Author Topic: Bitter lake  (Read 38211 times)

Offline jonas

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bitter lake
« Reply #120 on: Jan 17, 2013, 10:31 AM »
I agree with the whole U-STD ;) The Rabbits are on their way up, first FCS win, sticking with NDSU, Nate Wolters NBA prospect. Good things on the way for the Jacks!
I bet 10% of the people that go to SDSU go there for the in state hunting and fishing license.

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eyes by day, Eyes by night.
« Reply #121 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:08 AM »
Ohhh Im still coming. :) I plan on taking home lots of yummy fillets too. The reason your Gov't doesnt jack fees way up is that they UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT THIS WOULD HAVE ON YOUR FRAGILE ECONOMY. You guys are in a great position as we speak. Good fishing, low gas prices, plenty of out of staters willing to come hang out in little ole webster and spend a grand for a weekend of fishing. Now imagine if we put Vulture and friends in charge. Lets elect vulture governor of SD (this would be far dumber then california and minnesota combined). His first action is to raise out of state hunting and fishing licenses by 75-100%. Then things change. This whole debt ceiling mess has far bigger impact then anticipated, gas prices climb back up to over 4$ a gallon, cost of living increases and taxes increase. People have much less money to spend on recreation. Do you honestly thing that people are going to pay these prices to come hunt and fish all the while burning 4-5 dollar gas to get there? Your lodges, gas stations and outfitters close, one by one and your whole state economy, which is built on tourism, begins a downward spiral. Ahhh....the rise and fall of Voltaire. Ha. You see, your Gov't has it figured out. The prices are just right. ;) Cant wait to catch some perch. :)

Offline jonas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Wasnt gas at $4 dollars this summer?  Pretty sure the out of state invasion was still on.  You would still come am I wrong?

Offline dwmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #123 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Doc, your beating a dead horse. Most residence don't appreciate what they have and the benefits they reseave from tourism dollars. No state income tax, a resource that is always improving. Do you think that that resource would stay as is if tourism money wasn't pumped into the economy. Do you think that with the revenue from just the locals that the parks, baitstores motels and everything else would stay open? You are correct you could raise the licence to $150 and I would still probable come. But you would cut a lot of people out of the picture. The more people you cut out the less revenue you have to improve and maintain your resource. Common economics tell you that.

And if you really look at the violations that are written, and the wantan waist that ac cures look in the mirror. Locals abuse there resources way more often then out of staters.
It's all about Ducks, Dogs, and Kids

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Would and Do. Difference is, I own property there. So down the line, we have the option to sell this and get 10x our $$ we invested. Should cover the cost of a license or two.....Ha. Now back to Bitter lake!

Offline jonas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Bitter Lake is HOT!  I will guide anyone for a small fee.

Offline creepworm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:45 AM »
Ohhh Im still coming. :) I plan on taking home lots of yummy fillets too. The reason your Gov't doesnt jack fees way up is that they UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT THIS WOULD HAVE ON YOUR FRAGILE ECONOMY. You guys are in a great position as we speak. Good fishing, low gas prices, plenty of out of staters willing to come hang out in little ole webster and spend a grand for a weekend of fishing. Now imagine if we put Vulture and friends in charge. Lets elect vulture governor of SD (this would be far dumber then california and minnesota combined). His first action is to raise out of state hunting and fishing licenses by 75-100%. Then things change. This whole debt ceiling mess has far bigger impact then anticipated, gas prices climb back up to over 4$ a gallon, cost of living increases and taxes increase. People have much less money to spend on recreation. Do you honestly thing that people are going to pay these prices to come hunt and fish all the while burning 4-5 dollar gas to get there? Your lodges, gas stations and outfitters close, one by one and your whole state economy, which is built on tourism, begins a downward spiral. Ahhh....the rise and fall of Voltaire. Ha. You see, your Gov't has it figured out. The prices are just right. ;) Cant wait to catch some perch. :)

The bolded statement is so inaccurate it is unbelievable. Tourism is less than one percent of the economy of South Dakota. The economy is based almost completely on Agriculture. Take away all tourism in SD and the state survives, just is hurt a little bit.

Offline creepworm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:46 AM »
I bet 10% of the people that go to SDSU go there for the in state hunting and fishing license.

I did, and I plan on staying in SD when I graduate.

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Ya pry right worm...may have been a little heavy handed in the typing there. Pry should have focused more on micro economies that depend on this tourism. Truth is, I like people from your state. We have a great experience where we go, and many friends. I was just surprised to see soo many people bashing people like me, with reckless abandon. Guess I fired back. Cant wait to get back there in a couple weeks. Cease fire. Ha.

Offline bababooey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #129 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Then don't come then. we have some of the lowest prices for licences and some of the best fishing around, it must be good if your coming to fish, right??

Obviously you have never fished out of state. 

SD is $62 for a non-resident fishing license
NE is $60
IA is $41
MN is $39.50
ND is $35
WI is $50

You guys need to quit breathing out of your mouth, and appreciate what we have here. The fishing is so good here because the GF&P manages it for residents and non-residents.  If you take non residents out of the equation, I will guarantee the GF&P funding will go down too, and the fishing will not be as good. You need to shut your pie holes and quit giving us real SD sportsmen a bad name.

Offline bucks n eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #130 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Arguing your point against someone else with a different point on an internet forum solves all the worlds problems........ said no-one ever.

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
« Reply #131 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:23 PM »
Need to jack up prices on out of state licences.
x2
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:23 PM »
I agree with that!  Increased revenue for sure...  Id say $100 per person for a year.  They would still come
x2
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:23 PM »
All i know is that they are to cheap for them.
x2
-John Buchan

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:23 PM »
Then don't come then. we have some of the lowest prices for licences and some of the best fishing around, it must be good if your coming to fish, right??
x2
-John Buchan

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:23 PM »
You can not really compare tuition to fishing.  Tuition is high any where you go.  And why wouldn't jacking up the fee bring more money to the state?  People are willing to drive 5 hours, stay in a hotel, spend money for bait and food.  Why wouldnt they spend the extra money on the fishinng license?  Why would anyone want to go to school in Nebraska anyway?  Can you even fish in that state?
x2
-John Buchan

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:24 PM »
The bolded statement is so inaccurate it is unbelievable. Tourism is less than one percent of the economy of South Dakota. The economy is based almost completely on Agriculture. Take away all tourism in SD and the state survives, just is hurt a little bit.
x2
-John Buchan

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #137 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:37 PM »
This is getting a little out of hand.  What happened to fisherman trying to help other fisherman with important information like ice conditions, fishing reports, and hot bites?
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline spook_bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #138 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:43 PM »
This is getting a little out of hand.  What happened to fisherman trying to help other fisherman with important information like ice conditions, fishing reports, and hot bites?

X10!!!

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #139 on: Jan 17, 2013, 01:20 PM »
X10!!!

Agreed! Whether we feel welcome our not, we are on our way in a couple weeks. Sure the guys at the lodge will be happy to have us. Hope the bite stays hot! Good fishing everyone, lets drop the politics.

Offline dwmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Jan 17, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Me too welcome or not, will be leaving in just about 24 hours, and will be up Feb. 2nd and the 16th also ;D. Probably a couple more trips after that. :)

Offline Crash04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Jan 17, 2013, 01:56 PM »
Sittin out on bitter now and a few perch and the little walleye are goin pretty good.  Weeeeee

Offline spook_bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #142 on: Jan 17, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Me too welcome or not, will be leaving in just about 24 hours, and will be up Feb. 2nd and the 16th also ;D. Probably a couple more trips after that. :)
we will be there the 15th thru the 18th may have to look you up ;D

Offline natures nook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #143 on: Jan 17, 2013, 02:14 PM »
WOW!!  As asporting goods business owner in SD  all I have to say is the same thing I tell ALL of my customers  GOOD LUCK N HAVE FUN!!

Offline icefishingluva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Jan 17, 2013, 02:30 PM »
looking to head up friday afternoon.  any general areas or tips? thanks!
Let's fish it.

Offline dwmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #145 on: Jan 17, 2013, 02:42 PM »
spook_bob,

Staying at the Galley, grey Dodge 2500 with trailer and Otter sleds

Offline CamoHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Jan 17, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Sorry you all don't feel welcome in SD.  As a SD resident, I apologize.  Hope you realize there are just some bad apples and that everyone is not of the same opinion.  Hope you all have a good trip if you come out, and enjoy your time spent here.  Hope to meet you on the ice someday. 
Do we need to start ANOTHER new thread for Bitter Lake?   ::)

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #147 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:32 PM »
Sorry you all don't feel welcome in SD.  As a SD resident, I apologize.  Hope you realize there are just some bad apples and that everyone is not of the same opinion.  Hope you all have a good trip if you come out, and enjoy your time spent here.  Hope to meet you on the ice someday. 
Do we need to start ANOTHER new thread for Bitter Lake?   ::)

Ha thanks buddy, may not be a bad idea! Like I said, we never get that feeling in southern part of SD. We have a spot at Ft randal. Great place to grow up! Wish I was closer! We do a ton of hunting a fishing in your part of the state, love every minute! Good luck this season.

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #148 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:56 PM »
WELCOME ALL TO SOUTH DAKOTA
-John Buchan

Offline spook_bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #149 on: Jan 17, 2013, 07:32 PM »
spook_bob,

Staying at the Galley, grey Dodge 2500 with trailer and Otter sleds
we will look for you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.