« on: Sep 08, 2013, 06:18 AM »
Its coming. :thumbsup:

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: winter
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Its coming. :thumbsup:

You bet Gary. Guess what else is coming, scheduled to arrive around the first or second week of November? Hint: Has four wheels, floats and has holes in the floor to jig through.  ;D

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2013, 05:20 PM »
sure hope we get early ice this year! I need to hit Wethersfield
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2013, 05:43 PM »
sure hope we get early ice this year! I need to hit Wethersfield

Early ice, with you there Perch. Lets hope for late, consistent ice as well. Speaking of perch that is one big yellow girl in your signature.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2013, 04:30 PM »
checked out the website , eider. Looks like fun , cant wait to see it :bow:

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Thanks Eiderz!

Caught that one in a special place in RI, now I just need to catch good sized perch in CT. I had good luck at Lake Coventry last year, and lots of dinks at Lake Tyler. Do you guys know of any hot perch places?
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Thanks Eiderz!

Caught that one in a special place in RI, now I just need to catch good sized perch in CT. I had good luck at Lake Coventry last year, and lots of dinks at Lake Tyler. Do you guys know of any hot perch places?

Sorry to say, I have nada YP spots in CT which is why yours caught my eye. If you want the big yellows on a consistent basis I suggest Oneida Lake, just outside Syracuse, NY. I've made several trips a year for the last five seasons or so. Unbelievable place, about 25 miles long and 5-6 miles wide, home of the walleye hordes and monster yellow perch as well as other species. All jigging. As you might guess, bugchazer has been there as well and is now officially hooked! ( We won't tell his wife) :icefish:

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2013, 06:43 PM »
checked out the website , eider. Looks like fun , cant wait to see it :bow:

What did Mrs. Bug say? It's ok if you get one too, or stay the hell away from that guy? ;)

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2013, 10:01 PM »
A little chill in the air and the gang is all set to go.......love it!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2013, 05:53 AM »
Yes it is.  Today and tomorrow are going to be in the mid 80s then after Friday the warmest it's supposed to get is in the mid 60s.  Looking like summer is having it's last hoorah.  Also the leaves have been slowly changing for the past three weeks.  Come on Jack Frost, we're waiting for you to get here.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2013, 06:52 AM »
Mrs. Bug said I could still play with you . She also said we are buying a pontoon boat next year and if I want more to keep buying lottery tickets. Guess Ill keep doing it the old way :'(

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2013, 07:49 AM »
Mrs. Bug said I could still play with you . She also said we are buying a pontoon boat next year and if I want more to keep buying lottery tickets. Guess Ill keep doing it the old way :'(

Harsh toke, having to ride the atv. Ha,ha,ha.  I'll still be riding mine when conditions permit.

Everybody keep on hopin' for cold. Bring it.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Just read about global cooling. Yup, cooling for real.
This from a thread in the general icefishing chitchat section:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/09/09/arctic-sea-ice-up-60-percent-in-2013/

I was afraid this was coming. I take full reponsibility. Icefishing in CT in June, polar bears in the trash cans. No more 3" of white punky ice in January, more like 3' of rock hard blackness into March. My wife told me it was coming too, right after I told her about the Wilcraft.  A waste of money she says. I hope she's right! ;)

You know bug, I was thinking that with minor mods a pontoon boat would make a hell of a sled. Pull it around with one quad in front of each pontoon, like a two-horse ice sleigh. If she insists on one with "all" of the amenities, even better! Nothing like a happy deuce on the ice. Jigging from six feet off the hardwater, man, we'd cut a wide swath!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2013, 04:46 PM »
eh, I cant really believe that. While I may not believe, a man can always pray! The next two days are going to be brutal

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 12, 2013, 07:19 AM »
Hey Eider, Where was that spot up by dakin shoals that we put in on Oneida last year.Thanks.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Sep 12, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Hey Eider, Where was that spot up by dakin shoals that we put in on Oneida last year.Thanks.

Taft Bay Park-Geez, I thought we were keeping it a secret! :laugh:

Offline icefishingct98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bring on the ice!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2013, 07:56 AM »
I just broke out the gear yesterday dusted it off! Loving these cold nights!  :tipup:
I live for pike,bass,crappie,pickerel, and anything thats big and swims! Can't go jigging without my vex!

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Sep 15, 2013, 09:17 AM »
Yup, got up this morning at 5:30 it was 47 degrees in Newton.

smitty :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2013, 06:44 PM »
lets go!!!!!

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Sep 16, 2013, 10:26 PM »
A little chill in the air and the gang is all set to go.......love it!

I am gettin the itch!!

Offline Tom G

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Oct 05, 2013, 06:18 AM »
Hey guys, relax. We are 2 1/2 months away from ice fishing. Do you open water fish, or just ice fish!? ;)

I'll launch my boat right up until the ramp is frozen. That's one of the best times of the year. ;D

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 13, 2013, 05:58 AM »
I fish and hunt right up to ice. Going steelhead fishing nov. early dec. , lots of deer I hope. By then ice should arrive I hope. :icefish:

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Oct 21, 2013, 06:24 AM »
It's coming! Check out the forecast for the lodge I fish in Manitoba. That lake is usually locked by Halloween.

10/21/2013   34°   23°   
10/22/2013   33°   25°   
10/23/2013   33°   21°
10/24/2013   32°   21°
10/25/2013   31°   19°   
10/26/2013   29°   17°   
10/27/2013   26°   13°   
10/28/2013   19°   9°   
10/29/2013   22°   14°   
10/30/2013   23°   14°
10/31/2013   21°   12°   

Offline icefishingct98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bring on the ice!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 21, 2013, 08:10 AM »
I know i am ready! The gear is all set got all leaders and hooks and ice jigs now just need some quick strike rigs for pike but thats it! Otherwise i cant wait to see the first  :tipup: fly!
I live for pike,bass,crappie,pickerel, and anything thats big and swims! Can't go jigging without my vex!

Offline baitbig

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bigbait
« Reply #24 on: Oct 22, 2013, 06:35 PM »
I can t rember the weather changing this soon .The jet stream setting up for nice flow for some early  Dec ice fishing.

Offline icefishingct98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bring on the ice!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 22, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Its been two years with no december ice fishing in CT lets have another season like the 2010-2011 season! ;D :tipup:

Offline baitbig

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bigbait
« Reply #26 on: Oct 25, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Well I m thinking the jet stream setting up early could just  what we need. Can t rember low thrirties in Oct. This give us all kinds of  possibilities . Turkey day  ice .

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 03, 2013, 07:12 PM »
Cold tonight in the hills, low 20's! Lake are cooling down. :woot:

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Nov 03, 2013, 08:12 PM »
does anyone know the months forecast? like above or below average?

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 04, 2013, 04:35 AM »
weather channel has changed the nov. forcast. Its now going to be warmer then normal. Bummer if true  :%$#!:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.