Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1647865 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11400 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Good Morning. Light snow, the plow just went by. I had a pretty good nights rest last night. Only woke up a couple times. Another day or so and back should be OK.
The ice broke up from up in the river down to about 2/3 hundred yards below the Northville bridge. There won't be any riding that section again this year. Sport Island Pub was lucky it didn't go below their beach. That would have made it hard to get to their place for a beer and lunch on sleds. Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11401 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Icefisher-45 that sounds painful and troubling take care may things improve with rest and medication. I can see surgery possibly in your future.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11402 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Good Morning ER's''

Marv yeah you should have a warm up, with it heading to 50's mid 60's here Thursday - Friday. A warm breakfast and I am off to go exploring.  Hope its in the right spots.

Eddie, way to stick it out on the crappies  :thumbsup: :clap:

Good day to all, with what ever is on your plate.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11403 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Slept in this morning. +3* now. Guessed to get a warm up and some liquid snow this week end. I need to get the little bit of snow we got over the week end cleaned up today. I forgot that it was a long weekend with MLK day. Tomorrow is hump day already if you worked yesterday. How do you figure out hump day with a 4 day work week?

Eddie You need to get set up to fish longer after dark to see if the crappies continue to bite. I always have a hard time calling them crappies as they were called specks here most of my life

Marv I hope you can get your blower straightened out with out interuptions today. What difference would have not getting to the estimate for the tree removel done. Dang demanding people today.

H2L Good to here the back is on the mend. Mending of any, even minute, injury seems to get longer as you age. Been there to many times.

IS just talked to me. I do not know what I did to cause it but I quickly shut it off. I just got it to do it again, I think by clicking on the sponcers at the top of the page. It was reading every thing on the page. LOL Now if there was some place to get spell check to work all of the time. My screwed up hands do not hit where they should all of the time causing me to hit the wrong key or skipping a letter.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11404 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:05 AM »

He is only a 5pt now....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11405 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:41 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....I can understand the heavy salting of roads yesterday, black ice was everywhere pretty much all day  >:(  did a couple slip slide stops ourselves  :o  :o :o hope this weekends warm up doesn't create more ice jam/flooding issues up your way

MW.....hope you get feeling better & back on the go soon  :)  drink lots of fluids  ;)

IF45.....wishing you a speedy recovery also, hope you can rehab w/o the need for surgery  :-\

WS.....hope you can finish up the repair job today  :flex:  got your route planned & gear packed for the warm up yet  ??? :woot: was your replacement Marcum received on time & in better shape  ???

Eddie...congrats on the crappie  :bow: :clap:  sounds like you had a nice little flurry of activity  :)

IFF.....50 & 60s AGAIN  ??? sounds like you'd better get on the ice while there's ice left to get on  :wacko: :%$#!:  the good part of retailers jumping ahead on seasons is the "end of season" sales start LONG before the season's over (hence my post yesterday afternoon)  ;)2 ;D

H2L.....glad to hear you're resting reasonably comfortably  :thumbsup:  that sure helps the healing along  ;)

TT.....apparently you're a day or two ahead of us on the rain.....supposed to be here again Monday along with near 50* temps  :'(  definitely not needed at this point  :nono:  things are slushy enough already in this area  :%$#!:

MrC....we replaced that horrible bench seat with a couple clam bucket seats years ago  ;) 

Thanks for all the  :clap: :thumbsup:  on the new shanty, there is SO much room in it & no more stepping around holes, heaters & fish finders every time you want to go outside  :woot:  the cover & runner kit should be here Thursday then it'll be ready to roll  ;)

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11406 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Good Evening, good evening

Stayed above freezing all day today, we should get rain from this one coming in Wednesday, from the state line north expect 4 - 8 inches, looks like a kind of narrow band, just be
     ready for something

Mason - I wish the contractor would show up more often than he does to the job, I can only satisfy the end customer so much with Q & A, can't read his mind, other than that the
     job goes ok, just a slower go because of poor/sloppy workmanship before I got there, now I have the dubious honor of making it all look good, the rest will be up to the painter
     nice going with the crappies and the late bite

Mrs. W.W. - Good Luck with the new 'house'

45 - OUCH, not fun, here is hoping for no knife

I.F.F. - Good Luck scouting

W.S. - A clogged hole in a tunnel somewhere in the carb. for the blower?

H2L - You too, easy with the back, as we all know 'ain't no fun when it hurts'; at least you know about 1 buck for next year

I.W. - The sooner the better with clearing the ice jam as long as no one gets hurt doing it; if you get snow, local weather from NYC did not show you getting hit hard, just cold
     temps. that I could see, Mr. Clean should see the bulk of it

Thursday thru Tuesday, we are supposed to have above freezing temps., Sunday close to 50*, at this rate, the snow 'mountains' in the parking lots will be gone quick

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11407 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:58 PM »
Good Evening, Thanks Capt-Jim, scouting was about it.  Drilled around 130 5" holes in water from 4' to 50' of water covering an area of the cove (3/4 mile by 400 yards, never found a single perch.  How ever I missed what I figured was a trout, and did stick it to a couple keeper eyes

WW right, they have 10% off things like Power Augers, sleds, Hubs.  Hum the ice I found was at 6" but not high quality but ok to be on.  The further I went wanting to get to the mouth of the cove the thinner it got.  I put the breaks on when it got down to 4"  Just didn't feel light, and could tell another 200 feet it was no doubt it was only skim ice at best.  It didn't have any snow cover on it meaning it had formed over night after the snow yesterday moved out.

Hang in there H2L, think I took some pain away from you.  I got a real work out today, but it was good exercise  ;D

See you all in the Morning

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11408 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Nice pictures Bud! Congrats on the dandy eye! :thumbsup:

The warmup begins today and I am ready. I don’t mind the below zero temps nearly as much as I hate the dang 20-25mph winds that we have had along with the cold :cookoo:

Yesterday I finally spent some time on the snowblower. The tractor is already going on 21 years old so some of the screws and bolts needed some persuading to get them out. I had to start by taking the blower off, and raising the front end to see. Then there were the pieces (hood) that end up taking a long time to get off just because I didn’t know the trick lol.

I really thought I had found the problem when I saw antifreeze by the water pump. Everything that I had read made me cringe at the thought of a tree hack getting in over his head :woot: Just when I was ready to start digging into the the pump and seal, I bumped a hose and noticed green juice come out of it. A 6” hose had sprung a leak and was the cause of 2 sleepless nights :clap: As long as I had to go to the dealer anyway I started checking a couple of other things out. I had a valve cover gasket that had a minor drip, and a bad switch that made the lights not work. By the time all was said and done I had $25 into my tractor repair, making me pretty darn happy :thumbsup:

WW you asked about my replacement LX7......

Overton’s told me it would be delivered within 3 days from when I talked to them, which meant last Thursday. When it didn’t show up I figured Friday and when it hadn’t come by Tuesday I called them. They said everything on their end had been taken care of and any delay was with FedEx. No one gave me a tracking number so I wasn’t sure what was going on. I had already sent my original one back so I was getting antsy. It seemed FedEx had delayed things by 2 days because of bad weather in our area. They were right in that we had received 2” of snow and because of it FedEx trucks weren’t allowed to deliver ??? I never heard of that before but bottom line, yesterday at 3p my new replacement came. Overton’s handled everything great as far I was concerned :thumbsup:

This morning I am off to the hospital lab for an anxiously awaited blood test. Three months ago I had some blood work done only to find out I was high for cholesterol, glucose, and my old buddy BP. It’s been a tough go but with a big change in diet and time on the elliptical, I have a good feeling the numbers will be at better levels. Wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Hope you all have an excellent Wednesday no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11409 on: Jan 17, 2018, 05:22 AM »

Good morning WS, Good morning ER's,
                              It's 21* here on my hill with about 4" of snow to clean up, the town plow just went by so I'm sure the mouth
                 of my driveway has snow in it! ::)
                              Marv.......I'm glad that the fix to your tractor wasn't too involved and not too costly. :clap:
                              Bud.......Nice fish :flex:
                              I45........I hope you can recover without surgery? ???
                              MW is still under the weather, the Mrs. MW made a wood delivery yesterday. The Flu that is going around
                 really puts people down, I'm staying away from him, I don't want the crud! :%$#!:
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11410 on: Jan 17, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Good morning everyone,  snowing here this morning.  Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11411 on: Jan 17, 2018, 06:25 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......beauty of an eye congrats  :bow: :thumbsup: :flex:  good move backing up before finding your self wet  :clap:

WS.....good luck on your numbers, sounds like you've earned some ones  :flex: :thumbsup:

CapJ.....hope the h.o. understands why things are moving a little slow, tough having to follow behind a careless crew  >:(

IW.....don't blame you for keeping your distance, hope the rest of the family stays flu free  ;)

IF45.....hope you're coping ok  :)

A couple inches of fresh snow overnight & still snowing. Looks to be a bit breezy too. Think some beef stew in the crock pot will be on the menu tonight, maybe with cornbread  :thumbsup:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11412 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:06 AM »
22 degrees and light snow. IFF, nice walleye, not much snow on the ice. Thanks for taking some of my pain. It is getting better but slowly.
Lake came up over 3 feet with last weeks rain. It hasn't dropped much since, not sure if they shut the gates to let the Hudson catch up with the run-off or not. Looks like another warm-up this week end.
Out my window I can see one section of Telephone cable "dancing like crazy", ones either side of it are rock solid. Too notice this just may be the FIRST sign of CABIN FEVER setting in. Too post about it may be SECOND sign....lol
I have a wake to go to this afternoon. Mother of a girl I went to school with. They lived 2 houses from me (half a mile). She was 95 and told me last year she was shooting for 100.
Time for the wife to take some pills and her vitals...Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11413 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Morning to the gang.
 It's cold here 3 degrees we got more snow yesterday 3-4 inches. My son and I hit a lake in the afternoon yesterday. one crappie after another,but they where 4-8 " lol  We quit and took a drive at deer time. Went to a spot in a special regulations area that I killed 26  deer with a bow in past years. I haven't hunted the area for 4 or 5 years. I spotted some deer and stopped the truck 6 doe ending up 30 yards from the road then I saw more coming. First ones a big 8 pts followed by a beautiful 10pts followed by a 4pt. They where all chasing a small doe. Second rut is on. Gave me something to think about,the season runs till January 27 bow or flintlock.
Well where all heading up to Erie P.I. on Thursday morning to do some perch fishing. My son and I are getting a motel and saying Friday too.  If the perch don't cooperate,the second day probably fish Misery Bay where crappie,gills and perch congregate in the winter months. It doesn't look good with more warm up coming. My bait is still not here,I'm about ready to cancel,I'm calling them today. I m sure it will show up on Thursday.lol I tried my new Striker suit out yesterday,not bad a little stiff.  Couldn't get my new Marcum to charge up so I disconnected the wires and put the Vexilar charger on it,solved that problem. There's a propane shortage around here. I've only got a new one on the Jiffy pro 4 and 3 for the heater. 3  for the heater in two days? I hope it's enough or somewhere up there has some. Well be safe,I'll report on this adventure later. Have a good day my friends.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11414 on: Jan 17, 2018, 10:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope I-45,H2L and any others ailing get well. Mason good job not giving in to early and getting some crappie. IW nice pic of your ice jam hope it doesn't get to bad. WS hope your #s get right and the snowblower gets running. WW nice new shanty is always a treat. Bud missed the Jayhawk WV game good job taking a 2 to school. Glad you got your walleye to 130 holes did I read that right? I fired up the old toro finally have snow here it ran perfect. Been in MI for a bit Dance Show and met up with IS member Dr. Speckler a quick exchange of gear then off to get lost again. Hope to get out again more now as most work is caught up.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11415 on: Jan 17, 2018, 11:38 AM »
OG You read that right, 6 inches of ice and a lot of them were the Milwaukee M-18 driving a 5 inch new Lazar auger and or the 6 inch K-drill.  9 AH battery.  ;D Which reminds me need to put it on the charger.  Was actually hunting for perch.  Didn't find a one.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11416 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:15 PM »
Bud I dropped down to a 5 this year too went through 3 feet 2 yrs. ago. It is a frabill that takes lazer blades. Wow 130 now that's working for em. Nice effort for sure

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11417 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:30 PM »

Good afternoon ER's,         
                      This was sent to me, out way to town!
                    https://www.facebook.com/jim.thompson.5477/videos/1710601982294000/ 
              Crazy stuff!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11418 on: Jan 17, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Now we know how some places got really chewed up with a quick melting ice age.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11419 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Good afternoon 9:45er looks like the snow has stopped guessing over 5 inches looking out my window. I have to retrieve my SUV from parking lot on other side of highway from my condo complex we have a phone messaging service form property management company asking us to move vehicle so contracted landscape service can plow parking areas.
Wallyworld shelter in your photo appears to be a hub/pop up type why do you need a runner kit and didn't come with a travel/stuff bag and not need to buy separate cover. Enjoy the beef stew and corn bread.
Capt. JIM always fun trying to fix problems caused by others and have customer happy with finished job. Last forecast I saw had my area getting 4 to 8 inches of snow with areas on east side of Hudson river getting 6 to 12 inches.
IFF you did some serious running and gunning in search of the perch . looks like you have a good drill/auger set up with battery power to spare . Congrats on the walleyes .
Whopper Stopper glad it was only a damaged hose on snow blower. Hope blood test showed good levels of glucose,cholestorol and BP.
Ice Wanderer thanks for the video only good thing is it appears a lot of ice and water is able to move under the bridge and is not stuck to one side of bridge. Get well wishes to Mealworm may he not pass the flu on to other family members.
Hunts2long condolences on your neighbors death. Appears GSL/dead sea will be closed to fishing for some time with all the water in flow from recent rain. Happy to read your back is improving.
Capt.54 a good and safe trip to Erie P. I. looking forward to post trip report.
OLD Goat taking a guess your daughter is on her college's dance team/group. what goodies did you get from the good doctor.

Have a pleasant evening folks, hope all removing snow suffer no injuries or equipment problems.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11420 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Evening, Everybody

Rained from about 6 this a.m. to almost 4 p.m., just light snow showers that melted on contact, temps. are falling, 50* on Saturday

I.W. - That video was good viewing on this end, The under structure of that bridge has to be in superb shape to take that kind of stress & strain

Clean - I show up to the job everyday, take my time to make sure all the tiles are aligned & straight, and, I don't play the end customer for stupid, you would be surprised how
     well I get treated just for being nice & taking time to talk to them about the job so they understand what is going on

I.F.F. - Cold water baths are for the summer heat; wallys prevent 'goose eggs'; time to do the 'perch shuffle' to your choice of music

54 - Good Luck @ P.I. - Bow & black powder for winter season is a good reason

Mrs. W.W. - I know the beef stew was great, how the cornbread ?

H2L - Ice fishing keeps 'cabin fever' to a minimum, but you know that already, or bow/black powder

W.S. - Keeping the blood #'s in check makes for a happy doctor, good luck

Got the floor put down in the bathroom today, still need some 'chair rail' tiles so I can finish the last wall in the tub/shower, supposed to be there tomorrow, fingers crossed,
     ice on some of the local ponds that could be fished is 'iffy' now, will inspect on the weekend

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11421 on: Jan 18, 2018, 03:18 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 9* and clear here on my hill with a high in the 20's today.
                        Capt.Jim.......That bridge is taking it's licks, what will happen now after the ice and water recedes they will
                 have to inspect the bridge to see that it is safe for traffic and also the road has to be inspected to see if there aren't
                 any voids. This warm up that is coming will help but there is rain in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday, that could
                 hurt! :%$#!:
                        I45.......I hope you are healing OK! :flex:
                        Marv.....Take advantage of the warm up and get out on the ice. :thumbsup:
                        Wally.....I hope you got all the snow cleaned up ???
                        Steve.....That has to be a pain to have to keep moving your vehicle for the snow removal. ::)
                        h2l.........How's your back?
                        I have to get going, I'm meeting Jon to get out on Lake George today, I'm taking my wheeler so we can
                get out farther and move around easier.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11422 on: Jan 18, 2018, 03:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  8* and just a slight breeze this am, high of 25 expected here today. Looks like milder temps will be moving in tomorrow and going up into the 40's for the weekend!  :thumbsup:
  The gremlins were back at it yesterday morning... :%$#!:

Capt.Jim..glad you didn't get hit hard with the snow, we got 8" here yesterday put of that storm. Wtg keeping the customer in tune with what's going on and the quality work...usually equals repeat customer and great referral.   :thumbsup:
  Steve..any fishing in the plans this weekend with the nicer weather? 5" wasn't too bad, bet it feels good to not have to shovel or snowblow anymore!  :clap:
  Jeff..thanks for the video, the river looks mean! Well wishes sent to MW on quick recovery, that flu sure is a nasty item going around. Best of luck today if chasing the lakers!   :thumbsup:
 Bud..nice job on the walleye, thanks for the pictures, awesome! 130 holes...that's an ice eating machine! 5" Lazer is perfect for those perch...hope you can find them next trip!   :thumbsup:
  OG..I put those new 6" Lazer blades on I got from you...the old drill burns through the ice again!!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.54...have a safe drive and best of luck to you and your son on Erie today! Looking forward to your next report!   :icefish:
  Wally..hope your cover and runners arrive today, can't wait to hear how the new shanty performs! I know the cornbread was good..how was the beef stew?   ;D
  Marv...that was great news on the tractor fix, excellent!! Thanks for sending some of that milder weather East! Taking off today to get on some walleyes? Best of luck with the trip and a safe ride Sir!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...best wishes sent on your back problems, dang! Have a safe day if you're still working! 
  H2...wondering what this warmer weather coming is going to do to the reservoir now, is it still closed?

Well we ended up with 8" of fresh snow yesterday from that storm. Kind of sucks as the local lakes were pretty much glare ice and real simple to pull a loaded sled on. Looks like slushy conditions will be on the menu this weekend. Going to try out some new water this weekend, Otsego Lake right where the Baseball Hall Of Fame is in Cooperstown NY...if conditions are good.
  Thinking a quick trip to the local lake for a few hours after work is possible today, the snow blowing is all done, and the that lake has a late bite....we'll see.
  Well, time to get ready for 8 more.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Morning Jeff...best of luck to you and Jon today, hope you both have a double digit day!   :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11423 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:52 AM »
Good Morning IW,Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Glad you are back Eddie :thumbsup: I couoldn't imagine depending on computers for a living unless you were into fixing them :roflmao: Good luck on the ice this afternoon Sir :thumbsup:!

That was some video IW :cookoo: Hope the fishing goes well for you two today :thumbsup:

I am going to head out in a little while to one of the local lakes looking for some crappies. I am probably done heading north for walleyes for the season and unless I decide on perch will just stay local. Today it should reach almost 40, so just getting out will be fun.

Hope you all have an excellent Thursday no matter what is on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe !

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11424 on: Jan 18, 2018, 05:40 AM »
Morning all,

WS/IW.....good luck to you both today, hope the fishys are hungry  :woot:

Eddie.....hope the late day trip works out well for you again  ;)2

Cap54.....see lots of people getting rescued off Erie lately  :o   be safe & good luck  :icefish:

MrC....the new shanty is what they call a "crossover"....it has a regular sled and seats like a regular flipover shelter with a hub style tent with side doors, best of both worlds  ;D

CapJ.....no wonder you have all the work you can handle, people appreciate honesty & respect along with a good work ethic  :bow: :clap:

Gave my brother a call to see if he was interested in some beef stew......silly question  :roflmao:  apparently both the stew and the cornbread passed the taste test as the were no leftovers to be found at the end of the evening  :woot:  oh yeah, also made an apple crumble for dessert....that too disappeared  ;)2 :clap: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11425 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning Good luck Marv, should be nice out not having to be all bundled up, in sub zero temps. You go North to have solitude ? or ? just better quality eye lakes.  Would think you would have lots of good pannies water close to you.  Only a guessing game if my local ice will stay fishable, for warm water species. 

Sun went down but the temp never got to a freezing temp and more than likely bluebird skies on tap next couple days.  :cookoo: Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of people running around in shorts.  Guess all the perch were in a different cove,  ::) day I got out.  But will take an eater sized eye over a couple border line perch when I can find them.

Having thoughts of playing hooky, on the next 3 hour shift,  :whistle: and consider it the cost, of going fishing an evening.  But would be hard to explain needing to clean a catch, if I was working that evening  ::)   On the other hand, I could put that NIB Ion 6" auger up for sale, as I really don't need it. :-\ 

I better plan on playing plumber today and change out the vanity faucet stems, as a drip every half hour is driving the woman of the house  :cookoo: :cookoo: That and check to see if my social security (welfare check) as some in high places want to call it.  :%$#!: :%$#!: or is it "Entitlement"  ::)

Jeff hope you, and yours, have a real good day out fishing  Well that goes for anyone with, I am not going to say "Safe" ice but rather Fishable ice.

Still coffee in the pot.  Figures all the apple crumble is all gone  :'( WW I was going to ask what you might have in the oven.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11426 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:56 AM »
Good Morning. 6 degrees.
Back is improving. A day or two not chasing the snow blower will help. The last two days it has been twice a day. Haven't gotten a lot of snow but enough to have to clean out the driveway too often. I think I would rather get 12 inches at once, than 7 or 8 over two days.

I haven't heard that the lake is closed. I do know the police advised people to stay off the lake last weekend due to the warm-up and rain. That caused to lake to come up over 3 feet in about 2 days.  That broke up the ice down past the bridge and out into the lake a ways. There are some open spots that haven't re-froze. The edges have to be bad in areas of the lake where the bottom is flat.  Presure ridges had to taken a beating. The lake hasn't gone back down but the water flowing in front of the house has dropped and slowed. They just may have the gates at the dam closed because of issues with ice down stream. Over the years I think some forget what the dam and lake were built for; to control flooding downstream.
  Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11427 on: Jan 18, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Good morning everyone, thank you for the get well wishes from everyone. Not working at the moment. Hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11428 on: Jan 18, 2018, 09:04 AM »
 ;D Good morning everyone. temps close to 40 deg today so gonna hit the ice later on and see if we can find the makings of a good fish fry. First day above freezing in about a week and reports say most of the ice on area ponds is 10-12 in. Gonna leave the hut in the truck and do some hole hopping. Have a great day all. :tipup:
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11429 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:26 AM »
Good morning early risers sunny, calm and blue skies outside currently have to go over to the house and clean/clear snow from roof edges plus bring some items form there back to condo. I cleaned driveway last night with snow blower so still not done with that or shoveling Eddie . You have to clear out around your vehicle and move it so lot can be cleaned some times repeatedly during snow storm like Ice Wanderer said gets to be a pain shovel out by my vehicle yesterday changed clothes only to get phone call landscaper on site please move vehicle so lot can be cleaned. Pros-cons to everything in life.
Iowapackfan welcome back may you catch enough fish for several fish dinners.
Icefisher-45 doing any therapy for your back or just rest at this time.
Capt. Jim you and I work the same way, think game plan in my dept. is leave what you can for Steve. when looking for contractors to renovate condo before my moving had one contractor never sent bid after I had to reschedule his visit to view job site and hear what my sister and I wanted done still feel bad my sister had to use one of her personal days from work so it fit his schedule. If your not interested or very busy tell me that will respect you more then if you waste my time. If I have to chase you to get estimate/bid probably will be hassle getting in touch if I have questions once work starts.
Ice Wanderer have a good day with Jon at Lake George. Hope when they can finally inspect the bridge and roadway no major problems are found It took 4 years to secure funding and rebuild local bridge after it was damaged during Hurricane Irene. Think part of problem was that there are other roads in area that lead to same location as one with bridge so government gives funds to fix damage that is causing major problems first.
Eddie have a safe trip to Cooperstown area and good luck after work tonight. I hope to get out for a few hours this Saturday .
Whopper Stopper hope you have a good "Crappie" day and avoid the skunk.
Wallyworld thank you for the explanation will have to visit Eskimo's website ,smart idea saves you from having to but separate sled to transport gear. Glad everyone enjoyed the stew and corn bread.
IFF think our Government official feel "Entitled to use social security fund when needed to pay for other expenses. May plumbing repair be quick fix.
Hunts2long kind of hard to patrol a lake size of GSL and keep people from getting into trouble hope folks respect advisory and no rescues are needed  at the lake.

Have a good Thursday remember the sunglasses and sunscreen if heading to lakes here in NY./Northeast I can see glare and reflect sunlight coming off of snow mounds in my parking area. No one needs vision problems our a bad sunburn.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.