New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Looking for a place to ice fish  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking for a place to ice fish
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Tensions are always so high until ice is abundant

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:55 AM »
Come on....

There are only a handful of spots in all of NYS that are safe and all are on the small side   .....  there are hundreds of people who want to ice fish. ...   just read the posts about taking a road trip.

A post on here saying Lake XYZ is safe would result in a mob scene.

That is asking too much of the people who spend the time and money to find safe spots.

It's not like asking where do i access lake abc or what jig is best for perch etc ......  those are things we all share willingly.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #32 on: Dec 31, 2012, 12:00 PM »
so what are u on this site for hopefully to get some ice fishing info iwould presume is that not the point of the site are u not lookn for fish like everyone else
There is a ton of valuable info here do your homework. I'm on this site for the same reason everyone else is to talk ice fishing and provide POINTERS not my secret spot.

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 31, 2012, 12:05 PM »
As much as I want to get on the ice I get why people are hesitant in reporting conditions. Though my main fishing area is far from a secret I don't need 1000 people there next wekend.  We all want ice, if you want it bad enough you can drive to find it.

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 31, 2012, 01:02 PM »
Rippem:

I know a place on the ice that serves beer and snacks, not sure about the fishing though.
 Lat:43.308449   Lon: -73.64286
 ;D

Man now I gotta get all technical and get my gps out to find this mystery place!!!!!

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31, 2012, 01:23 PM »
I found the location didn't see any ice there though lol.  Two outta 3 isnt bad for now.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Well if its like most around here it works like this. A few people get up in the morning and go to work. They work and do what they have to, to get the things they want. Then the state taxes them for the work they did. The state then writes checks to the people that slept in and didn't feel they had to work for the things they want. AKA = Welfare! Don't know about the others on here but I'm not gonna do all the work and watch the people that don't want to do the work reap the benefits. Guess we could call it the Iceshanty tea party! :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.