Author Topic: vex fl 20 vs. marcum lx 6  (Read 7929 times)

Offline ah_long

• IceShanty Rookie
vex fl 20 vs. marcum lx 6
« on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Hi,

I have an LX-6 and after a month of usage, it suddenly lost red and green in the sonar return unless I crank the sensitivity up to around 17~18

Any ideas?

p.s.
running 3.17
did factory reset
tried running it in different color palette
displays the same issue in simulator mode

Marcum not answering phone calls and emails are not helping either

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: vex fl 20 vs. marcum lx 6
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Not sure what to tell you on the color but can't believe they haven't answered the phone...If I call for a question or anything they pick up in a couple rings... Hope you get this resolved.
Fishin red lines

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2013, 10:34 AM »
Not sure what to tell you on the color but can't believe they haven't answered the phone...If I call for a question or anything they pick up in a couple rings... Hope you get this resolved.

Agree, I havent had an issue getting through calling to Marcum.  If your call havent been picked up you should be trying again multiple times through out the day.

Also if a the return signal isnt strong or large enough you wont see red.  Mostly yellow, aqua, blue on mines.  Its also possible you may have a transducer issue, check the cable connection & reseat.  Or if try a different known good cable.  Other then that get in contact with Marcum.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Last time I was out with my LX-7 I had a similar problem, only two colors (of 6) showing and they appeared to be showing some sort of rhythmic "waves" on the bottom using the chart display.  I puzzled over it for a while and then discovered that I had somehow turned the sensitivity way down while playing with it in the house.  Bumped the sensitivity up to 15 and all colors appeared,  thing worked perfectly.

Offline ah_long

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2013, 03:15 PM »
shouldn't need to crank the sens up to 15 to read bottom though, it was working fine and all of a sudden it went wonky, go figure

Offline fish-core

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2013, 09:22 PM »
i'm thinkin about selling my fl 20 and getting a lx 6 what are the advantages of having the lx 6 over the fl 20? i'm hopin some of the guys who own a lx 6 can fill me in on them as I've never fished with one or seen one in action! I see the fl 28 is the same price so that could be an option as well. thanks for any input!!  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline MNSlaunch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2013, 12:43 AM »
I just ordered an FLX-28 after playing around with a buddies on open water. I fish in the weeds a lot and got to see its weed mode in action, it was crazy being able to see your jig after years of not being able to.   Love the automatic mode.  Can't wait to be able to hole hop quickly up and down a steep break without having to adjust which depth setting you're on.  I have never used the LX6 personally, but had a buddy sell one for the FLX28 (the one i got to play with) and he converted my other friend with the LX7 too.  Not a bad deal for him though as he was able to sell his LX7 for what a new 28 costs. 

Don't want to preach.  I'm not the die hard type that will refuse to fish with someone that uses marcum or humminbird for that matter lol.  All of the units help put more fish topside.  Just impressed with some of the advancements this year compared to previous years and i know I will be able to have that thing for the next 20 years without it breaking.

Good luck either way!
Brett McComas
"Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games... take them fishing."

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2013, 04:28 AM »
I just ordered an FLX-28 after playing around with a buddies on open water. I fish in the weeds a lot and got to see its weed mode in action, it was crazy being able to see your jig after years of not being able to.   Love the automatic mode.  Can't wait to be able to hole hop quickly up and down a steep break without having to adjust which depth setting you're on.  I have never used the LX6 personally, but had a buddy sell one for the FLX28 (the one i got to play with) and he converted my other friend with the LX7 too.  Not a bad deal for him though as he was able to sell his LX7 for what a new 28 costs. 

Don't want to preach.  I'm not the die hard type that will refuse to fish with someone that uses marcum or humminbird for that matter lol.  All of the units help put more fish topside.  Just impressed with some of the advancements this year compared to previous years and i know I will be able to have that thing for the next 20 years without it breaking.

Good luck either way!

I am curious as to reason why your buddies sought to swap over to the FLX28 from the likes of an LX6 or LX7.  What was there or what did they see that prompted them to make the change to the FLX28? 

Offline MNSlaunch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Biggest selling points was how well the unit performed while fishing in the weeds and the fact that Vexilars are bulletproof.  Also, my one buddy said that his lx7 randomly flashes and flickers and it drives him crazy.  I thought I'd be smart and tell him that all units have some interference haha. but I guess it's even when he is by himself.  I'm sure that must just be an issue with his unit, because I haven't heard others complain about that.  Another reason that he would even consider looking at the FLX28 is because it finally doesn't make a sound.  The humming of the old vexilars used to drive my friend crazy, as you can tell there's a lot more that gets on his nerves than mine.

Had to call to get the answers straight from them before responding.  But like I said before, I like the Marcums from what I have seen, and have heard great things from people that swear by them.  I was actually going to buy an LX7 this season  (wanted to last year but all of my money evaporated in the form of gas going up to LOW and back all the time) until I got to play with the FLX28.

Not sure where you're located but there's an ice fishing show in Blaine this weekend and one in St. Paul beginning of Dec., otherwise I'd go into your local sporting goods store and play with each one to see which feels right for you.  You can read reviews all you want online but they just go back and forth ripping each unit, getting your hands on a buddies to try it out  is the best way to pick the unit that you love.
Brett McComas
"Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games... take them fishing."

Offline PaperMouthPersuer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Get the FLX-28 Awesome flasher.

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Biggest selling points was how well the unit performed while fishing in the weeds and the fact that Vexilars are bulletproof.  Also, my one buddy said that his lx7 randomly flashes and flickers and it drives him crazy.  I thought I'd be smart and tell him that all units have some interference haha. but I guess it's even when he is by himself.  I'm sure that must just be an issue with his unit, because I haven't heard others complain about that.  Another reason that he would even consider looking at the FLX28 is because it finally doesn't make a sound.  The humming of the old vexilars used to drive my friend crazy, as you can tell there's a lot more that gets on his nerves than mine.

Had to call to get the answers straight from them before responding.  But like I said before, I like the Marcums from what I have seen, and have heard great things from people that swear by them.  I was actually going to buy an LX7 this season  (wanted to last year but all of my money evaporated in the form of gas going up to LOW and back all the time) until I got to play with the FLX28.

Not sure where you're located but there's an ice fishing show in Blaine this weekend and one in St. Paul beginning of Dec., otherwise I'd go into your local sporting goods store and play with each one to see which feels right for you.  You can read reviews all you want online but they just go back and forth ripping each unit, getting your hands on a buddies to try it out  is the best way to pick the unit that you love.

Vexilar is a great and reputable company.  One would expect a solid performing new product. However an LX6 or LX7 already performs great in shallow and weeds.  Being a digital unit its also very quiet too.  6 color palette, Digital depth, flasher dial, vertical bar, graph chart, & adjustable infinite zoom modes becomes tools that are quite hard to let go from going back to a traditional dial flasher only.  Plus the ability to have software updates and added new features.  Marcum again has a new software update for their digital flashers again this season.

Im sure the FLX28 is a fine flasher.  I think woulda waited to see how the unit performs entirely when compared to the likes of an LX6 or 7 before justifying or jumping ship over to another different unit which has yet to seen any ice with the public consumer.

Offline nodakclam19

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If ya can't catch em, break out the beer.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2013, 12:32 PM »
i'm thinkin about selling my fl 20 and getting a lx 6 what are the advantages of having the lx 6 over the fl 20? i'm hopin some of the guys who own a lx 6 can fill me in on them as I've never fished with one or seen one in action! I see the fl 28 is the same price so that could be an option as well. thanks for any input!!  :tipup: :tipup:

Okay so last year I bit the bullet and sold my fl 20 on craigslist and bought the lx6! I love the lx6 and used it a TON last ice season. I loved the new features of being able to update the software and zoom on any column of the water (comes in handy when fishing for suspended fish). I honestly do miss the hum of my old vex as it was calming for me haha. If I were to do it again though I would have spent the extra 100 and got the lx7 because the bigger screen is sweet. I have checked out the flx28 and it looks sweet but i haven't seen it in action so I can't compare to that new flasher but comparing the lx6 to the fl20 is crazy, marcum wins that vote all day long.
Fall: Duck/Pheasant/Bow Hunting
Winter: Hardwater Fishing
Spring: Snow Goose Hunting
Summer: Musky/Walleye Fishing

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2013, 12:42 PM »
I got about 6-7 full days experience with the lx7 last winter and it was OK but far from revolutionary, your FL20 will catch just as many fish.

I'm kind of interested in the new FL28 but I'll have to try one before I go and give up my bird 55 for it.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2013, 01:21 PM »
I got about 6-7 full days experience with the lx7 last winter and it was OK but far from revolutionary, your FL20 will catch just as many fish.

I'm kind of interested in the new FL28 but I'll have to try one before I go and give up my bird 55 for it.

If an LX7 wasnt revolutionary enough for you, dont think the FLX28 is gonna bring you any more than you already have.  You own an Ice55 in which has very similar features.  For some the simple look of a round flasher screen is all they need.  For others they intake the tools or or features such as a LX7 or LX9 has to offer as unrivaled.  For instance graphing chart mode in the digital Marcums allows one to experience or see fish behavior & history that cant be seen in a traditional mechanical flasher.  The graph mode also is key in picking up bottom hugging fish.  However if one doesnt use the available features to their advantage or know how to then its completely as you would say USELESS.  Ive seen many users not learn to use or adapt to their unit's features and that's too bad. 

See the menu features of the LX9:

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #14 on: Oct 30, 2013, 03:09 PM »
I know all about the graph mode, believe me I wanted to get behind the LX7.. I'm all for new and cool but I think its far from revolutionary and I honestly think its an over hyped feature.. for the aggressive fishing I do anyways. Graphs have been used on the ice for some time so that's not really anything new.

I'm not saying the LX6-9s are bad units in any way because they most certainly are not, but you need to weigh out the good vs the bad and the wants vs needs.

Digital flashers have a few more options but they are also more fragile and have a reduced battery life, both are something to consider if you are fishing off the beaten path. The LX9's flasher/camera feature is neat.. but most guys here that use flashers dont want a camera hanging on the bottom. I've personally never seen a walleye over 10 pounds get caught while using a camera, I believe the bigger/smarter fish are shy to them. It could be cool for panfishing.

One thing that does appeal to me about the digital units is GPS capabilities, I thought for sure marcum would have jumped on that with their new lineup. Humminbirds 385 and 597 are quite appealing for that very reason.

The only reason I said I'm interested in the FL28 is because the ability to to fish very deep water for lakers and the fact that you never hear a vex owner say a bad thing about their sonars. I currently have an ice 35 and 55 and I'm happy but there is always room to improve, as soon as I find a flasher that warrants the upgrade I will jump on it.

Just my 2cents, it's not my money so buy whichever you fancy! You likely wont be disappointed.

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 30, 2013, 03:36 PM »
I know all about the graph mode, believe me I wanted to get behind the LX7.. I'm all for new and cool but I think its far from revolutionary and I honestly think its an over hyped feature.. for the aggressive fishing I do anyways. Graphs have been used on the ice for some time so that's not really anything new.

I'm not saying the LX6-9s are bad units in any way because they most certainly are not, but you need to weigh out the good vs the bad and the wants vs needs.

Digital flashers have a few more options but they are also more fragile and have a reduced battery life, both are something to consider if you are fishing off the beaten path. The LX9's flasher/camera feature is neat.. but most guys here that use flashers dont want a camera hanging on the bottom. I've personally never seen a walleye over 10 pounds get caught while using a camera, I believe the bigger/smarter fish are shy to them.

One thing that does appeal to me about the digital units is GPS capabilities, I thought for sure marcum would have jumped on that with their new lineup. Humminbirds 385 and 597 are quite appealing for that very reason.

The only reason I said I'm interested in the FL28 is because the ability to to fish very deep water for lakers and the fact that you never hear a vex owner say a bad thing about their sonars. I currently have an ice 35 and 55 and I'm happy but there is always room to improve, as soon as I find a flasher that warrants the upgrade I will jump on it.

Just my 2cents, it's not my money so buy whichever you fancy! You likely wont be disappointed.

Graph mode is but one of the many features that the Marcum digital flashers already have.  The only other company to offer it on ice is Lowrance.  My point was will one learn to use the features of a flasher to their advantage?  I fail to see the logic wanting something revolutionary here regardless of brand.   As for fishing deep for lakers im sure Marcum has that covered too.   It appears your looking for something you believe is more reliable from either use or word of mouth.  A digital sonar has less moving parts aside from a mechanical flasher.  One would think its less prone to breaking down?

But from the listed specs I dont see the FLX28 being any more revolutionary then what you already have in the Ice55; plus its reliability has yet to be determined.  Of course there are some advantages.  FYI I do own an Ice55 myself as well as a digital Marcum ice sonar currently.  I am no where brand loyal and will jump ship to what I believe provides me the best features or tools to ice fish.

As for having GPS on the flasher is just another option.  In part I could care less if my flasher has GPS as the only time I see myself ever using such is when I get up and decide to move.

I hope the FLX28 is everything you are looking for shall you decide to purchase the unit.  As for me I know I will never give up being able to see a graph, vertical bar, round dial all on the same screen.  It allows me to intake alot of detail through out the water column and use it to fish any presentation.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Oct 30, 2013, 04:36 PM »
Vex had their issues.... Remember the tri-beam fiasco? That said, their technology hasn't changed much, which can be good and bad. I'm a marcum guy, but only up to the lx-5. Not sold on the durability of the digital units. Ice 55, lx-5, or flx-28 would be my choices.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #17 on: Oct 30, 2013, 04:48 PM »
Vex had their issues.... Remember the tri-beam fiasco? That said, their technology hasn't changed much, which can be good and bad. I'm a marcum guy, but only up to the lx-5. Not sold on the durability of the digital units. Ice 55, lx-5, or flx-28 would be my choices.

X2

Graph mode is but one of the many features that the Marcum digital flashers already have.  The only other company to offer it on ice is Lowrance.  My point was will one learn to use the features of a flasher to their advantage?  I fail to see the logic wanting something revolutionary here regardless of brand.   As for fishing deep for lakers im sure Marcum has that covered too.   It appears your looking for something you believe is more reliable from either use or word of mouth.  A digital sonar has less moving parts aside from a mechanical flasher.  One would think its less prone to breaking down?

But from the listed specs I dont see the FLX28 being any more revolutionary then what you already have in the Ice55; plus its reliability has yet to be determined.  Of course there are some advantages.  FYI I do own an Ice55 myself as well as a digital Marcum ice sonar currently.  I am no where brand loyal and will jump ship to what I believe provides me the best features or tools to ice fish.

As for having GPS on the flasher is just another option.  In part I could care less if my flasher has GPS as the only time I see myself ever using such is when I get up and decide to move.

I hope the FLX28 is everything you are looking for shall you decide to purchase the unit.  As for me I know I will never give up being able to see a graph, vertical bar, round dial all on the same screen.  It allows me to intake alot of detail through out the water column and use it to fish any presentation.

All I said was that I was "interested" in the FL28(curious), not that its superior to any other flasher or that I planned to go out and buy one.

The vertical flasher and the round dial flasher are telling you the exact same thing just in different views, I honestly didn't like the vertical column as much as I thought I would.. but that may just because I have always used a flasher and I'm accustomed to it. I always said the showdown needed to be colour so they got that part right.

As far as the graph vs flasher debate, if a guy can use it to his benefit then more power to him.. but all the guys I know with the LX series sonars ditched the graph/sonar twin screen after the novelty wore off and simply use it in flasher mode. Every time I took out the LX7 I would use the twin screen as I do not have that option on mine and I honestly cant say that the graph is of any use to me. Cool feature but it didn't put any more fish on the ice.

I dont see GPS as just another option, arguably being on the right spot is the single most important part of ice fishing. Being able to see fish is great, but if there's nothing to see.. then that's not doing you much good. Every high end soft water sonar has a GPS built in and its a huge advantage to be able to mark all your spots quickly to pattern where you're catching fish. Moving with the fish is key, finding an active bite is the best way to catch more fish.

I'm not anti marcum at all, I just don't believe there to be a huge advantage in switching to an LX6/LX7 from the FL20 unless you REALLY want a graph or just a funky looking flasher, which is what the OP was asking about originally. That's all I'm trying to get at here.

Cheers!

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Oct 30, 2013, 05:19 PM »
X2

All I said was that I was "interested" in the FL28(curious), not that its superior to any other flasher or that I planned to go out and buy one.

The vertical flasher and the round dial flasher are telling you the exact same thing just in different views, I honestly didn't like the vertical column as much as I thought I would.. but that may just because I have always used a flasher and I'm accustomed to it. I always said the showdown needed to be colour so they got that part right.

As far as the graph vs flasher debate, if a guy can use it to his benefit then more power to him.. but all the guys I know with the LX series sonars ditched the graph/sonar twin screen after the novelty wore off and simply use it in flasher mode. Every time I took out the LX7 I would use the twin screen as I do not have that option on mine and I honestly cant say that the graph is of any use to me. Cool feature but it didn't put any more fish on the ice.

I dont see GPS as just another option, arguably being on the right spot is the single most important part of ice fishing. Being able to see fish is great, but if there's nothing to see.. then that's not doing you much good. Every high end soft water sonar has a GPS built in and its a huge advantage to be able to mark all your spots quickly to pattern where you're catching fish. Moving with the fish is key, finding an active bite is the best way to catch more fish.

I'm not anti marcum at all, I just don't believe there to be a huge advantage in switching to an LX6/LX7 from the FL20 unless you REALLY want a graph or just a funky looking flasher, which is what the OP was asking about originally. That's all I'm trying to get at here.

Cheers!

FYI, I roll in graph, Vertical Zoom and Vertical bar actually. I have completely dump the round flasher.  So it is giving you different information with all 3 different windows.  6 color palette on the Marcum allows you to go into finer details even catching detail that the likes of an FL20 cant even see like bait fish.  If your guys are ditching the features of the LX7 and just using it as a simple dial flasher then you are pretty much already defeating the purpose of owning one or dont know how to fully take advantage of its features during a particular outing.  Of course sometime fishing just needs simplicity.  And going to a round flasher will do.  In this case I will turn on the Ice55.

You make good points but again like I said GPS is another option and not neccessary on flasher.  There are variables that defeat it.  Its not going to help you catch any more fish but rather be a good navigation tool.  It has better importance on open water where you can move freely and quickly then ice.  It is you who catches more fish not the equipment.  How you interpret and use your equipment will help you catch more fish.  Of course some skill and luck is needed too.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 30, 2013, 07:08 PM »
FYI, I roll in graph, Vertical Zoom and Vertical bar actually. I have completely dump the round flasher.  So it is giving you different information with all 3 different windows.  6 color palette on the Marcum allows you to go into finer details even catching detail that the likes of an FL20 cant even see like bait fish.  If your guys are ditching the features of the LX7 and just using it as a simple dial flasher then you are pretty much already defeating the purpose of owning one or dont know how to fully take advantage of its features during a particular outing.  Of course sometime fishing just needs simplicity.  And going to a round flasher will do.  In this case I will turn on the Ice55.

You make good points but again like I said GPS is another option and not neccessary on flasher.  There are variables that defeat it.  Its not going to help you catch any more fish but rather be a good navigation tool.  It has better importance on open water where you can move freely and quickly then ice.  It is you who catches more fish not the equipment.  How you interpret and use your equipment will help you catch more fish.  Of course some skill and luck is needed too.

If you need that much information shown on a screen to catch fish, you might want to upgrade to the Lx-9 and also run a camera so you can see the fish reactions by vision too. LOL. 

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 30, 2013, 08:05 PM »
X2   I like to keep it simple and accurate and have something  thats not fragile or doesn't burn up a battery in a few hours and won't distort out other friends out there trying to enjoy the great sport we all should be able to enjoy together
Never to many short poles

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 30, 2013, 08:13 PM »
X2   I like to keep it simple and accurate and have something  thats not fragile or doesn't burn up a battery in a few hours and won't distort out other friends out there trying to enjoy the great sport we all should be able to enjoy together

Bounced my LX-7 off the quad a few times last season without issues, battery life is great easily will last 2 days maybe 3, other than a FL-22 last year no issues with other flashers in my shack or nearby.... In fact we had 3 LX-7s a LX-5, FL-8 and a FL-22 all in close proximity, 22 had issues with all other units but was able to mostly clear it up with some tweaking.....

Offline fish-core

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Oct 30, 2013, 09:42 PM »
thanks for all the info guys! I still haven't decided what i'm going to get  ::) I also seen a bird 597 that would make a good unit as well. I like that you can pop in a lakemaster chip and have tons of valuable info as well. but the chip alone is $100+ i'll update as I get closer to a decision, again THANKS!!

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 30, 2013, 10:00 PM »
If you need that much information shown on a screen to catch fish, you might want to upgrade to the Lx-9 and also run a camera so you can see the fish reactions by vision too. LOL.

Says the man who's shows all his equipment in his signature.  As I recall you were looking to purchase an FLX28 with all the bells and whistles.  Why?

Upgrading to an LX9 would be awesome.  But I already have a Camera.  If you have the screen estate to show your zoom, full water column, and chart graph all on one screen to assist you in catching more fish why wouldnt you?   Instead of looking at a round dial with a split screen you at least get your displays separately on screen.  The point again was to use the features to your advantage depending on the situation or presentation.  Setup the screen displays that best fit what your going after.

Sure I can pick up the FL8 and be fine with just the standard round dial screen.  Guess you didnt read what I said earlier that sometimes simplicity more then does the job.  But that's not the point here.  You drive a luxury sedan or ferarri.  So why drive it like a and old gramps?  If I wanted that i'd buy the Geo Metro instead.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #24 on: Oct 30, 2013, 10:23 PM »
I have two of the 587 birds on my boat. They are the same as the 597 just a 1/2 inch smaller screen. I can pick up a size 10 mud bug in 45 feet of water no problem. I am in the process of setting them both up for ice service this winter. The GPS is very handy as is the lake master option.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline fish-core

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Oct 30, 2013, 10:54 PM »
ive got a 587 with down imaging, and its nice out on the boat! from what I've seen on the net, the down imaging units aren't meant for ice fishing and could ruin the unit so i'm not lookin to convert that unit. I've got a few more weeks before ice so i'm not gonna jump the gun, going to weigh my options and go from there!

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Oct 30, 2013, 11:14 PM »
Just wondering what size battery do they put in the LX 7. ??  I was going on what most of the guys I no that has the LX 7 they said they had to charge them after about 10 hrs of use which should get you threw most days on ice . I just need to go with some one that has a newer lx7 maybe the updates need done on the one the guy I fished with    I have been thinking about buying one because everyone on this site that has a LX 7 seems to love them I love new flasher technology and now that they are getting cheaper and now that I no you can throw them off a quad without any problems I'm going to buy one and give it a try. Thanks for letting me no they can take ahard hit

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 30, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Esox where can I get a deal on a lx7

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Oct 31, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Esox where can I get a deal on a lx7

No idea, I pay retail.... Alot of battery life depends on a few things, how often the screen heaters on and how high the backlight is set, I run mine at around 30% when in the shack and when fishing local that 95% of the time as sitting out in the open draws a crowd..... In MN I bucket fish so the lights turned up but still have never seen the battery below 12.1 volts after a day of fishing before sun up to afater dark.... The LX series come with a 9 ah battery

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 31, 2013, 01:27 PM »
That's good on battery life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.