Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650097 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11580 on: Jan 30, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Things got scary on Saginaw Bay yesterday. The strong wind out of the NE coming across the open water of Lake Huron started moving the ice in the bay. It stacked up huge pieces of ice at cracks on the bay. One guy reported he moved 400 feet according to his GPS. The wind is guessed to swing around 180* so it will open the cracks making things more dangerous. Add to that a skim of ice with colder weather will make thing really dangerous if it get a little snow on it. Maybe Marv can link the thread over here as it has some pictures on it. It is titled "Ice Moving" Marv. I am too computer illiterate or I would link it.

Marv I hope the trail to the lake your S-I-L found leads to some great fish. Around my old place most roads that dead end into a lake have been kept open for public access, thankfully.

IF 45. I was taking about seeing an Osteopathic doctor. They have about the same training in manipulating the spine as a Chiropractor. You should be able to into a DO by your self with out a referral.

IFF That is normal for a Siamese cat to be standoffish. My mom had two over the years. The first was a finicky eater. My mom had to go to a slaughter house to get kidneys about the only food it would eat. The second one that her grand daughter thought she needed was mean. So mean that we had to have it put down when mom passed as no one could handle it even mom some times.

If you ever decide to come way to Michigan to fish any of the places we discussed earlier, do it in the summer as the ice can get dangerous real fast with winds. Long way to haul a boat but much safer. It is a long walk to the good fishing on the ice. A lot of the guys haul planks to get over the cracks in the ice. I have never even thought of fishing any of the places on the ice.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11581 on: Jan 30, 2018, 02:10 PM »
Afternoon, All

My sinuses finally cleared to the point that I can breathe thru my nose now, never had the 'rainbow colored snot', so the infection never really set in good, but, like Mrs. W.W.
     said, the cough refuses to leave, and, of course, with the bronchitis, I have to do the 'pillow bear hug' whenever I have to cough, which could be  up to a minute, with reflex
     action,not good because when it is all said & done, IT HURTS, just means more toddys, I slept with a jar of VICK'S Vaporub almost taped to my nose last night, slept good for
     once

I.W. - Glad to hear that the auger found it's way home, sane some bumps & bruises, maybe do an outfit with a GPS tracker? ;D

Time for a 'toddy', Be back later

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11582 on: Jan 30, 2018, 08:11 PM »
Good Evening, WW well its not actually a stray cat, Has its owners on a tag, as well as the electronic tracking devise.  The owners told us he does not being in the house and raises cane till they let him out.

Steve we always bring the bird seed and the cat food in at sundown, that we put out on the deck.

Hope Marv's trip to the near private lake was a successful outing.

Capt-Jim sorry to hear you haven't beat the ills that have been going around, Nice to get some sleep, know that sure helps in the healing.

Tom, That would be the way to go, open waters first on those waters.  Not to my liking to have to go to such measures to get on and off ice.

Got a call from a local, he's as disappointed as I am with the lack of good ice here to fish on.

Some how January 30th 11:30 PM and the temp is 54* just doesn't seem right for Colorado, Orlando Florida maybe  :cookoo: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11583 on: Jan 31, 2018, 01:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Windy and 15* with some snow flurries this am, high of 29 today. We had some snow in the area yesterday, not much for accumulation, maybe an inch or so.

Bud..it sure has been a crazy winter out there in the Mile High City for you. Any thoughts of hitting some of the higher elevation lakes?
  Capt.Jim...glad you're seeing some relief from that bug! Heard yesterday on the news 12 states or better had closed down schools due to so many teachers/students being ill...
  Tom..that had to be a scarey ride for that ice fisherman, crazy! Did you ever put your shanty up for sale?
  Steve..some of those old Hot Wheels cars are very collectible, especially if they have the original boxes... :thumbsup:
  Wally..glad to hear Mr.WW is almost 100%, hope you are not too far behind now...best wishes getting over the coughing hurdle! Hope you're well enough to make the trip to Mass this weekend!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...best wishes to you also with the Dr., hope they can get you in soon!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...how was the fishing yesterday? Looking forward to your report!    :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hoping the auger performed well yesterday, that was some great news/price on the replacement handle, awesome!   :thumbsup:  Hope the bite was on for you and Jon as well....

Starting at 4 again today, some type of event going on later this morning very close to the area we're working on.
  My son and DIL are doing well and enjoying their trip...are now in England visiting some of her family members.
  Running out of time again, will check in to see how you're all doing on break.....cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11584 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:07 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                   It's 6* here on my hill and that moon is a nice sight, we had an inch of snow over night!
                   Eddie.......I'm glad to hear that your son and DIL are doing well on their trip. It's nice that we can visit people
           of or roots, has she met them before? ???
           My auger did OK but I had to get new blades, it didn't cut that great, and when I picked it up from the guy who found it
           stood it up on the blades in the sand of his driveway. I cringed a little and didn't say anything, I was just happy to get back!
                   Wally.......I'm glad to hear that you and the Mr. are getting better, MW still has a lingering cough but is less and less
           every day. :flex:
                   I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day, either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11585 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Eddie,IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

+ 30 by noon and -5 by late afternoon, with temps staying -0 for the entire weekend :cookoo:

Bud did you find your knife ??? I also have had a couple of nice Old Timers .

This is the one I carry everyday, it's a little tired. It's getting hard to find the ones made in USA, I got mine off Ebay.

IW glad the auger worked OK, ouch on the blades :%$#!: Do you usually have a guard on it or did it come off when the auger flew off? I have a cold snap  and really like it http://www.coldsnapcover.com/

Eddie glad the kids are doing ok on the trip, Hope "Hump" day goes well Sir!

WW hope you are a step closer to losing the cough. I bet your stomach muscles are too :%$#!:

Yesterdays outing wasn't a failure but the wind made it very trying. I did notice a couple of fish houses but for the most part was all alone. I was set up off a deep hole in 10.6 feet of water. I had taken the camera with instead of the lx7, the bottom was littered with stunted panfish

Last year I had seen lots of big bass, not the case yesterday. I did end up with 6 crappies all about the same size

I also missed 2 pike with a small Ripping Rap. Not sure what that was all about but I had the one on for awhile before it came off. It was big enough to bend my rod over and make the drag squeal, dang it anyway :%$#!:

I am planning on heading out there again this morning before the mighty cold front rolls in. I am guessing the rest of the week will be stuffing the stove.

Best of luck to everyone hitting the ice :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11586 on: Jan 31, 2018, 06:41 AM »
Morning all,

WS....glad you were able to get on some fish  :clap:  good idea to hit it again before the arctic air settles back in  :%$#!:

IFF.....that is some crazy warm weather for the end of Jan  ::)  better think about getting the boat ready soon  ;)

IW.....apparently the ion finder didn't really know what he found huh  ???  not an ice fisherman I assume

Eddie....fishing after work today sir  ???  I've noticed it's beginning to stay light quite a bit later in the evening again  :thumbsup:

CapJ.....you sir are quite right, "it HURTS"  :woot:  hope those toddies have you feeling better today  ;D

TT.....that's some scary stuff  :o  people underestimate what effect open water can have on the ice when the wind blows  :-\

Another night sleeping upright on the couch  :%$#!:  Decided it's best to miss the party this weekend and shoot for a visit next weekend  :(

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11587 on: Jan 31, 2018, 06:45 AM »
One of the guys flew along the shore of Saginaw Bay yesterday taking video yesterday. The first crack out from shore was wide and stretched for miles. The night that the wind hit destroying the ice a couple guys drove there snow mobiles for  miles before they could get off the ice a long way from their truck. Luckily some one gave one of them a ride to bring there truck to pick up there sleds and equipment. There are some pictures of some of the ice piles in the Michigan forum on IS.

I had told one guy that I was interested in selling my shanty. I had changed my mind and have decided to keep it when he called back about it. Hopefully I can get my strength built back up so I can get out with it. I am looking for a Total Gym as I have used one before to get my legs built back up before. I sold the one I had because I was not using it that much :cookoo: :cookoo:

Above freezing today and back to the deep freeze for the weekend and beyond.

IW It is great to here your auger found it's way home. A new handle and replacing the blades are a lot better than having to replace it. I think that I am going to put my name on all of my tackle boxes and equipment so if it get lost it can find it's way back home. It is ridiculous how many posts there on another site about stuff lost on the ice. This includes shanty's lost out of trucks. I guess they were never in Boy Scouts so they do not know how to tie some thing down.

I have an Old Timer around some where. Along with a lot of other knifes. I need to put all of the knifes in the ammo box that I have my collection of Mora knives in so I can find them when I want them.

WS That is a nice size crappie. It will not take many filets off that size speck to fill a 10 inch fry pan. I love my camera to see what size fish are down there. I have saved losing jigs to pike with 2 lb. test by being able to take the jigs away from them. The year we had the winter kill the water was filled with dink gills. 

I hope everyone gets over the crud that has been keeping you under the weather pretty soon.
I need to get moving as the wife has an appointment in the city to get both of her knees injected this morning. Tomorrow is another day on the road. A Senior Center meeting first then to the city to have lunch with her cousin and his wife for lunch.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11588 on: Jan 31, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Marv...OMG I see we have a lot in common, Ice fishing, no surprise, there, Old timer pocket knife, looks like the same kitchen counter top, Sure would like to ice a hard to get to water that only way in was to get permission to enter Camp McCoy and fish some flooded water from a cranberry bog, that boarders the Military grounds. Really doubt anyone ever fishes there except maybe the base commander.  Back then the order was if catching a small mouth bass 6# or over it was to go back or we would be lashed to the artillery targets.  :nono: :nono:

wasn't where I thought it would be, but see it in the middle of the street about a block and a half from where I parked.  To me it was like it was waving to me I was driving slow, no traffic and could turn on hazzard lights, get out and pick it up.

Eddie sure enough on hitting a high lake.  2/10 is a tourney out at Blue Mesa, I plan on going to, more just to socialize with some forum members than expecting to be competing.

Tom I see what you mean about the risks on Saginaw Bay's ice.  Sure not for me.

WW, right on get the boat ready, but if I don't get rid of that pesky Russian Olive tree, the boat won't be going anywhere. I just need to get my get up and go, up and going.

Good day all,
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11589 on: Jan 31, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Good morning everyone,  I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11590 on: Jan 31, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Evening, Folks

The 'ostrich' who tries to let us know what tomorrow is going to like, says clouds, drizzle, maybe going to light snow, temps. up & down

First things first - 'Toddy Recipe' - 2-16 oz. coffee mugs, 1-jigger or shot glass, 1-measuring device to give a 3-4 oz. liq. measure, 1-bottle of honey, 1-bottle of bourbon of choice,
     or, if using 'rock n' rye', no honey , 2 tea bags, 1-'water whistler' teapot
     Let 'water whistler' start cooking - into 1 coffee mug pour 1 jigger of honey & 4oz. of bourbon, if using R n' R, no honey, it will be too sweet, when water boils, add to 2 cup with
     the 2 teabags, quick swish with the spoon, remove the teabags (don't want them soaking up the flavor of the Bourbon), transfer to cup #1, quick swish to melt the honey,
     enjoy, repeat as required till bedtime or time for a nap,  ;D

W.S. - Those crappies would be slabs here , nice looking fish

T.T. - Safe Travels on the road tomorrow in the city

Mrs. W.W. - The couch might not be the most comfortable position for sleeping, but, if it allows for more than the conditions allow, 'do what you have to do', Feel better

Mason - 6:30 news said that all 49 states were in 'crisis' mode, Hawaii was the only safe spot, no ice fishing there - How is Ryan doing?

Have Fun-Be Safe-Stay Warm-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11591 on: Feb 01, 2018, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning ER's I'll put on the coffee today. The breakfast cost 1 giant chubby darter. WS stay safe this weekend with all the people and the super bowl in MN. Flu will spread to many.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11592 on: Feb 01, 2018, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning OG, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to February!
  Cloudy and 26* on the Hill, high of 39 here today...would have been a good day to play hooky today!   :icefish:

OG..thanks for the cawfee... ;D. How's the fishing been for you? Giant chubby darter....are you targeting Pike now?  :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim..thanks for the toddy recipe! Two of those will surely take the edge off... ;D :thumbsup:  That's incredible with all the states in crisis mode, wow! Baby Ryan continues to improve, last checkup found him 2lbs. to the plus! My brother sent me a picture of him sleeping...he's got a smile that's ear to ear. He said he does it all the time and it's not from gas, believes he is playing with the Angels everytime he goes night night... :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope your day went well yesterday, and best wishes for a good one today!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...that's great news on finding your old knife, awesome! Wonder how the heck it found its way so far from the parking area? No matter...glad it's back where it belongs! Best of luck on Blue Mesa!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...put a big smile on my face reading your post...glad you didn't sell your shanty and are going to get back out there, that's great!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Have a safe trip to and from the city today.
  Wally..sorry to read your going to miss the B'Day party this weekend, but very understandable. Hope today brings better results with that nasty bug! Was thinking about getting out on the ice yesterday after work, but I was just plain whooped from the last few days..today I might try it though....get well soon!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..great job on the crappies, some beauty's!!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope yesterday's trip was a good one for you as well. Some real cold weather moving in again for you...maybe try Capt.54's chowder recipe with those crappie fillets while stuffing the stove? 
  Jeff...unfortunate with the blades, assuming the cover must have flew off after hitting the ground...hope the new ones brought it back to life!  Best of luck if your battling the lakers today!   :thumbsup:

Yesterday's event at the job site was another graduating class of 200 plus NYS Troopers! Had a chance to speak to a few very briefly and congratulated them, thanked them for their service....some very proud men/women.   :clap:
  My Mom was released from the hospital after being evaluated, and was allowed to return back to the Alzheimer's facility where she will do her PT there twice a day. This was a small blessing in disguise as she is familiar with the staff and setting there rather than being in a new and confusing place for the next few weeks....so we're thankful for that.
  Cawfee's on OG, but it looks like some apple strudel under the dome this morning. help yourself!   ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11593 on: Feb 01, 2018, 05:04 AM »

Good morning OG, Eddie ER's,
                        It's 23* and cloudy here on my hill, lite snow then lite rain is in the forecast!
                        This will be the 3rd try posting this morning, I guess Gremlins are plaguing my computer today! :%$#!:
                        Eddie.......I'm glad to hear that your mother has recovered enough to return to more familiar surroundings!
                My auger performed like new with the new blades! :clap:
                        Wally.......It's a smart choice to miss the party, not only there is a risk that you might have a relapse but there would
                be the possibility to pass something on. ::)
                        Bud.......It's good to hear that you found your knife. I use to carry a knife in my front pocket and a small crescent wrench
                in my back pocket when I owned a water well drilling company, they were used everyday when on a pump service call! :blink:
                       Tom.......I'm going to take Raquettdackers advice and tag my auger, flasher and tackle box. this was the first time I have
                lost anything like that. I can't imagine loosing a shanty out of a truck. ::)
                       Marv.......Great pictures and good job catching the Crappies. :clap: Too bad loosing the Pike! :%$#!:
                       Yesterday was a slow day for us I caught the striped kitty but jon caught 2 Lakers, here is one!

I'm not fishing today, I have a list of things to do today before my wife goes to her sons tomorrow. It is here granddaughters
                birthday tomorrow and she is taking MW's daughter to surprise her. They have become good friends but don't get to see each
                other that often.
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the hardwater!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11594 on: Feb 01, 2018, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning Eddie Good Morning Everyone :bow:

0 heading to +6 by this afternoon, the winds are kicking making the WC around -25.

Eddie Great news on your Mom and Baby Ryan :thumbsup:

WW sorry the party won't work, hope you will be up for the visit next week :thumbsup:

Good looking recipe! Capt.Jim :thumbsup: I will have to give it a try in preparation for my next cold :woot:

Bud that's funny with the counter top ;D I will have to take a picture of our stove and fridge and see if you have them too :roflmao:

TT I do use the camera quite a bit and like it, I stick with the flasher in deeper water and when fishing walleyes as they seem to be camera shy.

A very sad story from our area. Prayers to the family as they try to cope. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/01/31/boy-dies-snowmobile/

Yesterday was slow on the lake as I ended up  with 1 nice crappie and a 2 pound bass. I saw 3 pike that took a swipe at my jig but none of them made contact and then they lost interest. I probably won't be heading back out until this cold spell passes. I ran into a CO yesterday and he asked if I have had any problems with vandals. He said the area is ruthless because it is so remote and said be prepared, I was warned ??? That sure makes you want to go back :%$#!: Between this and the story about the little boy, it sure makes you question humanity some times :cookoo:

Good Morning IW!

Best of luck no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Above all stay safe.

WS

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11595 on: Feb 01, 2018, 06:04 AM »
Just wanted to stop by and say good morning to everyone. My quote of the day is SPUD,SPUD, SPUD. Falling through is no joke. I have never fallen through until yesterday. Thankfully I was close to shore, had my float bibs on and was able to get out unassisted and get to my truck to get dry/warm. Be safe folks and tight lines.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11596 on: Feb 01, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

Stick......how scary  :o :o  glad you made it out ok  :clap:

WS.....what a sad story  :'(  thoughts & prayers to the little boy's family & friends

TT.....safe travels today sir  ;)

OG.....good coffee  :thumbsup: thanks

Eddie....great news on both your Mom and Ryan  :clap: 

CapJ.....hope the toddies having you feeling better  ;)2

IW.....safe travels to MrsIW tomorrow & a happy birthday to her grand daughter  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11597 on: Feb 01, 2018, 06:57 AM »
30* and falling this morning. Luckily it is staying on the + side of the thermometer. WS Thanks for keeping them fridged  temps for your self. :)

Eddie Those were good things to here from you this moring. It is great to here Ryan is gaining weight and your mom is going to be able to do her therapy in a familiar place.

WS The thievery around here is mostly in the summer A lot of batteries and gas tanks get stole off of boats There are very few permanent shanty on the lake. One year the wife got a report that a marina got hit. I went down to check it out. There was a guy taking the deputy's time up b***hing about losing a 3 week old battery. I told the deputy that I had offered to make a heavy steel strap to be able to lock his battery up and he did not take me up on the offer. The deputy laughed. My battery has one of my straps and my gas tank is chained.

Our lake is shallow and stays pretty clear in the winter so I have never been interested in buying a flasher. They will not plant any more walleyes in the lake any more as all they want is bass. They want every one to kill any pike they caught as the might eat one of their precious bass aka green striped carp.

I hope that snowmobiler gets some well deserved charges thrown at him. How the H did he not see the kid and his dad on the ice. I hope that they do not plead away the charges he needs.

IW At lease both of you did not get the striped kitty. We have few lakes in Michigan that have trout or lakers in them. There at a lot of lakers in Lake Michigan. They have cut back on the salmon plants as the feed base has fallen.

ww and Capt jim I hope you both get rid of the nasty stuff you are suffering from.

Time for some breakfast and get ready for another day on the road. Every one have a good day.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11598 on: Feb 01, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers ,overcast skies forecast for light rain/snow so far our local ice has been holding up to train and temperatures in the forties or higher during midday /afternoon hours.no reports of people having trouble accessing ice because of melted /broken up shorelines.
StickHick86 thanks for the safety reminder glad you got back on to the ice and to your truck.
Capt.Jim hope the coughing has lessened and between the Vick's and your toddies your feeling better.
IFF good to read you found you pocket knife at one time Schrade had it's factory around an hour's drive from me in Ellenville ,NY. Believe the building is still standing think another item from years past TV antenna manufactured their when Channel Master took over the property from Schrade.  Guessing visitor cat's owner may have gottn the cat from a shelter and it spent most of it's early life outside. Smart idea bringing in the food each night.
Eddie good to hear your son-DIL are having a good trip and bay Ryan's health continues to improve with time. Also happy your MOM will be able to due her rehab at place is is familiar with and around folks she knows and not strangers.Good of you to congratulate new troopers.
Ice Wanderer glad auger works like new with replacement blades . Safe travels for your wife and granddaughter to Vermont.
Whopper Stopper very sad story about the young boy prayers said for his family and friends. Congratulations on the crappies.
Wallyworld sorry you will miss grandson's party agree with Ice wanderer's words. May you got over the flu in coming days.
Tom Turkey safe travels for you today. Hope the injections help your wife.
Old Goat didn't you buy enough lures when the local bait shop closed a year or more ago .  ::) :whistle: Guessing you purchased this mornings coffee from Starbucks at price of large Chubby Darter per cup.

A good Thursday to all.  Remember safety practices and good fishing.
Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11599 on: Feb 01, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Good afternoon all IW sounds like the auger will rip ice again. Nice also that your wife is taking MW granddaughter to the granddaughter BD party. Mr. Clean I want the Giant Chubby Darter for Jigging Muskies on the softwater. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before but a hog grabbed my Lindy Darter and the Headshakes were awesome it was free in about 1 or 2 seconds with the darter.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11600 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Good evening, Looks like OG will have some good ice holding weather fora few days.  Worked on limbs from the downed tree, will attack it Sunday with the aid of a former employee, and a rented chipper.  Still have about an 8-9 foot stump to take down and cut up.  With that out of the way, I'm sure there are other things on my list, to get some time spent on.  Like a couple winter projects on the boat.

Steve, think those knifes are now made in china, as are so many other items/brands  ::)

Really sad about the snowmobile,  :%$#!:

Early pillow time for me, 

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11601 on: Feb 02, 2018, 01:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  24* and snow showers with blustery winds this am, 26-35mph out of the WNW, temp dropping and should level out at 18 for the day.

Bud..that's good you'll have some help finishing off that tree job, nice! Still scratching my head with that Colorado weather... :cookoo:
  OG..best of luck hunting down those Giant Chubby Darters! If I remember correctly, one of our members posted a picture of one here, about the length of a dollar bill. Maybe Mr.Ninja could be of assistance.... :thumbsup:
  Steve...glad to hear the ice is holding up well in your area, best of luck if you're drilling holes this weekend!   :thumbsup:
  Tom..hope you had safe travels yesterday! What's the deepest area in your lake?
  Wally/Capt.Jim....hope you both are feeling better this morning, best wishes to you both!    :thumbsup:
  Stick...so glad you were in shallow water and were able to get out quickly, scarey stuff for sure! What lake were you fishing on?
  Marv...that was a real sad story about the 8 year old boy, dang!! As mentioned, I hope justice is served to that guy as well without any reduced charges. Thoughts and prayers sent to the family. That must have been a real eye opener hearing the CO talking about the vandalism going on at the lake...it's pretty darn sad when you have to worry about that kind of crap going on in remote areas.
  Jeff...thanks for sharing the picture, congrats to John, sorry to hear about the striped kitty showing up! Safe travels to your wife today, that's awesome MW's daughter will be going with her to the B'Day party! Glad to hear the new blades cured the cutting problem, excellent! Good luck if you're fishing today!   :thumbsup:

Another 4am start, so will check in to see how you're all doing on break.....cawfee's on!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11602 on: Feb 02, 2018, 05:31 AM »
I was on Chautauqua lake masoneddie
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11603 on: Feb 02, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning. 16 degrees and clear. Six more weeks of Winter. I have been keeping up with your post just haven't taken time to post. Back is still giving me issues. Last night wasn't bad, got some sleep. Don't bowl this week so that may help.

Found out yesterday that a friend died. He was a hunter and a very good trout fishermen. He holds the NYS record for Brook Trout. He also was a pretty good story teller, but aren't we all. We had some great "talks" when he would come into the bait shop. He had a camp near where I deer hunt and would see him 2/3 times a week.

Hope everyone is feeling well...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11604 on: Feb 02, 2018, 06:34 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....my condolences on the loss of your friend  :'(  sounds like quite the outdoorsman. sorry to hear your back is still giving you problems  :(  hope it mends soon

IFF....maybe the 6 more weeks of winter forecast will help the temps in your area  ;D

Stick.....just reading Erie reports this morning & see ice out that way is iffy at best  :o  glad you weren't out in deeper waters

Eddie....those early starts catching up to you yet  ???  sure hope your #s work out in your favor & you can join the "old retired folks club"  :woot:
Yesterday was a beautiful day........sunny & near 50*   :)   spent most of the afternoon outside puttering around the yard just to be out  ;D   opened all the windows in the house for about an hour just to move out the germ laden air trapped inside  :roflmao:  today it's back to winter 18* 25 mph winds & snowing  ::)  some errands to run this morning  then to time play catch up on some neglected chores around the house  :whistle:

Have a great Friday at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11605 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:09 AM »
Good morning everyone, H2L I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.  6 more weeks of winter. Seeing a chiropractor on the 5th. Hoping they can fix my back and won't need surgery. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11606 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Good morning early risers , sunny with blue skies and wind had 27 degrees on my car thermometer at 7:30 AM. Light coating of snow overnight just enough to make roads slick.
Old Goat hope you can find a couple gaint chubby Darters best of luck in your pursuit of muskies.
IFF think you are correct about Schrade cutlery being made in China like so many other products these days. good to hear downed tree is almost cleared from your property.
Eddie best of luck if you plan to fish after work today. How are you holding up with the early start times for work.
Hunts2long condolences on the passing of your friend. May a week with out bowling help your back.
Wallyworld saw your post in makes you grumpy thread sad to hear of school shooting in Los Angeles . Good to see you fell well enough to catch up on the house work. Hope the air out improves your health.
Icefisher-45 glad you finally have an appointment with chiropractor. May the doctor be able to relieve your back problems.
To all still battling the flu may you recover from it's effects in the coming days.

A safe and good Friday to all. Best to all fishing today.
Steve

Offline Ryan Tawfiq

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11607 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Hi everyone.
Yes, I am a pet owner and Trainer.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11608 on: Feb 02, 2018, 12:46 PM »
Good afternoon all. Welcome Ryan a good knowledgeable bunch here. Eddie I already was hip to the post about the chubby's and talked with him and even got a line on where to get them.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11609 on: Feb 02, 2018, 10:39 PM »
Evening all, No icing tomorrow, 10:00 Jawkawk's game on. So that shoots that idea.  Besides that the tree stump almost kicked my butt this morning.  Sure glad there was nothing under the 10' stump when it hit the ground.  It might have rattled the neighbors china when it landed.

Still waiting for word on how the local ice is fairing, as I haven't been by to see for myself.

WW I like that about 6 more weeks of Winter  ;D  Hope everyone is doing well. 

Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.