New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Looking for a place to ice fish  (Read 1809 times)

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for a place to ice fish
« on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:04 AM »
I am looking for a great place to catch lots of fish, as a matter of fact I would love to fish someones honey hole.  I would want a place that I am sure to catch my limit every time I go out without hardly trying.  I will need some one to drag my shanty out, set it up and bait my hooks for me while I sit back and drink beer ;D.  Oh I am gonna need someone to fillet my limit of fish everytime when I catch fish at your favorite spots.  Can any one help?  :P  Grid cordonates,  time of day, where, when?????  Just kidding of course......
Can't wait to get out I hope we all have a long safe season.

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking for a place to ice fish
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:06 AM »
silver lake macs bay smashed em last year

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:47 AM »
silver lake macs bay smashed em last year
wow

Offline carcaju

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2012, 03:47 PM »
I am looking for a great place to catch lots of fish, as a matter of fact I would love to fish someones honey hole.  I would want a place that I am sure to catch my limit every time I go out without hardly trying.  I will need some one to drag my shanty out, set it up and bait my hooks for me while I sit back and drink beer ;D.  Oh I am gonna need someone to fillet my limit of fish everytime when I catch fish at your favorite spots.  Can any one help?  :P  Grid cordonates,  time of day, where, when?????  Just kidding of course......
Can't wait to get out I hope we all have a long safe season.
hudson river below bakers falls ,dont mind they glow in the dark or may have extra eyes or limbs the place is literaly crawling with them. p.s. you might want to bring a gun for personal protection .if you make it back let us know how you surviv... i mean did.  ;D

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2012, 07:15 PM »
wow
o im sorry i thought this was a community u know how those work right

Offline DeepDriller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Well if its like most around here it works like this. A few people get up in the morning and go to work. They work and do what they have to, to get the things they want. Then the state taxes them for the work they did. The state then writes checks to the people that slept in and didn't feel they had to work for the things they want. AKA = Welfare! Don't know about the others on here but I'm not gonna do all the work and watch the people that don't want to do the work reap the benefits. Guess we could call it the Iceshanty tea party! :'(

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:40 PM »
Well if its like most around here it works like this. A few people get up in the morning and go to work. They work and do what they have to, to get the things they want. Then the state taxes them for the work they did. The state then writes checks to the people that slept in and didn't feel they had to work for the things they want. AKA = Welfare! Don't know about the others on here but I'm not gonna do all the work and watch the people that don't want to do the work reap the benefits. Guess we could call it the Iceshanty tea party! :'(
Amen to that brother, I've been ice fishing for 5 years and worked for everything I have gotten, didn't have anybody teach me anything. You mentioned welfare which made me think about how some states have made in a requirement to take a drug test before receiving their check. This is one of the best things ever done when it comes to welfare. The only reason I ask for ice conditions sometimes is because I don't have a vehicle so it's hard enough to get to the lake to fish let alone to scout it out. Once I get a vehicle though I will check out everything for myself
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2012, 05:10 AM »
Just because it a community doesn't mean they need to know everything. It's your honey hole because you found it though hard work not typing on an Internet form.

Offline tundra1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2012, 05:21 AM »
 ;D Hey rippem im with you ....your bringing the beer right? oh and snacks to. ::)
just not enough time    <*)((><     >*)(((((((((>< 

Offline NiagaraJiggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:17 AM »
so basically, being a "Lurker" on here is like being a welfare recipient ? funny

unless, you really do suck at it or are a newbie to icefishing - that's where we really should help. At least in PM form so the "Lurkers" don't sneak in.... lol  ;D
Keep Your Rods Bent !!
~NiagaraJiggin~
Master Forest Owner Volunteer
NYFOA Member
Creator of the Swoongie Fishing System

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:25 AM »

Good stuff right there@@ ;D
It'll eat.

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:26 AM »
I put wow because clearly the op was joking and it totally went over your head. 

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:37 AM »
Rippem, that definitely made me laugh, only because some guys on here post that very thing and are dead serious!  No problem, let me go spud the ice, find out if it is safe or not, while you sit at home by the fire waiting to hear my report.  I don't have an issue with people PMing me about the conditions of the bays near where I live but I know that those same people are out doing their own homework elsewhere and would clue me in if I asked them.  Yes, it is a community and many of us on here work well together and help each other out.  To reap the benefits of this Community you have to put in some time and show that you are willing to contribute for the good of the community and not just being selfish.

Offline DeepDriller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Rippem, that definitely made me laugh, only because some guys on here post that very thing and are dead serious!  No problem, let me go spud the ice, find out if it is safe or not, while you sit at home by the fire waiting to hear my report.  I don't have an issue with people PMing me about the conditions of the bays near where I live but I know that those same people are out doing their own homework elsewhere and would clue me in if I asked them.  Yes, it is a community and many of us on here work well together and help each other out.  To reap the benefits of this Community you have to put in some time and show that you are willing to contribute for the good of the community and not just being selfish.
Well said  @)

Offline roundhouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:07 AM »
you need to head north

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:15 AM »

Awesome!
I love clipboard man

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2012, 09:13 AM »
Sorry guys didn't mean to stir things up in here.  I have been working my butt off at work for the last few months over 60 hrs a week and I'm ready for some fishing.  I was at work when I wrote that  because I thought some of the questions people had asked were funny.  I am not new to ice fishing but I am a ice shanty whore during the winter lol.  My summers are spent working and trolling for trout and salmon but I sure have a soft spot for the hard water.  I most certainly will be out next weekend and will be posting my results (hopefully we will have good ice then).  I would never ask for someone's specific fishing location seriously.  We do that stuff on my trolling Site I belong to lakeontariounited, but your not dealing with one small area on those reports its all of lake Ontario.  Ok guess I'm done be safe out there it wont be long with the weather we are having everyone will be out soon.

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Oh tundra I got the beer you get the snacks ok lol.

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2012, 09:19 AM »
america home of the free sounds like u should check out some real estate in canada system sucks but love it or leave it glad u were not a founding father

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Just because it a community doesn't mean they need to know everything. It's your honey hole because you found it though hard work not typing on an Internet form.
so what are u on this site for hopefully to get some ice fishing info iwould presume is that not the point of the site are u not lookn for fish like everyone else

Offline tree-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Rippem:

I know a place on the ice that serves beer and snacks, not sure about the fishing though.
 Lat:43.308449   Lon: -73.64286
 ;D

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:04 AM »
so what are u on this site for hopefully to get some ice fishing info iwould presume is that not the point of the site are u not lookn for fish like everyone else

Ice fishing info would be diff baits, types of rigs , transportation , rods reels tip ups and techniques . The list of ice fishing info is long and it's all on here for the reading .

Ive been mildly entertained by a few on here that expect or seemingly are outright demanding of where guys are fishing and catching .

I like the visual I get of them having a tantrum behind their keyboard because guys that are doing their own recon wont give up gps coordinates .  ::)

Offline DeepDriller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:07 AM »
america home of the free sounds like u should check out some real estate in canada system sucks but love it or leave it glad u were not a founding father
Quote from Benjamin Franklin (Founding Father) "Small leaks sink Great ships"! My point is if you leak out your hard earned secret spot to the world you can kiss it good bye cause it will look like Walmart parking lot on black friday shortly there after.  ::)

Offline DeepDriller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:08 AM »
Ice fishing info would be diff baits, types of rigs , transportation , rods reels tip ups and techniques . The list of ice fishing info is long and it's all on here for the reading .

Ive been mildly entertained by a few on here that expect or seemingly are outright demanding of where guys are fishing and catching .

I like the visual I get of them having a tantrum behind their keyboard because guys that are doing their own recon wont give up gps coordinates .  ::)
Exactly! ;)

Offline zAc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:14 AM »

i live in a community and i dont mow my neighbor lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Quote from Benjamin Franklin (Founding Father) "Small leaks sink Great ships"! My point is if you leak out your hard earned secret spot to the world you can kiss it good bye cause it will look like Walmart parking lot on black friday shortly there after.  ::)
gotta give a lil to get a lil im sure you have picked some useful info on this site unless ur wanna those people that just rome around crying which i hope ur not cause those guys can go hook themselves

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:40 AM »
gotta give a lil to get a lil im sure you have picked some useful info on this site unless ur wanna those people that just rome around crying which i hope ur not cause those guys can go hook themselves

Currently reading the book . " How not to influence people and make friends " .  :o

Offline DeepDriller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Currently reading the book . " How not to influence people and make friends " .  :o
Timber thats Awesome! :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Timber thats Awesome! :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

And I was almost ready to give him some gps co - ords .  ;D

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:53 AM »

i live in a community and i dont mow my neighbor lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its1 thing to live in a community its another to be part of 1 big diference there glad i dont have neighbors like u they would have to move perhaps to greenfield ny lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.