Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1647902 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11520 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:01 AM »
Good morning ER's, a 30* morning here on the front range.  Haven't been over to my home lake, wouldn't surprise me that with the wind what was cranked up it busted up more of what the ice cap was.  Pretty sad, could be the shortest ice season on these front range lakes, I've ever seen, of two weeks ??

I will be at work 12-8 today,  covering the other week day associate, so no tourney fishing for me.  With the weather pattern, thinking it just might be that the big high country lake(s) do not make as much ice this year.   :unsure: :unsure:  Oh well maybe it will turn out to be a better open water season

Hope everyone with the sniffles get over them, and any other health issues.

Make your day a good one all.
Bud

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #11521 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Morning everyone!  Finally got a whitefish on a lake I could never get them!  Micah usually brings home 1 or 2 when we go there.  I think it actually caught itself since right before I felt weight on the line my Marcum decided to jump off the top of the propane tank and fall right into a hole!  Good thing it was an 8 in hole!  Anyway we were getting everything set back up (transducer out of water) and I started reeling and there was a fish there.  Pulled it up and it was a whitey.  Had sucked the whole BIG treble into it's mouth.  Had 2 UV eggs on a BIG slender spoon.  Not sure if it was sitting on the bottom and it sucked it up or if I just had it suspended, haha!  Yay!  Micah got the boobie prize herring.  Got to use my new IonX for the first time!  That thing is AWESOME!!!!  There was about 18-20 inches of ice.  Wouldn't have done much hole hopping with the hand auger!!  Bonus I didn't have to spend a dime for it!!  It pays to enter drawings, raffles on Facebook!  Micah said he might buy the 10 inch bit for it!!    Still love my hand auger for ice up to 8 inches!!

I've been following everyone's posts too!  Like to keep track of my IS family!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11522 on: Jan 27, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to the weekend!!   
  Clear skies and 19* on the Hill this am, high of 46 here today.

Mindy...congrats on your first whitefish out of that lake and winning the Ion auger, wow, thats fantastic!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope Timber is doing well, best of luck if fishing again this weekend!
  Bud..crossing fingers for you that February's weather will let you walk on water again!   :thumbsup:
  H2...imagine the reservoir will be hopping today with the nicer weather. I haven't been seeing too many deer again lately on my way into work for some reason, strange.
  Wally...best wishes on shaking that bug soon, hope you're both feeling a bit better today!  :thumbsup:
  I-45...hoping you're feeling some relief with your back problems today as well Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..did you get that bush pile out of the way yesterday? Glad those toddy's are helping, even if In a small way!  :thumbsup: :roflmao:
  Mr.Ninja...hope thos JawJackers were snapping good for you yesterday, looking forward to your report!  :

Thank You all for the well wishes concerning my Mom, very much appreciated! It will be a slow and steady recovery for sure. Yesterday was a pretty good day for her, the physical therapist was by and her up and walking a short distance twice.
  I might take a short trip to the local lake this morning for a couple hours, have a bunch of things on the planner for the day today and will be at the hospital covering the dinner shift with my mom.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11523 on: Jan 27, 2018, 04:32 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 20* here on my hill and clear as well, suppose to hit 40* today.
                      Eddie.......I'm glad to hear that your mother had a good day, the sooner they get people up and about
             is for an fast recovery from that kind of injury. :clap:
                      Mindy.......Congrats on the whitefish! :thumbsup:
                      Marv........I know that sometimes you feel good and getting back to doing things is always first on a list
             but don't over do it and reinjure your back!
                      Bud.........Is there any cold in your forecast so your lakes will freeze again? ???
                      D/N.........My friend Jon uses Jawjackers and likes them, he says he has more hook sets with them.
                      Yesterday was a slow Laker day, I only caught two shorts. Today MW and his two brothers and families
             are all hitting the lake, good luck to them all.
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11524 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:13 AM »
G’morning all!  Happy Saturday!  :thumbsup:  Yesterday’s fishing was awesome with the fantastic weather and the walleyes cooperating!  My fishing partner for the day and I landed two walleyes each along with the usual mix of perch, gills and crappies.  Three were in the 20” range with the runt being about 17”.  The funny part is that we put our shanties right next to each other on the same spot that I caught the two last Saturday so we could talk to each other without yelling across the ice.  I don’t know what it is about that spot, but it’s marked in my phone’s GPS now!  I also had an ice fishing first-time yesterday.  I caught a 16” red horse sucker!  I’ve never caught one through the ice before and was like...what the H?  lol  I guess you just never know what might come up through that hole!  I never got the JawJackers out yesterday as it was all we could do to keep up with our lines in the shacks. 

Not sure about fishing today.  The lake was getting sloppy on top by mid afternoon yesterday and rain’s rolling in this morning with temps still in the lower forties.  If I go, it’ll be a no shanty/pack light kind of day.  All of our snow is now gone so dragging the sled to the ice is a bit of a chore for me.  No need for an auger since all of yesterday’s holes are still open.

Thanks for dropping in Mindy and congrats on the ION!  Wow, you lucky devil!  I hope WS and WW are feeling better today.  Glad the car repair turned out well h2l.  Good luck to mealworm and crew and Eddie hitting the ice today!  I hope everyone has a safe and fun Saturday whatever is on the agenda!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11525 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:37 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it's going to be almost 50° here today. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the ice today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11526 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all with the crud bug are getting better. Eddie nice of you to watch over ma. One more day of warm weather here then back to normal temps. Bud nice find on that lid and putting it on by yourself. Have a good start to the weekend. YG congrats on the fish and winning the ion. I put a new canvas on my flipover looks good, just got to decide what to do with extra hanging over the sled (kozy style) maybe make a pouch.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11527 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:53 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

A slow start this morning, seems the toddy's went down extra well last night :whistle:

Eddie all the best in your days activities, I can only imagine what you all have on your plate. A bunch of 9:45's pulling for your Mom and family during this set back :thumbsup:

WW hope you guys are kicking the grip.

Congrats on the whitefish Yooper :clap:

IW sorry to hear about your "shorts" :woot: Hope your next outting gets you back on the bigger ones.

Good luck today MW :thumbsup:

h2l good news on the fix :thumbsup:

I am now running late because of my anti coughing stupor. The brush pile burning went fine.  It was by no means a big pile it was about gone in an hour.

We are heading to the shack in a bit. Time to check things out and then look over a couple of lakes I am thinking about for next week.

Best of luck no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11528 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......so glad to hear your Mom's been up and around already  :thumbsup:  she sounds like a strong woman  :flex:  good luck on the ice & have a nice dinner with Mom  :)  hope the vacationers are having fun  :woot:

WS.....good to know those toddies are helping you get your rest  :roflmao: hope all is well at the shack and you find some good looking prospects for next week   :icefish:

YG....congrats on the whitefish & the auger  :thumbsup:

DN....congrats to you as well sir  :clap: sounds like it was a great day with perfect conditions, doesn't get much better than that  ;)

IW....hope the next outing finds you on some bigger fish  ;)  had to be a nice day out there none the less  @)

H2L....how's the back coming along  ???

IF45.....any luck getting that appointment yet  ???

IFF.....with conditions being what they are out there, sounds like an 8 hour shift at work is the better bet  ;D  we've had years like that also where the local lakes just never quite hit the "safe zone"  :(  leaves more fish around for open water  ;)2

MrC.....house cleaning detail today or fishing  ???

OG.....a pouch sounds like a good idea, never can have too much storage space  :woot:

Another sunny start to the day.....should get to the upper 40s with rain starting late afternoon  ::)  wishing we could get feeling better so days like yesterday & today could be spent on the ice somewhere instead of being home downing meds  :-\  did venture out yesterday and feed my birds, they thought I'd abandoned them  :whistle: big day planned for today....need to head to the store to restock on oj and theraflu  ;D

Have a great Saturday whatever you have going on. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11529 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers low thirties and sunny may reach fifty later today.
Old Goat enjoy the refurbished flip over .
IFF is the contest still on given the warm weather your area has had last few days. Sorry to hear about police officer.
Ice Wanderer any community store where you could post notice about lost auger. May your son's and their families have a good day on the lake. Assume Mealworm's daughter is in pursuit of a lake equal in size to her salmon.
Eddie happy to read son & DIL arrived safely  and you move has started PT already . Nice you are close enough to have dinner with her at hospital.
Deal Ninja congratulations to your friend and you on the walleyes. May the spot you found continue to produce for remainder of season.
Whopper Stopper safe trip to the "shack" and good scouting of the lakes.
Wallyworld happy to see your keeping sense of humor through illness. May you and Mr.WW feel well enough to fish next week.
Yoopergirl congratulations on the white fish and winning Facebook drawing. Remember to bring auger extension and save strain on your back and knees .

Have a safe and good Saturday everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11530 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:20 AM »
G.M. er's Steve yeah, its a 3 day, 3 lake affair, Shadow, Grand, and Granby, lakes.  Will have to check and see if the first days results are posted.

Will leave in a bit to see what gives if anything on the home water.  :unsure:  will check in later.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11531 on: Jan 27, 2018, 11:24 AM »

Happy noon time ER's,
                              Steve.......There isn't any store within 10 miles of where I think it came off but I will put a flier
                    in a couple of them.
                              Say ER's do you want to see a very Happy Grandson:

IW

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11532 on: Jan 27, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Looks like a chip off the old block! :clap: :clap: :clap:

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11533 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:36 PM »
That's what I'm talking about...CONGRATULATION S young man!!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11534 on: Jan 27, 2018, 01:59 PM »
That's a dandy! Congratulations !

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11535 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:05 PM »
Congrats, nice fish...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #11536 on: Jan 27, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Not only did he catch a bunch of Lakers he caught himself a girlfriend

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11537 on: Jan 27, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Good afternoon early risers ,wally world forgot to answer your question earlier spent a few hours going through more items at the house my sister and nephew came up to help.
Ice wanderer did not realize how rural your section of the ADK's was ,just a thought have you contacted Fish307 to see if anyone one inquired about selling or repairing an Ion auger. Might need some work after falling from ATV in truck bed.
Mealworm congratulations to your son.  :thumbsup: :clap: Going by your photos of your son and his new friend looks like some of lake George did a quick freeze. Guess there were several families out today enjoying the nice weather for fishing.

IFF thank you for info. on contest.

Have a nice evening folks.
Steve

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11538 on: Jan 27, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Not only did he catch a bunch of Lakers he caught himself a girlfriend.

Oh boy...well, she can’t be all that bad.  She ventured onto the ice and kept him company while he fished!  He could do worse for sure. lol

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11539 on: Jan 27, 2018, 04:48 PM »
If he could only buy a lottery ticket for tonight, the stars have aligned  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11540 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Going to quick tonight

Evening, Folks

My turn with the 'bug', body sore all over, starting the cough, headache, blah feeling, I just hope that my bronchitis doesn't kick in, it's been a few years, here's hoping

M.W. - A double score for your son, nice - how did Danielle do?

I.W. - Sorry to hear about the Auger

I can feel a coughing jag coming on - Bye
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11541 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:20 PM »
MW....congrats to your son, that's a beauty 👍🏻

CapJ....so sorry to hear you got the bug too😞  Lots of rest and fluids and rest 😉 And did I mention rest?? 😁

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11542 on: Jan 27, 2018, 10:37 PM »
Good Evening Well the trip to home lake as a bust, where I fished last week was all open water, and only a small bit of ice some were on where the depth is only 5 or 6 feet.

Will give the other lake a try.  its about 1 and a half hike back to a cove that might still have a little fishable ice.

Nice seeing the pictures of the ice time NW

Capt.Jim hope the bug moves on....quickly.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11543 on: Jan 28, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light winds and 40* this am, high of 42 expected here today. Had some light rain come through during the night, but that has passed.
  Just a quick hello as I'm heading out shortly to Cooperstown again to try and coax a few Lakers after seeing the pictures Jeff and MW shared...not looking to catch a girlfriend, but hey, you never know what the heck will happen out there on the ice!!   ;D.   Never did get a chance to wet a line yesterday.
Great pictures guys, thanks for sharing them with us!   :clap: :thumbsup:
Will catch up to you all a little later on this afternoon...cawfee's on!

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11544 on: Jan 28, 2018, 05:09 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Good morning ER's,
                      It's 38* here on my hill, with sunny skies and a high of 43* in the forecast.
                      Eddie........Good luck over in Cooperstown on those Lakers. :flex:
                      Capt. Jim.......Tamiflu and rest for you to rid the bug! :sick:
                      Bud........That's to bad that your home lake is open again, good luck on you hike! :thumbsup:
                      Yesterday our part time neighbors wanted to venture down to a hotel on Lake George for a winterfeast event,
            the place was packed with people but was fun, they had s'mores, and there were all kinds of wines, IPA's and foods
            that one could sample. It started to rain around 4 pm and when we got home our driveways were nothing more than
            a sheet of ice. I had to put on my ice fish boots with the ice cleats to fill my boiler. So today will be sanding around
            my place. ::)
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing and for those that are sick I hope you all
            recover quickly!

IW

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #11545 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:09 AM »
Good morning ers! AndThanks everyone we all had a blast yesterday. I can't believe how good of an angler my son is. He just has a natural ability to catch fish. Hes 1 of those guys that will catch fish when no one else can. 
Good luck to all those fishing how everyone that's ill feels better soon. Headed out for some perch and pike with the kids. have a great day all!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11546 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:28 AM »
Good Morning, Thanks Jeff, I think today it will be the stroller, to carry the gear.  Had thoughts of taking the bike but think I will spare the lungs, and just take a leiasurely stroll, hope the report is correct and that cove has ice worth fishing on albeit, catching has been slow or not at all.

Question, this years ice on lakes you fish often, has this year been equal to pass years ?  More or Less ?
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11547 on: Jan 28, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Good morning everyone, Another warm day, suppose to be in the 50s today. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one to those on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11548 on: Jan 28, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Good Morning All  :bow:

Good luck on the ice today MW! Hope we get more pictures :clap: :clap:

IW sounds like a good time with the part timers :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you have luck on the ice today. Make sure and snap pictures no matter what you catch  :whistle: :roflmao:

WW hope the recovery keeps on coming, we need you two back on the ice soon :thumbsup:

Bud hope you get on some fish today, stay safe and take your time :thumbsup:

I struck out yesterday on the lakes I checked out. There were two lakes in particular that I was interested in because they hold decent numbers and due to access are low pressure. Unfortunately both have current and even with our cold spell have open water where you get on.  I will be checking out another one today and my plan is Tuesday and Wednesday getting out some place before I go crazy sitting around :cookoo:.

Good luck to everyone today no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: As always, stay safe!

WS

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11549 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:07 AM »
Good morning everyone.
Unfortunately I had a a job on Friday and Saturday that I've been putting off. Maybe ruined maybe my last chance to ice fish. Hopefully it will tighten back up in February.
DN you almost made me cancel the thingy but my wife might have killed me. I'm glad you had a enjoyable day and iced a couple of eaters. I wonder where the red horse came from? Interesting catch. I caught a 18" carp at Pymy fishing for eyes once,hit a pimple with a minnow head. lol
I brought home about 10 dozen shiners last week only to find that the aerator tube came out of the water plus they iced over in my garage,so they all died. So I salted them, under the right conditions they work just as good as a live minnow sometimes.
I'm hoping Erie weather is a little colder than it is here, I'm itching to fish the town side in deep water,there still doing good on perch,and picking up some steelhead too.  My charter captain buddy caught a 27" and 25" eye on Friday in the channel along with a nice limit of 30 perch. Looks like I messed up and should have fished Friday. lol
I'm making pot of chowder today for lunch baby red potatoes,garden frozen corn, the last leeks from the garden,a bag of gills and some raw jumbo shrimp, butter and flour and some half and half and milk.
Doing a marinated deer loin on the barbie today and wife's making the sides,my two children are coming over for dinner.
Congrats to all the guys and gals that had a good day on the ice. Be safe if your venturing on shaky ice.
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.