* this morning. Guessed to get into the upper 40's next week even into thee 50's in the southern part of the state.

Back when our pike and walleye season ended the last day of February a bunch of us were walking off of the ice together after dark in a group as there was only one guy that still had his lantern running as most of us did not fill ours before going out. One of the guys said the ice does not look very thick. The next word out of his mouth was "It is not very deep" he had gone through. When we got to shore the guy that had put the plank out to get on had taken it when he left. We all got wet getting off.

The meeting the other day went well. The woman that we took of the board showed up late as usual. She is still on the county board. She told them that she had been voted off of our board. The woman that was running the meeting asked he if she was still moving but had not found a place yet. I wanted to suggest a couple of places for those needing mental health. Then the wife gave a detailed report on what we were doing at out center. The manger of the county Seniors said that due to some miss information he wanted to move that we get the money that was denied at the last meeting. It was approved unanimously. The woman that we kicked off of the board has been going in to our center spreading lie about what we are going to do.

Steve When I went to the NHRA nationals for a couple of years there was a guy, Art Afrons, that was running a dragster with a 12 cylinder Allison Aircraft engine. What a machine.  Back then NHRA only allowed straight gas no nito.
There was a lot of hemp grown out west  in WW2. it was used to make rope for the Navy. I heard that there is still some growing wild out there. The voters of Michigan OKed recreational MJ a couple of years ago. Medical MJ was all ready legal. Now we have to worry about more people driving high along with the other idiots on the roads.

Marv It is good to here your are going to get the saw back sooner than later. years ago I was invited to put my trapping display up at the Sesquicentennial at Grand Haven. There was some guys from MN doing a Logging Show at the arena next to us. We spent a lot of time talking between their shows. It was an enjoyable time as I had not seen a logging show since I was a kid. They had some hot saws. We used to have cross cut sawing competitions at out trappers conventions. I never got in to one. When I was set up at a centennial celebration they were going to have an log rolling competition at the launch ramp. When they rolled the green oak log down the ramp it sank to the bottom! DUH

ww It is good to here they won their first game. Especially by a good margin.

H2L Hopefully your back pain clear up so you can bowl to your potential. I take a couple ibuprofen every morning along with one Norco. it helps with the arthritis in my hands and my back pain when I get up. This has been a bad week for me with hip and back pain but I refuse to take more than one Norco. I prefer to live with it.

Edie Enjoy the time with your mother. I still miss mine and she has been gone since 92. She raised me as a single mother devoting her time to me as I was growing up.
I am glad I was born in '43 instead of '44. Other wise I would be  a worn out 29 year old in a worn out 76 year old body. Turn 77 tomorrow with a worn out body that matched my age.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18751 on: Feb 29, 2020, 09:33 AM »
Not scheduled today, so will try and keep the feet elevated and get off an email to Dr. that the infection is still with me. 

Enjoy your rest day Bud :thumbsup:

IW that stinks :cookoo: guess a person soon finds out who your real friends are.

WW hope they get a sweep today :thumbsup:

TT I was hoping he could get the saw fixed in in 3-4 days, 5 hours was awesome. The hot saws have a nice bark to them. My b-i-l has a hard time walking without falling down so a hot saw wasn't the answer as a hobby for him.

Our run to the shack got put off, dang winds are supposed to be 20mph+ up there through the night. I just got in from burning my pine brush, my pines are now a wrap. Now I have to figure out what else needs doing ???

Hope you all are having an excellent morning :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18752 on: Feb 29, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Game 2,...another win 4-2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18753 on: Feb 29, 2020, 12:56 PM »

:clap: :thumbsup: :flex:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18754 on: Feb 29, 2020, 01:21 PM »

Kicking tail :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18755 on: Feb 29, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I set my camera up the other day. Thought I would share, I was happy to see Arrow made it through the winter.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18756 on: Feb 29, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Not much in the way of ice gear, see I can post pictures from my phone but can’t move them to my computer From the lap top still don't have ad photo button.
the total fishing department is double what Gander had in that same building, I finally got smart and brought in my chair when assembling the display pegs, had to put stoppers on them to keep product moved out all lined up.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18757 on: Feb 29, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Game 3...another win 2-1
Game 4....lost 6-2 😞
Not a bad day all in all.
4 more games tomorrow  :o

Have a good night and stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18758 on: Feb 29, 2020, 10:04 PM »
good day for the team ww hope tomorrow is just as good      my nephews son plays once he tried jumping the boards to get on ice for his shift and his jersey got hung up his feet couldn't reach the ice that was hilarious

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18759 on: Mar 01, 2020, 05:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Welcome to March!
  17* with some snow flurries this am, high of 34 today. Winds are a little better today, 10-20.

Wally...congratulation s to the teams taking 3 out 4 games, awesome!   :clap:  Best of luck with today’s matches!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...sorry to read that about some of your wife’s friends. One would think something like she is going through might bring friends closer. Some things are just hard to understand I guess...thoughts and prayers continued.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad you got the pines and burn done at the house anyway! Thanks for sharing the videos, it was great seeing Arrow again...she looks healthy as can be!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...thanks for sharing the pictures, the store looks like it has a great selection! Hope you got a response from your Dr. and can get that leg taken care of soon...best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck with the bowling tonight!  :thumbsup:   
  Tom...glad everything went well at the meeting and the money was approved, that’s excellent!   :clap:  I imagine that guy who took the plank off the ice got a few choice words tossed his way...man, that had to suck! Thanks for sharing the story.   :thumbsup:  Happy Birthday Sir....hope you have a wonderful day!    :bow:
  OG...I can picture your nephews son hung up on the boards and feet kicking!   :clap: :roflmao:   How’s the fishing been?

No fishing trip today with the boys, both had plans. Hopefully the ice will make it through the week ahead and we can get one more trip in next weekend.
  Had a rear drum brake making some noise yesterday on my truck. Crossing fingers it’s just crud built up and needing cleaning and a little adjustment...so that’s on the to do list this morning.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18760 on: Mar 01, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Morning all,

TT....happy birthday 🎂!!!

WS.....thanks for the videos, spring is in the air and the young man’s fancy turns to love lol

Eddie....fingers crossed the brakes aren’t anything serious

IW....guess MrsIW has discovered who her real friends are

OG.....funny story of the player hanging from his jersey

IFF....hope the leg is feeling better after a day off

4 games today starting at 7 this morning, last one at 5 tonight. Will be heading home tomorrow morning to rest up lol

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18761 on: Mar 01, 2020, 05:32 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM T
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18762 on: Mar 01, 2020, 06:04 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        I must have been tired, I slept till 6 am this morning. It's 10* and cloudy. ::)
                        Tom...…..Happy Birthday, have an enjoyable day sir.  :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing the plank story, that guy had to be a cheapskate
               not to leave it for people to get off the ice. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                        Wally...…Congrats to you grandson's team, I hope today they take all of their games. :flex:
                        Eddie......Sorry you won't be getting out today, we'll hold the ice up here for you and the boys. :flex: I hope you are right with it only
               being sand and salt in your brake. :unsure: How was the visit with your mother yesterday, I hope you said a big HI from the 9:45 group for
               us. :clap:
                         Marv......Thanks for sharing the videos with us, I'm glad to see Arrow made it through the winter, I wonder how long it will take for the
               arrow to rot off unless it's plastic, then it will be there for ever. :o
                         Dom...….It's nice to see you post, you must be getting the greenhouses ready for Easter. ???
                         Bud...…..Thanks for the pictures of the store displays, looks like they have a lot of inventory. :thumbsup: Take care of the leg. :flex:
                         OG...…...I would have liked to see the guy hanging. :roflmao:
                         Not much going on today, I might re do my tip ups, we're headed back to Champlain tomorrow :whistle:
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18763 on: Mar 01, 2020, 06:28 AM »
9* and a few clouds.
TT, Happy Birthday, enjoy your day.
WW, the team is on a roll. Good Luck today and have a safe trip home.
WS, thanks for the Arrow update. The wife was pleased to hear that Arrow made it though Winter.
IFF, the store is looking good. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
IW, we know how the wife must feel. My wife has had the same thing since her transplant. It has brought her closer to her sister, brother and cousins. But, none of them live near here, but they talk often.

Raq, is like an "old bear" this time of year. Starting to stir around in it's den'

Have a good day....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18764 on: Mar 01, 2020, 06:55 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

If I am not mistaken doesn't Dom and TT share the same day ??? If that's the case Happy Birthday to TT and Dom  :clap: :clap:

WW Congratulations to the hockey players, Excellent :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OG funny story :roflmao:

Eddie hope it's a crud screech with the drum :thumbsup:

Yesterday ended up being pretty laid back so I am going to spend some time today getting my wood cribs ready for another season of wood cutting and splitting. Right now the snow is to deep but it won't be long I will be able to get to it.

Hope you all have an excellent day:thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18765 on: Mar 01, 2020, 08:14 AM »
Game 1 2-2 tie

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18766 on: Mar 01, 2020, 10:25 AM »

If I am not mistaken doesn't Dom and TT share the same day ??? If that's the case Happy Birthday to TT and Dom  :clap: :

And Roger Daltry from the Who.. ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18767 on: Mar 01, 2020, 10:54 AM »
Happy birthday Raquette!!!

Game 2....10-3 loss  :(

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18768 on: Mar 01, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Good afternoon all        WW hope the afternoon is a little better. Does there league have both boys and girls playing together? How did these kiddos get the goal celebration down so exact?

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18769 on: Mar 01, 2020, 05:50 PM »
Good 10 inches of ice still here 50* and enough of a catch for supper great day to spend a couple hours

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18770 on: Mar 01, 2020, 08:05 PM »
Game 3.... 3-0 loss
Game 4.....6-0 loss
Tough day on the ice 😞

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18771 on: Mar 01, 2020, 08:14 PM »
Happy B=Day TT and Dom

talk about salt in the wound.  Couple guys stopped in, started by saying its time you got back to work ! I then recognized them as former customers, the salt part was they were heading to my home like to fish on 12 inches of ice for the afternoon/evening Walleye bite....Groan....
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18772 on: Mar 01, 2020, 09:34 PM »
OG....my grandson’s league is boys and girls, the granddaughters teams are just girls. The games this weekend were 5 for my grandson, 1 for the oldest granddaughter and 2 for the younger granddaughter.
Tonight’s last game was played in Boston at the Bruins practice rink, pretty cool!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18773 on: Mar 02, 2020, 01:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  24* this am to start off the new week, high of 51 forecasted today.  :woot:

Dom...Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to you Sir! That’s pretty cool sharing a B’day with Tom and Roger... :clap:  Remember the Smothers Brothers?   ;D       

Wally...you all must be bushed after this weekend, wow! Congratulations to the grandchildren on their wins and efforts...also to their parents and grandparents for their support! I’d call that a winning season, excellent job!   :clap: :bow:
  OG...way to go!  :clap:  Were you using the new line?
  Bud...hope you get a chance this week to join in with those boys!  :thumbsup:  How’s the weather been out there?
  Marv...I held off on the brake work yesterday after seeing the extended forecast. Will tackle that today...maybe catch a sunburn in the process, lol.  :thumbsup:  How did your day go?
  H2...hope you and the team were on fire last night!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...it’s going to be a fine day to be out on the ice today! Best of luck to you and Jon!   :icefish:

4am starts today and tomorrow....so far, lol.
  Spent a relaxing day just hanging out with the grandkids most of the day yesterday. The winds never let up much, so no time spent on the lake...maybe tomorrow afternoon.
   That time again... Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18774 on: Mar 02, 2020, 05:04 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

33 heading to upper 30's by afternoon.

Eddie excellent video :thumbsup: I spent most of my day yesterday enjoying the first 50 degree day this year. A lot of our snow melted, still plenty to interfere with wood making.

WW Thanks for the hockey updates, x2 on Eddies comments. What a weekend!

IW Best of luck on the ice today :icefish:

Dave best of luck heading back to work :thumbsup:

Bud just what you needed to hear. Hope you can slip away for a day on the ice :thumbsup:

I have a tree job on the planner for today. Another nice one, just making a mess and leaving it.

Hope you all have an excellent day, work or play :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18775 on: Mar 02, 2020, 05:13 AM »
Morning all,

WS....good luck with the tree job

Eddie....sunburn sounds like spring !!

IW....good luck on the ice today

IFF....hope work settles down soon and you can get out fishing

Heading home in a couple hours, the slower pace will be welcome for sure!!

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18776 on: Mar 02, 2020, 06:37 AM »
26* with some clouds.
IFF, I know how you feel. Guys would come into the bait shop on their way out and I would be wishing I were going. What was even worst was if someone stopped on their way home at told me the walleyes were on fire.
WW, have a safe trip. That is a lot of games for 3 days. It will be nice to get home and put your feet up.
WS, no 50's yet but mid 40's will seem good.
We went into last night 1 point back. We took all 4 points as did the first place team. I bowled 60 pins over my avg. Next week is last week of regular season, then a week of position round. We should be bowling the team that is in 1st place now. The back held up pretty good.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18777 on: Mar 02, 2020, 07:40 AM »
I will try again this morning. After typing a long post yesterday I did not notice the red warning that some one posted when I was typing. I moved away thinking my post had gone through. I guess I can blame it on ww as she was the one that posted. ;D

33* to start the day. Headed to almost 50 later today with some rain guessed  for the lower part of the state. Marv There is still a lot of snow on the property so I will not be getting to work on my fire wood either.

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. I had forgotten that I shared the same birthdate with Rakkeydaker. Hopefully I can get away with blaming it on OLD TIMERS!

Eddie Thanks for posting the video. I had no idea WHO Roger of The Who was. Now I know why I didn't as that type of music was not my cup of tea back in the day.

I went over to visitation for my old friend, Floyd, yesterday as I can not make the funeral today. I saw and visited with a lot of old friends. Plus a lot more I could not get to because of the crowd. I spent a lot of time with his son Dave's in laws as I had know them for years. When I went to leave I got a hug from Dave's wife as she knew how much Floyd meant to me. I learned that Floyd had written a few books about his experiences flying during WW2. They are in the library over their. I will have to read them when I am over there turkey hunting this spring.

ww it is good for your grandkids to know that you were there supporting them. We did a lot of traveling for our grand kids supporting them.

H2L It is good to here that your back held up last night. Hopefully your team can do well during the rest of the season.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18778 on: Mar 02, 2020, 08:05 AM »
By the time I get past the Grand Opening days (the 7th) would not surprise me if the ice would not be there.  Usually by then its open water time.  But be sure I will be in hot persuit then.

Just woke to another couple inches of snow on the deck ::)  Oh well.  just have to roll with the punches.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18779 on: Mar 02, 2020, 06:04 PM »
Evening ER's!! They finally got my wife's radiation schedule sorted out! She will start this Wednesday and do 5 days a week for 6 weeks. At least she goes in at 8 am so the rest of the day is hers!! Thanks to everyone for your support!!! :thumbsup: I hope everyone has a good evening!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.