Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650101 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12090 on: Mar 31, 2018, 04:59 AM »
Headed off in a few for the wife's three hour test. She had to go off pain meds for a couple of days so she is miserable. Then to an early Easter dinner at a friends house. Trying to stuff down breakfast this early is not normal. I have not got started on patching the walls in the bathroom as I am waiting for some special patch my son is bring with him today.

Catch you all later

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12091 on: Mar 31, 2018, 06:02 AM »
Best wishes sent to your wife Tom, hope all goes well.   :thumbsup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12092 on: Mar 31, 2018, 06:14 AM »
Good morning early risers, laundry and a couple other chores to complete this morning. The house is coming along nicely interior is now painted and exterior pressure washed remaining jobs should be completed this week. Now need to get property title problem corrected with county and last few items out of the house and it will be ready for real estate market.
Tom Turkey all the best for your wife with today's test. Enjoy the Easter dinner later today.
IFF have a good fishing trip may a relative of fish caught in spawning net hit your line. Best to Kansas in to nights game.
Eddie the same thing happens here with the natural grass fields after some Winters not the best practice place hard on equipment especially stick heads and gloves of players who take face offs but keeps playing fields in better shape until the ground dries  and firms up we do have a few schools with artificial turf fields.  Always seems stream conditions are less then ideal for start of NY. trout fishing season.
Ice Wanderer all the best with today's fishing trip ditto Eddie's comments.
Old Goat have a great Easter with the family . May you find some good deals this Spring.
Whopper Stopper hope you had a nice visit with your sister and lifted her spirits.
Wallyworld may you not spend most of today in kitchen preparing for tomorrows  Easter feast.

Have a good and safe Saturday everyone.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12093 on: Mar 31, 2018, 06:21 AM »
Good morning everyone, Tom Turkey I hope your wife feels better and you have a great Easter dinner. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12094 on: Mar 31, 2018, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning. 26 degrees and sunny.

Eddie, congrats to your son. I know you must be very proud.

I see a list here of what the wife has to do for Easter dinner. That means I have to STAY out of the kitchen, except when the sink is full of dishes.

Everyone have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12095 on: Mar 31, 2018, 06:27 AM »
Morning all,

TT......best wishes for MrsTT's test  :)  enjoy the early Easter dinner

Eddie.....going to be a tough opener tomorrow, creeks & streams are a muddy mess  :%$#!:  good luck if you decide to give it a go

WS.....hope your sister's spirits were lifted by your visit last night  ;)  from what I've seen knee replacement surgery/rehab is no easy task  :-\

MrC....yep we'll be celebrating tomorrow with MrWW's family  ;D  are you spending the day with your sister & family  ???

IW......hope the bite is on today  :thumbsup: :icefish:

IFF....it's amazing the size of some of the eyes that get netted every year  :o  always wonder where the heck they go when they're released back in the lake  :blink:  they should be getting the nets out here soon too

Not too much going on today, might start getting camp opened up then stop at Oneida Lake Hatchery and check out the creek, see if the eyes have moved in yet. Anything to be outdoors on this sunny 50*+ day  :thumbsup: :woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12096 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

It’s been a busy morning here dealing with snow. We ended up with about 6”, further north they were blessed with about a foot. I have tried a few times to post this morning but the gremlins seem to be in an ugly mood. 

The last I had heard last night we were only supposed to get an inch, so I was surprised seeing the 3’ drift across the driveway. The winds will keep up throughout the day reaching 35mph by evening, currently there is enough breeze to keep the wind chills around 0. It looks like another day of stuffing the stove. I sure am glad I got all my spruce cracked when I did.

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday no matter what’s on the agenda. Above all stay safe!

I will see if this one sticks.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12097 on: Apr 01, 2018, 04:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  HAPPY EASTER to all the 9:45'ers and members of this great site!!   :thumbsup:
  Cloudy skies and 42*, that will be today's high here as well, slight chance of some rain possible.
  Congrats to all the Villanova and Michigan fans out there, best of luck in the Championship Game!

Bud..tough loss with the Jayhawks last evening, better luck next season! How was the fishing yesterday?
  Marv...that had to be a real eye opener seeing all that snow yesterday morning, yikes! Hope the cleanup went well, denfinetly a good move taking care of the spruce when you did. Best of luck with those Gremlins, they stopped by here yesterday morning as well... :%$#!:
  Wally...enjoy the day with Mr.WW's family today, did you get to see any walleyes yesterday?
  H2...Thank You, will pass all the congrats to Mike at dinner today!  :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope you have a great day today as well Sir, how did you make out with the Med's problem?
  Steve..glad to read the house is just about ready, that's awesome!!  :clap:  Hope you have an enjoyable day with your sister and family if heading to Jersey today, safe travels!   :thumbsup:

Yesterday's warm weather really knocked down the snow here, actually saw some of the Mrs.'s plants starting to break out of the ground.
  Had a buddy call me at 9am yesterday wanting me to join him Icefishing a local lake...he made it on ok and stayed shallow, had 5" of ice, 3" of white 2" of better....not for me, had to pass. Temps went up into the 50's and with all the runoff, the trout streams are now roaring, going to pass on wetting a line today and see how things look during the week.
  Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter..PS.. don't forget to count the eggs in advance if having an Easter egg hunt!   ;D
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12098 on: Apr 01, 2018, 04:46 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        Happy Easter, April Fools Day, and the opening of trout season here in New York.  :thumbsup:
                        It's  39* and cloudy here on my hill, with light rain in the forecast, not a good day to hunt Easter Eggs. ::)
                        Eddie.......I hope your Easter dinner with your family goes off well. :flex:
                        Marv........I guess winter doesn't want to let go, I remember back in 1977 on May 8th we woke to 18" of snow. I guess you never know. ???
                        Steve.......You must be delighted that the house is almost done, I bet it looks nice! :flex:
                        WW.........I hope you have a good day with Mr,Wally's family. :thumbsup:
                        Yesterday fishing was slow a lot of fish were marked but none was caught! ???
                        I hope everyone has a good Easter either at work, I bet Raquettdacker was busy in the green houses all month long!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12099 on: Apr 01, 2018, 05:32 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Easter !!!! 36* windy and light snow here to bring April in   >:(  guess that's Mother Nature's April Fools joke  ::)

WS.....sorry to hear you're battling snow and wind yet again  :(  we've all seen enough this year  :blink:

Eddie.....no eyes in the creek yet, water's probably still a bit cold  :-\  agree on passing on the ice adventure  ;D

IW.....sorry the fishing was slow  :'(  had to be a beautiful day to be out tho  ;)

TT.....hope yesterday's dinner went well  :)

Have a good day however you're celebrating Easter, Passover or April Fools Day  :woot:  Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12100 on: Apr 01, 2018, 06:04 AM »
Happy Easter to everyone. 41 degrees and cloudy. Very nice day yesterday, we lost some snow....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #12101 on: Apr 01, 2018, 06:13 AM »
Happy Easter!! Snow coming in tonight! At least the day will be decent!! I hope everyone enjoys the day at whatever they choose!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12102 on: Apr 01, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Happy Easter to Everyone,  Hope the Easter Bunny brought lots of candy to Everyone. Hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12103 on: Apr 01, 2018, 06:42 AM »

Happy Easter to all!

Yesterday was busy with the snow, it sounds like tomorrow we will be getting another 3"-4".

Hope everyone has an excellent day. Stay safe especially if traveling.

WS

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12104 on: Apr 01, 2018, 08:23 AM »
I guess winter doesn't want to let go, I remember back in 1977 on May 8th we woke to 18" of snow. I guess you never know???

I remember planting corn on our farm on May 3rd, 2001 and waking up to 4 inches of snow on May 4th. Hope it doesn't drag out that long this year!!  Hope everyone has a great Easter and if any of the NY guys are in the streams today, good luck!  :)

I awoke one day with a taste for trout,
So I pulled on my waders and I headed out.
He spotted my bait and began to give chase,
Then my hook ripped into his fishy face.
He looked up at me like I was his friend,
So I let him go... and had a big juicy steak instead!!   ;D
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12105 on: Apr 01, 2018, 09:59 AM »
Good Morning, Almost forgot this is the first of April, will have to be on my toes  ;D 

Eddie, Don't think the Jayhawk were prepared for it to rain 3's like it did, just to much to over come.  Think Villanova will be the winner, but that's why they play the game to determine the winner.

32* this morning.  Fishing outing didn't go as planned, the other one wimped out and didn't go so I pulled my cover and went by myself, called a couple other guys, but was too short of notice.  Boated 9, all short, but was interesting day.  Still waking up with some stiffness, from using muscles that want to be left along.  ::)

Will be joining the kids, for Easter dinner.  then see how the next 10 days of weather goes.

Good day to all, see the gremlin is making his rounds, stopped here also.  :cookoo: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12106 on: Apr 01, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Happy Easter to my fellow 9:45ers lazy day for me so far went my sister and BIL's yesterday because I was scheduled to work tonight figured it would be better then trying to get a few hours of sleep before working when I got home last nigh message from my department head on answering machine saying I had Easter off so relaxing here at the condo. Weather guessers calling for snow tomorrow see how much my area receives hopefully will not cause any more tree damage.
IFF have a good dinner with the kids sorry Kansas did not advance to championship game.
Deerefishyfishy I've seen 5 to 6 inch of snow in early April and dustings a couple times in early May.
Whopper Stopper good you finished splitting the spruce before latest snowfall. Hope you had a pleasant visit with your sister.
Icefisher-45 hope your feeling good enough to enjoy today with family.
OldSailor may you and the family have a good Easter.
Hunts2long good to read your wife is feeling well enough to prepare Easter dinner. Best to the family and you.
Wallyworld a safe journey to relatives hope you do not have to transport to many dishes as your part of family meal.
Ice Wanderer that is a lot of snow any time of year . I think Raquettedacker will be a busy man up until Mother's Day.
Eddie glad your friend made it on and of the ice safely . Have a good day with the family.

Safe travels to everyone have a great day.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12107 on: Apr 01, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Busy couple of days. The dinner yesterday went off great. just to small of a house for the number of people. Grand daughter from Lansing came with her husband and daughter came from Lansing. Way to much food so every one went home with left overs. When you get my kids and the wife's kids together it can get pretty crazy.

The test the wife had early Saturday moring went great. She actually got done with it early. Now the wait for the results. I finally had the results for my rug screen show up on line today a week after it was finished. I am not cncerned with the results as i know what amount of Norco I take. It is going to show up fairly high because of  the one I took a couple hours before they took the sample.

Today the wife's son and grandson came up for another get together as her son had to work yesterday. They also got sent home with left overs. Now for some rest.

the weather looks nasty for Tuesday. I just hope it is not a repeat of April 3rd back in the 80's. I never drove in such a nasty storm in all of my life. Luckily we have no pressing apointments  the rest of the week.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12108 on: Apr 02, 2018, 03:35 AM »
Morning all,

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday whatever you were up to  :)  Heading out in a few to chase some browns  ;)2   From the looks of the forecast today will be the only day the boat will see the water for this week  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12109 on: Apr 02, 2018, 03:44 AM »
Good luck chasing the browns WW
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12110 on: Apr 02, 2018, 04:13 AM »
Good morning ER's  Had to get up and do some stretching.  Took a look at the outside temp and pretty sure I let out a groan, 31*.  Poor robin birds must be confused, no spring rains yet to bring up the night crawlers for easy pickings.  Double checked the 10 forecast and see its been revised to hit low 70's for today, and rain turning to snow over night.  :cookoo:

Got home from the kids house, was a rather boring few hours, I think once we had our lunch of burgers off the grill, I spent some time looking at the inside of my eye lids  ::)  Then remembered I needed to cover the boat.  Then re-spooled my lead core trolling reel with fresh line.  :thumbsup:  just in case someone wants to partner for the upcoming Walleye Tournament on the home lake April 14th.  Think I would rather just be a spectator, would not surprise me if it turns out to be less than a nice day to be on the water.  Will have to look at the down rigger I took off the boat and see if it can be fixed.  If I remember the break would not hold it, and would drop on its own.

Watched some "Fixer upper" while at the kids, I thought some of the ladies ideas looked rather ugly....I must be old school  ;D

Think now that I am up might as well go do my workout thing

Have a good day at work or play.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12111 on: Apr 02, 2018, 04:22 AM »

Good morning Wally, Bud, ER's,
                          It's 26* and clear on my hill this morning with a high of 45* and mostly sunny! :thumbsup:
                          Wally.......Good luck chasing the Browns today, too bad the weather for the rest of the week looks bad for getting out. :%$#!:
                          Bud.........Nothing going on for you today. ???
                          Eddie.......How was your family get together? :clap: Gremlins or early start? ???
                          Yesterday I spent most of the day with my #2 son and his family and in laws, we met at the Holiday Inn in Lake George for brunch and then
               back to #2's house for Easter Egg hunt for my grand children. When I left LO village I swung by the lake and one of my friends was fishing. There
               was a lot of open water along the beach. :whistle:
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at what ever you plan on doing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12112 on: Apr 02, 2018, 05:00 AM »

22 degrees here waiting on more snow. From this afternoon through tomorrow around noon we will get 6"-10" to add to the collection ::) The entire week will be back to below normal temps for April   :cookoo:

WW best of luck to you and Mr WW in the boat today :thumbsup:

Bud good going sticking to the workouts, certainly not easy :clap:

IW hope you will be able to get back on the ice  :icefish:

Eddie hope you and the crew have good day back at the office ??? Good luck if you hit a stream after work for some trout Sir! :thumbsup:

mr.clean hope you enjoyed your day off and were able to catch up on some rest without your internal clock screwing you up.

I am spending the day in the garage trying to get things back in order. Other then that greasing the blower and getting it ready for another outing.

The best to everyone this Monday no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12113 on: Apr 02, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Good morning ,snowing currently already 2-3 inches on ground less on pavement . Snow has lots of moisture hopefully we do not receive enough to do more damage to trees.
Tom Turkey glad you got to spend Saturday and Sunday with your combined families . Good to read wife testing went well and you finally have results from your test .
Wallyworld have fun chasing the brown trout .
IFF have a good day getting your gear ready for open water fishing.
Ice Wanderer sounds like you spent a nice Easter with family. Think your ice fishing season is coming to an end.
Whopper Stopper hope we both see warmer weather soon any side jobs you have must be getting put on hold with snow.

Have a safe and good Monday . Best to all like Wallyworld who are out fishing.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12114 on: Apr 02, 2018, 01:19 PM »
Finally got home from the wife's appointment. We drove past quite a few Meijer stores to go 25 mile past home to go to the one we do almost all of our shopping at. The customers and employees are a pleasure to deal with. Though Big Rapids is a college town it has a laid back atmosphere.

The wife's appointment was short as it was just to look at a place on her back that keeps filling up with gunk. The doc will take it out in a few weeks. This doctor took care of the skin cancer her dad had a few years before he passed away. He will be retiring  shortly after he takes care of her problem. He is almost 80. 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12115 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* and calm at the moment, high of 37 today with some rain moving in.
  Villanova sealed the deal last night against Michigan in the Championship Game, congrats to all the fans!   :thumbsup:

Tom...best wishes to your wife, hope everything goes well for her!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...we got some snow mid morning but most melted by afternoon. Looked like your area and south got hit pretty good...how much did you end with?
  Marv...hope the weather guessers screwed up on the snow prediction, Spring hasn't quite sprung yet! Took a few casts on my way home yesterday, stream was still fairly high/dirty but going down...no takers.
  Jeff...we had a 4am start again yesterday and was running a tad behind..knew I shouldn't have had that last glass of wine on Easter. Dinner was nice, think we had 13 total sitting at the tables... ;D
  Wally...looking forward to your report! Hope the fishing went well.... :thumbsup:

Passed on the congrats from everyone to my son Mike at the dinner table. He had a smile from ear to ear and asked me to pass on his appreciation....Thank You everyone!
  Speaking of Mike...he pulled a fast one on the family at Easter. After dinner and a few drinks, he went out to his vehicle to get a tray of cupcakes he made for dessert. He told everyone they were special and each contained something, and that one in particular even had a $20 bill in it. They each had to take one and start eating at the same time.
  Well, indeed they did. My wife took the first one and found the inside filled with tuna fish, others discovered BBQ sauce, peanut butter, caramel topping, Hersheys topping, egg salad, mayonnaise, and one had a shot or two of Tambasco in it. He hallowed out the tops filled up the center and then frosted them.... :woot:
  When all was said and done and questioned about the $20 bill, he simply said " April Fools!!". Don't know where he came up this, but I surely didn't teach him....did give him a high five though when nobody was looking!  :roflmao:
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12116 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:55 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 31* here on my hill as well and will only rise 6* today here. ::)
                         Eddie......That's a funny joke Mike played on everyone, it's a good thing your family has a good sense of humor! :roflmao:
                         Steve......How much snow did you get, a friend on Long Island said they got 8"? ??? Even mother nature can play an April fools joke. :roflmao:
              Yes Steve, our fishing on LG has come to an end. I started occupational therapy on my shoulder and it is more sore than before I had that shoulder
              manipulation done. Hopefully it will get better with time. :whistle:
                         Today I get to watch my #2 sons children, He started work yesterday well last night. His company has 2 bridges that go over I-87 and the
              first phase is night work, 6:30 pm to 6:30 am for two weeks. So they have asked family to help out with the kids after school and today is my turn. My
              wife is in Vt. visiting her mother so I am alone today. They arte good kids especially when I watch them.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or whatever?

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #12117 on: Apr 03, 2018, 04:55 AM »
Good morning ER's! Snow yesterday morning and thunderstorms this morning with a high in the upper 60's!! Go figure!!! I hope everyone has a good day at whatever is on the planner. Today is my 'Monday' for the work week!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12118 on: Apr 03, 2018, 05:07 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

28 and the snow keeps floating down :%$#!:

Eddie funny stuff :roflmao: What flavor was your cup cake? That would have been a good one for America's Funniest Home Videos.

IW good luck with the occupational therapy. Have a good time with the Grand kids.

WW can't wait to hear how the fishing trip went :clap:

I am going to head out and scrape the slab in a bit. Unfortunately the guessers were right and by tonight we should have a total of around 8"-10". The winds will be picking up after about 8am with 25mph winds so cleanup will be a bear. They claim within 12 days we may see +60, but then they started in about things setting up for some big storms when the hot and cold air masses clash ???

Hope you all have an excellent Tuesday :thumbsup:  Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12119 on: Apr 03, 2018, 05:11 AM »
Good morning everyone, going to try this again. Insurance is confirmed by both my wife and the doctors. Hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.