Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1647921 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12060 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:39 AM »
Morning all,

OG.......morning sir  ;D   sorry no cookies today   :'( 

WS.....that's quite the splitter   :flex:  sure beats trying to split all that wood the old fashioned way   :nono: if the darn snow ever goes away, we'll be starting the same project here   ;)

Eddie....noticed a huge difference in snow amounts traveling the thruway/MA pike over the weekend, some places were literally buried in snow while a few miles down the road there was nothing but grass  :blink:  funny how localized the storms were  :wacko: 

IW.....how's your ice holding up  ???  seems the melt down has been pretty gradual so far

IFF....hope your weather settles itself soon so you can get back in the boat  ;)

All the hockey games were playoff games and "our" teams won so the season continues  :clap:  Along with the play offs try outs are going on for next year's teams  :wacko:  not sure how anyone in the house knows if they're coming or going  :unsure:  :woot:  As always, it's good to be in the peace and quiet of home again  ;D 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12061 on: Mar 27, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Good Morning ER's Got awakened to the sound of Mrs. choking  gasping for air.  She says she takes a med that causes her to cough a lot.  And at times has trouble clearing her throat.  I think she has never learned how to make a sucking motion with the back of her tongue.  Now that I am up I see most of the snow is on the grass, and very little on street or sidewalk.  The deck is a different story.  About 4-5 inches of it, I am sure it has a lot of water in it.

Marv good deal on the splitter, I sold one I had, so any I do around here will have to be by hand.

OG, did you say cookies in coming ?  better get some before they disappear.  I might have to come down with something and miss 4 hrs at the store, as the game is scheduled to start at 6:49 PM my time.

Jeff, have a good go at the ice, yeah I think Marv has been fanning the air on down here with tossing all that firewood around, got cold enough (30*) to turn a lot of the 1.5" of rain into snow. Either that or he is helping my area have a little less chance of wild fires.

Eddie, Thanks for the next game wishes, I wouldn't mind seeing them go all the way to championship.  Kansas vs Loyola maybe ? 

Tom, right don't need any chimney fires, Think that will be on my list to clean also.  Thanks for the reminder.

OG you were right on the WW sighting, 

WW good you teams won, and will have more games to look forward to.  I'm not in a big hurry to get the boat out just yet.  Maybe next week the warmer day time temps will be more to my old bones liking.

Time to raid the cookie jar  Stay safe all.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12062 on: Mar 27, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Good morning everyone, traveled 2 hrs yesterday to see a spine doctor to find out thru paperwork error my insurance was cancelled so the doctor wouldn't see me. Per the insurance company now I have to wait a couple of days for the insurance company to reinstate my insurance. Best part is now I can't afford my pain meds and I took my last dose this morning. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12063 on: Mar 27, 2018, 09:26 AM »
IF45
That is sad. Having to live with out pain killers would be devistating to me. I would shop around to see if you might pick a few up for a decent price with out insurance. I get my genaric Norco with out insurance for way less than any place I have checked. Fact is no one can come near what I am paying for my meds. A lot of times my costs are about the same or less than others co-pays.  For any one having a Shopko around check them out.

WS That splitter sure makes things easier. By the way your are using the spruce it sounds like you will not need to replace the supply for YEARS. I was planning on cutting down trees that did not need spliting so I did not need to rent a splitter. I found that it was cheaper to rent a splitter than buying one as I got it all stacked in a row and would split and restack it to dry in the sun. My son went over board and dropped a big oak while the sap was still down. I had planed on taking down a few small trees along the power line. I do not need that much wood at the other place as I am not there that much. if i was goning to live over there again I would put in a pellet stove as i am to wron out to cut much wood any more.

I finally got the old vanity torn out of the bathroom yesterday. They build it in place. What a fiasco that was. We are in an older double wide. There were wires run under the base of the vanity instead of in the wall where they should have been. I almost hit one with the sawzall. Now to figure out how I am going to put the new vanity in with the wire problem.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12064 on: Mar 28, 2018, 03:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  34* and light rain falling, high of 47 here today.

Tom...hope the rest of your project goes problem free. Does your house have a basement or is it slab on grade?
  I-45...wow, that's terrible about the insurance issue, dang! Hope they resolve that problem immediately, best wishes sent...perhaps your primary Dr. could help you out with the meds?
  Bud..that's scarey stuff with your wife's breathing, yikes! How much snow did you end up with?
  Wally...Comgratulation s to your grandson and his team, best of luck with the remaining games!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...looks like that splitter does a fine job, awesome!  :thumbsup:  Any decision yet of going back to work with the company?
  Jeff...nice job on the lakers again! Hope the fishing went well yesterday and the salmon were hungry! Best of luck today if heading out!   :thumbsup:

Walking into work yesterday morning we passed a homeless woman sitting on a bench with a bag of bottles and a cart of clothes, etc. She was going on and on in a full blown argument with herself. When she saw us approaching, she just stared us down, so I said good morning as I walked passed....
  Probably wasn't the best thing to do as she began cussing big time at me and repeating " I just lost a F....thousand dolla's, a thousand F'ing dollas!!".  Doh.....won't make that mistake again....cawfee's on!!    ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12065 on: Mar 28, 2018, 04:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 32* with light rain here on my hill this morning.
                         Eddie........Didn't your mother ever tell you not to talk to strangers. lol :roflmao: I'vev noticed that homeless people, how ever sad it is, a lot of
               them aren't right in the head! ::)
                         Wally.......X2 with the congratulations to your grandsons team! :clap: Yes the ice seems to be going slowly, surprising the shore is still holding too. :o
                         Marv........You had sent me a picture of your splitter, I wish mine had that lift on it! :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
                         Bud.........What's your weather today, it seems to see saw a lot? ???
                         Yesterday was an decent day one of Jon's and my friends got a nice 25" Salmon and Jon and I caught Lakers, I'm about Lakered out! :whistle:
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12066 on: Mar 28, 2018, 05:26 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good morning Everyone :bow:

I am back to the wood pile this morning to finish off my spruce splitting. I am going to have more than I have room for in my crib so I will take what's ever left over and make a pile out back. I told the wife it looks like there will be lots of chicken this summer, she gave me that look I always hear about ::)

The lift on the splitter is a life saver as far as I am concerned. For smaller wood I use it for a place to stack the wood when splitting alone, and of course for big stuff I can just lower the pan, roll the block onto it, and hit the lever. I used to have a low profile splitter but all the bending over killed my back, at least here I can stand mostly straight up. I have had it since 1977 so the old gal doesn't owe me anything. The down side of it is the weight which if I didn't have the 4 wheeler moving it around would be a job. Newer ones have torsion axles on them so towing down the road would be possible. Mine is solid, so if I take it to the shack I have to load it onto a trailer. I have often thought about fixing it up but some how it always gets put off.

Not sure yet on the job Eddie. My wife and I have sure spent the time talking about it. She wants me to stop and I kind of do, but 1 more year would sure be nice from the money stand point. I have about 3 weeks yet before I need to decide.

I actually am short of time with a trip to Walmart before it gets light so I best get going.

Happy Hump day to most! OldSailor has to wait a day and hard to say where mr.clean is in his work week ???

Above all stay safe everyone!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12067 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Good Morning ER's Mountain fresh air of 26*

IF-45, Was the appointment for an exam ?  Would think the Doc could give a little and just accept an office visit fee ?  Hope all I will ever need is some Aleve now and then.

Tom, maybe a new wall ? Seeing how you now have the vanity out of the way.

Eddie.  Snow was pretty wet, about an inch and a half of moisture, All gone from the trees, deck, and pavement this morning, now maybe a few snow showers for tonight.  :unsure: Need to check the boat cover for pooling water and get that off.

Marv nice to have 24 hr. Walmart's parking is easy in the wee hours, and less crowds to deal with.  I think I know that look too.   :roflmao:

Returned to the fitness place for a work out, have to admit, my steel is turning to putty. 20 minutes for starters on the bike = about 5 miles. 20 minutes in the pool, then a dip in the crock pot.  How warm to they keep hot tubs ? 105*  ??? The water jets I think are on steroids  :unsure: Now just have to keep it up. Aleve stand by your up next.  ;D

Well another cup of coffee, and will get on with the day.

Good Day to all.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12068 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Good Morning. 34 degrees and cloudy.
Yesterdays trip to NYC got pushed out. It was only a check-up so not a big deal.
Eddie, "never wake a sleeping dog". With the warmer weather they are all coming back from down South.
Still about 6 inches of snow in the yard and lots in the woods.
They should be closing the gates at the dam this week. Lake has to come up about 17 feet by May 1st to get to target level.
Wife has a dentist appt. this morning, may ride down with her, just to get out of the house.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12069 on: Mar 28, 2018, 09:28 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope you got ALL your bags home in one trip  ;)2  :woot:  sure is a good feeling to look out and see more than enough wood split and stacked  :flex: "just one more year" can lead to never taking the leap to the stress free life of retirement  ;)

Eddie....x2 on H2L's comment, the warmer it gets the more "birds" will be returning  ;D

H2L....same here on the snow pack, thought these warm windy days would have knocked it down quicker  :-\  see more chances of snow in next week's forecast  >:(

IFF....stick with your program, it will get easier as time goes by  :thumbsup: :clap:  soon those bands of steel will be back  :flex: :flex:

IW....it's not just the grandson's team, the 2 girls are still winning too  :thumbsup: ;)  think Mom & Dad have both had about enough of hockey for one season  :wacko:  the kids not so much  :roflmao:

TT.....funny how a "simple" job can turn into a nightmare at the drop of a hat  :%$#!: :blink:  seems every time I get MrWW convinced to start a "quick little" project some obstacle pops up and bye bye "quick little"  hello "now what?"  :whistle: :blink: good luck with the rest of your project

IF45.....hope you can get your insurance issue squared away quickly, maybe your Doc can write a script for 2 or 3 days worth of meds just to get you thru  ???

Finally got all the snow melted off the solar panels  :thumbsup:  sure took long enough  :cookoo:  but we're back in business now   @)  as long as we don't get any more big snow storms that is  :nono: :blink:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12070 on: Mar 28, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone :bow:

I finished the spruce and other than getting some pitch out of my hair I am done. I ended up with 3.5 full cords  of wood from the 15 trees. I had room for 3 cords in my crib and will dump the other 1/2 out back.

This is the hitch on my 4 wheeler for moving the splitter around. It was designed to mount my snow plow on it but I get more use out of it moving things I don't want to lift.

Hope you all have an excellent afternoon. I am off to find some mineral spirits.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12071 on: Mar 28, 2018, 02:29 PM »
Greetings fellow 9:45ers between work and the house missed on posting for a few days. Have to bring more old books to transfer station for recycling tomorrow.
Icefisher-45 sorry to read about your insurance problem may it get resolved quickly so you can get back on your pain killers.
Hunts2long good to see no problems from your wife's church visit this past Sunday.
Tom Turkey might have to bring in an electrician to change wiring before completing remodel.
OldSailor have fun learning features of your new phone might have to upgrade myself some how my contact list keeps getting deleted on my present phone.
Eddie always have to be cautious around homeless/street people like IW said many have mental health issues which only compounds their situation.
IFF congratulations to the Jayhawks may they advance to final game. Keep a watch on your wife with the breathing problems. All the best with exercise program.
Wallyworld congratulations to the grandchildren on their teams making playoffs. Glad you had a safe trip home.
Ice Wanderer just wondering what is the latest date you have ice fished on Lake George. Congratus to you and your group on the salmon and lakers.
Whopper Stopper think your good on wood supply for a few years of chicken barbeques and fire starting wood.

Have a pleasant evening everyone.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12072 on: Mar 29, 2018, 04:52 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 36* and cloudy here on my hill, the snow is slowly melting away. :clap:
                       Steve........I don't remember what year it was nut I believe April 10th one year we could still fish but had to use a plank to get on. :flex:
                       I45.........I hope you can resolve your insurance problem.  :blink:
                       Marv.......That's a nice pile you have in the cribs. :flex:
                       Eddie.......I hope the Gremlins haven't gotten to your computer again? ???
                       Wally........I didn't realize that the girls were involved too, Congrats to them as well. I know it's a lot of work for their parents going to
               the games and all, but there could be worse things that the kids could be doing. And it gets the whole family involved. :clap:
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12073 on: Mar 29, 2018, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

24 degrees and maybe 40 this afternoon but cooler air is on tap towards Easter. They said Easter morning services it will feel like 0 out ???

Not much on my agenda today. The wife has a .45 a gallon off gas coupon so I am in charge of some gas cans and filling the truck. I am also having the summer tires put on the wives truck tomorrow, so I have to load them into the back. At least this year she was able to get some use out of the snow tires this snow season.

Yesterday afternoon after I came in I thought I would try to gain some extra points on the home front. I took a stab at decorating some eggs. Unfortunately the kit I had bought took a Doctor of Pharmacy degree to figure out the mixing, so I flushed it :%$#!: I got digging around our cupboard and found enough odds and ends to get a few decorated. I thought they looked pretty good......

My wife said they were nice, just too bad she doesn't eat eggs ???
Guess I never thought about that part.

Hope you all have am excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12074 on: Mar 29, 2018, 07:17 AM »
Good morning IW,WS and fellow 9:45er's feels like Spring has finally arrived already 45 degrees outside.
Ice Wanderer the latest I've seen people ice fishing in my area was April 1 or 2 ,1994 . We had a very cold Winter that year latest I've been on the ice is March 15 Th.
Whopper Stopper nice looking eggs ! To bad your wife does not like hard boiled eggs hope you only boiled and died a dozen.
Eddie hope it was time storage that kept you from posting this morning and not computer gremlins.

I will check back later in the day to see who else has posted a reply.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12075 on: Mar 29, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Good morning everyone, still waiting for the insurance company to reinstate my insurance. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12076 on: Mar 29, 2018, 08:10 AM »
WS Nice looking eggs!!! Isn't it simpler to just take out the winter air and putting in summer air rather than changing tires. That is a good deal on gas. Around here you would have to watch the all to frequent price spikes on gas or you would not save any thing.

I have not eaten a hard boiled egg in years. The only way that I will eat one is if it is deviled or made into egg salad. I have a hard time eating a basted egg if the yolk gets broke and ends up hard. The wife makes some great deviled eggs. She has two dozen eggs waiting to be deviled for our early Easter dinner on Saturday.

MR Clean I have no need to hire an electrician. What needed done was getting the wiring put in the wall so it was not in the way when I set the new vanity. In my working years I worked for and with electricians quite often. On the last job I did for a big company I built an addition on a business. All of the company electricians were busy so I wired the addition. After leaving that company I did a lot of work for the business that I built the addition for. They never hired the company I had worked for again. I am still friends with the owner of the business to this day. I did the original build in '89.

if45. hopefull they get your insurance straightened out soon. I have a couple of back braces that help with my pain. They are Cybertech handled by www.braceability.com. I found a heavy duty one on Ebay for way less than braceability wanted. The tension on the brace can be adjusted with strings even to the point you can hardly breath.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12077 on: Mar 29, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Good Morning, Not much happening here, just going to watch the 2 inches of snow from last night melt.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12078 on: Mar 29, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Good evening ,Icefisher-45 sorry to see your still battling with insurance company. Tom Turkey glad you can reroute the electrical wires yourself will save you money on cost of remodel.

Have a good evening everyone.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12079 on: Mar 30, 2018, 01:12 AM »
Good Morning and Good Friday Everyone,
   45* with mist and fog on the Hill, high near 50 today with some off and on rain. Yes, the Gremlins said hello to me again yesterday morn...another case of the old frozen screen when I hit post....Doh!

Jeff..congrats to you and Jon/crew on the fishing!  :thumbsup:  How are the shorelines holding up? Best of luck if heading out today!
  Marv..excellent job on the wood Sir!!   :clap:   Best wishes on your work decision whatever it may be! Nice job on the eggs!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...saw the same thing about more snow on the extended forecast...will keep the snowblower right where it is for a few more weeks yet.
  H2...yes, they're coming baaack again, lol.

Apologies for the short reply and missing anyone this am, will try and catch up this afternoon.
  Starting early again this am and looking forward to the wrap up of this week. Received some good news yesterday from my son Mike. He just recently finished up on a bridge job down in Allentown, PA that his company sent him down to oversee. Yesterday he was promoted to a Superintendants position, made his old man pretty proud!   :thumbsup:
   Cawfee's on....will check in and see how you're all doing at break!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12080 on: Mar 30, 2018, 03:38 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 43* here on my hill with light rain, we had .22 of an inch since midnight.
                     Eddie.........Congrats to your son Mike for the promotion, I'm sure it makes you proud to have a son that is rewarded for his good work. I bet
              he got his work ethics from you. :flex: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: No fishing today in the rain, I hope the shore holds up. ::)
                     Marv.........Nice job on the eggs, maybe the SIL likes eggs. ::) I like them anyway you can think of! :o
                     Tom........When I built my house I did all the wiring, around here you don't have to be a licensed electrician, when the electrical inspects a house
             the liability falls on him. :whistle: I picked up wiring when I worked for a builder and the electricians were working, I'd watch and ask questions. :flex:
                     Bud.......Watching snow melt, is that like waiting for water to boil. lol :roflmao:
                     I hope everyone has a good Good Friday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12081 on: Mar 30, 2018, 05:37 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

25 with snow moving in today through tomorrow, Accumulations won't be much but the 40mph winds will make the temps feel in the single digits by Easter.

Congratulations to your son Eddie :clap: You should be very proud of his accomplishments, he is a reflection of you :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the Gremlins, glad they left you alone today.

IW hope the rain dosen't screw things up with the ice, it sure sounds like you have been doing well in these last weeks of the season.

WW hope all is well with you on this Good Friday. Hope your weekend is a good one no matter what's on your planner.

Bud good luck with the work outs :thumbsup: We had a hot tub for a few years, we always kept it at 100- 102. Much more then that was more than I liked. I did like it in the fall and early winter to soak in after a long day at work. Down side was all the up keep.

I am off to the tire shop in a couple of hours. The s-i-l is having her tires rotated at the same time, so at least I will have someone to talk to while I wait for my wives truck to get done. Tonight we are going to head north and visit my sister in the rehab center. She is bummed that she has to stay another week and will miss Easter with her family. I am going to give her my basket of eggs.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: stay safe especially if you are traveling.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12082 on: Mar 30, 2018, 07:10 AM »
Morning all,

WS......sorry to hear your sister's feeling down  :(  bet those pretty eggs will bring a smile to her face tho  ;)

Eddie.....congrats to your son, that's awesome  :thumbsup: :clap:  like father like son  :bow:

IW......all this rain, warm temps & wind won't be doing your ice any good  :nono:  but it WILL be nice to finally get rid of winter  :woot:

IFF....what happened to all the 70s you were pestered by all winter  ???

Took a ride yesterday to Salmon River Fish hatchery and watched them stripping steelhead  :)  some beautiful fish for sure  :thumbsup:  sure would have liked to drop a line in the creek where they were stacked up  :whistle:  talk about shooting fish in a barrel  :roflmao:

Have a great Good Friday whatever you're up to. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12083 on: Mar 30, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Good morning everyone a pleasant Good Friday to all also a blessed Passover. Fifty and light rain currently high temperatures finally getting more Spring like just in time for start of high school lacrosse  season .
Eddie congratulations to your son Mike on his promotion. I thought the Capital building would be empty with start of holiday weekend and no need for early start time.
Ice Wanderer may be needing a plank to do any more ice fishing. Keep forgetting to ask how is your brother in Florida doing with his recovery.
Whopper Stopper may you have a good visit with your sister hard being away from family during a holiday.
Wallyworld have a good holiday weekend guessing you spending Easter with Mr.WW's relatives.

A good day to all. Best to anyone fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12084 on: Mar 30, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Good Morning ER's
Looks like a carbon copy of yesterday. watch some snow melt.

Jeff, I think so, must be when it melts its at a boiling point ?

WW, that's what I would like to know. See a couple mid 60's, then back into the mid 40's over then next 10 days  :cookoo:

Marv, workouts are going good, maybe I should work on just one at a time until I get over the sore mornings.  but then I might look like that crab....one big claw ??

good day all.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12085 on: Mar 30, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Eddie Congratulations to Mike on the promotion. It sounds like the apple did not fall far from the tree. We still pay the $100 a year for the Gueek Squad on the computers we bought at Best Buy years ago even though we do not use them very much any more. The wife used them quite a bit when she was Sec./Treasurer for the Assn. They can connect to our computers with out taking them into the store. I have lost the ability to copy and paste on my computer so I need to get them to fix that problem.

WS We are guessed to get some of the same for tomorrow. The boss has a long test in the morning before we have the early Thanksgiving. Hopefully it is not too bad on the roads. I hope that in the end your sister realizes that the extra week was the best for her rehab.

It did a lot of electrical work over the years. I wired a huge two story with a full wood basement for a contractor I was working for. I told him he was going to do the breaker pannel. I maked where every wire went. He put it in thannel with out marking where the breakers went. I spent quite a bit of my own time with the home owner figuring out where the circuts went. After I quit working for him when he was about to become the building inspector. About that time I was almost finished with an addition on my house so I called the present inspector about a finall inspection even though it was not complete, no closet doors or floor coverings. He came out and did the final inspection so I did not have to deal with my old boss. The inspector said there is no rule that says you have to have doors on closet of floor coverings on the floors. That was all the build needed to be finished.

In Michigan a home owner can be their own general contractor purchasing the permits. They can hire any one they want to do the work but must pay for any materials. The big time buiders want you to think you can't do it that way. I spent most of one summer straightening out bad jobs done by licenced contractors that had passed inspection by my former boss. If it is a commercial build there needs to be an archetict or or engineer that is the general contractor that draws all permits. You do not need to be licenced to work on the project.

I hope every one has a good week end and a great Easter.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12086 on: Mar 30, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's pulling into the station late again. Congrats to Mike on the promotion Eddie. IFF it's getting closer to game day best of luck with Villanova. I've seen Kansas play a few times this year and Newman didn't even catch my attention. Is this guy a sleeper and can go off anytime at will.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12087 on: Mar 30, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Good Evening

OG I hope your right....should be a good game....to bad one has to lose.

Got an invite to join another boat, heard there was a 34" eye in the spawn nets.  will be a cold start, so will show up with a warm breakfast and coffee.

early pillow time.  Workouts are going good.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12088 on: Mar 31, 2018, 03:21 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 31* and the moon is out here on my hill a nice day is on the menu.
                        Wally.......The ice on LG is starting to go but today should still be good for at least one more trip, unless the temps drop again! :blink:
                        OG.........I haven't followed basketball in years, the last game I watched was when UTEP was in the finial 4. I was going to college
               there. ::)
                        Marv........I'm sure your sister will appreciate the Easter basket. :thumbsup:
                        Bud........I hope your snow is gone by now?
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12089 on: Mar 31, 2018, 04:46 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  33* and breezy here this am, high of 52 today.

Would like to Thank You all for the fine comments concerning my son, and will pass them on to him...what an awesome group here, Thank You Everyone!!   :thumbsup: :bow: 

Jeff..best of luck to you and the crew especially if it's the last outing...hope the lakers and salmon are on fire today!  :thumbsup:  Mike will be running a bridge job soon up your way...Exit 30 I believe.
  Bud..good luck with the Walters this morning and the Jayhawks this evening, looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  OG...how's the deal hunting been going for you lately?
  Steve...have noticed two high schools practicing in the parking lots on my way home, guessing the fields are too waterlogged yet?
  Wally...the hatchery is an awesome place! Amazing how all the fish stack up in that stream before going up the fish ladder.   :thumbsup:
  Marv..best wishes sent to your sister, hope her rehab is going well and you had a nice visit last evening.  :thumbsup:   Maybe have her over for a nice Easter dinner after her discharge?

Read an article yesterday about the opening day of trout season here, April 1st, and falling on Easter Sunday. It mentioned it's the first time that has happened since 1956.
  With the recent warm weather and snow melt, the trout streams here have gone from perfect to swift and dirty over the last two days. Not sure if I'll be an April fool or not yet with tomorrows opener...but I've got the itch!   ;D
  Will be helping the Mrs. with Easter Eggs today and getting things in order for tomorrows dinner, other than that, a pretty easy day on the agenda.
  Cawfee's on...

Who's On Iceshanty
 Guests: 157
 Hidden: 0
 Users: 13

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.