Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650112 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11370 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Good Morning....Tom I was thinking the same thing about Marv's negative teimp....Wish I had it too !....

Marv, always something to keep you busy.

Tom, when you hit post and see the red warning,  just scroll down, think it lets you see who posted, then back up to your typing and go from there.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11371 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:20 AM »
Good morning everyone was sixty at 5 Pm on Friday now around thirty with 15 Mph or higher winds. so far have not gotten the wintry mix and snow weather guessers predicted will have to see how the day develops.
Capt.Jim think the siding contractor needs to be on job site or hire a bilingual employee his workers are costing him dinero with their mistakes.
IFF congratulations on the walleye ,hope things work out with you potential new fishing partner.
Ice Wanderer seems to be the same everywhere a few people ruin it for the majority with their actions. Hope you are not stuck at home for any lengthy period of time.
Wallyworld you may want to wait until wind stops or storm ends before using snow blower might have to clear/clean driveway twice otherwise.
Captain54 may you get to use the bait before winter has passed for another year.
Whopper Stopper good to hear your ATV is preforming like a new machine. May it just be a damaged hose on the snow blower.
Hunts2long may the flooding not cause you any major head aches. Also hope you feel good enough to bowl on Sunday.
Tom Turkey sounds like you finally found the right doctor to help with wife's medical problem.  :clap: :clap:
Eddie have a good trip if you go to lake with your sons.

Have a good Saturday folks.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11372 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:41 AM »
Morning

Temps. are now dropping back to more seasonable levels, we lost some ice here in Central NJ, I did a drive by at a local county park/watershed lake this morning and the 'unsafe
     ice' sign was posted, from what I could see, the ice was all white, with lots of puddles, maybe with the cold spell coming in, it will tighten up again, will be watching
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11373 on: Jan 13, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Steve, with no snow, we may have to take our babies out.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11374 on: Jan 13, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Good Afternoon  everyone, I hope everyone is having a good day and having tight lines and being safe on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11375 on: Jan 14, 2018, 04:33 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's -1* and clear on my hill, what a difference a day makes.
                              Wally........That's ok you can't control how the weather travels, we too have some flooding. Here where I live
                     we are cut off from our main route to town. The mighty Hudson river has overflowed it banks and is going over the
                     the road in Thurman Station, instead an 8 mile trip to town we now have to go 20 miles. ??? Here is a picture of the
                     Thurman bridge with water going over the road way and with the colder temps the ice jam will probably be here a
                      while!

Steve......Tomorrow I will be out on the ice again. I'm sure today it will be a zoo out there! ::)
                                Eddie.......I hope you and Mike can make it out the next 2 days. :clap:
                                Marv........How is your back, have you been out fishing?
                                H2L..........I've seen the river over there after the ice moves, the Hudson looks the same north of here, my
                       wife commented to me that the ice will probably be around in July, I told her that it melts faster than she thinks! :o
                                Capt. Jim.....If your temps drop enough it won't take long for the ice to stiffen up. :flex:
                                Tom.........Thank you for the colder temps! :thumbsup:
                                I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the hardwater!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11376 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

-8 this morning with -15 windchill. another day of stuffing the stove.

IW what a picture :cookoo: That looks like you will be taking the long way around for awhile :%$#!:

WW did you get all caught up on the snow clean up?

Good luck if getting on the ice Eddie! Hope you are able to spend your day off filling the bucket Sir! :icefish:

h2l hope your back allows you to bowl :thumbsup:

Not much going on here. With the cold weather and wind we have been having it's not hard to stick to the garage. They are saying around Thursday things are going to break and we may get into the 30's, looking forward to that.

Best of luck if hitting the ice or betting on the football games! above all stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11377 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Going to see if there is a morning bite  ;D
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11378 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Single digits for temps this morning. On the ++++ side  :) :). +7. The lake effect snow is still out over the lake. Not complaining about that at all.

IW I can only remember one time that we had what could be a flood. 12 inches of rain over night. They breached a dam on a local lake to keep from losing the power house. Breaching the dam took out three bridges down stream. One was a big bridge on an x-way. I was asked when I stopped at the construction company I was working for if I was going to the dam to fill sand bags. I said no, as I was headed to the cottage I was working on. When I got there I could see a bunch of boats standing on there motors with their bows sticking in the air. All of that rain had filled them enough to sink them stern down. A lot of screwed up boat motors.

I have had plenty of long detours due to snow plugged roads some lasting a week and more. I have some pictures of the one lane road after they opened up one road with loaders. The banks were 12 foot tall. The worst part of being snowed in for a while was that the village fools have to come out to see the snow banks making it dangerous for us in the narrow spots when you could not see down them on a hill.

IFF I have gotten where I just hit post again after losing so many posts. I look after I have posted.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11379 on: Jan 14, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Good morning early risers ,sunny with blue skies and light wind currently have not checked the temperature. The weather cooperated and my sister made the trip here yesterday have to go over to house later and see what she cleaned out  told me I have 5 bags to put out on garbage day. I worked the grave yard shift Friday into Saturday so was sleeping while she cleaned will have to treat he to lunch/dinner next time she visits me.
Capt. Jim shared your job site troubles with my sister like me she wants to know what type of tile costs $30 dollar a square.
IFF looks like your converted stroller works out good for you in light or little snow conditions. Hope you fine the morning bite today.
Whopper Stopper did you look over your snow blower yet. May you not need a new water pump for the tractor.
Ice Wanderer sure you have learned to keep a stock pile of food and other items from living in your area. I think it will be a while before the bridge is cleared and road opened also assume bridge will have to be inspected for damage .
Tom Turkey interesting story case f save the damn cause problems elsewhere like most of life one thing leads to another. Believe IFF is correct and you have some time to post after seeing warning someone else has posted.
Icefisher-45 have you gotten out yet this ice season.

A safe and good Sunday to everyone. Best to all fishing be cautious around shore lines ,inlets/outlets the recent rain may have weakened the ice in these areas.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11380 on: Jan 14, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

20* at present, no wind to speak of, supposed to be going to 27* for the high, lots of sunshine

Clean - $30 dollars a sq. ft.?, I'm sure it is available to people who smoke $100 dollar cigars being lit with $1,000 dollar bills, the standard labor rate for tile setters here at the     
    'Shore' is $5.00/ sq.ft., material is extra, most tilers charge for everything-soap dishes or niches, setting the saddle under the door, that is where it gets expensive, special
     designs with the tile costs also, big time, some of the jobs can get to be expensive, this one I,m doing now, the chair rail tiles being used to picture frame the soap niche
     are $30 bucks a pop for a tile 12" long, and 8 are needed to do the surround, if I read the boxes right, made in Italy

I.W. - That extra mileage adds up traveling, before too long, you'll know where every bump and pothole is by heart

I.F.F. - Good Luck fishing

With no snow in the yard, the house next door has a dumpster in the front yard And I got permission to put things in, so time for yard clean-up, I'll be back later

Stay Warm-Be Safe-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11381 on: Jan 14, 2018, 12:56 PM »
Well rats, fishable ice, and getting on no problem.  The bite was near by but only a short one, was only thing caught by someone I didn't know.  Open water has grown some but the good Walleyes never showed up.  Guessers say a drop in temp tomorrow.  Will have to go check out the other lake Tuesday, and hope I can find some hungry perch if nothing else.

Thats not the ice you were wanting to see Jeff.  Good luck if you get out catching.

Now to watch a little football, and make a run to store for needed supplies.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11382 on: Jan 14, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Afternoon all,

IFF......sorry to hear the bite was nonexistent today  :(  colder temps coming your way   :thumbsup:  enjoy the game

MrC....very nice of your sister to do the cleaning so you could sleep  ;)

CapJ....that's a good neighbor to share the dumpster  :clap:

IW....amazing what Mother Nature can do  :o  thanks for the pic

WS.....hope you get a break in the cold soon, those below zero temps along with brisk winds sure do get old pretty quick  :%$#!:

Eddie.....looks like a beautiful day to be on the ice  :)  hope you and your boys are putting a hurtin on em  :flex: ;)2

H2L.....hope you're feeling up to bowling tonight  :)

Did get all the snow here at home cleaned up yesterday, the storm moved out by mid afternoon, then temps dropped again overnight -10 was the coldest I saw this morning  :blink:  been sunny & calm all day with no wind  :thumbsup:  took a drive to check the local lakes, Delta is still "closed" due to the canal corp lowering the water level  :wacko: Oneida looks good on the south shore, not so much off the beach  :nono:  a couple more days of cold calm days should lock up the shore again  ;)

Have a good evening. Stay safe

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11383 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 0* here on my hill I have to cut this short I'm meeting Jon to fish today and I have to leave early
                   because of the extra miles I have to travel! ::)
                             A short note on the Vikings game .....WOW what a finish! :woot:
                             I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11384 on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:07 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

What an afternoon and evening we had. Like IW said 'Wow! What a finish lol. Not sure I can take many endings like that one :unsure:

We are supposed to have warmer weather by Thursday, so my plan is to spend a couple days fishing once it gets here. With the cold that we have had I didn't have enough room in the garage to dig into the snow blower. Yesterday we ended up with 3-4" of snow again, so today I will try to figure out what is wrong with it.

I hope everyone has a good MLK day either at work or on the ice if weather permits :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11385 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:04 AM »
Morning ,All

19*, slight breeze, cloudy, with some kind of snow predicted

It looks like we could hammered again with snow, will be watching closely how it develops; got the trash that I wanted to get rid of into the dumpster; time for cup #2 traveling
    to work

Have a good MLK day

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11386 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:06 AM »
2 degrees this morning. Well I went bowling but only bowled 2 games. Didn't think I could make it for the third game. I think the bowling helped some. Still painful but I seemed to be able to "toss and turn" during the night without as much pain. Will see what today brings....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11387 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Good Morning All, well hope the guessers deliver today, ice making temp.  Haven't caught the weather on TV as to how much white stuff will be here today, Think most all the snow pack areas are some below normal for this time of year.

Steve, you get the house all cleaned out, or still working on it ?  I will find out this after noon if we get frieght truck today, beings it MLK day  :unsure: 

H2L, The back complaining ?  or did I miss what the problem is ? 

Jeff hope you have a good day on the ice,  WOW is right, I was pulling for the Vikes, thought well with Saints taking the lead with what time was left on the clock.  No way....then WOW.

Hum....a Warbonnet sighting ?

Steve whats on for you today,
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11388 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:54 AM »
IFF, I took a fall last Thursday. Just old and takes longer to heal...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11389 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:09 AM »
Morning all,

Another cold start to the day, nice & sunny tho  :) 

IW.....good luck on the ice sir  ;)

H2L....glad you were able to get 2 games in  :thumbsup:  hope you aren't paying the price this morning

WS.....congrats on the Vikings win  :clap: :flex:  I don't follow football much, but that was an amazing finish for sure  :bow: :thumbsup:  hope the snow blower fix is an easy one

Eddie.....gremlins on the loose again or just busy catching fish  ??? hope all is well

CapJ.....hope your work day goes problem free today  ;)2

IFF......imagine most trucking companies are working today, pretty much just gov't type places closed I think  :-\

Today is errand day again, seems there's always something that needs replacing/repairing  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11390 on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Good evening/afternoon 9:45ers  spending a quite-lazy MLK day at home after working Sunday night into Monday morning. I will have to check weather forecast later see latest estimates for tomorrow's snow.
Capt. Jim sorry I'm not familiar with terminology used in your profession I should have said tile not square. I can see an imported specialized tile like the chair rail costing $ 30 per tile . Also know cost is determined by material tile is made from glazing ,hand painted, etc. .
IFF good to hear you found some ice and caught fish. still some items to remove from the house and minor repairs/painting to have done before putting it on the market. Also have to get paperwork issue resolved both properties still listed under my mother's name seems tile research company our lawyer hired screwed up when filing papers. ::) :whistle:
Wallyworld hope you got all the errands completed today. I'm lucky my sister has more motivation to get jobs finished then me probably because I carry majority of load at my job and just want to relax in my off hours.
Whopper Stopper may weather guessers be correct and you have warmer temperature to work on snow blower before next major snow fall .
Hunts2long hope you did not suffer any set backs today after bowling last night. How are travel conditions and lakes in your part of NY> seen thread about Great Sacandaga being closed because of recent rains .
Ice Wanderer how was the fishing, think it will be a while before some of roads in your area are open to travel.
Eddie hope those pesky gremlins have not taken your computer hostage and your just to busy catching and cleaning fish to post.

Have a pleasant evening folks.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11391 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Well during today's running around we stumbled on a decent sale on ice shantys  :clap:  After a few minutes of talking it over we pulled the plug on an Eskimo evo2it  crossover ;D  side doors & insulated roof/back wall. Our shapell rover 2.0 has served us well over the years, but the eskimo is a HUGE upgrade  :woot:  woohoo   :woot:  Spent the rest of the afternoon in the cellar putting it together....anxious to get it on some ice for it's maiden voyage  ;D

Hope you all had a good day as well. Enjoy the evening. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11392 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Looks good WW  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11393 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:53 PM »
Congratulations on the new shanty wallworld. :thumbsup: :clap: 
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11394 on: Jan 15, 2018, 10:39 PM »
WW's nice, those are roomy.  Hope you get to use it sooner, than soon.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And yup, truck came in, with a bunch of spring time items  ::) :cookoo:

Good Ice making temp tonight, low of 2*,  so will brave the other lake.  The guy that didn't show Sunday says he will make it in the morning, so won't be going alone.

May even pack the underwater camera along as the lake should have some clearer water than my mud hole. 

Steve good luck on getting the paperwork straightened out

Got home just in time to see the Jayhawk's come from behind and take one from  #2 West Virginia  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :flex:  ;D

Got to round some things up for early start.  And go find my pillow.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11395 on: Jan 16, 2018, 03:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  16* and light snow falling, high of 26 here today. We've been having problems again with darn Internet service, was going to post on my phone yesterday...was taking me forever with the tiny keyboard... ;D

I'll never catch up to you all this morning, but I have been reading the posts on my phone.
  Bud..best of luck out there today, hope the colder weather sticks around now for you!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congrats on the new Eskimo!! They are a nice shanty...best of luck with the maiden voyage!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...they were some impressive pictures you shared on the ice jam! How did you and Jon do with the lakers? Best of luck out there today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...did you get the snowblower/water pump problem fixed? Best of luck with the fishing if heading out today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...sometimes those quiet lazy days spent at home are just what the Dr. ordered, hope you enjoyed it!   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad to hear your back feels a little better now, sorry to read about your fall Sir! How did you do with the two games you bowled?
  Capt.J...hope you don't get hit too hard with the snow again! How's the tile job coming along now?

Well, we did manage to get a trip in on Sunday, Saturday was just a plain old nasty day. Had a change in plans as we were going to go to H2's reservoir targeting pike and walleyes but the conditions got real bad there. We ended up doing a trip to Jeff's home water, harris Bay on Lake George for a perch trip. We did pretty decent, but the bite was off for us as well as many out there. Hopefully the area we would normally fish locks up soon.
  Did a solo trip yesterday afternoon on a local lake and caught the skunk right up until dark...ended up catching 13 keeper Crappies with the lantern going until 6:00pm, so it paid off hanging out for a little while.
   Well, time to get ready for another work day....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11396 on: Jan 16, 2018, 03:28 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 13* and snowing here on my hill with 2 to 4 inches expected today.
                         Steve......Yes with the extra miles to go I have to plan ahead when going to town.  The road that is closed
                is a state road and the detour road is maintained by the town the state has taken over the road clearing, yesterday
                on my way home I followed a state truck salting very heavily. I heard that they are talking about blasting the ice jam.
                I heard on the radio that they had to evacuate 15 homes, one home in the area had water and ice up to their windows. ::)
                         Wally.....That a nice shanty, lots of room to jig out of. :thumbsup:
                         Marv.......Good luck with your snow blower! :flex:
                         h2l.........I hope your back gets better before your next match, it was probably smart to stop after 2 games, I'm
               surprised that you got 2 games in! :flex:
                         Eddie did you get out on the ice yesterday, how did you do?
                         MW is under the weather with the flu so I told Mrs. MW that if she needed some help with plowing or wood
               deliveries that I would drop everything to help out.
                         I hope everyone has a great Tuesday either at work or out on the ice!
                         I see Eddie posted while I was typing, way to go hanging in there to catch those Crappie!
               IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11397 on: Jan 16, 2018, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

The last cold day here for awhile and then a nice warmup is headed our way, possibly 40 by Friday :clap:

Good going on the crappies Eddie :clap: Glad to hear you made it out and put some in the bucket. Hope you and the crew have a productive and safe week Sir! :thumbsup:

IW hope they can get your normal route back into use soon. Pretty nice you are able to give MW a hand. Make sure and tell him I hope he gets over the crud fast :thumbsup:

h2l hope the back problem is getting better.

Bud hope the job continues to go well. Any plans on fishing with your new friend?

WW when are you going to give the new house it's maiden trip? Hope the day brings good things your way :thumbsup:

mr.clean I know the feeling of needing the couch after a long day or week. Glad your sister is able to help get things sorted out. Hope one of these days we get to read about a fishing trip you are going on :thumbsup:

I am still fighting with the blower. I got a good start yesterday and got interrupted with a tree bid. I don't know why people are so intent on needing you to look immediately when  they can't do the job until after March ??? By the time I returned home it was time to fetch the wife from the bus.

I hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11398 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:27 AM »
Good morning early risers ,may see 6 inches of snow by tomorrow night if weather guessers are correct .
Wallyworld hope you get to make maiden voyage with new shelter soon will be nice having separate chairs instead of sharing bench seat .
IFF glad cold weather has come to your area good luck with the fishing today. Guess it is the nature of retail always get merchandise in before most people are interested in purchasing it so it sits in warehouse or takes up space on the sales floor. We should be getting Valentine's  day items in soon only to be followed by Easter goods.
Eddie congrats on the crappies. The gremlins have been bothering me past few weeks internet working fine then suddenly loose it and get not connected message the joys of technology.
Ice Wanderer hope the state does not create more problems if they decide to blast open ice damn/jam . I can see keeping a watch on your fuel gauge while traveling gas station can be spread out in rural areas . Get well quick wishes sent  for Mealworm . May Mrs.MW ,you and son #2 not have to spend to many hours in trucks because of coming snow.
Whopper Stopper think folks shop around for best quote on jobs and then wait to start work so they can find funds to pay for the job. May any need parts be available to fix snow blower.

I will check back later to see who all posts today. a safe and good Tuesday to everyone.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11399 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Good morning everyone, Hope everyone is staying warm. Laid up with 3 bulging discs. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the ice be safe.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.