Author Topic: 2012/2013 St. Brieux/Lake Lenore  (Read 19298 times)

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
2012/2013 St. Brieux/Lake Lenore
« on: Nov 18, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Good spot to post info on ice conditions for early season, snow roads and how they are biting throughout the year.

I haven't had a chance to get out to either place yet this year, anyone have a report, is anyone on ice yet? If so how much??

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
Re: 2012/2013 St. Brieux/Lake Lenore
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2012, 05:16 PM »
I have not been out yet but I heard 4". Maybe one of the locals will post.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2012, 05:45 PM »
I have not been out yet but I heard 4". Maybe one of the locals will post.

WHAT!?! 4" I should have been out there 2" ago, lol. Will have to head out there on Saturday or Sunday, if no reports before then I will post my findings, and hopefully some pictures of Jumbo Perch, and some Monster Walleye & Pike.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2012, 11:20 AM »
The ice ranges from 3" to 6".  Depends where you are and how far out you go.  It is still walk on only and dont venture far.  With this warm weather again, the ice will be getting worse with the water sitting ontop not freezing.  Be safe.

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2012, 10:50 AM »
I would like to try Lake Lenore/St. Breiux this winter for eyes and perch. Are there any ``hotspots`` on the lake?  Thanx for any info on the lake. ??? :)

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I would like to try Lake Lenore/St. Breiux this winter for eyes and perch. Are there any ``hotspots`` on the lake?  Thanx for any info on the lake. ??? :)

If you go out to Brieux when it's driveable you will see lots of shacks all across the north end right near where you drive on and a ton at the south end.  That would be the two most popular spots out there I'd say. 

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2012, 02:07 PM »
OK, thanx for the info Shawn!! :)

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Out at St. Brieux today, 7"+ everywhere on the north end in all the holes I drilled. Drilled over 30 holes, and marked only ONE, one friggen fish!!! I caught that fish a nice 2.5lb walleye, great eating fish, but man talk about dead, there was nothing on the flasher, drilled from 6ft of water to 16ft and everywhere between, and nothing!!!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2012, 05:49 PM »
cold front blowing in my man, recipe for disaster.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2012, 06:38 PM »
cold front blowing in my man, recipe for disaster.

I'll be fishing a lake not far from St Brieux tomorrow that I have had really good luck with in the last few weeks so that will really tell the tale. The Walleye that I caught was looken to eat, popped up on my flasher right on my bait, surprised me, sunk down, I followed him down a quick jig and pulled up a bit he chased and hit all happened in about 3 seconds. I was just surprised that I didn't see anything just friggen dead.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Made it out this morning to St Brieux. Fishing was a little slow until around noon then a short flurry of perch activity. Caught ten kept 6. Also got a couple of decent pike around 3 lbs. There was only one other fisherman out there a fellow from Melfort.
He had a Walleye some pike and some perch. He was still there when I left at 4. I fished from 12 to 19 feet with most of the fish coming at 15. SLOW but not dead! nice to be able to get out.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Made it out this morning to St Brieux. Fishing was a little slow until around noon then a short flurry of perch activity. Caught ten kept 6. Also got a couple of decent pike around 3 lbs. There was only one other fisherman out there a fellow from Melfort.
He had a Walleye some pike and some perch. He was still there when I left at 4. I fished from 12 to 19 feet with most of the fish coming at 15. SLOW but not dead! nice to be able to get out.

Thanks for the report.

Offline Perch_Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2012, 05:39 PM »

It was me. Thanks again for the pike. Big perch measured 12.5 inches. Went out again Sunday and it was totally dead. Never saw a single pike or walleye on camera.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2012, 06:35 PM »
It was me. Thanks again for the pike. Big perch measured 12.5 inches. Went out again Sunday and it was totally dead. Never saw a single pike or walleye on camera.

I was out as well Sunday, I was punching allot of holes and trying to mark fish, if I didn't see a fish in 5min I was moving holes. No action on my tip up marked allot of sniffing perch, they were small marks though so my lure may have been to big for them, caught a couple 11-12" perch before I took off.

Were you fishing in one of the pop ups, or were you the guy who was on the UTV?

Offline Perch_Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Pop-up

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Pop-up

I didn't quite understand the UTV guys logic, drove it onto the ice in what would have been about 6ft of water, stopped unloaded his stuff and then walked out to his spot, either it's safe or it's not, don't get it.

7" in every hole I drilled.

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Just FYI. They emptied town lagoon into Lake Lenore small lake last few days so its now filled with stinky poo water. I hate that they do that in the winter because there is no way for the water to mix around with the wind. So I stay off until iceoff. Yuk, it sucks.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Just FYI. They emptied town lagoon into Lake Lenore small lake last few days so its now filled with stinky poo water. I hate that they do that in the winter because there is no way for the water to mix around with the wind. So I stay off until iceoff. Yuk, it sucks.
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to try the little lake and see if the perch were where I found them in the summer.
Will prob wait until spring now. 

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2012, 01:16 AM »

If it's not mercury it's crap, good work Lake Lenore! Jeez.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 12, 2012, 11:48 AM »
I guess that is one way of keeping people away from the lake.  Maybe the fish will grow this winter with less pressure.  They should dump some sewer in the summer when the lake is really busy.  Maybe it would take the pressure of for a few weeks and give the fish a break.

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Maybe they can have a new category for their derby....Biggest butt nugget caught!  Why dump in a lake??!!! ??? :cookoo: :wacko: Can`t be good for the water, fish..? 

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:03 PM »
that should be illegal

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 13, 2012, 09:49 AM »
It is not dumped into the lake but it does make it's way there.  Now it is a great place for the kids to ride there GT's on.  1 mile down hill slope of colored ice. 
I don't know forsure but i would assume it has been treated and no it contains nothing but color in the water.  it is just the thought that sticks in your head and maybe on your line now too. :-\

Offline canada_man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 13, 2012, 11:22 AM »
I dont know for sure... but it is highly unlikely that the town would dump raw sewage into the lake.  My guess is it was treated.  Maybe they emptied a settling pond or something.  Many of the major lakes and rivers in SK have some form of tertiary sewage pumped into them at some point.  Just my $0.02.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm not trying to start a fight.

CM

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2012, 01:40 PM »
maybe the action is just really great and he wants to keep it to himself and try to scare others off :P

does anyone know how the sewage dump is actually done (treated, etc.?) and how it affects the lake?
"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline whitepoplar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Pretty sure dumping of raw sewage is illegal in saskoberia. The CO's would be all over that like ugly on an ape. Cabin owners along lakes must have only holding tanks for sewage grey water and black water. The Co's check it too!
netting on big lake this weekend I'm sure there will be a few CO's checking nets all weekend

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2012, 06:21 PM »
maybe the action is just really great and he wants to keep it to himself and try to scare others off :P

does anyone know how the sewage dump is actually done (treated, etc.?) and how it affects the lake?

I think it's the original poster about the sewage just pooping down a hole  :P

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Prob not raw sewage a treatment lagoon is supposed to allow most solids to settle out but its still a little gross and smelly.

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2012, 11:52 PM »
the same thing happens near humboldt in stoney lake on a yearly basis, but the water is treated, tested and definately has no floaties in it. doesnt seem to make the lake smell or fish bite any different. there is no way that it is raw sewage being drained in LL, and is a big enough body of water that the amount of water runoff that actually makes its way to lake will have any effect at all. still a shame that has to be drained in the direction of a cottage/fish bearing lake!!

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 15, 2012, 02:01 AM »
Agreed zawni83!
I fished St. Brieux with my one of my sons pretty hard today in several areas at several depths with very limited success. Caught 6 perch (2 good ones) and 1 small walleye. Thought it would be better! Drove everywhere with ease. Oh well, was fun to be out with my boy, and tomorrow will be another day!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.