Author Topic: pk lures in Regina  (Read 4072 times)

Offline got-ya

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tic tic slam
pk lures in Regina
« on: Feb 03, 2012, 12:44 PM »
    Anyone interested-- I know there hard to find!! Wholesale Sports in Regina just got a shipment of pk lures in. There going fast!!!

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: pk lures in Regina
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Greatnorthern and pokeys always have them

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Pokeys and northern are both on the low side right now but they will both have fresh shipments in on monday or tuesday. Support the little guys!
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:53 PM »
The pks have sure worked well This winter. I am curious to see what they do in open water
Blake from Elbow

Offline 28560hunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:04 PM »
GO TO NORTHERN ROD AND REEL ONLY PLACE TO BUY STUFF IN REGINA NOT GOING TO BASH ANY OF THE OTHERS STORES BUT WHOAAAAAAAAAAA I COULD

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:45 PM »
Are you guys tipping your PK's on Last Mountain? I ve had a good year out there so far but the Buckshots have been producing 3:1 vs the PK's. Im always tipping with a walleye eye or tulibee eye is this negating the action of the PK's?

Cheers!!

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:27 PM »
Great Northern has its drawbacks too...dont kid yourself. I support whoever has what I need and they all get my money at some point. All 3 places have a selling feature.  Wholesale has the box store have-it -all purpose , Pokeys has the specialty items, selection and knowledge you cant get anywhere else  and Northern has its archery  . As for the best place to find a Pk....in your tackle box!!

Offline BlindIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:16 PM »
I agree buckshots are out producing the Pk's but not to say they are a bad lure they do work. Also nipawin at the Co-op gas station by the grocery store has a good selection there and priced reasonable. Pk's might be better just haven't given them as much time as the buckshots.

MikeMiller

« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:47 PM »
i get all my stuff at pokies greg and gord help me out like no tomorrow good guys usually i use no bait but if i see them coming up on the flasher and no action i tip with a half a minnow depending on how big the minnow is perch eyes work good to usually greg or gord order a double batch of pks so always have in stock

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:06 PM »
GO TO NORTHERN ROD AND REEL ONLY PLACE TO BUY STUFF IN REGINA NOT GOING TO BASH ANY OF THE OTHERS STORES BUT WHOAAAAAAAAAAA I COULD

wow really .... if they are that great why cant you even get a fishing license there ?

your pretty brave newbie for opening your mouth like that

Offline 28560hunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:19 AM »
DO YOU KNOW HOW OUR COMY GOV SELLS LICENSES AND WHAT A STORE MAKES ON THEM???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline toki4040

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:08 AM »
im gunna assume a company makes some money off of selling them or else why would places like walmart even sell them.

Offline quinn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:29 AM »
my brother is going to regina today and hopefully he can snag me a few pk lure i asked him to get the 1/4 or 3/8oz in the firtigerglow flutterfish and the red dot glow.  i am really excited to get them and try them out and see if they live up to the hype i have been hearing about.
"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce serenity of mind" Washington Irving

emt

« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2012, 12:11 PM »
hey spoxick,
maybe you should go and inquire why they don't sell licences in Great Northern-they got a good reason-if you gotta problem with it, you should talk to SERM about it. And whether you are new or have 10,000 posts on here-last time I checked people are allowed to express their opinions-that is why it is an open forum
Welcome to ice shanty 28560hunting-feel free to express your opinion whenever you want!!!!
EMT

Offline 28560hunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2012, 01:02 PM »
THANKS FOR THE PAT ON YHE BACK EMT HAVE FOLLOWED THIS  FORUM FOR A LONG TIME JUST NEVER SAID ANYTHING

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2012, 02:44 PM »
its like a gas station not selling oil ..
or not having a air pump

or a grocery store not selling milk and bread 
they are providing a service ... if you were new in town or just getting into the sport wouldnt you be a little confused frustrated or annoyed when you went into a one stop shop and they didnt even have the VERY FIRST step for getting into the sport ..

this convo has been brought up before. i got nothing against gnrr just have my preference as to where i give my money ... they come in second.

and i tell ya one thing if i went to buy what i needed it would be pokeys and then gnrr that i went too .. if those 2 places dont have it i prollie dont need it and no reason to walk into a bigbox outfit.

emt

« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2012, 03:06 PM »
LIKE I SAID BEFORE, GO IN TO GREAT NORTHERN AND ASK WHY THEY DON'T SELL LICENCES AND THEN MAYBE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING.
And I know the guys at both places and they are all good guys
it is funny how you bash great northern but then it is the place you would go to if pokeys did not have what you want????
whatever, to each their own-I would rather be out catching huge pike and walleye and buy my tackle from where ever I want to!!!
EMT

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2012, 03:15 PM »
I go to any store. Find something differant in most. Last time at gnrr found some very neat things that worked so good have to go back and buy some more. In one season I will go to Scheels..Dakota Tackle..Bass Pro Shop..Pokeys..GNRR..Wh olesale.. Canadian Tire..Wallmart..

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2012, 03:23 PM »
I go to any store. Find something differant in most. Last time at gnrr found some very neat things that worked so good have to go back and buy some more. In one season I will go to Scheels..Dakota Tackle..Bass Pro Shop..Pokeys..GNRR..Wh olesale.. Canadian Tire..Wallmart..

That's what I do! Shopping around gives you a chance to see who charges the least, that way you can usually figure out where to go to get the best deal.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline 28560hunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2012, 04:30 PM »
I CAN TELL YOU WHY THE PERCENTAGE THEY MAKE ON SELLING IS MARGINAL I DONT REMEMBER THE EXACT NUMBER AND I AM NOT GOIN TO GUESS AND BE HUNG.THIS IS HOW IT WORKS BY THE THE TIME THE CUSTOMER USES DEBIT,INTERAC OR CREDIT CARD AND THEY PAY THE BANK THAT PERCENTAGE IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE HEADACHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.IF YOU HUNT AND HAVE EVER GONE INTO TNT TO BUY A LICENSE WHY DO YOU THINK HE CHARGES YOU CASH ONLY FOR LICENSES.SORRY GUYS BUT THE LITTLE GUYS WERE HERE BEFORE THE BOX STORES DO YOUR BEST TO KEEP THEM AROUND. I AM SELF EMPLOYED TRUST ME I KNOW HOW IT WORKS THANKS FOR LISTENING AND ALL YOUR IMPUTS.JUST MY TWO CENTS$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2012, 05:37 PM »
The caps lock button is beside the a.
Still counting.....

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:50 PM »
I've bought most of my pks at wholesale sports.  The wife usually drops me off there when she goes a shopping.  My dad winters in MESA, so usually I place an order with him for my yearly restock of fishing supplies.
Blake from Elbow

Offline sureshot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I was there today and the 1/4 oz were pretty much gone in the pk spoons.white were all gone.only 3/8 and up.

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:04 PM »
The caps lock button is beside the a.

Haha yup! Too funny!! ;D

Offline swc21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:35 PM »
I'd agree with walleye777. Been having a lot better luck with the buck shots. Heard the hype so I bought a bunch of pk's and I don't have the same luck with them. I've been tipping them with perch eye balls or minnow heads. I've found that it does ruin some of the action on the light spoons and flutter fish. Haven't tried jigging "naked" with them cause the tipped buck shots or rapalas have been working this year.

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2012, 02:21 PM »
I'd agree with walleye777. Been having a lot better luck with the buck shots. Heard the hype so I bought a bunch of pk's and I don't have the same luck with them. I've been tipping them with perch eye balls or minnow heads. I've found that it does ruin some of the action on the light spoons and flutter fish. Haven't tried jigging "naked" with them cause the tipped buck shots or rapalas have been working this year.

Totally agree I've been nailing everything this year with buck shots. Perch,walleyes, pike, burbot you name it and a buck shot with a minnow head has had one on it. Lost my good one yesterday to a burbot. Anyone on long lake with a burbot with a gold buckshot in its lip. I'd sure like it back lol :icefish:

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:07 PM »
I just got some pk's, but haven't given them a fair effort yet. But it's going to be tough to outdo the "Lindy Rattlin Flyer". It's been awesome since I got it. Also done really well on the small "Lindy Darter". But the buckshot and macho minnow are very reliable stand-bys.

Offline Icehole9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2012, 04:59 PM »
IMO its all been a brilliant marketing plan, and every single one of us now owns a few pklures....well done pk. But jig-a-whopper and the lindy flyer are still my go to lures.

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:00 PM »
I disagree. Buckshot have not landed me a SINGLE fish all season. Flutter fish have done wonders! Actually the yellow and green one got me my first walleye ever this season  ;D but the pike love em' walleye love them and the perch go nuts for them. Flutter fish are where its at.

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:20 PM »
IMO its all been a brilliant marketing plan, and every single one of us now owns a few pklures....well done pk. But jig-a-whopper and the lindy flyer are still my go to lures.
I'll give you that the big-a-whopper was my hammer lure up till I got the buck shots. I still let the old lady use em and she still does great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.